View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Thumbs up The Story of Jack Sparrow, The One-Eye Pirate Cat

Hi, my name is Jack Sparrow. You may call me Captain Jack. *removing hat and bowing from waist*

No, I'm not Blackie. I'm just hijacking her account as it's the most convenient method.

I live on the streets of Sri Petaling, but Jalan 1/149J is my favourite haunting place.

I am a one-eyed brown, mackerel tabby. My other eye socket is missing its eyeball, and most people who saw me turned away in horror. I am not sure how I lost my eye, but most likely it could be due to the Tom Cat that prowls around this area.

One day, someone, whose name I would later learned is Jimmy a.k.a. Coony, took me in. He fed me and took care of me. I could sense he was a kind soul, as he also took in a beautiful tabby with socks, and a white young kitten that was attacked by Tom Cat. The poor kitten had open wounds, but is now recovering under the TLC of Jimmy.

One by one, the strays in Jimmy's shop were rehomed. Except for me. Nobody wanted me because I have an empty eye socket.

Then, 3 days ago, my luck changed. On Tuesday, at 2pm, a lovely, tiny lady came in, took one look at me, and said she wants me. I was so excited as I could sense that this lady genuinely cared about my condition and wants to take care of me for the rest of my life.

Her name, I learned, is Cookie, and she has 7 other special needs cats. I am so looking forward to go live with her and her other cats.

She has arranged with her vet to neuter me on Christmas morning so I could go live with her after that. Yay!! She is my Christmas gift. I can't wait.

Thank you so much for wanting me, Cookie.
And thank you, Jimmy, for taking me in and giving me another chance at a better life.

Purrs and headbutts,
Captain Jack Sparrow