View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 04:35 PM
PetFinder Buddy

kmleong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cats in Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianng87 View Post
hi kmleong,
just to share a story of the same case of my aunt who is facing the same problem currently too.

my aunt lives in a condominium in ampang jaya, she, herself is an animal lover so she would feed any stray cats that passes by the back lorong of her house if she spots any. and so, this made quite a number of strays cats stayed over nights at the back lorong of her house. at the same time, she is having 2 cocker spaniel inside of the house.

things are just fine from the upkeep of her house and the back area, but then, there was one day when the condominium changed the management in-charge, the new management gave her a warning letter to evacuate the stray cats when they spotted there are a lot of cats wandering around her house. then, my aunt stopped feeding them and asked for my help to find the cats a good home. me and my friend helped out to re-home them one by one, and some fell sick cos of starving knowing they are too depending on my aunt to feed them daily. my aunt is not financially capable to send all of them to spca though is nearby to her place and this made my aunt cried for few nights because of her guilt to stop feeding the stray cats to ensure she gets no problem staying at the condo along with the management.

later that, few had died and few were adopted, but the management just don't seem to like my aunt no matter how she already done to not let the cats wander around, like what others have said, people will just find a mistake to blame on you, so the management later blame my aunt's two dogs are making the condo area a lot of foul smells and noise. but before the new management took place there were no complaints at all as the dogs are kept earlier than the cats exist there.

so the second and third warning letters was issued with mpaj's people came inspecting her house. she told the mpaj how she manage the dogs and ask for rayuan and they said they will give more time to evacuate the dogs only. my aunt later tried everything to ask mpaj's office again, and nothing she could do to stop the complaints issued by the management, so she ignored it as that time she is already mentally breaking down.

after 1 month, mpaj came visit again with a letter fining about (im not sure the exact amount) RM500-RM700. then my aunt went and ask for rayuan again, what mpaj did was reduce the amount of fine only, but the same action of evacuating the dogs had to be taken, but given a longer period of time. now my aunt had given up and planning to move out of that condo.

just a suggestion, if you think the management there is already not worth to be paid a single cent for your comfort living in your apartment, then find another one that can let you keep your pets comfortably (of course with a clean environment taking care of your pets), i know its not easy and it'll be quite troublesome, but you got my support! good luck kmleong!
I feel happy that I'm not the only one with this problem but also feel sad for your aunt. Stories like these makes my heart pain. Your aunt have problems with the management while mine is with the neighbour. Moving is the solution but same time makes me sad cause I bought this place while it was still under development. That's why I can't survey the place or ask anyone whether pets are allowed. As you know sales ppl they don't know anything their job is only to register your name for purchases. I stayed here already around five years, spend alot of money on furniture. This was the cheapest apartment (115K) on sale and also near my work place just 5 min drive. Most apartments cost 200k++ here in Penang. By right the management shouldn't interfere. The cats doesn't belong to your aunt, she doesn't keep them in her house so basically it's not under her. In my place there are lots of stray cats roaming around not just on the ground floor but also on the 2nd 3rd floor. They come up by themself but our management doesn't do anything but only take action on cats that have ownership. I'm not sounding like I don't like the presence of these stray cats but just explaining how the management do things. I do feed these strays if they come to my door step especially one particular one which I name happy. Whenever I come home she will run to my block whenever I return home cause she sleeps in a few blocks away. But she doesn't seem to like to eat cat biscuits but wants fish but I think there are other neighbour also feeding them. Now i don't know where she has gone, probably to the upper floor.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the story. Hope your aunt will find a better place.