View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 05:08 PM
PetFinder Buddy

kmleong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cats in Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Friend, as long as your neighbour complains, there is NOTHING the local council authorities can do for you BECAUSE the cepumas is " ... provided that your neighbours DO NOT COMPLAIN about your pets ...".

Even if you do keep the number of pets as allowed by the local council in your premises, if any of your neighbours complains of annoyance i.e. barking, smell, etc., your pets CAN be taken away from you. Pet ownership is not a right, it is just an entitlement.
That is why, relationship with neighbours is important. And before you purchase a piece of property, make sure you survey the area and the mentality of the people there.

There are places where you can let your animals (cats, not dogs) enjoy and live outdoors but there are some where you cannot. Either some itchy finggers (people who only know how to play with but not care for the cats) will steal your nice healthy looking cats and dump them when they are sick, or there are stray dogs, or the people there simply hate them and cannot even tolerate the sight of them, let alone the poo-poo in their garden or backlane.

And sad to say, there are even places where you cannot even keep them indoors with peace ... your neighbour several doors away complains that you are causing their asthma!

Whatever it is, I sympathise with you and wish you luck with your furries. Pets are such a joy and they make your life so much more worthwhile, not to mention your improved health.
Well, I bought this apartment when it was still under development so I can't survey the place. i moved in a year later after it got the OC. After a year staying here (the neighbour) bought it from someone else the corner unit. First 1-2 years there was no complains from him. Then he came in the middle of the night pass midnight and started knocking on my window when I answered he started complaining in a rude way instead of talking nicely, so we got into an argument. Every now and then he still makes complains and I get a call from the management to do something about the smell. This time the comittee was involved, three guys + the management + the neighbour all together 5 ppl were there during the meeting. They ask me to evict right away so what is your plan, the MPPP tel no is just right infront of us we can call them right now. What kind of a threat is this?
So what you are saying there's no point go and see MPPP about this matter cause even if I manage to plea from them if the neighbour still makes complain MPPP will find me or take away my cats? I don't think there's any end if we continue fighting cause even if I do keep the place clean when his son or family fall sick he will put the blame on me.

Last edited by kmleong; 11-03-2010 at 05:13 PM.