View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 01:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

shahcats is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cats in Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Shah, the dettol things has been post repeatedly and I will not repeat it anymore. Pls kindly chk it out yourself.

For clorox, the reason why you can't have cats at 6 mths when cat die due to FIP,FIV FeLV not because of clorox is strong. This is due to the virus is very resistance. If you follow the story about the death of Kyzoor's 27 cats then you will know what I mean. Pls also get yourself a copy of Cat Owner's Home Veterineary Handbook by Dr Debra Eldredge (I think now the price is around RM150) or you can get it online for free. Blackie007 posted the link for free downloading in this forum. Kindly chk it yourself.

If clorox if too strong for cats why vets use it after every treatment?? If you notice, when you bring your cat to the vet, when the vet is done with your cat he/she will spray the table with clorox before another patient coming in. Why??
I went to see quite a number of vet to chk on their service & how they treat my pets before I settle for one and none of them offer me dettol as a solution,so I am not sure your vet's opinion. You may also want to ask Nurkasih what happen to her cat after she use dettol. How she got an earful from her vet for using dettol. But then again, it is about choice. Up to you if you want to use it. Nobody forcing our opinion to you.

However, I agree with Nurazua, if you let the floor thoroughly dry after moping with Dettol it should be ok because it won't stick on the cat's paw.

Of course clorox is harmful if you drink it. Not only animal, human also. As a responsible pet owner and also human being, we should keep all those stuff in secure place not in the open area which are reachable by chidlren or animal.
tq kak..just finish read the kyzoor case..