View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Animal Lover

Fox88 is on a distinguished road
Smile **Advice Needed** How to Train your Dog for Condominium Stay =D

Hello Everyone!

I have been seriously considering adopting a dog; but there's a small problem.... I am currently renting a unit at a condominium in Bukit Gasing PJ

To be honest - I have made up my mind in getting a medium sized dog anyway; considering the fact that there are a few occupants keeping their furry friends here too. But to do that, I will need to ensure that the pooch is comfortable and well-trained not to be an irritation to my neighbours.

That being said; I humbly seek your kind advice on raising a lovely, docile pooch in a condominium.

Here are some of the questions that I have:

1) Is there a safer/respectful way to transport dogs in/out of the condominium for a walk etc. without alerting the condo occupants? I have seen several occupants taking their pooches in the lifts... but considering that I am only renting, I do not intend to use the lift out of respect of others.

2) What is the best way to potty train your pooch (**irregardless of the dogs age). I have read countless of ways, and have deduced that the best option is to get the dog a cage. Any ideas?

3)Have any of you encountered occasions whereby your pup/dog suddenly goes into a barking frenzy? I am looking at docile dogs: but you may never know when they just go ballistic <lol>. What would you do in situations such as these? What is the best way to train a dog to become passive/docile?

4) I live alone (the whole unit to myself), and have a night shift job (3.30-4am). During that time, is there any way that I can ensure my dogs comfort and worse of all - ensure that he/she does not create a ruckus that would raise suspicions?

These are a few of the questions bugging me - especially in my decision making of getting a furry partner. I am from Alor Star; living alone in a condo-unit; with a stressful night-shift at a bank. I am in dire need of a furry-friend to just be there in time of need....and so I look up to all of you for your kind support to educate me with raising a dog in a condominium.

P/S I believe I have already found "my furry Friend" on this petfinder website - hoping and praying she is still available though! :3

I look forward for your kind assistance and support!

Best regards,
A Dog Lover