View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Law For Keeping Pets In Condo/Apartment

Bro,aku baru dapat latest info yg buku undang undang (segala Akta,Seksyen) di kedai buku ialah yg 2002 kebawah. latest punya 2005 and above ada kat library Jln Tun Razak. Sapa rajin pergi serang library this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
For undang-undang on pet ownership, you refer to the council governing the area that you reside in.

The only difference I see is the enforcement difference in urban and rural areas.

Kalau you live in an urban area where the living density is higher, there may be more people who feel uncomfortable if you keep more pets than is legally allowed and will complain to the council which will step in and take action (which is complaint-based, meaning that they act if there are complaints otherwise they don't).

However, in less urban or crowded areas, your neighbours may behave more tolerantly because they are less affected or bothered by the activity of your extra animals because of the more spacious environment, they may be less inclined to complain the the local council, so there is peace.

However, I think many of you who live in KL and Selangor flats and apartments are refering to the building management rules put up by your own building management companies which often do not allow keeping of pets in your residences. Now, this is between you guys and your own building management company, as well as your landlords.

If you are the owner of your own flat or apartment then I believe you and the other pet keeping owners can push your rights to keep pets but the number must be within the limit set by your local council.

Incidentally, there is a little flexibility if your landed property is a semi-D or a bungalow house with land on both sides of your house.