View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My dog die suspect poisoning. Need advice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceccy87 View Post
My worse fear is there are people deliberate kill my dog. The story of people leaving meat containing nails to kill stray dogs worry me the most. Bit Bit had be buried without an autopsy. But I'm afraid he is not the target dog and it might happen again. My two mongrel dogs do get some complaint before for being noisy and chasing car.
Dear Grace,

First, I offer my condolences on the death of Bit Bit. He is now at least resting in peace, beyond pain, but you and your family are left to sort out what happened.

You mentioned that your two mixed-breed dogs have been chasing cars. Do your dogs roam outside your property? If so, I would encourage you to stop allowing this. There are a lot of people out there who don't like dogs and will mistreat them given an opportunity. There are also plenty of accidents waiting for them, including vehicles, eating spoiled food, etc. You really need to keep the dogs on your own property, both to ensure their safety and well-being and to preserve the rights of your neighbours.

Unfortunately, without an autopsy, it will be impossible to know for sure what caused Bit Bit's death, but as you said, because he went down so suddenly, it seems possible that there was something deadly in food that was given him. Again, if I were in your shoes, I would make very sure my surviving two dogs stay very close to home. If they are running free, there is nothing you can do to protect them. :-(

Sending best wishes for you and your family as you grieve Bit Bit, and for the safety of your two remaining dogs...