View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 01:18 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Abuse of PETFINDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw_pon View Post
maybe wat u say is true "misplacement" but if this ppl are honest then in da description ther should put ther honest story loh y da fella put stuff lik i got no time and stuff lik tht i still consider this not an "abuse" but is "misuse" da site and another place to sell pet loh
This is true. It was an 'abuse'. But we have rectified it and make it legitimate. At PetFinder.my, you can now BUY / SELL pets as well. We'll be improving our site to add more features as ppl demand them.

PetFinder's main objective is to ensure that ALL pets, whether strays, or breed-ed, will find a loving home.

Quote:
...by the way da whole site is bout adoption and most member disagree in buying pet....but da word ABUSE will attract more member to read this thread.....
oh thx for keeping an eye for me....
I have always wondered why there are still ppl in this world who's cruel to animals. And everyday, we see abandoned animals. After years of wondering, I have come to the conclusion that people who abuse animals do not have sympathy towards them.... ie, they do not truly 'understand' that an animal, just like humans, have feelings.

So, to come to the point, I and Andy have set up PetFinder.my which is a site to educate people about pets and how to take care of them. Also, to help eradicate homeless animals in Malaysia.

And to do this, we'll need to be all inclusive. Ie, provide the tools for pet rescuers, pet owners, pet buyers, pet adopters, etc. The more people who visits this site would translate to more adoption. Period.

Take this example:

Ali Baba wanted to buy a persian cat. Ali Baba goes to PetFinder.my because he knows he can buy a cat here. But while looking thru the Pet Profiles, he came across a cute Siamese cat put up for adoption.. and he's hooked... ie, he was thinking to himself.. "Hmm.. this cat is sooo cute, and I don't really need a persian per se... and this adorable cat have no family to take care of it.. so, why not adopt it instead?'... So, Ali Baba, started out looking to buy a pet, but ended up adopting one.

You may laugh at my story, but even if 20-30% of ppl changes their mind, we'll get more pets adopted.

Also, now, Ali Baba knows that PetFinder.my can also adopt free pets, he'll be telling his friends... and before we know it, a whole flock of ppl will be coming to provide loving homes.

So, my long rant is about these points:
  • PetFinder.my is about PETS and ANIMALS
  • PetFinder.my is about educating people to be better Pet Owners (whether they are buyers or adopters)
  • PetFinder.my will find a home for ALL pets, whether they are for Adoption or for Sale.
  • By making PetFinder.my accessible to ALL people, the site will grow quicker and attract more visitors which will then encourage people to adopt a pet instead of buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
the adopter from here should get some offer discount. that is encourage to people get into adoption program at here.
By the way I think pet finder done a good job at the moment. from 397 get 30% happy
That's right BUDDY!! And it's only been 2 months! We have had so much success stories already told to us from our Rescuers and from organizations like SPCA and PAWS.

And I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks for Dog-is-my-Buddy for being one of the oldest member of this forum and helping answer quetions and educate people about pet ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBlue View Post
PetFinder is doing an awesome job. as what I can say is that...

3. it's called PETFINDER... in short for people to find a pet for themselves. If you ask me, even if it's a breeder based transaction. There will be more clarity and the ability to leave feedback on the transaction is a good thing.
Exactly, exactly. We want to make it transparent. Bad breeders or Buyers will eventually be found out and blacklisted! Without this feature, abuse will keep going on.