View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Animal Lover

junshue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Toilet training issues

Super late reply. ;w; Been busy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza17 View Post
After he eat, you can lock him in the cage with the litter sand only. Avoid talking or noticing him until he does his business.
It didn't work very well, with the cage..haha..since I live in an apartment. I would have put his litterbox in the cage, but.. well, parents are always so naggy.. so yeah.. >.>; I had it in the bathroom instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynthia View Post
When I got my kitten, the first thing I did was "introduced" her to the litter box. I put her in the litter box and scratched the sand a couple of times. Then I would feed my kitten. 30 minutes later, I will take her to the litter box again and repeat my actions. If nothing happens, I will try again in 10 mins... until she finally pees/poos... I will stroke her, pet her etc... Accident happened once of twice. I scolded her. Then repeated the litter box training again. So far, its working
Ah! I did this sorta.. but gave him treats/food after he does his business. ;-; I am still patiently waiting for him to actually learn to use the litterbox. It's kinda funny how he's really good at opening and getting out from the bathroom with the door being locked up in there and everything else..but that. haha. >.>''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meffy View Post
Maybe he doesn't like the smell of the sand that you bought for him? If it's scented, then try a non-scented type. If he doesn't like the clumping clay, try other types of sand. You can also try pine pellets, silica or some people even use recycled paper
Well, I used to use sands, but now I don't and my kittens have a bad habit of kicking the sands, so it's a hassle to clean them off everytime. ...and yeah...(fyi, he's the eldest among all the kittens I have now) The rest are able to do their 'business' in the litterbox and would make a noise when they're done though.

I'm still thinking of other ways to get him to learn, but it's tough. >.<