Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 12-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Felix The Cat's Avatar
Felix The Cat Felix The Cat is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 17
Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

Salam Hafina,

Quarantine kat Sarawak now is minimum 2 months je no longer 6 months
__________________

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Marcelleve's Avatar
Marcelleve Marcelleve is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pulau Langkawi
Posts: 249
Rep Power: 12
Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve
Smile Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

Hi,
@ Felix the cat - waah nasib baik mereka dah kurangkan.
@ Hafina - yes more better from KK to Sarawak. Mak I pun buat sama bah...
It's true you must apply so they release your pet for 22 days rather than full 1 month.
And it is really true... confirm tak ada kuarantin coming back to KL or any West territories.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Eve


Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Salam Hafina,

Quarantine kat Sarawak now is minimum 2 months je no longer 6 months
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadyazgal View Post
hafina, kuarantin tu mksdnya diorg akn kurung cat u d station quarantine diorg utk pemantauan whether kucing tu ada pnyakit berjangkit especilly rabies dlm tempoh kuarntin tu. n u surely blh dtg mlawat kucing u dlm tmpoh tu. my cat will be released this tuesday sbb permohonan kuarantin 21 days sy dluluskan. klu xmemohon, mmg akan kuarantin 1 bulan la..

i xsure klu sarawak pny kuarantin brp Lama, but u better call jphaiwan sarawak and tanya btul2 dlu if u really wish to bring ur cat with u.. klu betul 6 months, u better bwk masuk kucing u melalui kota kinabalu, n after 1 month quarantine, u blh bwk blik kucing u via land or air. n yg pnting xda quarantine lg for ur cat coz sabah n srwk are a free rabies states.

masa ni la u kena beratkan sikit kepala utk fkir what is d best for ur cats.. klu ada apa2 lg yg u xclear, tnya ja bah.. :)

oo ya, mmg kesian n tak smpai hati sgt tinggalkan kucing i kat quarantine station tu but i go visit her everyday except weekends cuz station tu tutup..
__________________
"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."~Thomas A. Edison
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-18-2010, 08:53 PM
hafina_86's Avatar
hafina_86 hafina_86 is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 33
Rep Power: 0
hafina_86 is on a distinguished road
Post Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadyazgal View Post
hafina, kuarantin tu mksdnya diorg akn kurung cat u d station quarantine diorg utk pemantauan whether kucing tu ada pnyakit berjangkit especilly rabies dlm tempoh kuarntin tu. n u surely blh dtg mlawat kucing u dlm tmpoh tu. my cat will be released this tuesday sbb permohonan kuarantin 21 days sy dluluskan. klu xmemohon, mmg akan kuarantin 1 bulan la..

i xsure klu sarawak pny kuarantin brp Lama, but u better call jphaiwan sarawak and tanya btul2 dlu if u really wish to bring ur cat with u.. klu betul 6 months, u better bwk masuk kucing u melalui kota kinabalu, n after 1 month quarantine, u blh bwk blik kucing u via land or air. n yg pnting xda quarantine lg for ur cat coz sabah n srwk are a free rabies states.

masa ni la u kena beratkan sikit kepala utk fkir what is d best for ur cats.. klu ada apa2 lg yg u xclear, tnya ja bah.. :)

oo ya, mmg kesian n tak smpai hati sgt tinggalkan kucing i kat quarantine station tu but i go visit her everyday except weekends cuz station tu tutup..
Dear Nadyazgal,
thanks for the explaination..
baru sekarang i faham semua..
kiranya kita boleh juga buat permohonan untuk kurangkan tempoh quarantine ya?
kalau macam tu.tidur tak lena lah i sebulan nanti tunggu my baby keluar..
sedihnyaa..

jarak airport for my house is not realy close..
sedihnya..
i will try apply apa yang patut..
i dont have any relatives in kk so macam susah nak pergi sana..
hopefully dapatlah 22 days quarantine tu..
thanks all...
hargai sgt nasihat2 u'all..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-18-2010, 08:59 PM
hafina_86's Avatar
hafina_86 hafina_86 is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 33
Rep Power: 0
hafina_86 is on a distinguished road
Post Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelleve View Post
Hi,
@ Felix the cat - waah nasib baik mereka dah kurangkan.
@ Hafina - yes more better from KK to Sarawak. Mak I pun buat sama bah...
It's true you must apply so they release your pet for 22 days rather than full 1 month.
And it is really true... confirm tak ada kuarantin coming back to KL or any West territories.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Eve
Thank u so much dear Eve..
banyak sgt tolong bagi info kat hafina..
hargai sgt..
dari hafina tak faham sampai dah faham dibantu...
Terima kasih.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-19-2010, 12:37 AM
nadyazgal's Avatar
nadyazgal nadyazgal is offline
PetFinder Buddy
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: kuala lumpur-tawau
Posts: 66
Rep Power: 13
nadyazgal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafina_86 View Post
Dear Nadyazgal,
thanks for the explaination..
baru sekarang i faham semua..
kiranya kita boleh juga buat permohonan untuk kurangkan tempoh quarantine ya?
kalau macam tu.tidur tak lena lah i sebulan nanti tunggu my baby keluar..
sedihnyaa..

jarak airport for my house is not realy close..
sedihnya..
i will try apply apa yang patut..
i dont have any relatives in kk so macam susah nak pergi sana..
hopefully dapatlah 22 days quarantine tu..
thanks all...
hargai sgt nasihat2 u'all..
pengurangan tempoh kuarantin dr 1 bulan ke 21 hari tu just utk negeri sabah ja... utk sarawak i xsure blh kurg or tak.. but, better 1 bulan drpd 2 bulan kuarantin kn? lgpun sbnrnya, ada caj utk setiap hari kucing u tinggal kat kuarantin tu.. contoh cm dkt kinarut quarantine station ni, for cat is rm4 per day.. so 21days= rm84.. just for ur info la :)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Marcelleve's Avatar
Marcelleve Marcelleve is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pulau Langkawi
Posts: 249
Rep Power: 12
Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve
Default Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

Salam Hafina,
You're welcome. I'm glad I can help.

I hope things will work out with you just fine.

Good luck.
Best Regards,
Eve
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafina_86 View Post
Thank u so much dear Eve..
banyak sgt tolong bagi info kat hafina..
hargai sgt..
dari hafina tak faham sampai dah faham dibantu...
Terima kasih.
__________________
"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."~Thomas A. Edison
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-25-2012, 01:43 PM
sarahsyafiq sarahsyafiq is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
sarahsyafiq is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

salam hafina, sy nk tny pengalaman awk bwk kcing awk pndah srwk haritu? sbb sy mgkin kena pindah srwk dlm ms 2mth ni. tq.. :)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Felix The Cat's Avatar
Felix The Cat Felix The Cat is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 17
Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsyafiq View Post
salam hafina, sy nk tny pengalaman awk bwk kcing awk pndah srwk haritu? sbb sy mgkin kena pindah srwk dlm ms 2mth ni. tq.. :)
Asslam....

Here are the steps you need to do :-
1) Make sure your cat has been fully vacinated.
2) Rabbies shot given.
3) Microchipped done.
4) Apply for Import Permit at Jabatan Haiwan Kuching.
5) Apply for Export Permit at Jabatan Haiwan Kuala Lumpur.
6) Once all the above has been done and Jabatan Haiwan has approved your application, you will need to bring your cat to Jabtan Haiwan for a medical check up.
&) After health check up has been done then a Health Certificate will be issued to you. This certificate is valid for 48 hours or 72 hours not sure about this. During this time your cat will need to travel if not the 'Health Certificate' will expire.
7) Then you have an option to travel with your cat. Book a ticket then check in your cat as an excess baggage. Charges RM10.00 per kilo.
OR
8) Send your cat via MAS CARGO but you will need to hire an agent to do the clearing for you at Customs office.
9) Upon arrival at Kuching International Airport your cat will be quarantined.
__________________

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-25-2012, 08:07 PM
aldot aldot is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
aldot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

May I chip in on the microchip thing

Since u guyz touched on the microchip, I am curious what the microchip for? If I get my cat implanted with the microchip, does that mean he can be traced by a satellite should he get lost?

N how much is the implantation fee?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Maneki Neko's Avatar
Maneki Neko Maneki Neko is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Posts: 844
Rep Power: 14
Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldot View Post
May I chip in on the microchip thing

Since u guyz touched on the microchip, I am curious what the microchip for? If I get my cat implanted with the microchip, does that mean he can be traced by a satellite should he get lost?

N how much is the implantation fee?
Hi, Aldot --

I don't have complete info on the microchips, but this much I do know:

A microchip is not a tracking device so will not help you locate your cat should he wander off. The chip is implanted between the cat's shoulder blades and can only be read by certain equipment which is, I believe, usually found in vet clinics. Here is where things get tricky...

As I understand it, there are currently multiple standards for microchips, both within Malaysia and abroad. This means that one vet may have a reader that does not read the type of chip implanted in your cat.

Second, once the vet reads the information from the chip, he needs to match it against a central database, and I'm not sure who is maintaining that. Petfinder keeps one database, but any database is only as good as the information that people put into it, and the Petfinder members who have entered their pet's microchip records there must hope that whoever finds their lost pet will a) think to look for an implanted microchip and b) come to Petfinder to locate the pet's owner. Needless to say, council dog-catchers are not concerned with such things, and I don't know whether shelters like PAWS or SPCA can or do check for the chips.

I believe the cost of buying & implanting a microchip is about RM25-RM50.

I would be very happy if other PF forum members would step up to correct me or add further detail!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:23 PM
aldot aldot is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
aldot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

Thanks Maneki.

Now I understand. I seriously thought the microchip was something like GPS
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Meffy Meffy is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 168
Rep Power: 11
Meffy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

I've read on the net that some cat owners also sedate their cats during a long trip to avoid stress. Their cats will sleep the entire 9-12 hour journey.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Felix The Cat's Avatar
Felix The Cat Felix The Cat is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 17
Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meffy View Post
I've read on the net that some cat owners also sedate their cats during a long trip to avoid stress. Their cats will sleep the entire 9-12 hour journey.
Not advisable.
As it might have side effect on your cat.
__________________

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Emilyrudy Emilyrudy is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
Emilyrudy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadyazgal View Post
hafina, kuarantin tu mksdnya diorg akn kurung cat u d station quarantine diorg utk pemantauan whether kucing tu ada pnyakit berjangkit especilly rabies dlm tempoh kuarntin tu. n u surely blh dtg mlawat kucing u dlm tmpoh tu. my cat will be released this tuesday sbb permohonan kuarantin 21 days sy dluluskan. klu xmemohon, mmg akan kuarantin 1 bulan la..

i xsure klu sarawak pny kuarantin brp Lama, but u better call jphaiwan sarawak and tanya btul2 dlu if u really wish to bring ur cat with u.. klu betul 6 months, u better bwk masuk kucing u melalui kota kinabalu, n after 1 month quarantine, u blh bwk blik kucing u via land or air. n yg pnting xda quarantine lg for ur cat coz sabah n srwk are a free rabies states.

masa ni la u kena beratkan sikit kepala utk fkir what is d best for ur cats.. klu ada apa2 lg yg u xclear, tnya ja bah.. :)

oo ya, mmg kesian n tak smpai hati sgt tinggalkan kucing i kat quarantine station tu but i go visit her everyday except weekends cuz station tu tutup..
Berapa kos/bayran yg dikenakan sepjg kucing dikuarantin?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-16-2013, 10:35 AM
mekmj169 mekmj169 is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 0
mekmj169 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: mcm mne nak bawa pets bpindah?pls help me!! need advice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilyrudy View Post
Berapa kos/bayran yg dikenakan sepjg kucing dikuarantin?
emily.. minta email.. i forward details.. :)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nak bawa kucing travel syidajaafar Cats & Kittens 26 08-15-2020 06:14 AM
Seriously Need an URGENT advice nizar Training & Behavioral Issues 7 10-27-2010 05:16 PM
Any one can advice me...... IZZA Rabbits 11 10-15-2009 01:25 PM
Please advice stsm Rabbits 3 09-10-2009 04:37 PM
Advice please, anyone? azraf General Discussion 1 01-15-2009 10:28 AM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.