Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 02-22-2010, 10:49 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road
Default MPS (Selayang) - Pound Dog Cruelty

MPS - Majlis Perbandaran Selayang
Jalan Industri 3/5
Taman Pelangi, Rawang
(near APC factory, next to Canpac factory)

MDDB Notice Board : http://malaysiandogsdeservebetter.blogspot.com/

MAYHEM IN SELAYANG

If the Klang pound was bad, the Selayang Municipal Council pound is mayhem at its worst. These pictures were taken by an animal activist who has been trying to bring change to the Selayang pound for years. The pictures were taken today morning (21-02-2001). According to her there were many dead dogs lying around and some had been packed in black garbage bags and placed at the entrance of the pound. There were a lot of blood on the floor and according to the caretaker the dogs have not been given food and water at all because ‘they did not have containers.’ He said the Department of Veterinary Services people have not been to the pound for about a month. The dogs are dropping dead of starvation and dehydration. The place is a nightmare and even some of the councilors have voiced their concern to us. So, people we have to go back to doing what we did for the Klang Pound which had brought about some change. Please forward this to as many people as possible and write to the people whose e-mails we have included in this post. Please also sms the local councilors to tell them that we will not tolerate such cruelty. According to the activist erica chum - she has been highlighting the deplorable state of the pound for the last three years but no one had taken the initiative to do anything about it. She says she has seen many horrific things during her almost weekly visits to the pound - such a dog with one eye popping out once. She also alleges that dead puppies were simply washed into the drains. According to Erica, the vet who's supposed to go the the pound does not do so anymore because of the new location at Rawang. So, she says the dogs are left to die of starvation. These are serious allegations. However, we are sure that people , who had not bothered to do anything so far, will all rush to the pound soon. Whatever, it is - let justice be done for the voiceless.

YANG DIPERTUA
MAJLIS PERBANDARAN SELAYANG
Datuk ZAINAL ABIDIN BIN AZIM
selayangmesra@mps.gov.my

Dr. Razif Zainol Abidin
Pengarah Kesihatan & Pelesenan
razif@mps.gov.my
Tel : 03-61370757 Faks : 03-61388300

YAD. Dato' Paduka Raja Dato' Hj. Wan Mahmood b. Pa' Wan Teh
No. Tel. Bimbit: 019-3337099

Tn. Abd Rahim b. Abd Wahab
No. Tel. Bimbit: 012-6767002

Tn. Lim Ching How
No. Tel. Bimbit: 012-2325011

Tn. Hj. Mohamad b. Abdul Rahman
No. Tel. Bimbit: 013-6347237.

Tn. A Rahim b. Ahmad Kasdi
No. Tel. Bimbit: 019-3864986

Tn. Murugan @ Murugeshu a/l Arumugam
No. Tel. Bimbit: 019-6935569

Tn. Hasbullah b. Mohd Ridzwan
No. Tel. Bimbit: 012-2917011

YBhg. Dato' Hj. Mazlan b. Hassan
No. Tel. Bimbit: 013-3990545

Puan Sian Eng Keng
No. Tel. Bimbit: 012-2881387

Tn. N. Gopalan Krishnan a/l Rajoo
No. Tel. Bimbit: 016-3715923

Tn. Zulkifli b. Hamzah
No. Tel. Bimbit: 012-3718064

Pn. Khatifah Zamani bt. Sulong
No. Tel. Bimbit: 019-2342889

Tn. Dr. Ramli b. Jusoh
No. Tel. Bimbit: 019-6623822

Pn. Maznah bt. Abd Aziz
No. Tel. Bimbit: 019-3529660

Tn. Samsudin b. A.Rahman

Tn. Md. Sabri b. Md. Taib
No. Tel. Bimbit: 019-2300231

Tn. Zulnizam b. Shahrani
No. Tel. Bimbit : 013-3973930

Tn. Chee Chu Sang
No. Tel. Bimbit: 012-3096671

Tn. Tan Hui Chuan
No. Tel. Bimbit : 012-3586988

YM Tengku Zulpuri Shah B. Raja Puji
No. Tel. Bimbit: 019-3296564

Tn. Gunarajah a/l R.George
No. Tel. Bimbit: 012-3925995

Tn. Roslin b. Mohd. Rosli
No. Tel. Bimbit: 012-3072605

Tn. Lee Khai Loon

Selayang MP YB William Leong
wileong97@gmail.com

khalid@selangor.gov.my
teresakok@selangor.gov.my
hasanali@selangor.gov.my
yaakob@selangor.gov.my
roziahismail@selangor.gov.my
drxavier@selangor.gov.my
drhalimah@selangor.gov.my
iskandar@selangor.gov.my
ronnieliu@selangor.gov.my
elizabethwong@selangor.gov.my
eanyong@selangor.gov.my
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00508.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	8920   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00509.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	8921   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00510.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	8922  

Last edited by melmel; 02-24-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:58 AM
PetFinder Guru

Default Re: MPS (Selayang) - Pound Dog Cruelty

MyAnimalCare Notice Board :

The dogs at the Selayang Pound need urgent help
Our volunteer, Mandy, paid a visit to the Selayang Pound today to assess the condition and see how we can help the dogs.

The place was found to be infested with ticks. According to the caretaker, there is no provision for food. They have no food containers at all, so he had been using paint pails to fill water for the dogs. On his own initiative, the caretaker collects food scraps to feed the dogs whenever he can. The food is just strewn on the floor. He feels very sorry for the dogs too.

There were a few dead dogs at the pound as well.

We donated 12 food basins, and MDDB donated water pails, bleach and two packs of dogfood. At least the dogs had food and water today.

We will check on the food supply in a few days and replenish it. The caretaker will inform Mandy once the food is nearly finished.

There are about 30 dogs at the pound as of today.

What the dogs need would be:

1. Food supply - if you can donate food, please send it to the pound. The food containers are already there now.

2. Medical treatment - some of the dogs are sick and may need treatment.

3. If you have the capacity to rescue these dogs and rehome them, that would be the best.

It is so very sad that these poor dogs are subject to such a miserable life at the pound where the basic necessity such as food and water are not even available.

The Selayang Dog Pound is located at:
Jalan Industri 3/5,
Taman Pelangi,
Rawang.
(near Country Homes)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mini-IMG_1775.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	8923   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1777.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	8924   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1780.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	8925   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1784.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	8926   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1785.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	8927  

Name:	mini-IMG_1789.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	8928   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1790.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	8929   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1797.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	8930   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1798.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	8931  

Last edited by melmel; 02-23-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:55 PM
PetFinder Guru

Meanwhile, these dogs need food.

They need medical treatment too.

They need homes.

Please help them, in whatever ways you can.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mini-IMG_1822_1.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	8935   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1823_1.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	8936   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1826.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	8937  
Old 02-23-2010, 01:00 PM
PetFinder Guru

Below are the ones who have died of either starvation or/and disease.
There were three yesterday.

Another dead dog was burnt on this spot yesterday morning.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mini-IMG_1849.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	8938   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1851.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	8939   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1854.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	8940   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1856.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	8941  
Old 02-23-2010, 01:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

MDDB Notice Board :

The SELAYANG SCANDAL

MDDB met Selayang councillor Gunaraj George today and handed food, bowls, pails, brooms and bleech to be brought to the Selayang pound. The bowls were sponsored by Animalcare whilst the rest came from MDDB. He was met by Animalcare and MDDB volunteer Mandy at the pound and both were horrified with what they saw.

Apparently, the pound had been spruced up after the expose but yet it was really shocking. There was a big pail of water in one of the cells and big chunks of plain white rice was thrown in one or two cells as well. This must have been a part of the spurce-up. According to Gunaraj, he was shocked to note the the dogs were only fed plain white rice. The place was infested with ticks and according to Mandy some of the dogs must have died of tick fever. It has also been brought to our attention that the dogs were systematically being starved to death and there may be truth in this.
Gunaraj says the dogs in the Selayang pound appeared to be very weak. He and several other councillors have promised to work together with MDDB and other NGOs to put a stop to this cruelty. One of the persons responsible for this cruelty is an MPS employee named Ernie - contact number: 0136064446. She is the officer in charge of the pound. According to a very reliable sources she prevents even owners from going in to see their dogs. This woman apparently has a deep hatred for dogs that she enjoys inflicting pain on them. Call her and make it clear to this cruel civil servant, whose salary comes from our tax ringgit, that we will not tolerate her conduct.
Continue to SMS the councillors and the others as the MPS would be having ist full board meeting tomorrow morning
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sel1.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	8942   Click image for larger version

Name:	sel4.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	8943   Click image for larger version

Name:	sel5.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	8944   Click image for larger version

Name:	sel 7.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	8945   Click image for larger version

Name:	sel 8.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	8946  

Last edited by melmel; 02-23-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:54 PM
PetFinder Guru

Stop Dog Cruelty in MPS Pound
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1819sad.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	8947   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1827.JPG
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	8948   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1823.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	8949   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1845.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	8950   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1847.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	8951  

Name:	IMG_1849.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	8952  
Old 02-25-2010, 11:04 AM
PetFinder Guru

MDDB Notice Board :

THE MAN IN CHARGE - HEART OF STONE
Dr. Razif Zainol Abidin
razif@mps.gov.my

There are some very serious questions that need to be answered. According to a friend who has been going to the pound for the last three years, these three dogs were alive when she went to the Selayang Municipal Council Pound on Sunday. However, they were all dead and bundled-up when she went the follwoing day. There are now allegations that these dogs - which were sick - were drowned. It didn't cross our minds that this could have happened until several people wrote to us asking why the dead dogs in the pix were wet? It breaks our hearts to see the pictures of these dead dogs - look at the big brown guy with the collar - he looks like someone's much loved pet. As it is Ernie - 013-6064446 admitted that she seized dogs without issuing compounds and owners were fined RM1,000 to reclaim their dogs. There have also been many complaints that she does not allow anyone into the pound - this is reflective even up to today when members of the public were told that they can't go in and feed the dogs. Local council pounds must be accessible to the public - that's how its supposed to be. We are also concerned about a black patch where a dog had been purportedly cremated - why was this carcass cremated when the rest were wrapped in garbage bags - was this dog really dead when it was set on fire? These are the questions which need answers. Anyway, according to rumours the SPCA was told that it was barred from yesterday's meeting because it had gone to the pound to take pictures in the wee hours of the morning. The MPS people didn't tell them this but an individual did. Many of the dogs had also been killed on Tuesday and six more were brought in on Wed - wonder how many of them were seized without the owners being compunnded? More to come.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mini-IMG_1854.JPG
Views:	127
ID:	8954   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_1851.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	8955   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1849.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	8956   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_gallery.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	8957  

Last edited by melmel; 02-25-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 AM
PetFinder Guru

23 puppies rescued from Selayang Dog Pound

Today, we brought cooked chicken to feed the dogs at the Selayang Dog Pound. Earlier on, our volunteer, Ainey, had said she would like to foster one of the puppies whose photo we had highlighted earlier, so I said I'd ask permission from the pound to take the puppy out. Hopefully, the pound would let the public adopt the dogs. After all, aren't we helping them if we take the puppies out?

Since I was going to take one puppy out, I thought MDDB might be able to rehome some of the puppies as well, so I asked Wani if she would like me to take some of the puppies too. Every puppy we can remove from the pound is a precious life saved. Wani said ok, so we headed to the Selayang Pound with two cages in my car. I did not know how many puppies there would be at the pound, but let's hope two cages would be enough (I was wrong!).

At the pound, we saw the CAT team having a meeting. I parked outside and walked in to ask the pound people if we could feed the dogs. I told one of them we had brought cooked chicken for them. The one who attended to me said the dogs had already been fed and there was no need to feed them anymore. I asked if we could see the dogs, and he said no because there was a meeting going on. Finally, I was asked to just leave the food there and they would feed the dogs later.

By then, another officer had come, and he asked me why I was there. I said I had come to feed the dogs, and also, to help them out by taking the puppies. So, may I please take the puppies? He asked me, "How do you know there are puppies here?" I said, "Usually pounds have puppies, so if you have any, may I take them, please? I'll help you get them rehomed." He said no, because they were having a meeting. So, if I wanted, I would have to come back on another day to do it. I said I come from Subang and it's very far, so why don't he just let me take the puppies today? And he said no.

So that was that. I don't like to break rules. So I thought I'd try on another day.

I went out and drove my car nearer to the gate to unload the food. Just then, one of the CAT members came out and stopped my car. She asked me if I could please take all the puppies out. I said that was precisely why I was there, so can she please speak to the pound people and let me take the puppies out? She said she would arrange it.

Long story, I know. But the truth has to be told, and that is the truth.

So, I got to see the puppies and some of the dogs at the pound. I was told that many of the adult dogs had been euthanised yesterday. This is really sad because many of them could have been rescued, treated and saved. So many precious lives lost....it's very, very sad. If I counted correctedly, there were less than ten adult dogs. You'll see them in the photos below.

However, in the first enclosure there were 23 puppies. Some looked very sick. I was told that I could take all the 23 puppies. I'll let the photos speak for themselves now...

There are 23 puppies in here. We took all of them out.

Another adult. They are being fed curried rice.

Three more adults. I don't think they like the curried rice? But I suppose beggars can't be choosers?

Two more adults. If I am not mistaken, I think there were less than 10 adults left.

From the Selayang Pound, with 23 puppies in tow, we headed back to Subang. The sick puppies were sent to our panel vet for treatment and boarding.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mini-IMG_0203.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	8958   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0204.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	8959   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0212.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	8960   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0213.JPG
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	8961   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0224.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	8962  

Name:	mini-IMG_0231.JPG
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	8963  
Old 02-25-2010, 11:45 AM
PetFinder Guru

From Selayang Pound, we took nine of the sick-looking puppies to our panel vet, Healing Rooms, for diagnosis and treatment.

One of the sick puppies had LOTS of ticks.
As I sat outside Healing Rooms, waiting for the vets to finish two surgeries, I must have plucked out no less than 300 ticks from this one puppy. No, I'm not exaggerating. You have to see it to believe it. Ainey and I spent about two hours or more, just plucking out the ticks. And that's just one puppy!

After deworming, Frontlining the ticks! Dr Vijay said I needn't have plucked them out. Frontline would take care of everything. Yes, I know...but we were waiting and we had nothing to do. And it's hard not to pluck them out when you see them right before your eyes! Temperature taken. Miss Husky had a temperature above 40 degrees. She was given Doxycyclin.

So, for the record, eight are boarding at our vet's now. One is being fostered by Ainey. While the puppies do not look as though they have any life-threatening disease today, we can never be sure. It is possible that some of them have already been infected with Parvo and distemper but have not shown any clinical signs.

Dr Vijay's protocol is to treat the clinical signs, so we have to wait and see. It would help very much if all of us can send positive healing thoughts to these puppies to help them along. And pray...that there is nothing seriously wrong with them.

Two have fever, and five have diarrhoea. They are being treated with medication already.

We have offered to share out the cost of today's medical examination for these puppies, but MDDB's Wani says they want to cover since they will eventually be taking over these puppies for rehoming.
We will sponsor puppy food for the remaining puppies, and tomorrow, I'll go see if any of them need treatment. We can help out with that.

If you'd like to help out, we definitely need fosterers for these puppies. There are 13 more whom we have not brought to the vet's since they looked "ok" and it was too much to ask of our vets to check all 23 of them this evening!

The puppies would definitely be better off in homes rather than placed together since some may be sick. They also need tender loving care.

If you can help with the fostering of these puppies (there are at least ten who are very young, like the one Ainey is fostering now), please contact Wani at 019-3576477 or contact me at 012-6935870.

All of these little ones need fostering. We'll get them checked by the vet tomorrow, and if healthy, please help, if you can foster.

All the puppies are up for adoption as well. If you'd like to have a puppy, please do consider adopting one of these rescued puppies. If you have the space for a local breed, they are generally much stronger and easier to look after, compared to purebreds. And you will be really saving a life. All adoptions are free.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mini-IMG_0233.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	8964   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0255.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	8965   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0269.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	8966   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0272.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	8967   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0273.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	8968  

Name:	mini-IMG_0277.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	8969   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0298.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	8970   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0299.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	8971   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0316.JPG
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	8972   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0353.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	8973  

Old 02-28-2010, 10:02 AM
PetFinder Guru

MDDB Notice Board :

IN THE MALAY MAIL

Animal rights abused at council's dog shelter, says NGO

PETALING JAYA: If hell exists on earth, then it must be the Selayang dog pound. A non-governmental organisation called Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better (MDDB) has slammed the mistreatment of canines at the pound run by the Selayang Municipal Council.

An MDDB spokesperson alleged that the dogs were not taken care of properly and some had even starved to death.

"They don't feed the dogs with proper food. In one or two of the cells, they are given only chunks of white rice thrown into the cage," she said.

"They also provide water in big old pails and puppies can't reachthe top to drink."

The horror is not limited to the pound as it is alleged that the staff goes around catching strays, going as far as entering the toilet of a coffee shop to seize a dog owned by the shopkeeper.

"That staff said that under the local authority by-laws, they can either compound the owner or seize the dog. They chose to seize the dog on-the-spot instead," said the spokesperson.

She said the reason the staff gave for taking away the dog was because the owner could not afford the compound fee of RM1,000.

"Instead of compounding owners, they seize their pets and throw them into the pound," she said, adding that some of the dog have died of tick fever as the pound is infested with the parasite.

Meanwhile, the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) Selangor is upset with the council for repeatedly rejecting their offer to care and provide for the animals at the pound.

MDDB is calling on the Federal government to adopt Indonesia's and Singapore's methods in handling stray dogs.

"Although Malaysia is getting closer to being a developed country, our management of strays is actually taking a step backwards," said SPCA honorary chairperson Cristine Chin.

"In Indonesia, stray dogs are sterilised and then put back on the streets. This is working well so we should adopt the same techniques too."

Selayang Municipal councillor Gunarajah R. George said the council should not be blamed.

"Some of the strays were ill before they were caught and put in the pound. That is why some of the dogs died."

SPCA slams Selayang council

The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) Selangor honorary chairperson Christine Chin has lambasted the Selayang Municipal Council for rejecting the association's help to care and provide for the animals in the council's dog pound.

"The council has a heartless and arrogant attitude. We want to providefood and disinfectant for the dogs in their pound but time and time again, we have been rejected. We are not even allowed to see the pound," she said, adding that they have been repeatedly rebuffed over the years.

"Their pound should follow simple procedures like de-lousing the cages and disinfecting the dogs from ticks daily. No dog should have to die of tick fever while in the pound and if they do die, it shows how ignorant the pound is in taking care of the animals."

She said SPCA will continue to offer help to improve the dogs' welfare. "Our officers can educate the pound workers on how to disinfect the dogs."

Dog pound solutions

PETALING JAYA: Solutions have been proposed to solve the issue of housing stray animals. Following a meeting between the Selayang Municipal Council(MPS) and concerned non-governmental organisations, MPS councillor, Gunarajah R. George, said the parties concerned have agreed on the method of rounding up strays in the future.

"Workers from the pound are not allowed to seize the stray dog immediately. Instead, they will have to issue a notice to the owners first."

Gunarajah added that the staff of the pound are not allowedto enter the owner's premises without permission to seize an animal.

"If the owner is found not tohave obtained a license, a compoundwould be issued and the owner would be advised to get a licence for their pet."

During the duration of the dogs' stay in the pound, Gunarajah said that the staff must give ample attention to
the animals.

"Food, water and the cleanliness of the cage will have to be looked into."

Gunarajah believes that the reason why the pound was not in tip top condition was deu to the long festive holidays.

"Maybe during the holidays, the caretakers themselves were on holiday and did not pay attention to the welfare of the dogs.

"We are still investigating the matter. I urge the owners whose dogs are in the pound, to quickly obtain their licences and retrieve their canine companions."
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dog2_0.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	8977  
Old 02-28-2010, 10:07 AM
PetFinder Guru

MDDB Notice Board :

Councillor Turns Rescuer
Puppies rescued by Gunaraj and his family

Selayang Municipal councillor Gunaraj George and his family turned rescuers yesterday when they rescued five puppies from the notorious Selayang pound. They took the puppies home and they are currently being fostered by Gunaraj's family. Gunaraj is not new to MDDB given that he adopted two dogs from us last year. One is Ginger and the other is the famous Rottie who has since been renamed Dexter by Gunaraj's family. http://malaysiandogsdeservebetter.bl...er-rottie.html

Having seen for himself the atrocities at the pound, Gunaraj is currently facilitating the setting-up of a advisory council made-up of animal rescue groups and independent rescuers. We have been informed besides MDDB other independent rescue groups that will be invited to sit on the council includes AnimalCare and Sherrina Krishnan's Independent Pet Rescuers Malaysia. Most interestingly, the council will also include many independent rescuers who do not belong to any rescue group. All of us got together last weekend and are working towards preparing a work paper on our suggestions. We had also discussed the need to create an umbrella body for all independent rescuers and rescue groups and have initiated the necessary paper work. We have plans to move into all the 12 local councils in Selangor. Wish us luck! Those who want to join the umbrella body or sit on the council can write to malaysiandogsdeservebetter@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	27022010468.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	8978  
Old 02-28-2010, 10:43 AM
PetFinder Guru

M'sia Today / SPCA Notice Board:

Two dogs lie dead in the MPS Pound on Wednesday morning

25 FEBRUARY 2010, SELAYANG – Visits by the Society For The Prevention of Cruelty To Animals (SPCA Selangor) and animal rescuers to the Majlis Perbandaran Selayang (MPS) dog pound in Rawang in the last few days have revealed that the pound is grossly mismanaged, and that almost a dozen dogs have died in the pound since Sunday.

On Sunday, an animal rescuer visited the pound and reported that it appeared the dogs were not being fed or watered. She brought back 5 emaciated puppies, one of which was dying already. The SPCA vets had to euthanise the puppies due to their severe condition, and sent them for a post-mortem at the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) on Monday morning.

SPCA’s help declined

SPCA contacted MPS Director of Health and Licensing Dr. Razif Zainol Abidin on Monday morning, offering a supply of dog food and assistance with improving conditions at the pound. However, Dr Razif declined the offers, saying that the MPS had food and did not need help with the pound.

Later on Monday, the SPCA Selangor Inspectors and vet went to the pound, but were denied access to the pound. The caretaker refused to let them in, as he did not want to get into any trouble with the management. However, after some coaxing he allowed them to go in briefly to look around – but warned them not to take any photos. There were approximately 20 dogs and puppies in the kennels, only half of which appeared to be in reasonable health. The kennels and dogs were heavily infested with ticks. Volunteers from animal rescue groups Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better and AnimalCare had brought food and water containers, and bags of dog food earlier and had fed and watered the dogs.

“Though the floor had been washed down, there was no evidence that the kennels were disinfected regularly to prevent the spread of prevailing diseases in the pound like distemper, parvovirus, and tick-fever,” says SPCA Selangor Veterinarian Dr Karen Koh. There were four dogs in one kennel that looked very ill and emaciated. “Since providing medical care for the dogs is beyond the means of the council, they must ensure that dogs that are severely injured or ill are euthanized by a vet promptly, and not left suffering in these enclosures for days,” says SPCA Selangor Animal Inspector Cunera Kimlon.

A second visit was made early Wednesday morning. The gate to the pound was open, and the SPCA team began inspecting the kennels again and taking photographs. The sickly dogs that were seen two days earlier were no longer around. All the puppies had been placed together in one kennel, while the neighbouring kennels housed 2-3 adult dogs each. Food and water placed by animal rescuers was still there. Two dogs were found dead, a brown mix-breed dog and a black Spitz-mix wearing a red collar.

“We were invited to a meeting with Majlis Perbandaran Selayang, to discuss how to immediately improve this miserable situation the pound dogs are facing, but this invitation was immediately revoked upon them learning of our pound visit on Wednesday morning,” says SPCA Selangor Chairman Christine Chin. “However, we are still keen on teaching them how to manage their pound better in the short-term and long-term – if they are willing to accept our help. Municipals should be encouraging animal loving constituents to help at the pound, not chasing them out,” she continues.

Council in the spotlight again

In 2007, MPS incurred the wrath of dog-lovers all over the world when they decided to initiate a financially rewarding dog-catching competition inviting the public to participate in what looked like ‘fun-filled festivity’ to reduce the stray population. The competition was quickly scrapped after protests from animal welfare NGOs and the public. Animal welfare NGOs have always highlighted that reducing the stray population requires a long-term strategy - low-cost spay/neuter programs, public awareness campaigns, proper licensing and effective legislation discouraging abandonment of pets or allowing them to stray in their neighbourhood.

SPCA pressures for prosecution

SPCA Selangor has over the years lobbied the Department of Veterinary Services (DVS) to regulate and monitor dog-catching activities and the management of council pounds. Last year, the DVS issued the ‘Guidelines for Humane Stray Management for Local Councils’ to all Malaysian municipal councils, but few improvements have been made by the councils – with even basic needs such as food, water and a clean environment often not provided for the dogs.

“SPCA Selangor is pressing for a closure of all pounds that are not managed humanely, and strongly condemns those that reject help from animal welfare groups. This withholding of food, water, and medical attention causing unnecessary pain, suffering and death to the impounded dogs is tantamount to cruelty to animals. MPS officials in charge of the pound management must be charged for cruelty to animals under Section 43 of The Animal Act 1953(revised 2006). The DVS must take strong action against these perpetrators as this offense is so widespread – municipal councils feel the law will never catch them as they have been getting away with it for years,” Chin urges.

‘We are shocked and disappointed with the conditions at the Selayang pound, and we are sending out a strong message that SPCA Selangor and fellow Malaysians find the inhumane treatment of these dogs completely unacceptable,” she continues.

For more information, please contact SPCA Selangor’s Public Relations Manager Jacinta Johnson at 012-2881421 or jacinta.spca@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	25Feb10_selayang1.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	8988   Click image for larger version

Name:	25Feb10_selayang2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	8989  

Last edited by melmel; 03-01-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:40 PM
PetFinder Guru

MDDB Notice Board :

THE MAN IN CHARGE - HEART OF STONE
Dr. Razif Zainol Abidin - 012-2252240
razif@mps.gov.my

The people in charge of the Selayang Municipal Council pound are cheap low down criminals. They have killed all the sick and mangy dogs and gone out to get new dogs to create a picture that the dogs in the pound are healthy and well. The targets are people's pets - even after so called self-proclaimed big shots had had meetings with the council representatives - the crap still happened. Six puppies have since been rescued in spite of the council people saying that they would not catch puppies. Apparently Ernie - 013-6064446 has been up to her tricks again and had instructed that all collars and chains be removed from new victims. This tan and black dog came in with a chain around its neck .

What we learnt was that it was snappy and this prevented them from removing the chain. The poor dog was infested with ticks as big as peanuts and we have rescued it and sent it tp the veterinary clinic to be deticked. Its so traumatised that we still cannot remove the chain. These people will not change if not pressured- Please continue writing and sending SMS to the relevant people highlighting Ernie 013-6064446's dirty tricks. Or better still call Ernie's boss Dr. Razif Zainol Abidin at 012-2252240. He has the authority to stop this. He is also the person who turned down SPCA's offer of food and slammed the phone on them. What is this reflective off? - THAT HE DOESN'T GIVE A TICK'S POSTERIOR IF THE DOGS DID NOT HAVE ANY FOOD AND WATER! Call Dr. Razif Zainol Abidin at 012-2252240 now and bring change to the hell hole known as the Selayang Municipal Council dog pound.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	15697_345084892188_621887188_4730728_4182844_n.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	8986   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00515.JPG
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	8987  
Old 03-02-2010, 01:03 PM
PetFinder Guru

Star :

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.as...88&sec=central

Dogs in misery

THE Selayang Municipal Council (MPS) is facing the heat over its dog pound.

News of the terrible condition of the pound and the dogs housed there has spread and many animal lovers are aghast.

The pound is definitely not fit to house the animals.

Fenced up: The Selayang dog pound.

Caretakers have been neglecting their duties and have left the animals to suffer.

Since Monday, volunteers from various non-governmental organisations have visited the pound to do what they can for the dogs.

They brought items like food, bowls and brooms.

A spokesman from canine welfare project Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better (MDDB) said some of the dogs had already starved to death.

“They don’t feed the dogs properly or the right food. At some cells, plain rice is simply thrown in.

“The drinking water is kept in big old pails but the puppies are too small to reach the top and drink,” she added.

The spokesman also added that MPS staff had even gone to the extent of catching a dog in the toilet of a shop owned by the storekeeper.

"The staff said that according to the local authority’s by-laws, they can either compound the owner or seize the dog. They chose to seize the dog on the spot.

“When asked the reason for taking the dog away, the staff said that it ws because the owner could not afford to pay the fine of RM1,000.”

The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) Selangor honorary chairman Christine Chin said the council had refused help extended by them.

The council has a heartless and arrogant attitude. We want to provide food and disinfectant for the dogs in their pound but we have been rejected many times. We are not even allowed to see the pound.”
“The pound should be deloused and the cages disinfected daily. No dog should die of tick fever while in the pound and if they do die, it shows how ignorant the staff at the pound are in taking care of the animals.”

At a meeting between MPS and concerned non-governmental organisations, MPS councillor Gunarajah R. George said the method of rounding up strays in the future had been agreed upon.

“Workers from the pound are not allowed to seize dogs immediately. Instead, they have to issue a notice to the owner first.”

The staff were also not allowed to enter the owner’s premises without permission to seize an animal, said Gunarajah.

“If the animal has no licence, a compound would be issued and the owner advised to obtain the licence.”

“Food, water and the cleanliness of the cage will also be looked into,” he said.

MDDB and the SPCA urged the authorities to adopt the stray catching methods from Singapore and Indonesia where the animals are vaccinated and spayed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	m_02pound.jpg
Views:	152
ID:	8990  

Last edited by melmel; 03-02-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

NST :

Cruel treatment unacceptable
http://streets.nst.com.my/Monday/Sto...231137/Article

2010/02/28
By Nuradzimmah Daim

SELAYANG: The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty of Animals (SPCA Selangor) is claiming that about a dozen dogs died last week because of gross mismanagement at the Selayang Municipal Council (MPS) dog pound in Rawang.

The shocking revelation was published on the society's website and emailed to the media.

SPCA Selangor's public relations manager, Jacinta Johnson, said an animal rescuer had visited the pound in Taman Rawang Integrated on Feb 21, and reported that the dogs appeared not to have been given water.

"She brought back five emaciated puppies, one of which was dying. The SPCA veterinarians had to euthanise the puppies because of their severe condition. The bodies were sent for a post-mortem at the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) the next day," she said.

Johnson said the SPCA then contacted the MPS director of health and licensing, Dr Razif Zainol Abidin, on Feb 22 with offers of dog food and help to improve conditions at the pound.

"However, Dr Razif declined the offers, saying that the MPS had food and did not need help with the pound."

She said SPCA inspectors and veterinarian also visited the pound but were denied entry.

"The caretaker refused to let them in as he did not want to get into any trouble with the management. After some coaxing, he allowed them in for a brief look around but warned them not to take any photos.

SPCA Selangor veterinarian Dr Karen Koh, who was one of the visitors, said they observed that the floor had been washed but there was no evidence that the kennels were regularly disinfected to prevent the spread of diseases such as distemper, parvovirus, and tick-fever.

They also saw four dogs in one kennel which looked ill and emaciated.

SPCA Selangor animal inspector Cunera Kimlon said since medical care for the dogs was beyond the means of the council, it should euthanise the severely injured and sick dogs instead of leaving them to suffer for days.

Johnson said there were approximately 20 dogs and puppies in the kennels and only half appeared to be in reasonable health.

She said the kennels and dogs were infested with ticks

"Volunteers from animal rescue groups Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better and AnimalCare had brought containers for food and water as well as bags of dog food earlier, and fed and watered the dogs."

Johnson said the SPCA team made a second visit last Wednesday morning and inspected the kennels and took photographs. The sickly dogs spotted two days ago were no longer around.

They found all the puppies placed together in one kennel, while the adults were housed two or three to a kennel. Food and water placed by animal rescuers were still there. Two dogs were found dead -- a brown mix-breed dog and a black Spitz-mix in a red collar.

SPCA Selangor chairman Christine Chin claimed that the society was invited for a meeting with MPS to discuss ways to improve the pound's conditions but the invitation was revoked after their visits to the pound.

Chin said SPCA Selangor was pressing for the closure of pounds that do not have proper and humane management, and condemned the ones that reject aid from animal welfare groups.

"This withholding of food, water, and medical attention causing unnecessary pain, suffering and death is tantamount to cruelty to animals. MPS officials managing the pound must be charged for cruelty to animals under Section 43 of The Animal Act 1953 (revised 2006).
"The Department of Veterinary Services must take strong action against the perpetrators as the offence is widespread.

"We are shocked at the conditions at the Selayang pound, and we are sending out a strong message that SPCA Selangor and Malaysians find the inhumane treatment of those dogs completely unacceptable," said Chin.

This is not the first time MPS has come under fire. In 2007, the council was criticised for organising a dog-catching competition, which was later cancelled.

Over the years, SPCA Selangor had also lobbied the department on its dog-catching activities and management of council pounds.

Chin said although the Department of Veterinary Services had issued the "Guidelines for Humane Stray Management for Local Councils" to all municipal councils last year, few improvements had been made.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:18 PM
PetFinder Guru

The Malaysian Bar

Putik Lada: Do your pets have rights?
Contributed by Lai Chee Hoe
Friday, 24 October 2008 08:21am
©The Star (Used by permission)

Although the Penal Code punishes those who commit offences against animals, it lacks basic understanding, and fails to comprehend the basic philosophical position that animals should not be regarded as property but as legal persons and members of the community.

IF YOU can recall, not too long ago, Majlis Perbandaran Selayang organised a dog-catching competition that attracted strong criticism from the public for being inhumane.

Public furore also erupted when the magistrate let off Sheena’s master with a token fine of RM100 even though he had pleaded guilty to slowly starving his German shepherd. Eventually, the canine had to be put to sleep immediately after it was found it could not be saved.

Cruelty towards animals is not a new phenomenon and it has been happening quite rampantly. Animal cruelty encompasses a wide range of cruel conduct, which include leaving behind pets unattended during long holidays, chaining puppies in unshaded compounds, scalding kittens with boiling water, killing rare animals for their exotic taste, skinning tiny animals for their fur and sport by deriving entertainment by maiming animals.

This may stem from the fact that historically, animals have been treated as “legal things” and not “legal persons”. They do not have rights of their own and their existence is solely for the purposes of legal persons.

As the Roman jurist, Hermogenianus, wrote, “Hominum causa omne jus consitium”, which essentially means all laws were established for men’s sake.

Animals continued to be seen as inferior over the years and in repeating the phrase above, P.A. Fitzegeral’s 1996 treatise Salmond on Jurisprudence declared that “the law is made for men and allows no fellowship or bonds of obligation between them and the lower animals.”

Such a view continued to dominate over mankind over the centuries until the late 18th and early 19th centuries, when humanitarian re- formers started to campaign and protest against the cruel treatment of animals.

In 1800, William Wilberforce supported a bill to abolish bull baiting. In 1809 Baron Erskine introduced a Bill to prohibit cruelty to all domestic animals.

Around 1824, a few Members of Parliament decided to form a society to prosecute those who committed cruelty acts against animals.

A meeting was held in Old Slaughter’s Coffee House which led to the formation of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. In 1840, the Society was granted a royal charter by Queen Victoria and became a Royal Society.

In 1972, Peter Singer, a utilitarian, in his book Animal Liberation argued that the main criterion why animals should be accorded similar consideration as humans was because an animal was sentient and could therefore suffer pain.

With the increasing awareness of treatment of animals, Europe has documented methods of protection of animals kept for farming, slaughter, pets and international transport.

However, under Malaysian law, animals are still treated as property. This can be seen in our Penal Code, in particular Section 428 and 429 that are categorised under the heading of ‘Offences Against Property’.

The Penal Code provides that an offence is committed if “a person commits mischief by killing, poisoning, maiming, or rendering useless any animal of the value of five Ringgit or upwards”, which attracts a maximum punishment of imprisonment of two years, or fine, or both.

An offence is also committed if such cruelty is committed upon an elephant, camel, horse, mule, buffalo, bull, cow or ox (whatever their value may be) or any other animal which is worth more than RM25. The penalty involved is imprisonment up to a maximum term of five years, or fine, or both.

Although the Penal Code seeks to keep tabs with the development of animals rights by punishing those who commit an offence against animals, it, in my opinion, lacks the basic understanding, and further fails to comprehend that the basic philosophical position is that animals should not be regarded as property but as legal persons and members of the community.

The other piece of law that deals with treatment of animals in Malay- sia is the Animals Act 1953 that was revised in 2006, out of which one part is dedicated entirely for the prevention of cruelty to animals.

The relevant provision, Section 44 of the Animals Act, essentially stipulates that an offence is committed when a person beats, kicks, ill-treats, overrides, overdrives, overloads, tortures, infuriates or terrifies any animal, and such person will be liable to a fine of two hundred Ringgit or to imprisonment for a term of six months or to both.

Are such laws adequate? The penalty is clearly disproportionate to the offences committed. Further, how do they fare in terms of enforcement? Surely, a fine of RM200 will not deter a person from committing cruelty against animals.

In this regard, cruelty against animals will not end.

The only way to move forward is to educate people on how to well-treat animals, introduce heavier penalties against persons who mistreat animals and to put in place a strict enforcement of the laws.

By the same token, members of the public are encouraged to report to the police or the Department of Veterinary Services if they came across any incidents of abuse against animals.

The government should also extend its helping hand to provide a more conducive environment for animals to co-exist with human beings and accord them with sufficient rights and respect because, as in the words of Mahatma Gandhi “the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

Let us, therefore, pray for a better future for the pets we are living with and for all animals in general.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LaiCheeHoe.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	8991  
Old 03-03-2010, 01:16 PM
PetFinder Guru

I went to check on the Selayang puppies today, and found that one was lying very still and when I checked his gums, it was almost white. I rushed him quickly to the vet's. One look at the eyes and gums, and the vet said to me, "Your puppy is going to drop dead any moment." It was extremely critical. The vet took some blood from his ears and ran a test.

He's still very chubby, but he is anaemic. It could be tick fever or just congenital anaemia, or something else which we have not figured out yet. He needed a blood tranfusion....fast. That was the only way to save his life. Without blood, he would die within moments. With the blood tranfusion, he might still die due to rejection, but there is a chance he might live.

The vet asked me, "Are you willing to go all the way?" I said an absolute YES. What do I need to do, I asked. Get a blood collection bag, and we'll proceed with blood tranfusion, he said. So, off I rushed to another clinic to get a blood collection bag. It was peak-hour jam at that time. Sigh.... While I rushed off, the vet put the drip on the little puppy. However, the drip would not save his life. He needs blood.

When I got the bag back, we quickly proceeded with drawing blood from the clinic's blood donor, McCoy. Poor McCoy had just donated blood but since this puppy is so small, he only needed a bit of blood and McCoy could donate again. The blood transfusion in progress. At one point during the blood transfusion, the puppy sort of "collapsed" and I thought he was gone. But no, he just slipped down.

Phew! It gave me a near heart-attack. The vet said if the blood transfusion is successful, he should perk up without half an hour. So, we waited...He did perk up a little, and even sat up. His gums looked pink again, and his eyes were not white anymore.

Thank you, McCoy! You just saved a little puppy's life. But he went back to sleep again. Rest well, little one. I'm calling you Ebony. I dont even know if you're male or female, but you're a strong little fellow, and you are going to fight on, Ebony.

And look who is on top of Ebony's cage.....
It's naughty little Leo, back to the clinic for monitoring. He has been very choosy over food, and is still having diarrhoea. Ebony's near-death experience was truly an.........experience.

I asked the vet, after the blood transfusion, if there were any good signs, and the vet said, "Every moment that he is still alive, is already a great success." That was how critical it was. Ebony is boarding at the clinic tonight. He needs all the positive healing energy you can give. Tomorrow, the vets will diagnose the cause of his anaemia and proceed with treatment.

This is the plight of stray puppies. How many would die out there due to diseases and lack of medical attention? Spay-Neuter, please. Help control the stray population and reduce this kind of suffering in the young and innocent.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mini-IMG_0545.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	9006   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0547.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	9007   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0553.JPG
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	9008   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-IMG_0554.JPG
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	9009   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini Leo.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	9010  

Old 03-04-2010, 11:27 AM
[dun wake my devil side]

angelicdevil is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to angelicdevil

cant u sumhow try to contact Karam Singh Walia from tv3??
he'll probably will put up dis issue in his new tv program "Aduan Rakyat".
yeah i know they did it in 360 program before but dat was ONLY on DBKL's pound only.. and Mayor already answered..
but dis 1 is bout Kerajaan Slangor's 1..
who's been saying they better here n there but how come dis issue no action taken even after 3years of complaint???
plus in Aduan Rakyat, they chase da personS-in-charge on da dot.
pls try do so..

im not a fan of dogs but cruelty to any kind of animals r just UNEXCEPTABLE
Old 03-06-2010, 03:00 PM
PetFinder Guru

MDDB Notice Board :

MPS MUST BE CRAZY

Our friends Evelyn and Jo went to the Selayang Municipal council pound this morning with cooked food, kibbles and canned food for the dogs. They stood for almost an hour outside the locked gate with no one coming to talk to them even though there were nine people inside the pound. However, several MPS people arrived at the scene and started taking pictures of the girls and keeping an eye on them. This can be perceived as intimidation. Evelyn and Jo did not give-up and stood there until some pound workers came out to take the food form them. They were not allowed in. When Evelyn asked what happens if dog owners came to take their dogs out, she was told that they would have to go to the office (open only during weekdays) to get a letter to come into the pound and once they have found their dog, they would have to travel miles again back to the office to pay the compound before taking their dog back home. Why is MPS making it difficult for owners and rescuers to take dogs out? Does it give them perverted satisfaction to see these poor animals dead rather than helping them to live?

Made to wait for over an hour in the hot sun :
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00522.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	9024   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00524.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	9025   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00526.JPG
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	9026  

Last edited by melmel; 03-06-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:22 PM
PetFinder Guru

MDDB Notice Board :

DOGMEAT

Veterinary Services Department (DVS) deputy director general, Datuk Dr Ahmad Suhaimi Omar, suggests that stray dogs held at pounds be sold for human consumption as a method of stray management.

There has been many rumblings for some time now that the dogs were indeed being sold at the pounds. But we have no proof. But anyone worth his or her salt would know that no dog meat restaurant owner, who is in his right frame of mind, would dare serve his customers stray dogs with questionable health issues.

Is this why pet dogs and pedigrees are targeted - so that there is assurance that they have 'healthy' meat to serve their customers? This is a point to ponder - has Ahmad Suhaimi let the cat out of the bag and not merely made a suggestion as everyone is made to believe?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4p...-raw-5_animals

China is mulling at passing legislation to counter this and Ahmad Suhaimi Omar wants dog eating to be a norm here. Does he want our Malaysian community to regress? Does he want to promote what we see in the link here in Malaysia?

Shame on you Ahmad Suhaimi Omar, shame on you!

The Veterinary Services Department comes under the Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry,

Y.B. DATO' HAJI NOH BIN OMAR
MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE AND AGRO-BASED INDUSTRY
noh@moa.gov.my

Y.B. SENATOR DATO' SRI SHAHRIZAT ABDUL JALIL
MINISTER OF WOMEN, FAMILY AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
shahrizat@kpwkm.gov.my

Deputy Minister in charge of public complaints at the Prime Minister's Department
Datuk T. Murugiah
murugiah@pmo.gov.my

PUBLIC COMPLAINTS BUREAU - PRIME MINISTER'S DEPARTMENT MALAYSIA - You can make online complaints
http://www.pcb.gov.my/
http://apps1.pcb.gov.my/eApps/bpaiad....do?aplCode=en
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	headerdogplate.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	9081