Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Pet Memorial

Pet Memorial Share with us the grief on the loss of your pet, and may it be dearly and lovingly remembered forever.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:09 PM
PetFinder Buddy

pandorabox78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a tribute to my best pal of 14 years

a tribute to the one and only dog i'll ever have................. and never will there be a replacement....

my only closest pal, rover passed away on my lap in the kitchen floor on the night of the 1st of january, 2009 after battling cancer for 6 months.....now after close to 3 months.... memories still remains fresh in the chain, bowl and tag at the back of the house.....and the quarter bottle of dino coal tar shampoo left in the store room downstairs

DEAR ROVER,

YOU BROUGHT NOTHING BUT JOY, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND STRENGTH.......... AND I THANK GOD FOR ALLOWING ME TO BE THERE WITH YOU THE TIME YOU GAVE UP YOUR LAST BREATH IN MY ARMS........AS PEACEFUL AS THE QUIET OF NIGHT.........GOD REST YOUR PEACEFUL SOUL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	3909  
Old 03-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: a tribute to my best pal of 14 years

Pandorabox,

I truly understand the deep loss and sadness you feel.. I have experienced the same 3 years back when my dog of 15 years succumbed to old age and sickness. He's been my most loyal buddy every single night without fail since he was the size of my palm, and the joy he brought to me will forever remain imprinted within my memories. The biggest consolation is that I believe he has led a pretty happy and fun life, and I have done my very best to make him feel loved.

I am sure you have done the same, if not better, for Rover. May Rover rest in peace, and may you forever cherish the happy moments together.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:34 PM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

I believe Rover felt restful when drawing his last few breaths in your arms.
Yes, God rest his peaceful soul.
Do hope Rover (I believe Rover hopes too) will not be the only dog you will ever have.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:59 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

I agree with Cookie ...
Though now may not be the time, but I am sure in the future, your heart will open to other well-deserving doggie too ...

{{hugs}}

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 03-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :(
Old 03-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Doc,I'm sorry for the loss. At least you know that he is in better place now. No more suffering.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:14 PM
PetFinder Buddy

dear june,

with every passing year he became almost human.... old man's tantrums, having his own way like a small child......little things that he did.... that made me wonder that if only he could speak......

picking him up from his depression...... after i lost my dad last year was the most trying 2 months and then suddenly to diagnose him with cancer......sigh

indeed a blessing because i'd never be able to put him to sleep... i cried the whole of that night on that kitchen floor...... woke up the next morning with his cold body on my lap.... and i put him in the backseat for his last car-ride to the clinic in ampang............

i don't know whether you remember my groomer, elaine.... she helped me call the cremator to send rover for cremation........to see rover in that black bag at the back of the clinic broke her heart....she used to shower my doggie when he came to the clinic....

a client of mine actually captured pictures of him when he was at the clinic and was sad to have found out that rover had left this world.....
Old 03-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

pandorabox,

reading this, my heart goes out to u. i know how it feels to lose a beloved pet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorabox78 View Post
dear june,

with every passing year he became almost human.... old man's tantrums, having his own way like a small child......little things that he did.... that made me wonder that if only he could speak......

picking him up from his depression...... after i lost my dad last year was the most trying 2 months and then suddenly to diagnose him with cancer......sigh

indeed a blessing because i'd never be able to put him to sleep... i cried the whole of that night on that kitchen floor...... woke up the next morning with his cold body on my lap.... and i put him in the backseat for his last car-ride to the clinic in ampang............

i don't know whether you remember my groomer, elaine.... she helped me call the cremator to send rover for cremation........to see rover in that black bag at the back of the clinic broke her heart....she used to shower my doggie when he came to the clinic....

a client of mine actually captured pictures of him when he was at the clinic and was sad to have found out that rover had left this world.....
Old 03-19-2009, 11:27 PM
PetFinder Buddy

thanks blackie......

to have lost 2 souls in such a short time was a big blow emotionally.... something that i'd hate 2008 for....

my dad and his lovable dog...... may god grant them eternal rest.....
Old 03-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

one should never have to go through what you went through, to lose one's dad & pet in the same year.....(i just re-read your post)

in the face of what you're going through, it seems trite to say I'm so sorry for your loss. no words will describe your loss, but if u believe in heaven, then one day u will reunite with your beloved dad & Rover.

And meanwhile, Rover is keeping your dad company. take care & be strong. Your dad & Rover would not want to see you so unhappy.

Quote:
thanks blackie......

to have lost 2 souls in such a short time was a big blow emotionally.... something that i'd hate 2008 for....

my dad and his lovable dog...... may god grant them eternal rest.....
Old 03-19-2009, 11:53 PM
PetFinder Buddy

there never goes by a time i don't think of both of them......

the house is quiet.... the walkway to the kitchen is empty.....no sounds of whines and cries to go outside....
Old 03-20-2009, 12:21 AM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

Time heals. Open your heart to animals in need...and the house will never be quiet any more...the walkway to the kitchen will never be empty.
Do take consolation that dad and Rover is keeping each other company.

Last edited by cookie; 03-20-2009 at 08:16 AM. Reason: continuing
Old 03-20-2009, 12:34 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

pandorabox78,
Great to see you have a valueable thread at petfinder for sharing the story.

Quote:
a tribute to the one and only dog i'll ever have................. and never will there be a replacement....

my only closest pal, rover passed away on my lap in the kitchen floor on the night of the 1st of january, 2009 after battling cancer for 6 months.....now after close to 3 months.... memories still remains fresh in the chain, bowl and tag at the back of the house.....and the quarter bottle of dino coal tar shampoo left in the store room downstairs

DEAR ROVER,

YOU BROUGHT NOTHING BUT JOY, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND STRENGTH.......... AND I THANK GOD FOR ALLOWING ME TO BE THERE WITH YOU THE TIME YOU GAVE UP YOUR LAST BREATH IN MY ARMS........AS PEACEFUL AS THE QUIET OF NIGHT.........GOD REST YOUR PEACEFUL SOUL

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
there never goes by a time i don't think of both of them......

the house is quiet.... the walkway to the kitchen is empty.....no sounds of whines and cries to go outside....
Doc, we understand what you are going through, share your sadness ... take time to grief ... cry out all the pain over the loss ... you need to ... I did that too ... everytime one of my cats went away (even the strays because I bonded with and loved each and every one of them) ... you will miss them with an aching heart for a long, long time, friend ...

Cherish the precious time you had with them, God gave them to us only for a while ... but we will all meet up again in Heaven.

I am sorry for your double loss ... it is hard enough without the "pesky problem" you and your clinic faced recently.

Chin up and take care, Doc, keep up your good work!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 03-20-2009, 09:03 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

all dogs and dads go to heaven doctor j
Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Ooooff! I also sympathise -- I lost my mother and 13 year-old Chow in the same year, 2000, and it felt like someone had kicked all the air out of me.

I've found nothing to fill the gap my mother left; that pain just gets more numb as time goes by. And while I've never "replaced" my Chow (how could any dog take the place of one who believed herself to be the reincarnation of Queen Victoria, waddling around and acting stuffy?), I have had the pleasure of other animals' company. Each one brings a different set of joys and quirks. Please don't say Rover will be your only dog. You obviously have so much to give to a needy dog, and you know the dog will give you even more in return. In the meantime, I wish you as much peace as can be had...
Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 PM
PetFinder Buddy

thank you for the outpouring of comforting and thoughtful words.....much appreciated.....

indeed the man up there in the sky has welcome both of them into the warmth of his embrace.....

Last edited by pandorabox78; 03-20-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Dear Doc,

I weep when I read this post. I can imagine how you feel right now. I have been through that too except that both cat and dad survived. Be strong and I hope you will find another dog to keep you company.

P/S Yes, I remember Elaine the gentle lady.

Quote:
dear june,

Old 03-23-2009, 12:32 AM
PetFinder Buddy

dear june,

seorang client aku ada bawa seekor basset hound, nama bessy....ke klinik...she's a very cute gurl and of good temperament..... dier kata dia ngan mak dier rescue bessy... tak ingat lak dari mana.....

biler dier tengok i handle the basset hound ngan aku sayang sayang nyer... terus dier tanyer aku nak tak bessy buat peliharaan because they believe bessy would get the best at home with me...........

i refused them........... i guess it's just too soon........ aku tak sampai hati......
Old 03-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

" ... i refused them........... i guess it's just too soon........ aku tak sampai hati .... "

Ala, Doc ... napa tak sampai hati? mcm nak kahwin lak ... ... take lah the dog, Doc, nanti cannot find adoption, the pretty gal kena put to sleep by anti-strays people lak!

Kahwin tu lain, Doc ... dan adopting an animal to take away its death sentence and to give it life lainnnnn ... I am sure Elaine akan restui ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies