Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:02 PM
PetFinder Guru

adrianng87 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Irresponsible & Unconsiderate Adopter

I am experiencing and facing an irresponsible adopter of my two cats, Lobak & Kacang, saying that she can't meet the their discipline of expectations, which is told by me that, they are actually toilet trained, not on going up the toilet bowl to do their stuff, but, it is just plain going to the toilet and find whichever spot on ground they are comfortable in toilet to pee & poo, as I say, in the toilet area.

So here's the long time story that I have to tell for public understanding.
The reason of me giving them out for adoption is that my parent would not allow them to destroy house furniture any further, and to top that up, my parent actually decided to go for a major renovation at home. And so, sadly, I planned to give them out, but only for adoption. I can't see them out straying on streets.

Lobak & Kacang were given to Muhammad from Kepong on late April 2010. Before he came to collect Lobak & Kacang at my home, I briefed him everything about Lobak & Kacang, and told, they are toilet-trained. Muhammad was happy to hear that he don't have to spend much time to train them for the hardest part of teaching animals. Few days later, he mentioned that Lobak & Kacang are too shy to come out venture and eat. I told him that it is natural for them as they are too shy to suit to strangers, but as time goes by, the cats already accepted their new owner and just 'manja' with Muhammad and her wife like what cats always do. There are no problem of them saying the cats pee & poo around the house, or even the cats will pee & poo in the toilet, they did not complain that they have to clean mess, I mean, who would complain when you are serious in taking care of the cats? Muhammad had to give back the cats since his wife is about to give birth soon. It was around August 2010, Muhammad had to give them back. Then, Lobak & Kacang's account for adoption is opened again.

Then came this second adopter, named sasha (as in PF acc.) is interested of having Lobak & Kacang. At the same time, there are a few callers asked about the cats, but, among them, I was convinced by Sasha, so I reserved the cats until she is free to welcome the cats home. It was about 3-4 days until the actual day of taking the cats to her home, but during the 3-4 days, I had to believe that Sasha is the one, and not to let go to other owners even others kept calling. Then, calls after calls she still did not answer my call. Until the day that she had promised to welcome the cats home, she did not answer my sms-es and voice calls. But I did not give up but to call her again to reconsider her and finalize my decisions of whether to let go of the cats to her is right, and then finally that last call, she answered.

During the conversation, I told Sasha that how normally the cats reacts in new home, their habits, their diet, and also their way of pee & poo. When she was told that the cats are toilet-trained, she replied happily and said, even though they are not well trained, I can train them because I have years of experience with cats. It is how convincing anyone would trust her saying that she is not a person that lacks of responsibility and quick in giving up pets. So, I decided very firmly to give Lobak & Kacang under her care. For the first day under her care, she told me that the cats are too shy and hiding. That's what I told her, they are trying to defend themselves from a new environment, why not give them some time, and replied will do.

The second day, she send a sms saying that she is not pleased with them pee & poo around the house, saying that my brief to her was not true that they are toilet-trained. Then I told her, why not give them some time, they are still new to their new home, and gave her some tips to guide the cats to pee & poo in the toilet, and after that, a replied sayin will do.

The third day, she complained everything about them unsatisfying that their habits of pee weren't true from what I told, and I replied more tips for taking care of the cats, and she replied in sms more like a dissatisfying mood.

The fourth day, which is today at approx 5.30pm, she sent a sms saying "dude, that's it. they are so not toilet trained. they just f*ing pooped in my mum's sink! i'm seriously not happy."

I reply to her, "they are really trained, unless there is something that they don't like in the current toilet. How can they jump on d sink?"

Sasha says "if u don't believe me, i'll keep the poop for u to see. what do u mean how did they jump on d sink? as in cats don't jump? btw, when u said they are toilet trained to pee & poop anywhere around the toilet n house! call me irresponsible or anything but they seriously need to go!"

And so I replied calmly as her mood is so swing-ed, "its not that I don't believe u, but i had them long enuf that i knw they wouldn't go up on sink to pee or poo. the day before u took the cats u even said if they ever hv prob with toilet pee or poo, u told me that u will train them cos u hav a long time of experiences."

I added "seriously saying, its not that i didn't tell u detail, but if theres no the sand thing like the litter box, hw can they pee or poo at the same spot? if they did their thing in toilet then it's already what they are trained to. not even dogs can train to shit at the same spot every time.

With disrespect she replied "dude, ur words are cnfusing. come n see it for urself. ill keep it right where it is for u. maybe u can clean it up too. maybe thats y the previous owner gave it away. it takes alot of work for a pregnant lady to do all the cleaning everywhere around da house. right now, i seriously don't care what ur thoughts on me are. i hv to get this house clean before my parents get back tonite."

Seeing that Sasha is not so polite. Then I replied "they did not complain anythg about them shitting around and even they hv to clean their poo, its only in the toilet. u don't expect the cats to clean their own poo in the toilet rite? i visit them and the did not complain anythg bout their discipline. and when i had them for 3 days at my house before i send to u, not even a single pee or poois left by them in the living room. i am very sure that u are not capable of taking care of the cats seeing this msgs, thkg them can think like human does is absolutely ridiculous. how can u expect to take care of cats that u dont hv to pick up their poo? even litter box u hv to do it too."

Then she replied "i don't hv anything else to say. they need to go by tongiht. tq."

So here, I am asking everyone, anyone sees Sasha asking for pet adoption, I strongly not recommend her that she is a serious cat lover. Even if she tells its wrong of infos here, you may ask my proof-friend that helps me through out the process of posting and asking people around to find Lobak & Kacang a new home.

In addition to that, anyone who is really interested in adopting Lobak & Kacang, that has got what it takes to take care of them. Please feel free to visit their profiles in PF or contact me, I would be gladly to help them for the third time finding a new home.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:43 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Irresponsible & Unconsiderate Adopter

Seriously, somebody, please put up PLEO ( Pensonic robot dino to replace pet..errkk?)..maybe Sasha would be interested. But then, wait adrian..maybe one day she'll text you that PLEO doesn't move.. at all..

You see.. this is the type of people who doesn't understand cats and their characters. In short, they expect cats to behave as trained.. come on.. even a child will sneak out eventually.. Something must has changed in the 2nd home.. I bet the litter tray is not as clean or there's other cats in the house and they do not agree in sharing litter box. One of my cat pooped at the sink once, and that it of the reason that she is a clean type who doesn't like dirty litter tray.So, she pooped in the cleanest, near similar to her litter tray..The big litter tray named 'sink!'..hehehe

Good luck in rehoming ya.. better choose wiser next time. nway, Lobak and Kacang is DSH or DLH?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:58 PM
PetFinder Buddy

hhplover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurkasih View Post
Seriously, somebody, please put up PLEO ( Pensonic robot dino to replace pet..errkk?)..maybe Sasha would be interested. But then, wait adrian..maybe one day she'll text you that PLEO doesn't move.. at all..

nway, Lobak and Kacang is DSH or DLH?
Cute... PLEO.. plssss....
Seriously, Lobak n Kacang are among the most beautiful DSH i've ever seen.. http://www.petfinder.my/pets/11203/

Good luck Adrian in rehoming them... again... My pray goes to them...
Old 09-03-2010, 01:31 AM
PetFinder Guru

shahcats is on a distinguished road

yup both of them really2 cute..even they r cuter in real life..
da only i can say..
adopting adult cat..is not super easy job..
we must mentally and physically prepare about this..and what i learn from here..put adoption fees!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:47 AM
PetFinder Guru

maris_sa528 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahcats View Post
yup both of them really2 cute..even they r cuter in real life..
da only i can say..
adopting adult cat..is not super easy job..
we must mentally and physically prepare about this..and what i learn from here..put adoption fees!!!
I adopt adult cats previously. To be honest, I never see this as a problem. Yes, sometimes they unexpectedly misbehave but, we should understand they are trying their best to adapt new environment. Later (maybe more than 3 days), they will start to learn and behave well back as usual.

Like Nur Kasih said, if she can't stand this little issue, she can just buy a toy pet. Bela la neopet ke, cyberpet ke, Tamagochi ke. Hoho.

Last edited by maris_sa528; 09-03-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:56 AM
PetFinder Guru

thanks nurkasih and hhplover for your wishes. really appreaciate it.

btw, just got back and brought Lobak back but not Kacang. was told by sasha that Kacang is hiding mysteriously and unable to get her to put in cage. nvm, i believe that, cos i hv experience dealing with them and that's their instinct to run away when they can hear sounds of cage carrying.

the story continues like this, she lives with her parents and her dad is part of the army and lives near the armies' place at wangsa maju. this is not the part i wana express. when i was there waiting at guard hse, she wasn't actualy at home, and told me earlier that, she is on her way already to my hse to give them back, and so will take 15mins to reach. i did not even tell her anything that i am back home ready to wait for her delivery of the cats. so back then, i was working late, and when i got her msgs, i couldnt stop thinking how rude she is of returning the cats saying "u can clean the poo urself with the intention of saying she will keep it saying that i dont trust her". so then, i stopped my work halfway from my office and went back home quickly to prepare myself to collect them.

later that when i just finish my shower, i looked at her msg sayin she couldnt get the cats into carrier, that was like more than after that promised 15mins. then i couldnt stand the fact that she actualy lied to make me rush my halfway work off my office and complained she lied. then, got her replies saying i am manipulating and having a big mouth exposing her actions here at PF. but what my perspective is, she is manipulating the whole scenario for me. she is returning the cats to me and yet acts impolite.

everything i have wrote here, i wouldnt / no intention for me to make a personal attack on here if she is reacting the right way. i am dealing this back to PF, cos she requested to adopt them here, and here i will warn other ppl of not getting involved in cases like this, this is such wasting time and money to travel back and forth for the sake, like just looking at ones' true identity of people have said they like cats and the truth is they are very lacked to do the caring. this is very sad.

when i was at the guard hse waiting, sasha even told the her house guards to have me and my car blacklisted to not have any privilege in future to enter her place. come on, how worst can that be? like i said earlier, she is hvg problem gettin Kacang out and doesnt even want me, the original owner to get her out from Kacang's hiding. my friend who has helped me during the whole process of re-homing them was there also with my brother. We, 3 of us waited for half an hour, and sasha's car drove from outside of the guard hse and not from the house compound. this, i dont dare to claim anything, but it is obvious that from her sms i got from her sayin she is trying hard to get the cats out, that's another second lie that she said she's at home caging the cats.

later that after almost an hour, she called, complained everything to my friend shah, but not me, frankly speaking, is that even professional? i mean, the cats are mine, and shouldnt you call me instead? even there's alot of argument in btween, i believe i know the cats better than anyone else does. and i dont tend to cover my behaviour when i was waiting sasha, i actualy stood beside my friend shah saying "how unprofessional", and she heard that. In a few seconds time, she called my cell instead, and argued, i told her that she is acting like a child, and replied that im a crazy man. so i stood "i will tell everyone in PF also that no one will trust their cats in your hands." then she replied again, "im gona reveal everything about your cats that hv problem with pee & poo and saying its not what i told was true." and last words from her is, "f*ck u adrian!"

for the second adopter's case is different, i did not have any thoughts of saying what they are trying to give back was totally wrong, cos as advice by doctors would be best to kept them away during pregnancy. surprisingly, sasha chose to bring out that problem during her argument with me and say that is the main problem that everyone is letting go when they have to pickup poos and wash the pees away. i mean, come on, who doesn't have to do the chores even your cat is priced at rm10k? to maintain it, it won't do on it's own right.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:11 AM
PetFinder Guru

im helping lot of people for adopting cat..but this 1 the crazies situation i ever had..only for 3 days she already gave up..n ask my fren to take out da cat.. i tried to calm her down and keep those cats..but she said no i have to clear my house before my parent come in..
this really disappointing me..i rejected few adopter because i thrust her..
Old 09-03-2010, 03:17 AM
~feline attaché

Well..couldn't get the cats into the carriage? my owh my... The cats must be scared like hell. I think she was a little bit over reacted as maybe she read about few cases before and how people of pf got back to those of the wall of shame.

Actually my dear sasha. You are not that guilty or you did something terribly wrong. You are just lacking of experiences and knowledge on how to handle cats..what's more adult cats as if you are well read or even care to add up to your knowledge, tolerations among cats to different surroundings will vary accordingly. Poo and pee everywhere, diarrhea, not wanting to eat will go away by 3 days or so. Your job to observe your new cat,learn their behiours,temperament and routine. You should help them adjusting by encourging them to behave and settle with the new environment. Sadly, your hands have no natural animal touch or whatsoever, lacking of wanting to learn and accept, and bottom line is, you are no cat lover or a cat person. Wanting what people have or following people's hobbies are wrong. Hobby is something you do with your heart not by looking at others.

Once again, you are not guilty- you could just be polite, admit and return the cats with clear hearts and minds. We here would understand because all of us here deal with cats poo and pee everyday-understand catting is not for everybody. No fault done just that you are one example of fosterers nightmare...

Dun worry be happy...we'll wait for kacang's return yeah.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:30 AM
Animal Lover

sasha is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Irresponsible & Unconsiderate Owner!!

First of all, i already explained to Adrian on the phone regarding me not answering his calls & he replied with "it's ok". So why are u making such a big fuss out of it..?

My condition:
1- My parents are living in China.
2- I handle my own business which requires me to care for my stall due to shortage of workers.
3- I also teach at a private International Education center.
4- I have to attend to both my sister (who is staying inside campus) & brother's need (who just had his knee operation recently & attends daily physiotherapy).
5- We only have one car for the time being.

My schedule is very hectic & am always running around getting things done. When Adrian called me, i was at my stall. It was very noisy & i didn't hear the phone ring but when i checked my phone & saw a missed call, i texted him, explained to him my condition & told him i would call him back when i reached home. I didn't call him as promised as i reached home past midnight & thought he would probably be asleep already. I opened PetFinder profile & saw that he already post a new add on the cats looking for new adopters, so i assumed he no longer wanted me to adopt his cats. This was on Saturday, 28th August 2010.

I finally answered his call on Sunday night around 10 if i'm not mistaken & he asked me whether i still wanted the cats & i replied 'Yes'. He asked me whether i want to come & get the cat then but i said 'No' as i just reached home from work & am very exhausted. So we arranged for the next day for him to come & send the cats. He said he didn't want to delay of sending them off to a new adopter any longer. He briefed me on the cats & talked a little about the previous owner as i asked him what happened. He told me that they had to let the cats back for adoption as the wife is pregnant & will be due anytime soon. He even called them IRRESPONSIBLE for giving the cats back. He said that he saw the wife was pregnant when they came to pick-up the cats & said something about seeing them as not being a serious adopter. His words were, "Why adopt the cats when u know the wife is already pregnant & will be due soon".

The cats arrived at my house the next day. During our meet up at my house. I asked him these questions:

1st Question:

They are toilet trained right?
He replied, 'Yes, just open the toilet door & they will find their way to the toilet.' So i opened all toilet doors around the house (6 in total).

2nd Question:

Is your house still under renovation?
Adrian replied, 'No, the renovation is done already'.

3rd Question:

Why don't u just keep them?
Adrian's reply was, 'They don't know me anymore'.
I replied the same thing & said it the same time as he did as i recalled him saying that on the phone to me during our first call conversation.

I have witnesses who was there during the conversation.
1- Two of my friends
2- My sister
3- Adrian's friend

Well, the cats started off peeing everywhere around the house eg: in the living room & under my bed regardless the fact that Adrian told me they will actually find their way to the toilets so i opened all the toilet doors (6 toilets in total) assuming it will make it easier for them. I woke up the next morning after their arrival to the smell of their piss at my living room. So i tracked down the smell & cleaned it. I texted Adrian. He told me ways on how to train the cats to use the toilet & be patient (I thought he told me they were already toilet trained) . Then, they started venturing around the house & peed under my bed that night. so i cleaned it up. No big deal right..?

I talked to someone regarding this matter & he suggested that i temporarily cage them up with a litter sand, food & water to train them to use the litter box. I told him i didn't have any cage as i never cage my previous cats & let them run freely around the house. I told this specific someone that i would go get a cage the next day. So that night i temporarily locked them up in my sister's room with the toilet door open, equipped with the litter box, food & water in the toilet. I heard the cat 'meowing' & it was morning already so i let the cats out. Then i went back to sleep.

I woke up to the smell of their piss as usual but there was a slightly stronger smell. I was preparing myself to clean their mess once again as my parents are coming back but was very disappointed when i found the poop in the sink! That's when i thought, that's it. I've had enough! Why claiming that they are toilet trained when they are actually trained to do their business anywhere around the house? That was when i started texting Adrian telling him the cats really had to go! He didn't believe me at first saying, 'How did the cat climbed the sink?', as in cats don't climb..? That's when i told him i would keep the poop for him to see or maybe clean it up for me since the way he said it, as if i was lying.

The first thing here on the unanswered calls is Mr. Adrian, i already explained to u why i didn't answer your call & u replied with 'its ok'. Plus, its not just your call i don't answer to. I also didn't answer calls from my parents & friends. I am always on the go & sometimes don't hear calls because its very noisy where i work.

As for his claims that i don't want to clean the cat's poop & pee is not true. Adrian told me they were toilet trained. However, that is not the case because the cats pee everywhere around the house. Not at the toilet but at the living room, under my bed & pooped in the sink. I don't mind if they do it anywhere in the toilet floor because i can just wash it out with water but anywhere else around the house is seriously not something i can deal with everyday.

The point here is, please be as honest & truthful as possible if u want to let your pets up for adoption. In this case, the add is very misleading. They are seriously not toilet trained! Otherwise they won't pee & poop everywhere around the house unless they assume that the entire house is their personal toilet. So i suggest anyone who wants to adopt them has no problem whatsoever dealing with them peeing & pooping everywhere around the house, not the toilet.

What is Adrian's right of calling me irresponsible & inconsiderate? He doesn't even know me. If he is so responsible & considerate, why give them away? His first reason is that his house is under renovation but i suppose that was months ago. He even said that the house is already done with renovation. His second reason is that the cats don't recognize him anymore. Well, question yourself. If you give them up for adoption, will they know the new adopter? I suppose they don't. His third reason which can be read in the second paragraph in the thread he posted on the Hall of Shame is that his parents would not allow the cats to destroy their house furniture. So which is the right reason for him to give them away? Who's the irresponsible & inconsiderate one now? Why call other people irresponsible & inconsiderate when u are the irresponsible & inconsiderate owner yourself..? You don't want to keep the cats yourself do u? What makes u think it's ok for the cats to destroy other people's furniture?

By the way, Adrian also told me that the previous adopter is IRRESPONSIBLE for giving them back to him after three months of adopting. I guess that makes Adrian as the one & only most responsible cat owner in the world! I congratulate Adrian. He should get an award!!

As for the experiences, it's nothing of Adrian's concern. I've had cats & other pets all my life. I've even had 20 cats at the same time when i was living in Perak. All are strays of various ages which we fed & permanently became ours but none made a mess inside the house.

As for your claim that my car drove from outside of the guard house and not from the house compound is another thing i would like to comment on. Did u not see i came from the house compound? I made a U-turn at the entrance gate. So please don't say things that you are not sure of. If u don't believe me, then that's your problem. Not mine. Two of my friends was at the house helping me find the cats, drove out with me in their own car when i was going to inform the guards. I chose to deal with your friend Shah as he seemed more calm on the situation. I seriously can't talk to you because i was damn mad at you for the attitude u gave me. I understood, you were mad because i wanted to return your cats. Then i heard u calling me unprofessional so i hung up the phone & called u. You were calling me by 'Hey2' as if i don't have a name when i addressed you by your name Adrian. Yes, i was so mad at you & over reacted on the phone but so were you. & now you already have a different opinion on the previous adopter? I thought you said they were IRRESPONSIBLE too.

I'm stressing on the fact again, i seriously don't have any problems cleaning cat's mess but i do have a problem when its everywhere around the house. How long do i have to wait to give them back? Until they eventually pee & poop on the sofa, or on our beds perhaps?

I have nothing to say to all the comments & feedback from other members of PetFinder as i don't know any of you & none of u even know me, so what u have to say doesn't really bother me. Its so very typical of people to interfere & comment when they know nothing. I refuse to interact with any ignorant shallow-minded people who have nothing better to do. I was told by someone not to reply to this thread as he said he knows the outcome will be pretty ugly. Well, trust me, i know!! because i have been following the forums too. I'm posting this as my one & only say on the situation so that people get a view on the situation from both sides. I don't care if none of them are on mine. I am a happy person who leads a very happy life & is surrounded with a very loving family & friends, so nothing else in this world matters to me. This is me. If you don't like it, TOUGH!!

Kacang is somewhere around the house. He escaped when i went out to inform the guards. When i came back, he was no longer inside the carrier. It was my fault. Maybe i forgot to lock the carrier door as i was in a hurry when they told me they were already at the guard house. I looked around the house with the help of my brother but she was nowhere to be found (yes, my house is big. 8 rooms & 6 toilets), so i told them that i would give Lobak first & would return Kacang to Adrian's place myself as i have his home address.

Here, i would openly thank and apologize to those affected. Yes, i was mad, emotional & over-reacted but so was Adrian, so we're on the same page. The only difference was that i cursed.

To PetFinder ADMIN, please delete my account or ban me or anything you wish to do with it as i no longer wish to be in a negative environment.

I rest my case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC16924.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	9977   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC16925.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	9978  

Last edited by Administrator; 09-03-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Combining two threads
Old 09-03-2010, 08:03 AM
was a cat before

azmyrax is on a distinguished road

owhhh lobak and kacang the handsome cats
Old 09-03-2010, 11:31 AM
PetFinder Guru

yes nurkasih, that's my point from the start to sasha. she doesnt feel guilty at all, and just requested me to fetch them back yesterday when she got fired up yesterday. she thinks im her driver or maid or something she thinks she is bored she will return it back. she doesnt even tell politely and calmly as to ensure that she is giving up guiltyly as she promised me that she will train them no matter what happens, and that did not happen. and judging from yesterdays' incident plus her conversation before this, i think it is all bullshit. sayin she has got 20years of experiences, that reaction of giving back the cats for just 3days doesnt look like one, i think its like 2 days of experience. making fool out of this adoption culture.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:24 PM
PetFinder Guru

hi azmyrax, lobak and kacang are females. pretty i suppose? hehehe...
Old 09-03-2010, 12:31 PM
~feline attaché

Default Re: Irresponsible & Unconsiderate Owner!!

[In Reply To Sasha's Post]

I see no point dear. you are blaming the cats. We here understand cats and handle cats everyday..not 1, not 2.. that's the ups and down of having a cat. As many has highlighted, stress can come in.. it's a new house... tho you open up 10 doors to your extravagant toilets..they will not know that is a toilet.. for them..a litter box with some sand..is toilet-trained ( hell i am laughing out loud.. as you clearly do not understand what is meant by toilet trained).. It is not like..'going to the toilet'. we here, get a container, put litter or newspaper in it and the cats will poo and pee in it when they smell it. Introducing new container/places will be a bit tough but not that bad anyway. There's misunderstanding. Judging from your very hectic schedule and many businesses to take care of, please do not have cats.. it's a no do.

This will be my last post for this issue. It's a total nothing..One is a fosterer wanting to rehome cats and end up meeting one nightmare.. An adopter with no experience staying in with indoor cats. Owh my~ And by the way, cats go by smell, and there's no smell to be recognized..they do not go by layout plan like we do Gosh..this is crazy!dang~

Last edited by Administrator; 09-03-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Combining two threads
Old 09-03-2010, 12:37 PM
PetFinder Guru

maris_sa528 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I see no point dear. you are blaming the cats. We here understand cats and handle cats everyday..not 1, not 2.. that's the ups and down of having a cat. As many has highlighted, stress can come in.. it's a new house... tho you open up 10 doors to your extravagant toilets..they will not know that is a toilet.. for them..a litter box with some sand..is toilet-trained ( hell i am laughing out loud.. as you clearly do not understand what is meant by toilet trained).. It is not like..'going to the toilet'. we here, get a container, put litter or newspaper in it and the cats will poo and pee in it when they smell it. Introducing new container will be a bit tough but not that bad anyway. There's misunderstanding. Judging from your very hectic schedule and many businesses to take care of, please do not have cats.. it's a no do.

This will be my last post for this issue. It's a total nothing..One is a fosterer wanting to rehome cats and end up meeting one nightmare.. An adopter with no experience staying in with indoor cats. Owh my~ And by the way, cats go by smell..they do not go by layout plan like we do Gosh..this is crazy!
*maris_sa528 like this
Old 09-03-2010, 12:49 PM
PetFinder Guru

Talking Re: Irresponsible & Unconsiderate Owner!!

Quote:
I see no point dear. you are blaming the cats. We here understand cats and handle cats everyday..not 1, not 2.. that's the ups and down of having a cat. As many has highlighted, stress can come in.. it's a new house... tho you open up 10 doors to your extravagant toilets..they will not know that is a toilet.. for them..a litter box with some sand..is toilet-trained ( hell i am laughing out loud.. as you clearly do not understand what is meant by toilet trained).. It is not like..'going to the toilet'. we here, get a container, put litter or newspaper in it and the cats will poo and pee in it when they smell it. Introducing new container/places will be a bit tough but not that bad anyway. There's misunderstanding. Judging from your very hectic schedule and many businesses to take care of, please do not have cats.. it's a no do.

This will be my last post for this issue. It's a total nothing..One is a fosterer wanting to rehome cats and end up meeting one nightmare.. An adopter with no experience staying in with indoor cats. Owh my~ And by the way, cats go by smell, and there's no smell to be recognized..they do not go by layout plan like we do Gosh..this is crazy!dang~
well said NK..
Old 09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road

In the business of re-homing cats, sometimes, no matter how careful u are in vetting a potential adopter, you will unavoidably meet people who, for some reason or other, decides to return your pet. (Wife giving birth/ just can't click with your pet/etc).

I know it's maddeningly frustrating. But look on the bright side - at least these people have enough decency to return your pet to you; in whose hands they know the pets will be safe in. So let's also focus on this bright side. At least they weren't dumped at the pasar, or sent to kill shelters where they'll be PTS within a few days.

Now let's put the focus on getting your other cat back. She must be feeling so lonely in a strange place. please try to be civil & not incur the wrath of the adopter, for your furbaby's sake.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

first of all sasha, its not that i am making a big fuss, but the only thing i am doin is, typing out as it is.

1. your condition doesnt allow you much to own a any cats, and you know that you cant even deal beforehand and same goes for the outcome.

2. the call that you said you are busy doing stall business. is this even part of the importance here of tellin that you are not capable of taking care of them?

3. i would call any people that treats adoption this way "irresponsible", but the outcome did not come out this way like you did. shah was there to collect back the cats from muhammad also, shah saw everything, the outcome wasnt like this, because we understand they are giving the best reason. and you are not.

4. to answer your "why not just keep them on my own", ive already made a decision to give away, and the most important is to find a good responsible owner that has got what it takes to take care of them, not just some pee & poo issue that will dump them. think again, if you were to do that when you were small, do your parents dump you away? this is a very sad thing i see in you and you just tensed up because they wont do like what i mentioned to you, you wont give time to the cats to be comfortable. how can you expect them to feel comfortable in 3days? i bet you must be shouting alot to them when you are cleaning the pee & poo. i cant say this is true, but it'll affect them to hide more. and by opening all toilet doors, its not a really good idea, they should hv focused in just 1 place to pee & poo, as you said, you are expecting them to shit at 1 spot all the time, do you tend to think that they will react how humans does when we see any toilet that we will just go in and do our stuff in just any toilets??? come on... you know they are "cats"!!! you are saying that you hv more than 20years of cat experiences yet you cant bear with their behavior of stress pee & poo around the house and you dont even know that. by taking care of 20 stray cats, i do not believe that each and everyone is being cared fairly cos i have experience looking at other ppl's 20 stray cats too. it is tottaly different case from this to own a home-d base cat.

5. witnessess or no witnessess, from what i hv written here in PF says everything clear and accurate about you giving up of adoption just like snappin' fingers. there is no making up stories.

6. fyi, lobak and kacang's parent (mami & kiddie) were adopted by me, they dont even know where to pee & poo. what me and my family did was to train them to do it in the toilet area. how can you expect them to sit on the toilet bowl? unless i stated, toilet bowl-trained. and i believe during the conversation on phone before that, i did tell that they will pee & poo in the toilet ground.

7. you typed "He didn't believe me at first saying, 'How did the cat climbed the sink?', as in cats don't climb..?" <<< the first intension of my question did not say "as in cats don't climb?" i understand how you feel is mad, but can you at least react more polite at the first place of not telling me to clean up the poo until i reach or leave it as it is, its like as though i never see them pee & poo else where before they were trained. and my experience with them, they would never pee & poo on the sink, and that's my initiative of asking a new thing that i dont even hear about them even from the previous adopter. and i actualy replied, unless there's something that they dont like in the toilet and they will find any other places to replace their routine of pee & poo. dont you agree viewers?

8. when you dont even answer your parent's or friend's call at the first place, it sure gives an impression that you are making a fool out of this adoption. if you are this busy, then i dont think you can handle cats. you are saying you hv 20years of exp, how can you even count your exp when you are still a child? you dont even do it yourself.

9. yes i do not know you well, but your reaction towards this adoption progress shows just enough for me to see how irresponsble and quick in giving up in you. you acted you cant accept the fact that you have to clean it no matter where is drops.

10. for the idea of giving some tips to you to guide them to pee & poo in a proper place, when i told you to try mop and clean the areas well with citrus added soap, so as to ensure they wont pee & poo at the place again, you even replied in facebook that "perhaps i should use acid to mop". <<< who doesnt feel scared after seeing "acid"?

11. lastly, the most important thing said by you is that beforehand during our conversation, you added, "even they are not toilet trained, i can still train them." so what happen to this liner?

i would say, i over reacted because i cant stand how you reacted to me was so impolite. when i say impolite, it is to me and the cats as well. i am doin this in PF cos i am doing professionally. i definitely would not want to see any other victims.

Last edited by adrianng87; 09-03-2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: to make it more orderly
Old 09-03-2010, 01:35 PM
PetFinder Guru

yes MidnightMaiden, i cant stand people like this so i have to really tell this.
yeah i will, i am still waiting for her to return kacang.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha View Post
... Kacang is somewhere around the house. He escaped when i went out to inform the guards. When i came back, he was no longer inside the carrier. It was my fault. Maybe i forgot to lock the carrier door as i was in a hurry when they told me they were already at the guard house. I looked around the house with the help of my brother but she was nowhere to be found (yes, my house is big. 8 rooms & 6 toilets), so i told them that i would give Lobak first & would return Kacang to Adrian's place myself as i have his home address.

Here, i would openly thank and apologize to those affected. Yes, i was mad, emotional & over-reacted but so was Adrian, so we're on the same page. The only difference was that i cursed.

To PetFinder ADMIN, please delete my account or ban me or anything you wish to do with it as i no longer wish to be in a negative environment.

I rest my case.
Sasha and Adrian, never mind about everything, things do happen and do go wrong sometimes even with the best of intentions of the parts of all concerned ... and some cats do get scared, disoriented and confused with new people and surroundings ... tak per la, kay? Just let things go, and let's go calmly and quietly try to coax Kacang to come out of hiding, the poor scared and confused gugurl!

Ha! Ha! Sasha, Kacang poo-ed in your clean sink, ya? Saya nampak pun nak gelak (sorry, ya, for seeing the funny side of things) because poor Kacang's confused mind must have mistaken it for a toilet, obviously (tapi jangan marah, ya, Sasha, no offense because cats do go by smell, maybe she smelt the cleaning detergent smell just like the one Adrian uses in his bathroom and toilet, must be).

Anyway, let us all make peace. Sasha don't la leave us like that, not all of PF is negative, ada jugak yg berpositif, kay? Don't la like that ... do stay, kay?

Adrian, kita peace-peace, forgive and forget, can?

Let us now concentrate on getting Kacang back safe and sound. I worry if she escapes outside the house and end up as strays, lagi susah (for Kacang, I mean).

Sasha, forgive poor Kacang yer?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 09-03-2010, 05:04 PM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road

I agree, FK the peacemaker There are two sides to every story and both of you have valid points. Let's make peace and maybe just agree to disagree, forgive and forget? Like I said in my earlier post, let's now focus on bringing Kacang back home. She must be feeling so lonely in a strange place.

Btw, when this has all blown over, perhaps you both too will see the funny side of things. (E.g. poo poo tu macam work of art lah..cantik je kat tengah2 sink) - Of course not funny when you're cleaning it up la, sorry sasha!
Closed Thread