Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Lost & Found

Lost & Found Additional exposure for your Lost / Found pets, besides posting at our main PetFinder.my site. Please read our Lost & Found Guidelines first at http://PF.my/l26

Old 05-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Animal Lover

mabelebam is on a distinguished road
Unhappy The case of the disappearing cats

In the span of 9 months, we have lost a total of 4 cats.

#1st Case
My seven-year-old Persian, Tau Tau went missing overnight in August 2012. We believe he was taken from the roof of one of our cars where he loved to sit and sleep at night.

Our missing kitties. :(

Tau Tau, my furry companion, missing since August 2012.

#2nd Case
We adopted two tabby kittens: Dewey (Orange) & Elle (Grey) in September 2012. In February, on Valentine's Day, Dewey went missing. He usually goes out to do his business and comes back in the mornings. But he never appeared.

Dewey and Elle were kind, gentle souls who wouldn't hurt a fly. Who would harm them?

#3rd Case
Faith, a black & white kitten, was adopted in March 2013 (LAST MONTH). She was with us for barely a month, and then she went missing.

Faith's missing profile: http://www.petfinder.my/pets/43299/

Lovely Faith:

#4th Case
This is not a case of disappearing cats, but a case of CAT ABUSE. Elle is a vivacious kitten, not afraid to use her claws when needed. Two weeks ago, she had her dinner and went out to the porch as usual. Ten minutes later, she limped into the house and lay motionless on the mat. We sensed something was wrong and rushed her to the vet. Her stomach was smashed and we suspect internal injuries due to abuse, kicking or beating. She didn't make it. How did the perpetrator manage to catch and abuse her in such a short amount of time (10 minutes)?

Elle (Left) as a kitten:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS NEIGHBOURHOOD? I've always believed that we lived in a neighbourhood that was safe enough to have cats roaming free. But apparently, not. We have our suspicions of inhumane neighbours kidnapping our kittens (we have no idea WHY), or catnappers going about some funny business. Whatever it is, we have to get to the bottom of this.

Please let me know if you have any solutions/suggestions on how to go about this. I'm sick of cats going missing - it's heartbreaking. I really really hope they will return some day, but the chances seem bleak. However, this is not going to deter me from having cats - they have always been a part of my life and will always be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	524979_485018714891772_1867997959_n (1).jpg
Views:	176
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	11876   Click image for larger version

Name:	43299-173502-x.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	11877   Click image for larger version

Name:	155928_10152241204620212_202651107_n.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	11878   Click image for larger version

Name:	282242_10151255014758234_1436918697_n.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	11879  

Last edited by mabelebam; 05-01-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The case of the disappearing cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelebam View Post
In the span of 9 months, we have lost a total of 4 cats.

#1st Case
My seven-year-old Persian, Tau Tau went missing overnight in August 2012. We believe he was taken from the roof of one of our cars where he loved to sit and sleep at night.

Our missing kitties. :(

Tau Tau, my furry companion, missing since August 2012.

#2nd Case
We adopted two tabby kittens: Dewey (Orange) & Elle (Grey) in September 2012. In February, on Valentine's Day, Dewey went missing. He usually goes out to do his business and comes back in the mornings. But he never appeared.

Dewey and Elle were kind, gentle souls who wouldn't hurt a fly. Who would harm them?

#3rd Case
Faith, a black & white kitten, was adopted in March 2013 (LAST MONTH). She was with us for barely a month, and then she went missing.

Faith's missing profile: http://www.petfinder.my/pets/43299/

Lovely Faith:

#4th Case
This is not a case of disappearing cats, but a case of CAT ABUSE. Elle is a vivacious kitten, not afraid to use her claws when needed. Two weeks ago, she had her dinner and went out to the porch as usual. Ten minutes later, she limped into the house and lay motionless on the mat. We sensed something was wrong and rushed her to the vet. Her stomach was smashed and we suspect internal injuries due to abuse, kicking or beating. She didn't make it. How did the perpetrator manage to catch and abuse her in such a short amount of time (10 minutes)?

Elle (Left) as a kitten:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS NEIGHBOURHOOD? I've always believed that we lived in a neighbourhood that was safe enough to have cats roaming free. But apparently, not. We have our suspicions of inhumane neighbours kidnapping our kittens (we have no idea WHY), or catnappers going about some funny business. Whatever it is, we have to get to the bottom of this.

Please let me know if you have any solutions/suggestions on how to go about this. I'm sick of cats going missing - it's heartbreaking. I really really hope they will return some day, but the chances seem bleak. However, this is not going to deter me from having cats - they have always been a part of my life and will always be.
I would strongly encourage you to keep your cats indoors! Cat-hating neighbours are only one of the perils facing cats who roam outdoors. Others include cars and motorbikes, stray dogs and cats, and any number of parasites and diseases.

Also, I don't know if you spayed and neutered your cats, but intact cats are likely to roam in search of mates, and the toms will almost surely end up fighting each other.

Please, for your cats' sake -- keep them spayed and neutered, and inside your home!