Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 06-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Animal Lover

priesha is on a distinguished road
Exclamation MPK's cruelty in Kuantan ! Plz Help

Hello guys,

M a Kuantan residence & KARE's member, last night an incident happened that triggered me to write this pledge for help and advice. A neighbours dog of fellow KARE member was taken by force from the compound by MPK people using the strap tied tightly around the dog's neck. The dog was the neighbours pet, an old man who loves his dogs. One dog managed to run inside the house when the MPK people came, while another one was caught. The old man started chasing the MPK people & he tripped & fell down & injured his knees. According to my friend who is also KARE's member, the old man was holding on to his dog and begging those officers to let his dog go, or at least loosen up the strap since the dog was grasping for air...but those guys requested for money. Then the old man told them that he would go and get the money, but just let the dog breathe..but those guys replied "u bawak duit dulu, nanti baru saya lepaskan"...the old man even hold the guys hand and begged the guy not to torture his dog like that..but they ignored..poor old man couldnt take it, that eventually he got heart attack..and fainted on the road...then those mpk people got scared & only then they let the dog go.

My friend shouted at the officers demanding them on the reason how can they take someone's pet away? can't they differentiate between pet and stray??? to which one of the guy shouted back...'u ingat u ni cina ke?..orang india pun tak sayang anjing dia orang...u ni melayu jenis apa????" "buat malu melayu saje"...my friend is a malay but she is an animal lover..so got so angry with the mpk's stupidity..and replied ..."all creatures created by god deserves the same attention...thats what Islam says! " but they ignored her..Those MPK people were racist, in human for doin that to another old man...& really ignorant. they arent sincere about reducinf strays...but all they care is 'easy money' by catching pets belonging to others..RM40 per dog!!!

She started running around the neighbourhood alerting people who have pets about the incident & advice them to keep their dogs tied & not roaming in the compound since MPK people even coming into compound. This morning she went to MPK office & meet their big boss who said that he will look into it.....but as we all know...no action will be taken!!! I am very proud of her but feeling really sad for not knowing what else we can do as community to overcome it.

This issue is not something we can take lightly...where is the safety issue???? Why MPK is still doin those things they were not supposed to do??? Please guys..I am asking everyone's help..please advice on what can be done...can we lodge a police report??? We are planning to get the issue in the media...we will not overcome this issue if we dont stay united...

Last edited by priesha; 06-25-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:21 PM
PetFinder Guru

Sashy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MPK's cruelty in Kuantan ! Plz Help

One good way, ALWAYS have a handphone with video recording with you. Record it or take pictures, then its solid PROOF that they cant' deny. If they still won't take action, then post it on every pet forum and youtube it.

Reporting just like that to their superior is useless, they don't give a crap. All they want is for you to go away so they tell you bulls*** like they will have an 'investigation' and 'look into the matter'.

One good example: DBKL. So, apart from the fence around the pound, anything else happen? NOPE! Updates? Tak ada. Action? In your dreams.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Animal Lover

Thanks for the advice shasy...but when it happened...m sure everyone must have been in a panic state..and cant think of recording it...and i know reporting to the MPK authority is useless...coz DBKL's issue even with so much of coverage...no real action can be seen... they are so ignorant !
Old 06-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Cayang Kucing

farahnm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to farahnm

So terrible, buat malu orang Kuantan aje, malu saya jadi orang Kuantan!
Old 06-25-2009, 05:01 PM
PetFinder Guru

Farahnm, when it comes to this kind of thing, I think buat malu orang Malaysia :( Its not just Kuantan, even KL also got animal cruelty issues they haven't addressed, and they don't even have a decent pound, just hire private dogcatcher that whack every dog they see.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default MPK's cruelty in Kuantan ! Plz Help

Shit!! Man.This people who say buat malu org melayu is actually talking abt themselves. I have to agree with Sashy on this matter. Beside camera phone,u can expose them to the media. The next time they want to do such horrible act,they have to extra careful because all eyes are on them.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

all mpk are real jackass......

some times these ppl should be treated that way so that they learn a lesson

idiots...... even if you video tape..no action taken one.......see from the last round.........
Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 PM
PetFinder Guru

Agree, no use the report to our Malaysian govt, but hopefully by bringing more awareness both locally and internationally, caring people (note: not only animal lovers, but anyone who respect God's creatures) can put pressure on them to change
Old 06-25-2009, 10:39 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Deki is on a distinguished road

Ya rite !!! Buat Malu orang Malaysia sja , so sad to noe dis is happenning here, they can actually suka suka walk into sumone's compund?? Even a car repossesser from a finance company cannot go into sumone's compund to repossess a car, they hv to wait outside the hse until its driven out of the compund.

Recording is gud idea, only if sumone can do it in the panicky situation.

Last edited by Deki; 06-25-2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 06-26-2009, 07:12 AM
PetFinder Guru

booboo is on a distinguished road

aiyoo...who they think they r hah!! just masuk rumah org n tarik anjing pki tali ketat mcm 2....stupid!! kan bagus klu ada org buat mcm 2 kat diorang baru taw sakit ke x...i just dun understand people like tis.....
dun they have fellings?? idiot....
Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Animal Lover

guys,

there is something i want to know first.
Do MPK have the right to go in other people's compound without their consent & take away their pets???
What is the real procedure for catching??? Can they catch a dog inside the compound that is not wearing a colar???
Can they catch the dog if the dog is outside the gate but still close to the gate...in the case of over friendly dog!
Is there a clause in the law stating that MPK can enter another person's compound without authorization??? Please advice since I see it as grey area still...
Old 06-26-2009, 02:30 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Deki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by priesha View Post
guys,

Do MPK have the right to go in other people's compound without their consent & take away their pets???
What is the real procedure for catching??? Can they catch a dog inside the compound that is not wearing a colar???
Can they catch the dog if the dog is outside the gate but still close to the gate...in the case of over friendly dog!
Is there a clause in the law stating that MPK can enter another person's compound without authorization??? Please advice since I see it as grey area still...
I don think any body has the right to enter into any body's compound without consent, otherwise, the Finance Co. car repossessor wold hv enter the compund to repossess the car. It is TRESPASSING

With or without collar, inside or outside the compound is not the question, the question is, wld the who ever authorities bother when come to dis issue??

Anybody wants to try to complain?? 2 or 3 years back, a News paper report, dunno which place (sry really 4got), 1 lady kept many dogs in the hse and aftr ignoring MPK's many warnings, they went inside her hse to shoot all the dogs, 1 chinese magazine showed the pics (wish I kept the magazine), her hse was full of blood, it was brought to the attention to the media / public, and ???????? So wat?????? Nothing happen, not even an applogy.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:43 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello guys,

M a Kuantan residence & KARE's member, last night an incident happened that triggered me to write this pledge for help and advice. A neighbours dog of fellow KARE member was taken by force from the compound by MPK people using the strap tied tightly around the dog's neck. The dog was the neighbours pet, an old man who loves his dogs. One dog managed to run inside the house when the MPK people came, while another one was caught. The old man started chasing the MPK people & he tripped & fell down & injured his knees. According to my friend who is also KARE's member, the old man was holding on to his dog and begging those officers to let his dog go, or at least loosen up the strap since the dog was grasping for air...but those guys requested for money. Then the old man told them that he would go and get the money, but just let the dog breathe..but those guys replied "u bawak duit dulu, nanti baru saya lepaskan"...the old man even hold the guys hand and begged the guy not to torture his dog like that..but they ignored..poor old man couldnt take it, that eventually he got heart attack..and fainted on the road...then those mpk people got scared & only then they let the dog go.

My friend shouted at the officers demanding them on the reason how can they take someone's pet away? can't they differentiate between pet and stray??? to which one of the guy shouted back...'u ingat u ni cina ke?..orang india pun tak sayang anjing dia orang...u ni melayu jenis apa????" "buat malu melayu saje"...my friend is a malay but she is an animal lover..so got so angry with the mpk's stupidity..and replied ..."all creatures created by god deserves the same attention...thats what Islam says! " but they ignored her..Those MPK people were racist, in human for doin that to another old man...& really ignorant. they arent sincere about reducinf strays...but all they care is 'easy money' by catching pets belonging to others..RM40 per dog!!!

She started running around the neighbourhood alerting people who have pets about the incident & advice them to keep their dogs tied & not roaming in the compound since MPK people even coming into compound. This morning she went to MPK office & meet their big boss who said that he will look into it.....but as we all know...no action will be taken!!! I am very proud of her but feeling really sad for not knowing what else we can do as community to overcome it.

This issue is not something we can take lightly...where is the safety issue???? Why MPK is still doin those things they were not supposed to do??? Please guys..I am asking everyone's help..please advice on what can be done...can we lodge a police report??? We are planning to get the issue in the media...we will not overcome this issue if we dont stay united...
Girl,
My advice is.write to The Star..Let it be an eye opener.... Once you wrote them ( because you are the one with the experience)...I believe more cases will be made public... And petfinder.my members are more than enough to support you..
Old 06-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default MPK's cruelty in Kuantan ! Plz Help

The answer is big NO

I have epxerience with DBKL.They knock my door and introduce themselves. The even asked for permission to enter my house to view the cats after someone complaint to DBKL. This is the procedure.If they enter without your permission this is what we call trespassing and we can charge them but then again,this is Malaysia.How many times we heard someone win this kind of case?? I mean local council trespassing our property.

Quote:
guys,

Old 06-26-2009, 03:55 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
I don think any body has the right to enter into any body's compound without consent, otherwise, the Finance Co. car repossessor wold hv enter the compund to repossess the car. It is TRESPASSING

With or without collar, inside or outside the compound is not the question, the question is, wld the who ever authorities bother when come to dis issue??

Anybody wants to try to complain?? 2 or 3 years back, a News paper report, dunno which place (sry really 4got), 1 lady kept many dogs in the hse and aftr ignoring MPK's many warnings, they went inside her hse to shoot all the dogs, 1 chinese magazine showed the pics (wish I kept the magazine), her hse was full of blood, it was brought to the attention to the media / public, and ???????? So wat?????? Nothing happen, not even an applogy.

they shot the dog!! idiot!!*(&*^*(&^%%^#%&*^(*&*(_
Old 06-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Animal Lover

exactly guys...I never heard of anyone winning any cases when it involves the local authority...somehow they will close the case or prolong it until the person who presses the charge..gives up !!! Gosh...this is so unfair...I have adviced her to make police report first...the old man's son is also going to lodge a report, and KARE gonna have a press conference soon..in about 1 week time...So i am urging members of the public..who have faced similar case or witnessed one..please contact me, KARE would really appreciate if you would come forward to tell us ur experience...We are aiming at making a big news conference regarding it..Getting in the press..but we are not sure whether TV media will be interested in...
Old 06-26-2009, 04:06 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
exactly guys...I never heard of anyone winning any cases when it involves the local authority...somehow they will close the case or prolong it until the person who presses the carge..gives up !!! Gosh...this is so unfair...I have adviced her to make police report first...and KARE gonna have a press conference soon..in about 1 week time...So i am urging members of the public..who have faced similar case or witnessed one..please contact me, KARE would really appreciate if you would come forward to tell us ur experience...We are aiming at making a big news conference regarding it..Getting in the press..but we are not sure whether TV media will be interested in...
Good..will get my cam ready for any abuse around...
Old 06-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Animal Lover

Exclamation Re: MPK's cruelty in Kuantan ! Plz Help

guys....

for those who have experienced the same or witnessed one....preferrably in Kuantan area...plz contact me at 0123445502(sham) / 0199818818(julia)
Old 07-14-2009, 03:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

only at kuantan? if sumtin like kl cannot contact u eh?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Animal Lover

well guys the reason why we need people to contact us should they have similar experience, is because KARE will be organizing a Press Conference in 1 week time, so we need more people to come forward to share their own heartbreaking experience. We want to make an impact, we want the public to stay united and firm on the issue...

if you have similar experience but lets say you are from other states, then you may still call or mail us your experience..