Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Vets & Docs Reviews

Vets & Docs Reviews Discuss, recommend, and review the people providing health care for your pets, ie, the animal docs.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Animal Lover

justaqi is on a distinguished road
Default 3 vets one kitty

Hi,

I am new here, but I want to share my experience with vets when I had my cat a year ++ ago.

So, i dont have much vet experiences. When I got my Dylan from a friend. I waited until he was about a month or so, until I know he stopped nursing, then I took him with me back to Melaka since I am studying there. When I got him, he was a bit dirty from staying outside. So I cleaned him up, and kept him close to me at all times so that he would always feel warm. I sent him to the vet cause his eyes was mucousy. MY FIRST vet,I went to this vet in Melaka, my friend told me bout it. i wasnt sure since the last time my housemate sent her persian, he died. Dylan was pretty scared when we were there, kept on screaming,running,climbing on me, since the vet probe and proded him. The vet there said that he has fpv, and would not last long. i was distraught! the vet gave him deworming and meds for his eyes and said that if he can last 24 hours then he would survive. so i couldnt really sleep that night, trying to feed him and hug him for warmth.

then i went back to the vet for checkup, he said he has scabies. i asked him if he can give treatment, and the vet said Dylan was too small so have to wait. so i had to watch in agony and pain while he bit his skin and scratched non stop. his skin become hardened and he was losing his fur. i tried to wash him with mites shampoos and hug him all night, so he would feel warm. i did that for days or weeks, im not sure. until i myself was itching. well, they didnt do much for him. everything was inconclusive. leaving me in the dark. so i researched everything online.

then i went back to Subang. Dylan suddenly had constipation. I detected it instantly since I was always checking him, even his poop. He was trying to poop all the time but nothing comes out. when it does, it is rock hard. so i quickly went online and there was a vet in ss17, so i went to MY SECOND vet. The vet sat on the floor and told me to let Dylan just walk around. He told me Dylan is always searching for warm place since he's always cold and that's odd for a kitten. i thought kittens always stay with the mother? Even in there Dylan wouldnt stop screaming. then he gave Dylan enema to loosen the stool and he massaged the poop out of him. Asked me how long do I think I am going to have him. I said for a long time. He smiled and told me to just let go of this kitten, and find some other one that's healthy. since he would give me complications. i was surprised. and very sad to hear it. how can i let him go? i vowed i would never give up. the vet told me to do enema for dylan at home if constipation occurs. so i checked the next day, and he was doing fine. he ate alot and poop alot too. so i was happy. but the scabies thing was getting to me. the vet didnt do anything about it either.

so the next day I went to MY THIRD VET. found it online. I havent seen anyone posted anything about it. It's in Kelana Jaya, called Wilayah smthng. I think Wilayah Animal Clinic? Im not sure about anyone else, but this vet was my lifesaver. If there's any other experiences do tell, but this is mine. I went there, and told him everything about Dylan. He took Dylan out of his carriage, and the first thing I notice was Dylan was quiet,even when probe and proded. I was amazed actually. He walked around freely, and the vet didnt poke and prod him like the other vets did. He did it in a very gentle manner and Dylan quickly trusts him. He gave Dylan meds for his scabies,putting it in a ball of IAMS soft food. Gave me the scabies med to give him continuously for a week and come back for a check up. In a few days, he stopped biting and scratching himself! He was active again and in a week his fur was coming back. Went back to the vet, and he said to give it for another 2 days, so he gave me the meds for free.

Now, Dylan is healthy as ever and has never given any problems! I am not sure if anyone here has been there, but the vet is super nice and he really handles the animals well. I even called him from Melaka once because Dylan was limping and I was worried. I didnt want to go to the vet in Melaka. He was very patient, explaining maybe Dylan twisted his leg while playing roughly. (Yes, he's very playful) And that if he broke his leg, he would be depressed and not really moving. Told me to wait till tomorrow and if he's still limping, i should consult a vet in Melaka. But the next day, the little devil was happily hopping about the house. So that's settled. But yeah, I'd probably say, that vet was the best out of the three for me. Has anyone heard of the place before? Im bringing a friend's cat later this week, so I hope it'll be fine :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0615.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	11401   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0661.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	11402   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0815.JPG
Views:	77