Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 01-19-2010, 02:39 AM
Animal Lover

clover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pelik . tapi benar.

Blackie007 and Forrester,

I am more concerned about the people doing sales blatantly under the adoption site.

I am sure (please do correct me if I am wrong) that the adoption site was created with the prime objective of reducing the population of unwanted or abandoned pets and strays by finding homes for them. Thus it will make a mockery of the whole thing if sales are allowed in this adoption category.

Regards
Old 01-19-2010, 03:03 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Amirahd is on a distinguished road

clover, im sorry that you dont agree with the sales part, but this is thread is not about. And i think blakie007 ,Kak June & Forrester are trying so hard to reduce the among of unwanted or abandoned pets.not everyone wants to neuter/spay their pets . And i dont think the moderators can do anything about it. So tell me this, if there are newborn and the owner cant keep it, but he/she dont want to put under adoption because of their good breed . What happen to the newborn ? become strays? or grow without love and attention? You got to understand that not everyone are as kind as you to give free persian. the world doesnt spin that way . thus, selling the newborn are the only way to save it. And lets just hope, the new owner are willing to spay/neuter their pet.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:41 AM
PetFinder Buddy

http://www.petfinder.my/pets/5109/

read the first cmmnt. this is what im talking about.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:04 PM
PetFinder Buddy

http://www.petfinder.my/members/putritaqwiim/

sorry, silap url:
Old 01-19-2010, 05:29 PM
PetFinder Guru

Zarul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirahd View Post
ooooo pandabear88
Old 01-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Animal Lover

clover is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Pelik . tapi benar.

Amirahd, you are right the world doesn't spin the way we want it to be but as least we can make a difference be it small or big. It is all about supply and demand. If the demand stops so will the supply.

I know that dwelling in the issue of breeding will attract a lot of attention. This topic has been heatedly discussed,argued and left hanging..... Recently I read from this forum, there is a group of members who have tried to gather a conscientious effort to boycott and expose backyard breeders, puppy mills and etc..From what I read, it seems that there are these 'breeders' selling their 'wares' under this site.What's more even unscrupulous vets breed and sell. I do not know what is the outcome of this exercise as I have lost track of the thread.

I know it is difficult for the moderators but not impossible.If people wants to sell their kittens, at least do it in the proper channel ie. FOR SALE category (as the founder has allowed it) and not under the ADOPTION category. In fact, there were members who had previously questioned and requested these guys to put their sales in the FOR SALE category but their excuse was ...'they have tried but couldn't put in that category'. What a lame excuse. I know I am not alone in this.

What the moderators could do is to at least warn these people that they should put their 'wares' under the FOR SALE category and if they resist or persist then to suspend their account. You would ask me ....'what is the difference they are still selling their wares be it here or there'....

There is a difference because by doing so, the moderators put forth a message that they are serious about what they stood up for and that it is a no nonsense site.

Anyway, I believe if each of us do our part not necessary that the person has to be KIND it will make a difference. It is difficult but not IMPOSSIBLE.

With that I am leaving this thread.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:59 AM
Animal Lover

casphere is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarul View Post
ooooo pandabear88
so thick-skinned in the way she asked. call me judgemental, but i really cannot stomach such cheapskate freeloaders.

Mira's made it clear enough on her point, and it's quite amusing how some others still try to argue bagai menegakkan benang basah on behalf of these freeloaders

Last edited by casphere; 01-21-2011 at 03:06 AM. Reason: adding info