Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Discuss the latest movies, tv shows, and what turns you into a couch potato

View Poll Results: Who is your TOP TWO favourites out of these 11 contestants?
Adam Lambert 6 85.71%
Alexis Grace 1 14.29%
Allison Iraheta 0 0%
Anoop Desai 0 0%
Danny Gokey 2 28.57%
Kris Allen 0 0%
Lil Rounds 1 14.29%
Matt Giraud 0 0%
Megan Joy Corkrey 1 14.29%
Michael Sarver 1 14.29%
Scott MacIntyre 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2009, 03:24 PM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: American Idol Season 8 (2009)

I love the smell of jasmine. In fact I grow them in my small garden and outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
be careful if u smell a nice jasmine smell at midnight....
Old 03-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

ya, me too. but in this new home, where i don't have a planter box, but balconies instead, all plants are ruined by blackie. he loves chewing them and tearing them apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
I love the smell of jasmine. In fact I grow them in my small garden and outside.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:51 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hahaha, luckily Jasmine is not poisonous to cats. This is one thing blackie is not afraid of. I am thinking of planting Jasmine in the yard to 'neutralise' the smell of cat wastes.
Quote:
ya, me too. but in this new home, where i don't have a planter box, but balconies instead, all plants are ruined by blackie. he loves chewing them and tearing them apart.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
oh, ok, so in that case, my next question is, what does "harum sundal malam" mean??

is it a kind of flower that produces a certain fragrance? to be exact, is it that white jasmine flower? it has a really sweet, strong fragrance, especially at night. at my old place, i had a planter box of jasmines, and at night, when there's breeze, our whole living room would be filled with the harum smell, like someone just sprayed jasmine perfume into the air.

hehe, i also don't believe in ghosts or spirits. but i love watching horror movies. but i prefer the japanese type, as they are psychologically more scary. the mat salleh horror movies are all in your face type, rather than prey on your psychology.

i must see if i can get the pontianak harum sundal malam DVD.

ok, guys, don't forget. american idol today....i'll watch the 8pm show.
Thanks for the reminder.

Harum sundal malam..? Well, people say, normally when there is a presence of the pontianak, there'd sure be a faint/strong smell of bunga melor. Is jasmine and melor the same? Plus, my mom said that bunga melor is normally the flower that is planted in cemeteries. Very wangi.

Harum Sundal Malam might be an english translation of cheap perfume seller at night.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default American Idol Season 8 (2009)

Charlene,I think Harum Sundal Malam Flower is Jasmine flower.I saw in the movie Maya Karin wearing that flower on her hair

If I smell Jasmine flower at night I will run as fast as possible.

Quote:
oh, ok, so in that case, my next question is, what does "harum sundal malam" mean??

is it a kind of flower that produces a certain fragrance? to be exact, is it that white jasmine flower? it has a really sweet, strong fragrance, especially at night. at my old place, i had a planter box of jasmines, and at night, when there's breeze, our whole living room would be filled with the harum smell, like someone just sprayed jasmine perfume into the air.

hehe, i also don't believe in ghosts or spirits. but i love watching horror movies. but i prefer the japanese type, as they are psychologically more scary. the mat salleh horror movies are all in your face type, rather than prey on your psychology.

i must see if i can get the pontianak harum sundal malam DVD.

ok, guys, don't forget. american idol today....i'll watch the 8pm show.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Attention American Idol fans:
Due to broadcasting changes in schedule, there is no American Idol tonight. It will be shown tomorrow (Thurs) & Fri night instead.

cookie, yeah, do have jasmine plant in your garden. the fragrance is great!

june, thanks for the info! i love the smell of jasmine, hehe.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Petfinder Moderator

so.........what do u guys think of tonight's american idol?

for me, personally, i think adam lambert again, gave a stellar performace. he's amazingly talented. and allison is great, too. i really dig both of them.

btw, do u guys like adam lambert's new look? the sleek combed back, nearly like elvis presley, look? or do u prefer his indie rock star look?

and, most importantly, who do u think will be eliminated tomorrow?
Old 03-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Meow

Quote:

for me, personally, i think adam lambert again, gave a stellar performace. he's amazingly talented. and allison is great, too. i really dig both of them.

btw, do u guys like adam lambert's new look? the sleek combed back, nearly like elvis presley, look? or do u prefer his indie rock star look?

Adam is fantastically amaziiing. I love Allison's rendition. What is the name of the song she sang?

I love the way Adam presented himself this week. No make-up and we can see his face clearly now. xD I actually do like both the indie and clean-cut look.

Hmm hmm. I think Meghan might be eliminated this week. But I love what she was wearing. It matches her tatoo.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:18 AM
PetFinder Guru

illa79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Yeah,i agree..i was totally blown away by Adam's performance..he's so versatile and when he sings it seems so effortless...allison was great too..lil rounds seemed to me like she was screaming thru out the whole performance..

i dont mind either one of Adam's look..looks great either way..
Old 03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Yes, Adam is an amazingly talented singer. I'll even go out on a limb and say i think he might be the next american idol if he continues to perform like he has been doing. i just love watching him.

allison is great, too. the song she sang was Papa Was A Rolling Stone. who knows, maybe it'll be adam versus allison in the finals.

i'm not very sure who'll be eliminated, but i think michael might be eliminated....he's been giving rather poor performances week after week. and i think the bottom 3 (based on last night's performance) would be megan, michael sarver & scott macintyre. if any of u have seen it, don't tell me. i wanna see it for myself tonight at 8pm.....no fun watching if i know the results. no more suspense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
Adam is fantastically amaziiing. I love Allison's rendition. What is the name of the song she sang?

I love the way Adam presented himself this week. No make-up and we can see his face clearly now. xD I actually do like both the indie and clean-cut look.

Hmm hmm. I think Meghan might be eliminated this week. But I love what she was wearing. It matches her tatoo.

Yup. i thought lil rounds was screaming, too. i think she & megan sang it too fast. i got a "rushed job" feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illa79 View Post
Yeah,i agree..i was totally blown away by Adam's performance..he's so versatile and when he sings it seems so effortless...allison was great too..lil rounds seemed to me like she was screaming thru out the whole performance..

i dont mind either one of Adam's look..looks great either way..
Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Wow! Adam Lambert stole the show again tonight! He really deserves to win, and I hope he does. What a redition! oh my!

but i wish he would stick to his old hair-style with eye-liner and nail polish....hehe, i know a.lya prefers the clean cut look, but i think he looks older clean cut.

so, what do you guys think? and who do you think should be booted tomorrow?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Meow

Quote:
Wow! Adam Lambert stole the show again tonight! He really deserves to win, and I hope he does. What a redition! oh my!

but i wish he would stick to his old hair-style with eye-liner and nail polish....hehe, i know a.lya prefers the clean cut look, but i think he looks older clean cut.

so, what do you guys think? and who do you think should be booted tomorrow?
I actually prefer both. He sorta looks like 2 different - good looking - guys. Aaaaah. I can't help watching his performance again and again.

Danny was also great. He gave me goosebumps. Oh oh. I like Kris Allen's performance as well..but what is with that visible-invisible moustache?

I think Megan might be booted out tomorrow. She only sang well when she was sick. And she seems like she has already given up. :(
Old 04-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Petfinder Moderator

ya, i can't help watching his performance again & again. I hope he wins, and then when he has a concert in KL, I am going to his concert!!! he not only sings amazingly well, but he has all the moves, too. really ade ooomphh.....

did you feel that last night was more of his concert than an american idol show? i felt that the others were like filler singers....to fill in the time while waiting for the real star to sing.

yes, kris allen was fantastic last night. hahaha, i was also thinking what's with that visible now-invisible now moustache? i think he's trying to look grown-up.

yeah, megan sings well only when she's sick. simon was right, she should be sick more often.

Quote:
I actually prefer both. He sorta looks like 2 different - good looking - guys. Aaaaah. I can't help watching his performance again and again.

Danny was also great. He gave me goosebumps. Oh oh. I like Kris Allen's performance as well..but what is with that visible-invisible moustache?

I think Megan might be booted out tomorrow. She only sang well when she was sick. And she seems like she has already given up. :(
Old 04-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Meow

Quote:
ya, i can't help watching his performance again & again. I hope he wins, and then when he has a concert in KL, I am going to his concert!!! he not only sings amazingly well, but he has all the moves, too. really ade ooomphh.....

did you feel that last night was more of his concert than an american idol show? i felt that the others were like filler singers....to fill in the time while waiting for the real star to sing.

yes, kris allen was fantastic last night. hahaha, i was also thinking what's with that visible now-invisible now moustache? i think he's trying to look grown-up.

yeah, megan sings well only when she's sick. simon was right, she should be sick more often.
Yeahh. When AI is on, I just anticipate for Adam's performance - and Megan. Kris shouldn't look grown up. He's too cute. Gosh. I love how Adam 'screamed'. He'd kick ass in AF.

And and and..I already know who's out! Jeng jeng jenggggggg. My brother likes to ruin the surprise for me.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:37 PM
PetFinder Guru

American Idol has just started on 8TV. Am watching it and multi-tasking as well.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 PM
PetFinder Guru

Adam's dance moves are so funky and funny. He sure can scream!
Wonder if glasses can break!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Petfinder Moderator

i only look forward to adam's performance nowadays. i think if for some reason he didn't make it to the finals, i'll stop watching american idol until the next season.

yea, love how adam screamed, too.....sooooooo......hahaha, words fail me for once.....but his falsetto voice is just amazing.

aww, you should ask your brother not to spoil the surprise for you. it's not fun to watch the results anymore if you already know the results. it's like watching badminton replay, after the results are publishes in the newspaper.

since cookie is just watching the performances, let's not spoil it for her by telling her who got booted today.

Quote:
Yeahh. When AI is on, I just anticipate for Adam's performance - and Megan. Kris shouldn't look grown up. He's too cute. Gosh. I love how Adam 'screamed'. He'd kick ass in AF.

And and and..I already know who's out! Jeng jeng jenggggggg. My brother likes to ruin the surprise for me.
YES! YES! Don't you just love his moves and scream.....he's always screaming in such a cute and funny way.... I want an Adam Lambert concert......aww, can't have enough of him. hehe.

Quote:
Adam's dance moves are so funky and funny. He sure can scream!
Wonder if glasses can break!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:54 PM
PetFinder Guru

Aiya, I know the results lah.
Quote:
since cookie is just watching the performances, let's not spoil it for her by telling her who got booted today.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Petfinder Moderator

hehe....yeah, it's megan....she seems excited to be going home to see her son....or is that just my imagination?

Quote:
Aiya, I know the results lah.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:03 AM
PetFinder Guru

Camouflage her disappointment, mah.
Quote:
hehe....yeah, it's megan....she seems excited to be going home to see her son....or is that just my imagination?