Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 11-14-2008, 12:27 PM
LeenMaF|a

Lyn_Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tri colour local cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
lyn.. kiter penah baca.. heheh surf website cfa... turkish van tuh mmg nama breed...
ooo nama breed yer.. so jgn mimpilah yerk.. heheh so kita tukar kepada 'Malaysian Van'.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Addicted to Cats..

meowbaby is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Tri colour local cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn_Cat View Post
my calico ..but only at head and tail...

OMIGOSH so unique la.... so cuteeee...........
Old 11-14-2008, 02:35 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ooo nama breed yer.. so jgn mimpilah yerk.. heheh so kita tukar kepada 'Malaysian Van'.
ehehe..ook per... malaysian van.. eheheh

ala.. x per... janji ada rupa gak cam si turkish van..!~
Old 11-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Question Errr ... waktu subuh dia berkokok tak?

Quote:
my calico ..but only at head and tail...
Errr ... waktu subuh dia berkokok tak?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 11-14-2008, 03:14 PM
LeenMaF|a

Default Re: Errr ... waktu subuh dia berkokok tak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Errr ... waktu subuh dia berkokok tak?
oooo ko nampak mcm ayam serama yerk....huhuuhuhhu .tak kokok pun...cuma mengiauuuu jerkk.....
Old 11-14-2008, 03:18 PM
LeenMaF|a

Default About Turkish Van

The Turkish Van is a breed of cat native to the rugged mountains of the Lake Van region in Eastern Turkey. Originally called the Turkish Cat, the name was changed in 1979 in the U.S. ( 1985 in the U.K.) to Turkish Van to better distance the breed from the Turkish Angora cat which had its origins around Ankara, in central Turkey. Traditionally, in the cat fancy, Turkish Vans are recognized as patterned cats with color restricted to the head and tail with the body of the cat being white. Historically, in Turkey, solid white is also the color for the Van Kedisi, which some consider to be synonymous with the Turkish Van.

The Turkish Van is a big, beautiful cat with distinctive markings on its head and tail and an unusual love of water. Also known as the swimming cat, the Van loves to paddle its paws in streams, fish for its supper and even take a cooling dip in your bath.

Origins
The Van has survived virtually unchanged since Biblical times and shares the area known as "the cradle of civilisation" with mankind. The breed originated in the very remote and rugged Lake Van in the south eastern province of Turkey.

Appearance

The cats have medium length coats which require very little grooming and once mature they develop manes in the winter months. The coat is also waterproof. Essentially the characteristic auburn markings on the chalk white body should be limited to the tail and the top of the head. A random spot on the body is known as the mark of Allah. Other breeds, with limited colour in the coat, borrowed the word, "Van" from this breed to help indicate the colour pattern.
It is accepted that the Turkish Van is the original piebal cat and one of the first long hair mutations which is not man made but a result of natural selection through inbreeding in an isolated area.
The cats ears sit quite high on their heads, and their bodies are long and broad - often reaching three feet in length. Turkish Van cats are considered on of the largest of the domestic breeds and are quite massive at maturity - the only cat that cannot follow its head through a fence due to the breadth of the chest. Aside from the large chest and shoulders they have broad muscular hips. The width of the pectoral and pelvic girdles give the Turks quite a distinctive swaggering gate. Fully mature males weigh anything from 9 - 12 kg's. Females are substantially smaller.

Temperament and Characteristics
Vans usually have their tails in motion - in every direction imaginable a habit that is known as "flouncing". The tails seem to function totally on their own. Even when the cat is asleep, its tail remains active and the cat will eventually grab its own tail and pin it under its legs for a more peaceful nap.
This is a very intelligent breed that can be taught to perform tasks. They are happy to walk on leads and join the family dogs for a walk. When it comes to courage, it is a known fact that the van has the heart of a lion. When cornered by dogs it will bite viciously to defend itself.
Summer heat is probably what drove the early Vans into the water. Many cats of different breeds will play with water dripping from a tap or in a puddle outdoors, but the Vans are truly the only domestic breed known for its love of water and the joy it gets from swimming. Lakes, streams and ponds are the most prized, but sinks, tubs and even water dishes will do if the cat desires a dip.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
the actual cat is 6 . and i hv another 9 kitties + this calico that i resque. All between 2 - 4 1/2 month . all are waiting for adoption. but now the little kiities got problem sakit mata dan selsema. sampai abis ubat mata still tak baik2 lagi. sekarang sudah berjangkit2.. susah hati betul....
Bawa jumpa vet. There are cases where ubat mata sahaja tak memadai. Apa jenis ubat mata yang digunakan? Terdapat banyak sangat punca penyakit mata, are you sure you are giving the right remedy? What is the active ingredient in the ubat mata you are using? Which antibiotic? I really hope you are not applying steriodal eye medication yang dibeli sendiri mcm Ilium. Often the eye problem requires oral antibiotic medication twice a day for 7 days.

Baru 2 days ago I caught my kitten with watery eyes and the next day tak leh buka dan ada sedikit pus. Vet prescribed Terramycin applied 3 times per day for minimum 10 days plus Betamox antibiotics twice a day for 7 days and something else in case of flu. Hari ni dah nampak all okay tapi all medications will continue for a full 7-days course to ensure complete recovery and no relapse.

I take all eye infections very, very seriously bcos I do not want them to end up blind or partially blind.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 11-14-2008, 03:41 PM
LeenMaF|a

Quote:
Bawa jumpa vet. There are cases where ubat mata sahaja tak memadai. Apa jenis ubat mata yang digunakan? Terdapat banyak sangat punca penyakit mata, are you sure you are giving the right remedy? What is the active ingredient in the ubat mata you are using? Which antibiotic? I really hope you are not applying steriodal eye medication yang dibeli sendiri mcm Ilium. Often the eye problem requires oral antibiotic medication twice a day for 7 days.
dah bawak gi vet dah.. tak ingat laa ape jnis ubat yg dia bagi .. pastu antibiotik yg dia bg pun dah abis.. td pegi lg vet tu..mintak ubat mata sbb dah abis...tp antibiotik AMOX tu dia tak bg..dia suh i bwk kucing tu gi klinik br dia bagi..aiseh...
Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM
LeenMaF|a

Default Re: About Turkish Van

Quote:
The Turkish Van is a big, beautiful cat with distinctive markings on its head and tail and an unusual love of water. Also known as the swimming cat, the Van loves to paddle its paws in streams, fish for its supper and even take a cooling dip in your bath.

Summer heat is probably what drove the early Vans into the water. Many cats of different breeds will play with water dripping from a tap or in a puddle outdoors, but the Vans are truly the only domestic breed known for its love of water and the joy it gets from swimming. Lakes, streams and ponds are the most prized, but sinks, tubs and even water dishes will do if the cat desires a dip.
aku nak try campak LUlu dlm kolam..nak tgk dia pandai berenang ke tak...ahahahahah

aku rasa lemas adeler... LUlu tak suka air pun..alangkan bg mandi pun dok terjerit2 ..nyampah..!!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
dah bawak gi vet dah.. tak ingat laa ape jnis ubat yg dia bagi .. pastu antibiotik yg dia bg pun dah abis.. td pegi lg vet tu..mintak ubat mata sbb dah abis...tp antibiotik AMOX tu dia tak bg..dia suh i bwk kucing tu gi klinik br dia bagi..aiseh...
Then you better bring the cat to the clinic for 2nd course of oral antibiotic. The oral medication is very, very important. Berapa hari dia bg for the 1st course? 3 days? 5 days? 7 days? 11 days?

Always note down all the medications' drug name. Keep a journal for every one of your cats for health record.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
eheheh... yer.. dia tipu... bukan 2 ekor... tapi ber ekor2... tak pasti banyak mana.. tapi sangat banyak la..

vet atau tidak x pasti.. tapi dia rajin cari info n beli + baca buku2 tentang pemakan , kesihatan kucen2....
Oooiiii!!! Mengumpat yerrrrrr ....

Vet saya bukan, bukan, bukannnnnnnn .... saya tukang sapu aje ... dan mengenai belik buku, dalam hidup saya cuma beli 2 buku mengenai kucing sahaja iaitu Cat Owner Veterinary Manual/Handbook Third Edition dan Animals In Translation. Tak buang duit beli yang maklumat ada kat internet. Juga, banyak buku-buku yg ada tu tak banyak value dia, cuma taroh banyak gambar kucing lawa utk cuci mata ajer.

Yang lain semua saya cedok free dari internet sampai baca kajian pHD mengenai kucing pun ada. Baaaaaaanyak info free tapi you have to use your brain to siphon the rubbish from the truths and evidence supported info.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:10 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:

Vet saya bukan, bukan, bukannnnnnnn .... saya tukang sapu aje ... dan mengenai belik buku, dalam hidup saya cuma beli 2 buku mengenai kucing sahaja iaitu Cat Owner Veterinary Manual/Handbook Third Edition dan Animals In Translation. Tak buang duit beli yang maklumat ada kat internet. Juga, banyak buku-buku yg ada tu tak banyak value dia, cuma taroh banyak gambar kucing lawa utk cuci mata ajer.

Yang lain semua saya cedok free dari internet sampai baca kajian pHD mengenai kucing pun ada. Baaaaaaanyak info free tapi you have to use your brain to siphon the rubbish from the truths and evidence supported info.

mana ada ngumpat bang.. kebenaran.. kalo ngumpat x der dah nak post kat sini..!~
Old 11-14-2008, 07:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:

mana ada ngumpat bang.. kebenaran.. kalo ngumpat x der dah nak post kat sini..!~
Old 11-14-2008, 08:34 PM
LeenMaF|a

Quote:
Then you better bring the cat to the clinic for 2nd course of oral antibiotic. The oral medication is very, very important. Berapa hari dia bg for the 1st course? 3 days? 5 days? 7 days? 11 days?

Always note down all the medications' drug name. Keep a journal for every one of your cats for health record.
1st course sudah 5 hari.kitty yg mula2 kena dah ok. tp jangkit kat 4 ekor kitty yg lain sbb tu ubat cepat habis..now 2nd course tp xde ubat antibiotik..hmm bila balik keje td, sian tgk yg sekor tu..dah laa sakit mata pastu rasanya idung sumbat laa(selsema). seksa betul bunyik dia..bdn pula dah panas sket rasa mcm nak demam jerk.. adoiyaii... dah laaa mommy dia nih skang tgh sengkek.. utk diri sendiri pun tak lepas skang nih.. lambat betul nak tunggu gaji. kalo ikutkan nak bwk diorg gi klinik jer esok.. tp pk..tak mampu plak.. kalo esok diorg semakin teruk, kena jugaklah buat loan kat mana2. takde ke sape2 yg keje vet kat sini..yg leh bg kredit utk org yg terdesak mcm sy nih.. masuklah dlm buku 555. huhuhuhuhu..sianlah kat saya...

eh furkid, tadi vet tu taknak bg AMOX tu..sbb da suh bwk kucing br dia berani bg. tp dia bg ubat yg sapu kat lidah..dia kata supaya lendir kahak/hingus tu cair dan kucing senang bernapas.. ok tak ubat tu..? u permah dengar tak ubat camtu?

**** eh..nih dah jauh tersasar dr topik nih.. takpe ke..? malas nak bukak new thread lah...
Old 11-15-2008, 01:43 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
the actual cat is 6 . and i hv another 9 kitties + this calico that i resque. All between 2 - 4 1/2 month . all are waiting for adoption. but now the little kiities got problem sakit mata dan selsema. sampai abis ubat mata still tak baik2 lagi. sekarang sudah berjangkit2.. susah hati betul....
Lyn becareful ah,sikit sikit selesema if can seperate them first. my friends kitty just pass away.The Kitty follow their mother pass to my friends neighbour house and then my friend's neighbour splash water to the kitten and then the kitten fell down to the drain (heard from another neighbour). All wet and soak dunno for how long. When my friend reach home at night, she heard the kitten meowing and then save her. The kitten fell sick and then pass away tomorrow. Then the flu pass to another kitten but luckily cepat bawa pi doktor. Kasihan oh~~~
Old 11-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
1st course sudah 5 hari.kitty yg mula2 kena dah ok. tp jangkit kat 4 ekor kitty yg lain sbb tu ubat cepat habis..now 2nd course tp xde ubat antibiotik..hmm bila balik keje td, sian tgk yg sekor tu..dah laa sakit mata pastu rasanya idung sumbat laa(selsema). seksa betul bunyik dia..bdn pula dah panas sket rasa mcm nak demam jerk.. adoiyaii... dah laaa mommy dia nih skang tgh sengkek.. utk diri sendiri pun tak lepas skang nih.. lambat betul nak tunggu gaji. kalo ikutkan nak bwk diorg gi klinik jer esok.. tp pk..tak mampu plak.. kalo esok diorg semakin teruk, kena jugaklah buat loan kat mana2. takde ke sape2 yg keje vet kat sini..yg leh bg kredit utk org yg terdesak mcm sy nih.. masuklah dlm buku 555. huhuhuhuhu..sianlah kat saya...
Saya rasa amat penting sekali utk Lyn manage, plan and use your financial resources wisely. Paling penting: spay/neuter semua kucing yg ada sekarang apabila cukup umur supaya tidak membiak dan bertambah lagi sebab nak hantar kucing sakit pergi vet pun tak ada duit sebab kalau kucing sakit tidak memperolehi rawatan perubatan yg wajar, it is very serious! Juga, Lyn amat perlu mempertingkatkan pengetahuan Lyn berkenaan kesihatan dan kebersihan dan juga pentingnya mengasingkan kucing yang nampak ada masalah kesihatan pada peringkat awal lagi (spt mata sedikit berair). Pencegahan penyakit adalah jauh lebih penting dan efektif daripada rawatan apabila penyakit dah kena (prevention is better than cure).

Penyakit selsema (flu) adalah penyakit yang boleh jadi amat serius, terutama yang melibatkan anak kucing dan senang membawa maut, kehilangan penglihatan dan cacatan-cacatan lain yg serius.

Saya amat tidak senang hati membaca cara Lyn treat kucing-kucing lain secara sendiri tanpa membawa pergi vet. Juga, antibiotic tersebut sepatut makan 7 hari sepenuhnya dua kali sehari. Tapi Lyn ambik ubat kucing sakit pertama dan gunakan utk kucing lain secara sendiri utk jimat $$.

Kalau tak cukup duit pun, kalau Lyn bawa semua kucing-kucing tu pergi vet JPH kerajaan, dia cuma caj RM30 utk services bagi satu longgok kucing-kucing yg dibawa pada masa yg sama, pastu ubat-ubat utk semua kucing termasuk full course antibiotics dan ubat mata Terramycin beberapa tiub semuanya dijumlahkan saya rasa tak sampai RM50 pun, pastu dapat diskaun 15% keseluruhan lagi. You need to make smart decisions for crucial and important issues in life ... and you never, ever mess around with antibiotics on your own!
Quote:
eh furkid, tadi vet tu taknak bg AMOX tu..sbb da suh bwk kucing br dia berani bg. tp dia bg ubat yg sapu kat lidah..dia kata supaya lendir kahak/hingus tu cair dan kucing senang bernapas.. ok tak ubat tu..? u permah dengar tak ubat camtu?
Ubat antibiotics Amoxillin adalah merupakan jenis "prescription drug" dan tidak boleh dan tidak patut diperolehi tanpa pengawasan pakar perubatan sebab itu lah Lyn tidak boleh dan tidak patut memperolehinya tanpa kucing berjumpa vet dahulu. You need to really stop messing around ignorantly with any antibiotics or prescription drug.

Ubat sapu tu adalah menyerupai Beacolytic utk kesan flu yg vet berikan kepada anak kucing saya 1/4 tablet utk dimakan selama 5 hari dan ubat ini bukan antibiotics.

Bila terkena flu seperti kucing-kucing Lyn pemakanan antibiotics sebanyak dua kali sehari for 1 complete course AMAT penting untuk melawan penyakit dari dalam badan yang bukan meliputi matanya sahaja, bahkan kemungkinan infection di kerongkong, paru-paru dan sebagainya.

Beware, kucing-kucing anda jika tidak diambil tindakan cepat dan serius boleh mati atau cacat seumur hidup atau lemah dan senang sakit pada hari tua nanti! You end up with big lifelong medical bills, jadi, bayar sekarang secara lebih rendah atau bayar secara jauh lebih tinggi pada masa akan datang!

Last edited by FurKids; 11-17-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 AM
PetFinder Guru

abzalia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to abzalia

Quote:
errrrrrrrrrFK "bang" ke "akak"
kompius...
sorry la saya x ingat lg jantina, umo & asal member2 dalam nih..
ekekeke
Old 11-17-2008, 10:56 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

At last i manage to take my friends kitty's picture. 1st and 2nd pic is her 'tuan rumah'. If another stray cat comes ...oh my, she will get a slap from ah hwa for sure. strictly no other cat other than her family member. But luckily she accept the other cat that my friend, Anna, adopted. Then 3rd, 4th and 5th picture is Ah hwa's grandchildren. Unlucky the small tri colour is the one tht caught flu and passed away.

Last edited by vivi; 11-21-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:06 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

Latest Tri colour pic i got from my cousins kampung. This baby is a stray. And her natural blender don work so well. Blend until halfway only.
Enjoy. Happy new year 2009
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tri colour cat.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	2716

Name:	Tri colour cat (1).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	2717

Name:	Tri colour cat (2).jpg
Views:	82
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	2718

The 2nd part is the strays that roams to my neighbour's house and stay there permanently. And already gives birth to 5 sweet kitties. The yellow one is her 1st litter almost like 2 months ago. Wah only tak sampai 2 bulan pregnant again and gives birth liao. So fast one meh?

Name:	1st h cats.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	2719

Name:	1st h cats (1).jpg
Views:	78
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	2720

Name:	1st h cats (2).jpg
Views:	85
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	2721

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Exotics Breeder

Kulaifornia_Cattery is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Kulaifornia_Cattery
Default My Calico Exotic Cat

This is Baby Zara, my Calico exotic shorthair cat.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1010515.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	2846   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010518.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	2847   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010525.jpg
Views:	80