Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Discuss the latest movies, tv shows, and what turns you into a couch potato

Old 06-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Tok Penghulu

Penghulu is on a distinguished road
Default Movies review

Guys, You all can review it here in 1 single thread...Sian aku tengok June dok bukak banyak thread pasal Movies.

NOW SHOWING
COMING SOON
AND
REVIEW

Terminator Salvation

Terminator Salvation Trailer

Terminator Salvation

Reviewed by: Scott Chitwood
Rating: 7.5 out of 10

Cast:

Christian Bale as John Connor
Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright
Moon Bloodgood as Blair Williams
Helena Bonham Carter as Dr. Serena Kogan
Anton Yelchin as Kyle Reese
Jadagrace as Star
Bryce Dallas Howard as Kate Connor
Common as Barnes
Jane Alexander as Virginia
Michael Ironside as General Ashdown
Ivan G'Vera as General Losenko
Chris Browning as Morrison
Dorian Nkono as David
Beth Bailey as Lisa
Victor J. Ho as Mark

Summary:

New characters, new robots, and lots of action make "Terminator Salvation" a film well worth checking out. A weak ending definitely leaves audiences on a sour note, but ties to the original films add some fun touches.

Story:

In the year 2018, humanity finds itself in the inevitable fight for survival against Skynet. And while John Connor was predicted to lead mankind to salvation, he's not quite there yet. He's a low ranking officer in the human resistance forced to carry out orders that he doesn't entirely believe in. This is underlined by a disastrous raid on a Skynet communications base that hides a secret – something even John's mother didn't know about.

Following this raid, a lone man emerges from the ruins - Marcus Wright. Marcus was a prisoner executed in 2003, yet he finds himself inexplicably dumped in the middle of the post-Judgment Day world. As he wanders into the ruins of Los Angeles, he meets his first Terminator and his first fellow human survivor – Kyle Reese. Marcus soon finds his fate intertwined with that of Kyle and John, but can this former death row inmate find a second chance among the remnants of civilization?

"Terminator Salvation" is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and language.

What Worked:

I’m a big "Terminator" fan, so I was very anxious to see how this movie turned out. While it does have a number of problems, it's overall a movie worth seeing. There were several big questions going into this film. The first was whether or not McG could pull off a dark, gritty, action adventure. I think the answer is yes. I don't think he has to worry about "Charlie's Angels" hanging around his neck anymore. The other question was whether or not a "Terminator" movie could be any good without Arnold Schwarzenegger. I think again the answer is yes, but Arnie certainly does help. (More on that later.)

They did a lot right with this movie. First of all, setting it post-Judgment Day was a good move. It got away from the overused time travel plot and took the movie into new territory. I really enjoyed the post-apocalyptic setting. The destroyed cities, car littered highways, and rag-tag survivors gave the movie a look and feel you don't see in too many films.

The other advantage of putting it in the future is that it gives you a chance to meet a whole new batch of robots. You see the Frankenstein-like T-600, the Transformer-like Harvester, the hydrobots, the Moto-Terminators, and more. This gives the movie a whole new batch of baddies and things to run away from. I particularly liked the unsettling, robotic base note emitted by the Harvester and the robots. It was reminiscent of the scary sound made by the Tripods in Spielberg's "War of the Worlds." But the thing I really liked was how they took full advantage of CG technology to animate the T-700's and T-800's. When a T-700 robot cut in half attacks John Connor, it's very disconcerting. It also emphasizes the fact that a Terminator will never stop trying to kill you. By the time you get to the big finale, you're treated to a lot of great CG T-800 action.

Another good thing about putting it in the future is that you open up the story to a whole new cast of characters. Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright is a great new addition. We are introduced to this new world through his eyes. He has a good mix of darkness and nobility. And when he eventually has to face off with Christian Bale, they're on equal ground. He can grimace with the best of them. I also liked new 'tough chick' Moon Bloodgood as Blair Williams. She's capable of playing with the boys while still being feminine. And while they play returning characters, Anton Yelchin as Kyle Reese and Bryce Dallas Howard as Kate Connor are very good in their respective roles. Then you have Christian Bale as John Connor. He's certainly a worthy Connor and handles himself well in the action scenes and dramatic scenes. While his gravely Batman voice does annoyingly kick in on occasion, overall he delivers a solid performance.

While I give them credit for taking the series in a new direction, some of the tips of the hat to the previous films are the most memorable of the movie. Moments where John listens to audiotapes of Sarah Connor (which she recorded in the first movie) are a fantastic connection with her character. A moment when a character says, "I'll be back" gets cheers from the audience. Brief moments in Elfman's score when he plays the "Terminator" theme are quite cool. And I don't think it's any secret that Arnold Schwarzenegger has a brief cameo in the movie. When he does appear on screen, it's an awesome moment. The audience cheers and it's then that this really starts feeling like a "Terminator" movie. As I said, you don't need Arnold to make a "Terminator" film, but he helps.

What Didn't Work:

On the down side, my biggest gripe is the ending. It simply did not work at all and ended up ruining a lot of what I enjoyed in the rest of the movie. In the original ending leaked online, John Connor died, Marcus' flesh was replaced with Connor's, and Marcus took over as leader of the Resistance. That's not what happens in the theatrical version, but I have to say that was a better ending than what they went with. I won't spoil it here, but in a movie with killer robots and time travel, what they did was quite implausible.

I also felt there were some big inconsistencies in this world. In one scene, a blaring radio can attract a Terminator. In another scene, setting off napalm doesn't bring Skynet down on our heroes. In one scene humans are doing everything they can to hide from Skynet. In another scene they are out in the open staging a major military offensive with dozens of people running around, big jet fighters on runways, and lots of noise. It made Skynet feel like a major looming threat in some scenes and some distant, fallible foe in others. It took away from the sense of desperation and ever-looming threat you expect in the post-Judgment Day world.

The movie also feels quite rushed in a few scenes. For example, John Connor zips from one location to another very quickly and very easily. It seemed more for the sake of running time than flow of the story. In another scene Blair is shooting would-be attackers, then immediately afterwards she's flirting and cuddling up with Marcus. It felt rushed. (And I have to say that if McG had kept in the topless scene with Bloodgood, it would have been gratuitous the way it was set up here.) The rushed pacing was especially apparent as John Connor rather easily infiltrates Skynet in the final act. He gets in so easily that it makes Skynet seem like less of an omnipotent threat than it had been billed as. Part of this may have been by design (I don't want to ruin plot points here), but it didn't work well.

I hate to single out one actor as a weak point, but Common as Barnes definitely didn't work. His line delivery in scenes was so wooden that it made Schwarzenegger in the previous movies look downright animated. Just because someone can rap doesn't mean they can act.

I'm also a huge Danny Elfman fan, but I didn't think his soundtrack worked here. There were some moments where it shined, but overall it was quite generic. Some of the best moments were where he revisited the original "Terminator" theme.

I should also add that my enjoyment of this movie might have been taken down a notch because I knew the whole plot going in. I visited the set last year and had the entire plot laid out for me when there, which was unusual. So I knew every twist, turn, and surprise in advance. I wonder if I had experienced it first on the big screen if I would have bumped up my rating a notch... or bumped it down. I'm sure you guys will tell me if I was being too hard or too soft on it.

The Bottom Line:

I feel like this movie was significantly better than "Terminator 3," but still well below the quality of "Terminator 2." That being said, I'd definitely want to see more adventures with these characters in a sequel. Bring on "Terminator 5"!

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

Night At The Museum 2 Official Trailer HQ

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

Reviewed by: Edward Douglas
Rating: 6.5 out of 10

Cast:

Ben Stiller as Larry Daley
Amy Adams as Amelia Earhart
Owen Wilson as Jedediah Smith
Hank Azaria as Kahmunrah / The Thinker / Abe Lincoln
Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt
Christopher Guest as Ivan the Terrible
Alain Chabat as Napoleon Bonaparte
Steve Coogan as Octavius
Ricky Gervais as Dr. McPhee
Bill Hader as General George Armstrong Custer
Jon Bernthal as Al Capone
Patrick Gallagher as Attila the Hun
Jake Cherry as Nicky Daley
Rami Malek as Ahkmenrah
Mizuo Peck as Sacajawea
Jay Baruchel as Sailor Joey Motorola
Mindy Kaling as Docent
Keith Powell as Tuskegee Airman #1
Craig Robinson as Tuskegee Airman #2
Clint Howard as Air and Space Mission Control Tech #1
Matty Finochio as Air and Space Mission Control Tech #2
George Foreman as Himself
Brad Garrett as Easter Island Head (voice)
Eugene Levy as Albert Einstein (voice)

Directed by Shawn Levy

Summary:

While not necessarily as funny as the first movie, there are enough clever ideas in the historical figures and museum exhibits brought to life that the sequel is able to eventually justify its existence.

Story:

Years after leaving his job as night guard at the Museum of Natural History, Larry Daley (Ben Stiller) is contacted by his living museum exhibit pals, who have been transferred to the National Archives in Washington D.C. for storage. Apparently, the troublesome Capuchin monkey has stolen the Egyptian tablet that brings the exhibits at the Smithsonian to life, including the evil Pharaoh Kahmunrah (Hank Azaria), who is planning to use it to take over the world. With the help of his friends, including new acquaintances Amelia Earhart (Amy Adams) and General Custer (Bill Hader), Larry must put a stop to the Pharaoh's plans.

Analysis:

"Night at the Museum" probably wasn't one of Ben Stiller's better movies, but it's hard not to admire the entertainment value in its high concept premise of bringing museum exhibits of well-known historical figures to life and watching Stiller interact with them. Anyone going into its sequel expecting more of the same probably won't be entirely disappointed, because along with expected callbacks from the first movie, there's enough new characters and gags to keep it from merely being a repeat. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's better though.

The first thing that might be hard to get past is the ridiculous plot device used to change locations, which is essentially that the director of the Museum of Natural History--Ricky Gervais playing it much snarkier than he did in the first movie--has decided to replace all the exhibits with hi-tech hologram displays, so they've been packed up and sent to Washington, D.C. Stiller's Larry Daley is no longer a night guard, but he's called back into action when he gets a call from Jebediah (Owen Wilson) that they need his help. While the location may have changed, the premise is generally the same, with a mystical Egyptian totem bringing museum exhibits to life, this time at the much larger Smithsonian and the National Archives beneath it. Going in knowing exactly what to expect doesn't help to make it very exciting when things start to come to life, and it takes a lot longer for this sequel to get going, because there's so much set-up involved in getting Larry and his friends down to D.C.

Like this weekend's other big movie "Terminator Salvation," the movie relies on a star who ends up being the movie's weakest link, Stiller not being fully on his game, even compared to the last movie. Maybe it's because he's once again stuck playing the hapless straightman to the exhibits and animals, his only job being to react to them, rather than being able to bring his own sense of humor to the game. Likewise, Hank Azaria plays the main baddie in such a ridiculous manner, complete with an effeminate lisp that it's almost unbearable to watch him at times, even if it's not quite as painful as Mike Myers "The Love Guru" (close though).

Carla Gugino is nowhere to be found, but she's suitably replaced as the love interest by Amy Adams' Amelia Earhart, a sassy adventure-loving woman who retains the slang of the era. It's a fun character and the most prominent one to the story next to Stiller and Azaria. Adams really brings the most to the movie as she forces Stiller to up his game, and it certainly doesn't hurt that she spends the entire film wearing skin-tight aviator pants that will guarantee a lot of happy fathers if they're dragged to see this over the holiday weekend. Also added to the mix is Bill Hader as General Custer, a daffy and cowardly version of the war hero whose gags seem to be veer towards Steve Martin "Pink Panther" territory.

Even though so much of the sequel is about reusing some of the same gags that worked so well in the first movie, a lot of the original characters end up having to take a back seat to the new ones. The skeletal dinosaur Rex is only really seen at the very beginning and the end, replaced this time by a giant octopus and other masterfully-created CG creatures. Robin Williams' horse-riding Teddy Roosevelt also stays behind, though they find a way to allow Williams to show up for a brief scene where he's allowed to do his usual schpiel. As far as the rest of the returning characters, Steve Coogan's Octavius gets more laughs than Owen Wilson's Jedediah, as the tiny "frenemies" from the previous movie spend much of the movie apart, Coogan having some genuinely funny moments whenever he's on screen, compared to Wilson, who spends a lot of the time caught in an hour glass half-buried in sand.

Director Shawn Levy and his team do a great job with the CG FX and the overall visuals of the film, particularly in the action sequences, and they introduce a number of highly clever ideas to the mix, particularly when we see famous paintings and sculptures brought to life, and taking the characters into the famous V-day photo "The Kiss." Otherwise, Rodin's muscle-headed statue The Thinker isn't nearly as entertaining as the Easter Island head, and the Albert Einstein bobbleheads (voiced by Eugene Levy) don't do very much for the story. There are plenty of other fun surprises, many of which have sadly started showing up in the latest commercials maybe because Fox knows they're the best things going for the sequel.

The movie really gears up the excitement factor when the heroes venture over to the Air and Space Museum, and we get a scene of all the vintage airplanes and spaceships brought to life, and when the historical figures all come together in a final battle, it's much easier to understand why this premise is such strong fodder for entertainment. The last half hour does a good job saving what was looking like a complete dud up until that point.

The Bottom Line:

It takes a long time for this sequel to get going and it never quite finds its comic footing, but kids will probably love it--they might even learn a thing or two--and parents should find a couple things to keep them from getting completely bored. Ultimately, it's Amy Adams and Shawn Levy's FX team who save the day, and one expects the sequel will drive as much traffic to the Smithsonian as its predecessor did to the Museum of Natural History.

'Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian' Movie Review

By Rebecca Murray,

Night at the Museum:

Battle of the Smithsonian has bigger effects and the setting is of a much grander scale than 2006's Night at the Museum. There's more room to stage chase scenes and many more historical figures/pieces of art available to come alive by moving the film's venue from New York's Museum of National History to the Smithsonian complex in Washington D.C. 20th Century Fox accomplished the near impossible by being allowed to film inside the Smithsonian, yet they failed to take full advantage of the setting.
With so much new to play around with, there should be no reason for Night at the Museum #2 to feel like a rerun of Museum #1, right? Wrong. There's even a lengthy monkey-slapping scene in #2, just like there was in the first movie. Granted, this time there are two monkeys. And twice the monkeys should equal twice the fun, but not so with Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.

The Smithsonian setting does allow a few really quirky, cute interactions with famous works of art. The most engaging of these being our hero Larry escaping with his helper Amelia Earhart into the famous Alfred Eisenstaedt photo of a soldier planting a kiss on a nurse in Times Square on V-J Day. That, and a touching scene with the Tuskegee Airmen thanking Amelia Earhart for her groundbreaking accomplishments, do set this one apart from the original. But there's a lot of retreaded material in here that seems just barely reworked for this sequel.

The Story

We catch up with Larry the Night Watchman after he's moved on from his job at the museum to being a rich inventor of semi-useful products. He's pretty much forgotten about his friends at the museum, but when his old buddies are crated up to be shipped to the Smithsonian's warehouse where they'll languish for eternity (or until someone cleans the place and tosses them out), Larry comes to their rescue. The tablet that brought them to life in NY didn't make the trip, but as luck would have it there's another tablet already housed in the Smithsonian's warehouse that has the same magical powers. Unfortunately, the guy who possesses this tablet, Kahmunrah (the older brother of NY's tablet owner), uses its powers for evil.
Kahmunrah's collecting henchmen (i.e. Napoleon, Ivan the Terrible, Al Capone) to help him open up a passageway between worlds so he can bring forth his army of bird warriors. The gang from NY are ready to fight, but they're being held prisoner in a shipping container for most of the film. Meanwhile Larry, Amelia Earhart, the monkeys, some Einstein bobble heads, and the Statue of Abraham Lincoln are left to figure out how to stop Kahmunrah and save the day.

Ben Stiller slips into his night watchman uniform once again, delivering pretty much the same level of performance as in the first Night at the Museum movie. If you liked him in that, you'll like him in this. If not, well then why watch this sequel? It's more Larry-centric than the first movie so if Stiller's not your cup of tea, pass on Museum 2.
Robin Williams is back but barely used, Owen Wilson and Steve Coogan have expanded roles as the tiny cowboy and Roman soldier tag team, and even Ricky Gervais puts in an appearance again as the curator of NY's museum. And they all do what you expect them to do with the material, though Wilson and Coogan don't seem to be having as much fun this time around.
From just checking out the trailers I thought Hank Azaria was going to annoy me to no end as the Egyptian Kahmunrah, but he's actually more entertaining to watch than Stiller or the rest of the returning Night cast. However, his performance doesn't hold a candle to Amy Adams as Amelia Earhart. I don't know if Adams is playing her anything like the real Amelia, but it's a blast to watch Adams get all sassy as the world's most famous female aviator.

The Bottom Line

There's a batch of other actors thrown into the mix (Christopher Guest, Alain Chabat, Bill Hader, etc) without being given much to do, and way too much time is spent on scenes that are only sort of cute but go absolutely nowhere. Two different scenes have Stiller being threatened if he crosses an imaginary line when one would have been just fine. And we've seen the Easter Island statue or whatever it is make rhymes out of dum dum a couple of times already so enough is enough. With so little time to devote to so many new characters, chopping out a few dum dums wouldn't have harmed the movie whatsoever. I know I'm nitpicking, but I wanted something fresh, something original out of this sequel, and instead it's mostly recycled material.
Kids should still get a kick out of this Museum, but adults may have a harder time finding something worth laughing at this time around.

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian was directed by Shawn Levy and is rated PG for mild action and brief language.

Theatrical Release Date: May 22, 2009

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen Official REAL HD Movie

Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen - Final Trailer

Film Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
BY DAVID EDWARDS ON JUN 19, 09 12:01 AM IN FILM

Cert 12A, 150mins, 2/5

Two years after the eardrum-assaulting first instalment, Michael Bay's 'bots return for more decibel-laden carnage in this summer's first bona fide blockbuster.
Big, loud and definitely not clever, it's a giant, lumbering idiot of a movie that, were it not for all the explosions, would send the most devoted action fans to sleep.
With a yawning hole where the plot should be, a cast chosen for their looks rather than their acting chops and nothing to offer except stuff blowing up, what we have is two hours of director Bay banging toys together.
Less a movie and more an action-figure advertorial, Shia LaBeouf returns as teenager Sam Witwicky who, you may recall, saved the world in the first film by teaming up with the shapeshifting Autobots against the evil Decepticons.
When we catch up with him, Sam is heading to university, leaving behind his fretting parents and his unbelievably hot girlfriend Mikaela (Megan Fox).
Meanwhile in Washington, the Pentagon is hunting down and eliminating the remaining Decepticons. But when Sam discovers a piece of the mythical Allspark, an ancient artefact that gives the Transformers life, battle is rejoined with Autobot leader Optimus Prime taking on the Decepticons' boss Megatron.
Bigger, brasher and noisier than anything you've seen, it's certainly a visual spectacle with great special effects. Right from the off, Bay wastes no time in showing us what a $200m movie looks like with a spectacular face-off in Shanghai involving a gigantic shape-shifting unicycle.
Later, when the action moves to the Middle East, there's an almighty mêlée that'll appeal to everyone's inner idiot.
Thing is, none of it really hits home since nobody's bothered with a storyline - it's just a series of battles held together with the ropiest of dialogue.
As far as acting goes, LaBeouf is reliably dreadful, while Fox wears little more than cut-off jeans and a pout. At least John Turturro brings something to the table as a crackpot conspiracy theorist.
Make sure you take your earplugs.

The Final Destination (2009)

The Final Destination (2009) - Trailer

The Final Destination

Release Date: August 28, 2009
Studio: New Line Cinema (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Director: David R. Ellis
Screenwriter: Eric Bress
Starring: Bobby Campo, Shantel VanSanten, Krista Allen, Mykelti Williamson, Haley Webb, Nick Zano, Andrew Fiscella, Richard T. Jones
Genre: Horror
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: TheFinalDestinationmovie.com
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available

Plot Summary:

On what should have been a fun-filled day at the races, Nick O'Bannon has a horrific premonition in which a bizarre sequence of events causes multiple race cars to crash, sending flaming debris into the stands, brutally killing his friends and causing the upper deck of the stands to collapse on him. When he comes out of this grisly nightmare Nick panics, persuading his girlfriend, Lori, and their friends, Janet and Hunt, to leave... escaping seconds before Nick's frightening vision becomes a terrible reality. Thinking they've cheated death, the group has a new lease on life, but unfortunately for Nick and Lori, it is only the beginning. As his premonitions continue and the crash survivors begin to die one-by-one--in increasingly gruesome ways--Nick must figure out how to cheat death once and for all before he, too, reaches his final destination. The film marks the latest in the highly popular "Final Destination" series, and its first 3D installment, giving horror fans an especially visceral thrill ride.

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs Teaser 1 [HD]

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Release Date: July 1, 2009
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Carlos Saldanha, Michael Thurmeier
Screenwriter: Michael Berg, Peter Ackerman
Starring: Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary, Simon Pegg, Queen Latifah
Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy, Family
MPAA Rating: PG (for some mild rude humor and peril)
Official Website: IceAgemovie.com

Plot Summary:

The sub-zero heroes from the worldwide blockbusters "Ice Age" and "Ice Age: The Meldown" are back, on an incredible adventure...for the ages. Scrat is still trying to nab the ever-elusive nut (while, maybe, finding true love); Manny and Ellie await the birth of their mini-mammoth, Sid the sloth gets into trouble when he creates his own makeshift family by hijacking some dinosaur eggs; and Diego the saber-toothed tiger wonders if he's growing too "soft" hanging with his pals. On a mission to rescue the hapless Sid, the gang ventures into a mysterious underground world, where they have some close encounters with dinosaurs, battle flora and fauna run amuck - and meet a relentless, one-eyed, dino-hunting weasel named Buck.

Public Enemies

Public Enemies in (HD)

Public Enemies

Release Date: July 1, 2009
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Michael Mann
Screenwriter: Ronan Bennett, Michael Mann, Ann Biderman, Mark St. Germain
Starring: Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, Marion Cotillard, Giovanni Ribisi, Billy Crudup, Stephen Dorff, Rory Cochrane, Stephen Lang, David Wenham, Stephen Graham, Channing Tatum, Jason Clarke
Genre: Action, Thriller
MPAA Rating: R (for gangster violence and some language)
Official Website: PublicEnemies.net

Plot Summary:

In the action-thriller "Public Enemies," acclaimed filmmaker Michael Mann directs Johnny Depp, Christian Bale and Academy Award® winner Marion Cotillard in the story of legendary Depression-era outlaw John Dillinger (Depp)—the charismatic bank robber whose lightning raids made him the number one target of J. Edgar Hoover's fledgling FBI and its top agent, Melvin Purvis (Bale), and a folk hero to much of the downtrodden public.

No one could stop Dillinger and his gang. No jail could hold him. His charm and audacious jailbreaks endeared him to almost everyone—from his girlfriend Billie Frechette (Cotillard) to an American public who had no sympathy for the banks that had plunged the country into the Depression.

But while the adventures of Dillinger's gang—later including the sociopathic Baby Face Nelson (Stephen Graham) and Alvin Karpis (Giovanni Ribisi)—thrilled many, Hoover (Billy Crudup) hit on the idea of exploiting the outlaw's capture as a way to elevate his Bureau of Investigation into the national police force that became the FBI. He made Dillinger America's first Public Enemy Number One and sent in Purvis, the dashing "Clark Gable of the FBI."

However, Dillinger and his gang outwitted and outgunned Purvis' men in wild chases and shootouts. Only after importing a crew of Western ex-lawmen (newly baptized as agents) and orchestrating epic betrayals—from the infamous "Lady in Red" to the Chicago crime boss Frank Nitti—were Purvis, the FBI and their new crew of gunfighters able to close in on Dillinger.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (All 5 Trailers) (HD)

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Release Date: July 15, 2009 (conventional theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: David Yates
Screenwriter: Steven Kloves
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Jim Broadbent, Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Timothy Spall, David Thewlis, Julie Walters, David Bradley, Jessie Cave, Frank Dillane, Tom Felton, Matthew Lewis, Evanna Lynch, Helen McCrory, Natalia Tena, Hero Fiennes Tiffin, Bonnie Wright
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
MPAA Rating: PG (for scary images, some violence, language and mild sensuality)
Official Website: HarryPotter.com

Plot Summary:

Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Together they work to find the key to unlock Voldemort's defenses and, to this end, Dumbledore recruits his old friend and colleague, the well-connected and unsuspecting bon vivant Professor Horace Slughorn, whom he believes holds crucial information. Meanwhile, the students are under attack from a very different adversary as teenage hormones rage across the ramparts. Harry finds himself more and more drawn to Ginny, but so is Dean Thomas. And Lavender Brown has decided that Ron is the one for her, only she hadn’t counted on Romilda Vane's chocolates! And then there's Hermione, simpering with jealously but determined not to show her feelings. As romance blossoms, one student remains aloof. He is determined to make his mark, albeit a dark one. Love is in the air, but tragedy lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again.

Toy Story 3

Toy Story 3 teaser trailer 1080p HD

Toy Story 3

Release Date: June 18, 2010 (Disney Digital 3-D)
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar Animation Studios
Director: Lee Unkrich
Screenwriter: Michael Arndt
Starring: Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack, Don Rickles, Wallace Shawn, Estelle Harris, John Ratzenberger, Ned Beatty, Jodi Benson, Michael Keaton
Genre: Adventure, Animation, Comedy, Family, Fantasy
Official Website: Disney.com/ToyStory
Movie Poster: View here
Production Stills: View here

Plot Summary:

The creators of the beloved "Toy Story" films re-open the toy box and bring moviegoers back to the delightful world of Woody, Buzz and our favorite gang of toy characters in "Toy Story 3." Lee Unkrich (co-director of "Toy Story 2" and "Finding Nemo") directs this highly anticipated film, and Michael Arndt, the Academy Award®-winning screenwriter of "Little Miss Sunshine," brings his unique talents and comedic sensibilities to the proceedings.

MJ

Last edited by Penghulu; 06-23-2009 at 01:21 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-23-2009, 01:07 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Simistri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Movies review

siap ambik cuti nak layan filem nie, layan panggung wayang yang tak glamour sebab area yang glamor-glamor banyak yang dah sold out, nie pun jenuh nak dapatkan tempat yang best.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Movies review

Punyalah semangat ko bro. aku tunggu bulan depan bila craze dah reda baru tgk

aiseymen!! my peberet broody actor,Christian Bale dlm Public Enemy.tak blh tinggal ni,mesti tengok punya juga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simistri View Post

siap ambik cuti nak layan filem nie, layan panggung wayang yang tak glamour sebab area yang glamor-glamor banyak yang dah sold out, nie pun jenuh nak dapatkan tempat yang best.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point

Waa Best nyer Tuk Penghulu!!... siap ada movie review!! Pas ni tengok sini jer la kan... Up datenyer 2 minggu sekali ker? hehehe... Kalau la leh bole terus beli tiket kat sini kan best.... click je thread terus booking ticket...wakaka... Syabas Tuk Penghulu!!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:12 PM
PetFinder Guru

noor22710 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to noor22710

Nak tunggu Transformer...
Old 07-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Tok Penghulu

Penghulu is on a distinguished road

Aliens in the Attic

Release Date: July 31, 2009
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: John Schultz
Screenwriter: Mark Burton, Adam F. Goldberg
Starring: Kevin Nealon, Robert Hoffman, Doris Roberts, Tim Meadows, Ashley Tisdale
Genre: Adventure, Comedy
Official Website: TheyCameFromUpstairs.com

Plot Summary:

"Aliens in the Attic," co-scripted by one of the writers of "Madagascar" and the Academy Award®-winning "Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were Rabbits," is an adventure/comedy about kids on a family vacation who must fight off an attack by knee-high alien invaders with world-destroying ambitions--while the youngsters' parents remain clueless about the battle.

Halloween II

Release Date: August 28, 2009
Studio: Dimension Films (The Weinstein Company)
Director: Rob Zombie
Screenwriter: Rob Zombie
Starring: Scout Taylor-Compton, Tyler Mane, Danielle Harris, Daniel Roebuck, Ezra Buzzington, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Jeffrey Daniel Phillips, Dayton Callie, Richard Brake, Matt Bush, Howard Hesseman
Genre: Horror, Suspense Thriller
Official Website: Halloween2-movie.com

Plot Summary:

It's that time of year again, and Michael Myers has returned home to sleepy Haddonfield, Illinois to take care of some unfinished family business. Unleashing a trail of terror that only horror master Rob Zombie can, Myers will stop at nothing to bring closure to the secrets of his twisted past. But the town's got an unlikely new hero, if they can only stay alive long enough to stop the unstoppable.

MJ

Last edited by Penghulu; 07-10-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Animal Lover

Default Movies review

Semalam dah tengok Public Enemies.best giler tak sesuai utk org2 yg jiwa lembut cerita ni sanggup tahan diri dari ke toilet.takut tertinggal scene
Old 07-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Semalam dah tengok Public Enemies.best giler tak sesuai utk org2 yg jiwa lembut cerita ni sanggup tahan diri dari ke toilet.takut tertinggal scene
Wakaka... Pakcu pun dah tgk 5 mlm lepas kut kat Alamanda, show 12.30am sampai umah kul 3 pagi... Memang best giler... rasa-rasanya ada chance utk Oscar..
Old 07-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Animal Lover

Default Movies review

rasanya mmg ada peluang utk nomination Oscar Pakcu.mmg best cite ni.nak lg base on true story.bergaya sungguh si Johnny Depp jd penyangak.cool je.jgnlah lepas ni ramai pula yg pakat nak jd penyangak bergaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgraldo View Post
Wakaka... Pakcu pun dah tgk 5 mlm lepas kut kat Alamanda, show 12.30am sampai umah kul 3 pagi... Memang best giler... rasa-rasanya ada chance utk Oscar..
Old 07-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
rasanya mmg ada peluang utk nomination Oscar Pakcu.mmg best cite ni.nak lg base on true story.bergaya sungguh si Johnny Depp jd penyangak.cool je.jgnlah lepas ni ramai pula yg pakat nak jd penyangak bergaya
Hehe... mintak2ler jgn yg ada mcm tu. Pakcu pun dah tgk Ice Age 3 tu, kelakar habis... Lepas ni tak tau nak tunggu apa lagi... Harry Potter (Huh... Pakcu not a fan of HP actually but we'll see...hehe)
Old 08-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Animal Lover

Default Movies review

Semalam tgk G.I Joe.hampas betul cerita tu.sound track je gempak.kuciwa betullah dgn jln ceritanya.hero pula bangang nak mampus.org sibuk berlawan dia sibuk bercinta & jiwang. rugi rasa bayar RM22 utk 2 tkt.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Pets Lover

Yana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Semalam tgk G.I Joe.hampas betul cerita tu.sound track je gempak.kuciwa betullah dgn jln ceritanya.hero pula bangang nak mampus.org sibuk berlawan dia sibuk bercinta & jiwang. rugi rasa bayar RM22 utk 2 tkt.
baru igt nk g tgk. rupenye x bes....