Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 09-24-2010, 10:16 AM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dogs killed because they were hungry? yet birds rescued as they were underfed? Justice?

Yes I agree with midnightmaiden, please don't generalise us Malays or Muslims...

If we don't care why bother opening this thread right.? There are other dog haters in this world not only Malays. Like midnightmaiden said, one person can make a differance...don't give up now, ok...a true quiter is somebody who don't even have a gut to try. Belom apa2 dah menyerah kalah dah...

Please don't drag racism or religion on this issue. Peace!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Animal Lover

shax2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dogs killed because they were hungry? yet birds rescued as they were underfed? Justice?

Dont feel the pain as Malay is mentioned in this case. Just this case we are perticular about. The enforcers are Malay.

Other races also hate dogs is just because they are brought up with that mentality & culture. Hating Dogs for whatsoever reason. U are Muslims & Malay but u dont hate dogs. Good example. U have a clear & good mind not like the others. Thats all. We always refer to this case. I am not racist or anything. Dont be sensitive.

No issue of religion or race is blamed here, it is just "Mentality & Culture".
Old 09-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntum View Post
Yes I agree with midnightmaiden, please don't generalise us Malays or Muslims...

If we don't care why bother opening this thread right.? There are other dog haters in this world not only Malays. Like midnightmaiden said, one person can make a differance...don't give up now, ok...a true quiter is somebody who don't even have a gut to try. Belom apa2 dah menyerah kalah dah...

Please don't drag racism or religion on this issue. Peace!
Right, people, we are talking about "enlightened" and "educated" people vs. "unenlightened" and "uneducated" people here, irregardless of race and religion ... to be honest, many people interprete their own religion differently, and many interprete it to their own convenience and apply/obey only those areas which are convenient to them and ignore/turn a blind eye to other areas ... and also some people actually have no religion even though they use and talk religion right and left.

Cruelty and lack of compassion knows no race or religion.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 09-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

they are not better off than the murderers..!!!

their excuses are so lame...

any dog or any living thing will have that aggressiveness when they are hungry...... so am I

but it doesnt have a rights just for you to put them down....killing them just like that :( they kill stocks because they were hungry... its survival!

they have a life like any of us ...
Old 09-24-2010, 01:09 PM
PetFinder Guru

shahcats is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shax2 View Post
Just simple reason, we live in Malaysia. Most Malays hate dogs, so just put the dogs to sleep and case closed. Dont need to waste time & think so hard on what to do with the dogs.

We cannot change anything, stop wasting your time sending protest email to whoever or whatever. You cannot change their mentality. They wake up hating dogs and will kill every dog until the day they die. They grow up with the wrong mentality & culture from the day they were borned. I am not racist it has nothing to do with Muslim or any religion. And may God / Allah bless for those who treasure the life of animals and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shax2 View Post
Dont feel the pain as Malay is mentioned in this case. Just this case we are perticular about. The enforcers are Malay.

Other races also hate dogs is just because they are brought up with that mentality & culture. Hating Dogs for whatsoever reason. U are Muslims & Malay but u dont hate dogs. Good example. U have a clear & good mind not like the others. Thats all. We always refer to this case. I am not racist or anything. Dont be sensitive.

No issue of religion or race is blamed here, it is just "Mentality & Culture".
u said nothing to do with race and religion..but u simply mention we living in malaysia..most malays hate dog..the enforcer are malay..
well said then!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Guys, let's keep this in its perspective and don't drag racism or religion into it. It's got nothing to do with either issues. Any further reference to race or religion may be removed.

First, I have Malay Muslim friends who were totally shocked and disgusted when I highlighted this in my FB account. They think it's extremely cruel.

Second, it's not just Malay Muslims who hate dogs or other animals. Look around you. In the whole world, there are many people who abuse animals, torture them, kill them in the name of "fun". So, let's stay on topic.

Now, it is true that even when a supposedly civilised human being is starved, he/she can turn aggressive. During the holocaust in Nazi German time, filial, loving children turned on their parents in the concentration camps, beating the parents to death just to grab a crumb of bread from them. It's the survival instinct kicking in. (read "Night" by Elie Wiesel)
Old 09-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

This color photo is sure to cause great emotional distress to genuine dog lovers, especially Rottie owners, as well as any animal lover or human being that truly and genuinely values life.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 09-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Animal Lover

Miki Satohara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Right, people, we are talking about "enlightened" and "educated" people vs. "unenlightened" and "uneducated" people here, irregardless of race and religion ...
agreeable.

So how do we as the higher context being, 'educate' these lower context being?

I've seen some comments about this issue in the star. Let's see what are the replies from reps of the authorities?

Any other ideas?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Dear all,

Four posts had been removed as they contained sensitive points pertaining to racial/religious issues. Those points were not hostile in nature, but could potentially be used by malicious people to cause arguments.

We understand the well-meaning and good intentions of some of those posts and it is out of necessary precaution that they were removed, too.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:04 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

i compile public reactions to the matter:

Quote:
Perak turf club slams council over dog-killing
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...732&sec=nation
PETALING JAYA: Animal lovers in the Perak horse-racing fraternity have condemned the Kuala Langat District Council for putting to sleep nine dogs at a farm where cosmetics millionaire Datuk Sosilawati Lawiya and three others were allegedly murdered.

The Perak Turf Club said in a statement that the killing of the dogs by the council was inhumane.

“Have the authorities exhausted all avenues before the decision was made to put them down? Why didn’t they contact the Veterinary Services Department or any other animal welfare organisation to look at other options?” it said yesterday.

Ongoing probe: Police personnel driving out of a farm belonging to the main suspect in the murder of Sosilawati and three others in Ladang Gandong, Tanjung Sepat, near Kuala Langat yesterday. — Bernama
It was reported on Sunday that the district council officers had put down six Rottweilers, two Dalmations and a bulldog because the animals had allegedly become aggressive.

Police had earlier asked the officers to remove the dogs from the farm.

The move by the officers has incurred the wrath of various animal welfare groups and Selangor Local Government Committee chairman Ronnie Liu has said guidelines would be issued against the indiscriminate killing of animals soon.

The turf club said it could not accept the council’s excuse that the dogs had killed livestock in the farm.

“As animal lovers, we are aware that the dogs were neglected and hungry when several suspects were detained by the police,” it added.

Meanwhile, in Kuala Langat, police again brought five suspects to the poultry farm where Sosilawati and three others were allegedly murdered.

Earlier, police had brought the main suspect to his law firm.

They did not enter the firm but inspected a parking lot near it.]
Quote:
Guidelines soon to curb cruelty to animals
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...828&sec=nation
PETALING JAYA: The Selangor Government will issue guidelines against the indiscriminate treatment of pets in a fortnight, said state Local Government Committee chairman Ronnie Liu.

He said the guidelines would include compound penalties against pet owners who act irresponsibly or are careless in the care of their animals.

“I am shocked and disappointed to hear about the nine dogs that were put to sleep by the authorities last Sunday.

“The animals should have been captured, tranquilised and sent to animal protection centres such as the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) in Selangor,” Liu said in a statement yesterday.

It was reported on Sunday that Kuala Langat District Council officers had put down the pedigree dogs at the farm where cosmetics millionaire Datuk Sosilawati Lawiya and three others were allegedly murdered.

The officers said that they put down the dogs — six Rottweilers, two Dalmations and a bulldog — because the animals reacted aggressively.

Sources said police had earlier asked the officers to remove the dogs from the farm.
Quote:
Why kill the dogs at Sg Gadung farm?

Once again, our local councils have proven to be completely inhumane and unprofessional in their conduct by killing the dogs that were at the farm in Sg Gadung.

I believe that the move to cull the animals by the district officers was completely unjustified, and I am still reeling with shock and horror from this gruesome killings.

These poor animals were probably in a heightened state of anxiety from being “abandoned” and I am sure they have not been cared for properly since the arrest of the two lawyer brothers.

Their aggression could have purely been due to hunger.

In addition, the recent events at the farm where hosts of unfamiliar people were present combing the area for clues and evidence would have also put the animals in a highly stressed environment. The dogs may have been trying to protect their territory, which is perfectly normal, and this could have been misconstrued as “aggression” by the district officers.

These officers were in no position to determine whether the dogs were in fact aggressive and beyond rehabilitation as I am sure they are not experts in animal behaviour. The SPCA or the DVS should definitely have been called in to assess the situation before such drastic measures were taken.

Surely the Kuala Langat District Council’s actions must be deemed as gross cruelty towards these helpless animals.

Having worked for an international animal shelter (The May hew Animal Home in Lon don) over the last two years, I am highly disturbed by the fact that Malay sia seems to always be in the news (even internationally) for cases such as this – where animals are treated in the most despicable and inhumane manner.

Is this the view that we would like to present to the world – that we are an uncaring and abusive society?

I would like to call upon the Government to review the laws and legislation with regard to animal welfare and impose stiffer and heavier penalties on those who abuse animals, and on those who abuse their powers when it comes to the handling of animals.

As Mahatma Gandhi once said, “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

It is clear that Malaysia is still a long way from being a great nation with high morals.

NATASAH FERNZ,
Animal welfare activist,
Kuala Lumpur.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...3592&sec=focus
Old 09-25-2010, 10:52 PM
PetFinder Guru

adrianng87 is on a distinguished road

good words from NATASAH FERNZ! i like~
thanks to nurkasih for sharing this!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
Kudos to Perhilitan for rescuing the birds after knowing of their existence. I only wish somebody had done the same for these poor dogs.
Oh, I do not think this is really done out the goodness of their (evil) hearts .... those birds can be sold for quite a price, you know ... and it is in the papers that certain Perhilitan officials are being investigated for being involved in illegal wildlife activities.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:10 PM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh, I do not think this is really done out the goodness of their (evil) hearts .... those birds can be sold for quite a price, you know ... and it is in the papers that certain Perhilitan officials are being investigated for being involved in illegal wildlife activities.
Hahaha! Ever the cynic, but you're probably right though, FK. *Sigh*

(Is nothing sacred, these days?)
Old 09-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
Hahaha! Ever the cynic, but you're probably right though, FK. *Sigh*

(Is nothing sacred, these days?)
No, friend, I am not cynical. I am being very realistic and learn to see things hidden and below the surface ... evaluate and analyse things ... connect the dots ...

... we need to develop our detective minds ... remember the Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson and missing tent story?
Old 08-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Animal Lover

freewilly85 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedillingerescapeplan View Post
anjing yang dibunuh itu adalah anjing penzalim yang melindungi tuannya berbuat kezaliman,
sekiranya tuannya ada bersama-sama anjing itu,
ada antara sesiapa yang cuba rapat mengancam kepada tuannya,
anjing-anjing itu lebih cepat sampai menyerang yang cuba mengancam dari tukang bakar orang diskelilinga.
Atau
memang anjing yang ada iutu adalah jenis yang terlatih menyerang orang asalkan memasuki kawasam tanah berkenaan.

Wajib bunuh. Kerana memang di sunnahkan membunuh anjing kecuali yang kita miliki atas tujuan menjaga keselamatan ladang dsb yang bukan jadi pelindung penzalim.

Anjing-anjing liar tidak bertuan, bepenyakit, anjing yang memang di latih berbuat zalim seperti di ladang gadong memang di sunnahkannya untuk dibunuh, kecuali yang keseluruhan jasadnya berwarna hitam disebabkan ia harus jelmaan jin.

Apa yang di sunnahkan oleh nabi saw telah sunnahkan adalah jelas,
tentang perintah membunuh anjing dan pengecualiannya,
sama juga seperti perintah membunuh ular dan pengecualiannya.

Adalah malang jika keturunan islam sengaja bertanya,
apa salah, apa dosa anjing berkenaan,
jangan pula nanti...
Sehingga ada bertanya apa salah dan dosa anjing atau babi !!!
Na'uzubillahiminzalik.
you put all the other non-dog hater-muslims in shame. MAY YOU ROT IN HELL

Last edited by freewilly85; 08-09-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: typing error
Old 08-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki Satohara View Post
Calling the SPCA/PAWS volunteers would've been a better option
No. SPCA will only bug you with "your neighbours are complaining bout your dogs because they bark (when we arrived home from work). Please remove them from your house if not we would come & confiscate them because your neighbours had written a complaint letter to Najib"
Old 08-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
TOTALLY AGREED! what happened to the most expensive bird confiscated from the taman wahyu place? the bird of paradise? PERHILITAN claimed died, did it really die?