Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 07-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Tiger's mom

aida12781 is on a distinguished road
Default Few advice to all....

Dear All...

I rarely visit this website. But each time when i do, the numbers of pet for adoption never decreases eventhough many pets are adopted.
And at the same time, there's always cats/dogs wondering around everywhere in Malaysia without owner. Some of them been hit by cars and just died there in pieces.

Did you know at some other countries where you wont find any pets wondering around at the streets? At states, all pets are in the pet shops waiting to be adopted. if the owner moved and doesnt want their pets anymore, they just send it back to the shop.

And did you know that the pets are all neutered/spayed and only the rightful breeder have the authority/permission to breed their cats.

We as pet owners, have the responsibility to stop this.

We can always neutered/spayed our pets to avoid unneccesarily kitten/puppies. So that we dont have to advertise kitten/puppies to be adopted in this forum. Or worst, just let them wondering around outside.

I have experience in trying to save a kitten life at the middle of the Jalan Tun Razak during peak hours. I was on the bike at that time. The traffic was very bad, and there this one kitten scared to death and running between car tyres trying to find his/her mommy i presume. I ask my husband to stop at the middle of the right lane and cause the traffic worsen. Cars keep on honking at us... at that time my focus is to try to catch the kitten. But the kitten is fast and scared and keep on running away from me. well, lastly i found him smashed at the middle lane. and no one bothers to stop their cars just for the sake of saving the little thing.

So, the morale of the story... dont breed your cat if you have no intention of keeping all of them. Dont assume that all people will adopt you pets and will take good care of it . Pets are commitement for life. Dont throw them away if you're getting pregnant.

Be a responsible owner and we can make a different.

I know most of the people in this forum loves their pet very much. this message is intended to all the people outside of this forum which i need your help in relaying this message to them. Help the furry things as their survival depends on us. Thank You.

p/s- dont forget to vaccine and dewormed all pets.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 AM
PetFinder Guru

jouhari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Few advice to all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aida12781 View Post
Dear All...

Did you know at some other countries where you wont find any pets wondering around at the streets? At states, all pets are in the pet shops waiting to be adopted. if the owner moved and doesnt want their pets anymore, they just send it back to the shop.
Which state or country are you talking about? I assure you thats not the united states or selangor.

Quote:
And did you know that the pets are all neutered/spayed and only the rightful breeder have the authority/permission to breed their cats.
you are talking about full breeds. not street cats

We as pet owners, have the responsibility to stop this.

Quote:
We can always neutered/spayed our pets to avoid unneccesarily kitten/puppies. So that we dont have to advertise kitten/puppies to be adopted in this forum. Or worst, just let them wondering around outside.
Some of us advertise the cats with intentions to help stray cats get new home. Some of us like to share our cats to deserving families. not all us advertise our cats because we dont want them anymore. Giving up kitties makes sense too to avoid inbreeding. without sites like this, people will resort to BUYING cats. Dont get me started on that subject hehehe

Quote:
I have experience in trying to save a kitten life at the middle of the Jalan Tun Razak during peak hours. I was on the bike at that time. The traffic was very bad, and there this one kitten scared to death and running between car tyres trying to find his/her mommy i presume. I ask my husband to stop at the middle of the right lane and cause the traffic worsen. Cars keep on honking at us... at that time my focus is to try to catch the kitten. But the kitten is fast and scared and keep on running away from me. well, lastly i found him smashed at the middle lane. and no one bothers to stop their cars just for the sake of saving the little thing.
Of course cars wil honk at you. How are they going to know you try to save a cat. I see a bike stopped on the right lane during peak hours in KL Id go nuts on my horns too! Riddle me this then, did the cat got killed because it was trying to run away from you? Did you cause someone to get in an accident? Did the police gave you a saman for obstruction?! think you can stop in the middle of the right lane and go chase a cat to it's death?

Quote:
So, the morale of the story... dont breed your cat if you have no intention of keeping all of them. Dont assume that all people will adopt you pets and will take good care of it . Pets are commitement for life. Dont throw them away if you're getting pregnant.
Wrong. When My cats have babies someday, I'll SHARE them with deserving owners. Avoiding inbreeding. You can't keep them all. Think about it. you have a pair of cat. each year they get 2 litters. in one year those litter are now parents. If you keep them all, how many cats will you have in 20 years if they all lived a long happy life? (see also : inbreeding) This website is wonderful! It helps people gain pets. I dont see it as a site to "throw" pets.

Quote:
Be a responsible owner and we can make a different.
preeching to the choir. and the word is "difference".

Quote:
I know most of the people in this forum loves their pet very much. this message is intended to all the people outside of this forum which i need your help in relaying this message to them. Help the furry things as their survival depends on us. Thank You.
Reminds me of school days. Teacher would get angry with the students who ponteng. Who gets to hear ALL about it? the people who was in that class. The people that ponteng are off away doing something better at the time. Budak dalam kelas yg kena.

Quote:
p/s- dont forget to vaccine and dewormed all pets.
please read up more on vaccination. Some vaccines can be dangerous. Deworming is good. unless you have worms for pets. like lots of fishing enthusiast! hahaha

trolling complete.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Tiger's mom

Dear jouhari,

my post here is for sharing my opinion and advice to all. And if you would like to give your opinion, you may do so at another thread.

For your information, i've been to the states (specifically minnesota USA) and to the pet shop itself. so i wont said something which is without proof.

and yes, sometimes i made mistake of my spelling or grammer. but that doesnt really matter in this forum, as what my opinion is more important.

neutering and spaying is actually good for the cat it self, do some research/googled it so you may know what its benefit for the cat.

As for the rest, i'm not interested in arguing with you as it is my own opinion. you may say i'm crazy for trying to saved a cats life, i dont care , cause everything living things deserved a second chance. if you want to keep on breeding your cat, it is non of my business.

i'm not scolding anyone like you mentioned below. like i said, a piece of advice. take it or leave it.

if you dont mind seeing kitten/cats/dogs in pieces at the street everyday, be my guest. i'm here to try to make a "difference".

happy ramadhan to you..
Old 07-20-2012, 07:29 PM
PetFinder Guru

Minnesota? hahaha and you wonder why you dont see pets in the street? really? for those who dont get this joke... you kinna have to understand us geog a bit. 213 for 7 years. ;)

dude, I wasn't arguing.. yeeshh. everyone has to agree with you? and if I dont that means I'm arguing with you? I'll only argue when its worth it :)

no i dont breed cats.

thats all the time im willing to spend on this heh.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Few advice to all....

Selamat Ramadan to you both, Jouhari and Aida!

At the end of the day, I think you both have the same wish: for all cats to live in good, safe homes.

Over-breeding and failure to spay/neuter is the biggest obstacle to this goal. Whether there are stray cats in Minnesota or not (BRRRR!!! So cold!) doesn't alter the fact that each of us in Malaysia sees every day: we have too many cats, not enough homes. And the strays SUFFER -- from cars, illness, stray dogs, cruel humans, etc. People who think they are being compassionate by releasing animals in markets and food courts are, quite bluntly, deluded.

JAKIM has embraced spay/neuter as the most humane option in their 1995 fatwa. Vets consistently state that spay/neuter is best for the health of pets. Klinik Kembiri spays/neuters at bargain-basement costs. Every day, the unfortunate staff at shelters euthanise cats and kittens, dogs and puppies which are every bit as cute and loving as the ones people choose to produce because their own pets are cute and loving. Please, the core of Aida's message is so important -- If you genuinely love animals, spay and neuter your pets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouhari View Post
Minnesota? hahaha and you wonder why you dont see pets in the street? really? for those who dont get this joke... you kinna have to understand us geog a bit. 213 for 7 years. ;)

dude, I wasn't arguing.. yeeshh. everyone has to agree with you? and if I dont that means I'm arguing with you? I'll only argue when its worth it :)

no i dont breed cats.

thats all the time im willing to spend on this heh.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Tiger's mom

whatever jaohari. that was one of the state that i visited the most. same goes to other state as well. you seriously dont mean i have to list it all here arent you?? i usually went there during summer. its cold, but not that cold. cats have furs remember? if u can see cats/ dogs roaming, usually they have owners. same goes to UK. they always have debate in another forum about allowing their pets to wondering around their home or not. but nowdays, they usually used the walking leash for cats. i have it too. i guest u know nothing about this arent you? just started joining this forum like june this year and u assume that u know everything?

no , u dont have to agree with me. like i said 1000 times before, it is just my opinion. its up to u to take it or leave it.

most of the people at states and UK are very supportive in neutering and spaying their pets. i wonder why u against it that much.

thanks maneki, unfortunately people dont see what i'm trying to deliver. they only see it as a joke and insult me at the same time. but that is ok, as long as i tried.

p/s- any wrong spelling/grammer this time? hopefully not. i dont bother to check. hah!!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:05 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:

most of the people at states and UK are very supportive in neutering and spaying their pets. i wonder why u against it that much.
check. hah!!
Please show me where I said "dont spayter your pets"?
Old 07-21-2012, 09:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

dear adai,

I think something got lost in translation here. let me try to help you out.

I am not against spaytering. I'm for it. Im not against people advertising pets on this site, I'm totally for it.

What I am against is.. the facts you presented. they are wrong.

1.you claim that you dont see pets wondering around and people get cats from the shelter.

The reason you dont see cats or dogs on the streets is because the captured and put into shelters. I'm sure you watched enough tom and jerry and heathcliff to understand that. and yes minessota is cold. Pets belonging to people wont be let out. you said you have proof. please show me Minnesota's law on stray cats :)

2.you said all pets are spayed and neutered in the states

Thats wrong too. I was rescuing pets in LA and i can assure you they were not spaytered.cats and dogs. To prove my point just google up pet shelters. Sound like they are ALL spaytered to you? if they were, they wouldnt need that many shelters. Even savannahs are given out for free. They are rm10k over here!

3.you making it sound like the more pets are advertised here the more people are not caring for their pets.

The way I see it, the more people advertise here, the more it shows people care for them. If they didnt care for cats, theyd just throw them at pasar or kedai makan where My daughter and I would rescue them, Feed them nurse them groom them and post them up here in petfinder. This site rocks!

4. you said you stopped in the middle of the right lane to save a cat who ended up dead.

I'm sure your intentions were well but look what happened? i don't have to go into that.

5. you said dont breed you cat unless you want to keep them all.

Please google inbreeding.

why are you taking this so seriously? I wasnt attacking you. just trying to let you see that your facts are skewed. thats so terrible ? thats what mythbusters do :) im one of those that wont spread chain letters and wont spread internet rumors when i get em. google is the only tool you need. oh and some curiousity of course.

And all my cats are vaccinated and dewormed. They get vitamins, they get ear drops, they get raw chickens, they gets treats when i train them to sit stand and come. I grow wheatgrass for them as munchies and bed. want some? the ones they sell at petshop dont grow too well. mine rocks! I would like to offer you a bowl. consider it my peace offfering.