Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Old 09-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Animal Lover

cerz is on a distinguished road
Default Needin Fosterer for 1 week

hi all, sry im not sure where to post this. There is an abandoned pregnant female dog near my friend's area in Subang. She shd be due to deliver soon in abt 2-3 weeks time. The main issue is that she has no proper shelter right now. and she sleeps under a car at night. Altho a kind hearted aunty feeds her daily but no one wants to or can take her in. Our main concern is the birth of her puppies due anytime soon, so me and my fren have planned to take her for an abortion asap. altho some of you may object to this practice as much as we do, we cant find any other ways to go around it. We dun want the puppies to suffer rolling about on the center of the road and hence get knock down. Furthermore, they cant be adopted at this stage as they would probably not survive without the mother.

We will get her spayed hopefully asap by this week but wat we lack of now is a KIND FOSTERER who can help us board her for only 1 WEEK till she recovers and maybe, with no choice, put her back where she was. Of course, wishing, we can get someone to adopt her before the catchers will. She's of very sweet natured, friendly. White with black spots.

Pls call/msg me at 012 332 9952 if u can help. Tq
Old 09-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Needin Fosterer for 1 week

Hi Carnea,

Is it safe for the mother to have an abortion at such a late stage of pregnancy?

You can also try contacting fosterers listed at our Fosterer Directory:
http://www.petfinder.my/fostererlistings.htm

Maybe you can post her up for Adoption instead of Fostering - find a kind hearted person who is willing to adopt her together with her upcoming puppies. This way, the puppies would not be without their mother, and when they are slightly older, the person can put some of them up for further adoption.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Animal Lover

There would be certain risk with any type operations. altho i've done many that were almost due. The most risky was a cat due for delivery in 3 days. so far, all went good. but it wont be easy looking for anyone to take in all together. But if any1 comes up with such intention, we would be most glad. But for now, trying to get the mum a home or long term foster care is ald almost difficult since she's not a pretty one. There is far too many abandoned strays who needs a home. altho we are unhappy with the idea, but i try to save as many helpless ones that are ald there on the road needing a home. ppl can change their mind as quickly as water pours. had volunteering fosterers suddenly changing their mind and calling to return the dog/cat after few hours as they were unable to cope.

Btw! i've found a fren to help for the week. Tq so much Andy. Tq petfinder.my
Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Great to hear that you've found a fosterer. Hope the operation goes well for the mummy and that she finds a nice family thereafter.

Please keep us updated on how things go!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:59 AM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

I totally agree with what Carnea wants to do. Someone who will take the mum and all the pups? What if she has 9 pups? Who can take in? the majlis won't allow you to keep more than 2-3 in a house. There are already so many homeless ones why create more. Talking about fostering. Many don't realise that once foster/rescue it's is a lifetime commitment if the dog is not rehomed.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Animal Lover

=) thks Yen for ur support.. well...the pregnant dog gave birth 3 days after we failed to catch her as she would run upon seeing the leash/chain and especially with teh vet around..and the aunty who feeds her refuses to help let her into her compound so we can corner her.. as she was against our plans..

well.. we found a fosterer at 1st.. but after delivering the pups at this aunty's front gate.. she took pity( and anyway.. since it was her idea to let them live by making such big fuss of our plans so she has to help them or else she would be known as heartless and a big talker..) and decided to let all of them in and foster them till they are 2 months old so we can get a home for them.. so lucky the aunty is kind enuf to help them. 1 mother and 5 puppies

the pups are now almost 2 months and on the 1st day itself, she has asked all her frens to book the pups and take them later.. one good deed done at least!

so it has to come to such a point like this whereby thru insistence and education, ppl will only understand the situation and how hard it would be to help these homeless strays.. =) lucky mother dog!! haha.. we'l get the mother rehomed after spaying her.. maybe at a farm or factory since she's afraid of ppl and enjoys chasing pedestrians and ppl on bike and bicycle..