Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Old 11-25-2008, 11:38 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kitten in Cyberjaya Needs Help

My hubby doesn't like me having cats too, but I brain-washed him ... hehehehe

I know how you feel ... not too many months ago, there was a stray meowmmy cat behind my house who had many kittens. She then died in an accident, her kittens came to me for shelter, I ignored them, because my hubby didn't like the idea of having a cat/cats at home.

Then, Lulu came along ...

Lulu somehow changed my hubby ...

The family then grew, Tiger, Onion, Garlic, Ginger ...

More furry friends came, Sweetie, "Meow Kung" Cili, Barley, Parsley, Curry ...

One day, my hubby said to me, "Why was I so cruel not to let you bring in Nana's (that's what I call Sweetie's meowmmy) kittens?" He regretted his action. Sweetie is the sole survivor of the Nana's litter. Someone must have taken care of her when she is little but dumped her when she got pregnant .... sad isn't it?

"Meow Kung", means "kucing jantan" is the male cat behind my house with a collar. Not sure if he is abandoned or a runaway but he and Sweetie are always here for food....

I can't bring "Sweetie" in, I know Lulu will Q@!#@ her...

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 11-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Thanks for sharing your story, Bina. Poor Nana's kittens. I know how you must be wishing you could bring Sweetie in to give her shelter. If I could, I would have gladly taken Sweetie and her kids from you.

Lulu must be a miracle. Maybe I should borrow her for a while to change my hubby.

But in a way, my hubby has shown some limited concern for hungry stray cats. But there's only so much he is willing to help. Before Blackie, he wouldn't allow me to be near a cat. He was also angry whenever he came home and saw me playing with Blackie's mother outside our home. He used to ignore Blackie until he was nearly 1 year old.

It began with Blackie curling himself around his foot whenever he came home, and refusing to let go even when hubby tried to shake him off, which he did initially. (remember the pic I posted of Blackie hanging on to my hubby's foot?) And every morning, Blackie would sit with him on the sofa, reading the newspapers together.

Maybe, hopefully, one day he'll be like your hubby, totally turned around.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:21 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
By the way off topic nih.Lynie have you find place for the mother cat and kittens?? The one you sms to me?? i did asked around but mother cat with kittens kinda hard for them.Maybe 1 or 2 kitten but not the whole gang.
hi june, yup they're being fostered now! i went to round them up last night from gasing area in pj at the lady's house. it took soooo long. i wasn't told that the mother cat is completely feral and terrified of people.. the kittens were super easy to collect coz they're only two weeks old at the most.. i don't see how anyone could find such tiny infants a nuisance but well, go figure..

then my boyfriend and i drove to shah alam to meet the fosterer at the tesco parking lot. the mother cat went bonkers when we tried to move her from my carrier to the fosterers' carrier.. so we just let her loose in the fosterers' car until she calmed down.. now i'm waiting for an update from the fosterer.. hopefully mother cat has lost some of her fear and realizes that no one wants to hurt her. my worry is that its possible she was mistreated while she was at the other lady's house because they didn't want her there..

my friend that works at klinik kembiri found me the fosterer. this cat family is sooo cute. the mother cat is an orange mackerel tabby and guess what? all four of her kittens are orange tabbies as well!! they all look healthy.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Kitten in Cyberjaya Needs Help

When I read your post the first thing cross my mind was how is the new foster family feel abt the mother cat.I hope the new foster family won't mistreated them

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
hi june, yup they're being fostered now! i went to round them up last night from gasing area in pj at the lady's house. it took soooo long. i wasn't told that the mother cat is completely feral and terrified of people.. the kittens were super easy to collect coz they're only two weeks old at the most.. i don't see how anyone could find such tiny infants a nuisance but well, go figure..

then my boyfriend and i drove to shah alam to meet the fosterer at the tesco parking lot. the mother cat went bonkers when we tried to move her from my carrier to the fosterers' carrier.. so we just let her loose in the fosterers' car until she calmed down.. now i'm waiting for an update from the fosterer.. hopefully mother cat has lost some of her fear and realizes that no one wants to hurt her. my worry is that its possible she was mistreated while she was at the other lady's house because they didn't want her there..

my friend that works at klinik kembiri found me the fosterer. this cat family is sooo cute. the mother cat is an orange mackerel tabby and guess what? all four of her kittens are orange tabbies as well!! they all look healthy.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
So I was impressed that he is concerned about the kitten being hungry for 2 days. Today, the kitten is being fed again, and the guard has been instructed to give it clean, filtered water and to use the food bowl when feeding it instead of just pouring the food onto the street.
Blackie, tell you a secret (based on experiences I have seen) ... God is working on your hubby's heart ... softening it and opening his eyes ... encourage (but don't over do, nanti backfire!) your hubby by playing on the kesian part, asking from time to time how is the kitty ... hopefully your hubby will start to BOND with the kitty slowly ... pray and hope, friend, pray hard!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 11-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:

The mother cat and her very young kittens are a great challenge to foster and the fosterers need to be very knowledgeable about cat behaviour.

Taking into consideration the senario and the nature of the mom cat (any mom cat for that matter, and this mom cat is a great challenge based on my own experience with domesticating my own completely feral and completely fearful and distrustful of humans), I offer the only solution which must be applied very strictly to the letter!

The mom cat and her kittens must be put in a big adult sized 3-tier cage set up the way I published in a previous post and MUST BE CONFINED COMPLETELY AND NEVER LET OUT EVEN FOR A SECOND FOR AT LEAST 2 COMPLETE MONTHS IN THE NEW ENVIRONMENT!

Transfering carriers as you guys did was a HUGE risk, thank God the cat didn't escape and you guys didn't suffer bites and scratches should the cat be spooked suddenly by some loud sound or happening in the very public area.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 11-26-2008, 09:49 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When I read your post the first thing cross my mind was how is the new foster family feel abt the mother cat.I hope the new foster family won't mistreated them
don't worry june. the fosterer struck me as very kind and patient. she didn't freak out or mind at all that mother cat was loose in her car. mother cat had tipped the bowl of canned cat food i set out for her all over herself.. she stank and she was dirty and all these little bits of fish were smeared around the car's interior.. the fosterer was totally ok throughout
Old 11-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Filin, Yes, it's for temporary only. If you give it shelter, we'll look for an adopter together. Yeah, let's hope the kitten finds its way back to hubby's home. There are many construction sites (ongoing projects at the same time) so I don't know if they took it very far this time since the first time the kitten found its way back. I will sponsor the kitten's food & litter too.
Filin's house is not suitable, she is having a kutu problem and her kitten is sick right now. Fillin, you need to de-flee all your cats and the stuff in your house, including your clothes and beddings if they are allowed free romp of your house. All your cats need to be treated by a good vet. But be very careful with Frontline and other poisons you are using if you have kittens less than 3 months old. Some poisons cannot be used when your kittens are less than 6 months old. Some can trigger hyperthyroidism in the cats when they are older and you end up with an extra set of problems.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
hah!! tau takpe Filin.durang dtg makan ada geng punya.pastu geng kat bawah tak join yg kat atas.lawan.so dividelah.kiranya aku ni Ketua Triad Cat Gang kat sini. pengikut2 yg kaki 2 budak2 cat sitter dan kekawan dia.aku geng dgn budak kecik pula skrg.

uihh...apa kes banyak nor geng2 kucen nih june??? ish..ish.. CATS TRIAD... the new era... ehehhehe
Saya dah boleh bayangkan this mafia pompuan jalan down the streets, wearing a mean "DON'T YOU MESS WITH ME" look, menghayun tong Blackwood satu kanan dan satu kiri which double up as lethal weapons mcm Bruce Lee!

Takuuuuuuuuuuttttt!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 11:27 AM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Filin's house is not suitable, she is having a kutu problem and her kitten is sick right now. Fillin, you need to de-flee all your cats and the stuff in your house, including your clothes and beddings if they are allowed free romp of your house. All your cats need to be treated by a good vet. But be very careful with Frontline and other poisons you are using if you have kittens less than 3 months old. Some poisons cannot be used when your kittens are less than 6 months old. Some can trigger hyperthyroidism in the cats when they are older and you end up with an extra set of problems.
thanks Fk... the thing is this kitty here will be staying at my new place... so it wont be a problem...

as for my own cats.. they will all undergo the flea treatment before being transferred to my new place....

FK, how to de-flea my clothings? can i wash ally clothes and everything in the washing machine and pour some of the frontline into it?? hopefully its not a dumb question....
Old 11-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Animal Lover

ok,glad to hear that now you can sleep well at night knowing that the cats are in good hand.

Quote:
don't worry june. the fosterer struck me as very kind and patient. she didn't freak out or mind at all that mother cat was loose in her car. mother cat had tipped the bowl of canned cat food i set out for her all over herself.. she stank and she was dirty and all these little bits of fish were smeared around the car's interior.. the fosterer was totally ok throughout
Old 11-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Animal Lover

hahahahah!! pandailah ko Furkid.tp ada cerita sensasi semalam dan a day before melibatkan DBKL.I will post the story kat hall of shame nanti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Saya dah boleh bayangkan this mafia pompuan jalan down the streets, wearing a mean "DON'T YOU MESS WITH ME" look, menghayun tong Blackwood satu kanan dan satu kiri which double up as lethal weapons mcm Bruce Lee!

Takuuuuuuuuuuttttt!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
thanks Fk... the thing is this kitty here will be staying at my new place... so it wont be a problem...

as for my own cats.. they will all undergo the flea treatment before being transferred to my new place....

FK, how to de-flea my clothings? can i wash ally clothes and everything in the washing machine and pour some of the frontline into it?? hopefully its not a dumb question....
Who says your new place is not a problem? It is not the building itself but all your barang-barang including furniture, boxes, clothes, etc, etc, including yourself and your car which can act as a transfer agent for those pests to infect your new place.

Do read up on the internet on how to disinfect and clean your whole premises and yourself can care for your cats and prevent re-occurance because when you do it this way, you can surf the internet as questions pop up in your mind and you learn faster this way. You can find out about anything on your own on the internet, including the X-rated stuff!

Pour Frontline into washing machine? Think, Filin ... what happens when you do that? Sit down and thiiiiiiiiink .... what happens to the concentration and effectiveness of the Frontline solution? Do you ever need to dilute it for use? What does the instructions on the bottle say about how to apply or use it to kill the pests? Go to Frontline manufacturer website to read more.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:37 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

i just asked. thanks anyway.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Furkid,

Thanks so much for your encouraging words. Really appreciate your wise words. Yes, I do believe that hubby's is slowly opening up, but it's so slowwwwww!!!! I will certainly continue to ask him if the kitty has come back. To him, the kitty is safe now, in a place where there are humans. To him, humans = food for kitty. He doesn't think the kitty needs more than that. *sigh*

Lynie,

I'm so glad you found a fosterer for the mother cat and kittens. Sounds to me like the fosterer is a kind lady. Hope the mother cat and kitties will happily forever with the family.

June,

Hahaa....I can imagine you striking fear into the hearts of those you come across..........the Italian Godmother, the female Al Pacino.....muahahahha!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 03:18 PM
PetFinder Guru

June, Al Pacino??? Wah Lau .....

sillylupie-shop
Old 11-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
June, Al Pacino??? Wah Lau .....
Hit you on the forehead with her Blackwood tong baru tauuuu .... terus jadi Andy Lau ...

... complete with "attention deficit disorder" or "short attention span" ... wakakakaaahhhh .... larrriiiiiiiiiii!!!!!

Last edited by FurKids; 11-26-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:26 PM
PetFinder Guru

Andy Lau?? .... I like..... hehehe

sillylupie-shop
Old 11-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Animal Lover

hahahahha!! Charlene,of course I'm the God Father Mafia leader here.so I'm the God Mother.wakakakakakak!! I know I'm make more enemy than friends in my apartment area.

Quote:
Furkid,

Thanks so much for your encouraging words. Really appreciate your wise words. Yes, I do believe that hubby's is slowly opening up, but it's so slowwwwww!!!! I will certainly continue to ask him if the kitty has come back. To him, the kitty is safe now, in a place where there are humans. To him, humans = food for kitty. He doesn't think the kitty needs more than that. *sigh*

Lynie,

I'm so glad you found a fosterer for the mother cat and kittens. Sounds to me like the fosterer is a kind lady. Hope the mother cat and kitties will happily forever with the family.

June,

Hahaa....I can imagine you striking fear into the hearts of those you come across..........the Italian Godmother, the female Al Pacino.....muahahahha!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Furkid, Thanks so much for your encouraging words. Really appreciate your wise words. Yes, I do believe that hubby's is slowly opening up, but it's so slowwwwww!!!! I will certainly continue to ask him if the kitty has come back. To him, the kitty is safe now, in a place where there are humans. To him, humans = food for kitty. He doesn't think the kitty needs more than that. *sigh*
The little sweetheart craves for love and affection and need them in order to grow emotionally, just like us humans. But the little kitty cannot be allowed to wander around like that, it is simply too dangerous, there are cars and dogs, and there are evil humans to give it a kick like a football.