Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Old 08-11-2010, 03:10 AM
nyan nyan :3

rawr2buny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rawr2buny
Default Please someone help this poor injured cat!

Salam and hi to all PF-friends,

I am a powerless student against her mom who's currently doing her internship right now. Last night, around 8pm, I went out with my mom for sahur foods, and when we got back, I was so shocked to see a cat resting on my cat's cage. On the second look, I realized that its bleeding quite too much on the right eye. Mom shooed the cat away, and it tore my heart to see the cat. Mom insisted that its somebody's cat and it should be OK. But the hard headed me, went out and gave the cat some kibbles, and he gobbled it up in few secs. O_O; He must be VERY hungry, no way its somebody's cat. I know I cant leave him alone, I dont want to regret it later

I cried and I cried non stop when I heard the cat's mew. I lured him into the carrier with food and as soon as I locked the carrier, he hissed and got mad. I was so scared to go near him since I've always had only gentle cats. I dont know what to do. And mom is not helpful, she's at the age where she can easily got mad at everything despite being a cat lover herself.

I cried for hours and if before 1130pm i cant find anyone to help, I will need to release the cat. I want to treat the wound so badly but its so fierce. The vets are all closed. I scrolled thru my phonebook and called my senior crying for help. Luckily he helped me brought the cat to Animal Medic Centre @tunrazak. But as a student we cant afford it. RM90 just for a check up, bla3 it cost us RM101 for antibiotic injection(?). Lucky I got RM100 cash on me. Btw, I cant go to the vet together, since my mom wont let me go out at night. My senior sent back the cat to my house and now Im fighthing with my mom again just the day before puasa

The vet said the cat's eye are okay, just a normal wound. But Im scared of the cat itself. What Im most disappointed is that the vet dont even try to stop the bleeding I guess. Then, the vet told my brother that the cat needs to be left at AMC for several days for a surgery since I noticed the cat cant close its jaw properly. It is badly hurt and need surgery. Wherever can I get money when I cant really afford my own stuffs? There is no way I can ask my parents for some money due to some family reasons. Pls dont get my mom wrong, she is good in taking care of cats but she's not at the age where she can enjoy cats and she has her own reason for not wanting to volunteer to help :(

Somebody pls somehow help this cat. I dont know what to do. It hurts to see the cat like that. What should I do now? If I let it be until tomorrow, the cat might contract another health problem, and I bet mom wont tolerate it anymore. We'll just end up fighting moree and MOREE because we're like cat and dog. m(_ _)m I cant sleep, I feel like taking emergency leave but still I dont have license to drive and money to pay.. Oh right, I did have some savings, I can pay 1/2 or even all of the treatments what so ever but ansur2 For now I need a volunteer/Rescuer

If you can somehow volunteer to help this poor cat pls contact me: Sha 0193660153. I live in Seri Petaling!

Sorry if I wrote anything offensive here or anything. I just cant think straight anymore.

Cat details:

Colour: Orange Tabby (i guess)
Injuries: Right eye bleeding (scratches i guess) + severe injury on jaw (said the vet)
Mood: VERY BAD since it is prolly traumatized scared and felt insecure

----------UPDATE 21/08/2010------------

Salam, peopleee, GOOD NEWS \(^0^)/ *dances in circles*
Orange survived! Surgery is a success! He made it! yayyyyy. ehem, ok Alhamdulillah.

Sha baru call doctor. ape yg die cakap

1) orange is lookin good and very easy on himself. he meow when people come, resting in his cage lepak-lepak, eat pee n poo by himself.

2) the cost wouldnt be too much macam doctor expect since we didnt do the jaw surgery. it'll only be expensive if we keep him longer dekat sane. it is estimated to be around rm1k paling mahal pun 1.5k. gulp but better than RM 2k-3k kan? :) need to go to the clinic dulu then he'll discuss again about the total cost.

now the problem:
1) orange is definitely tak biasa dengan org. so kena go slow dengan die, bagi die manje2 n trust orang.

2) so far, donation belum masuk dari mane2. so sha rasa kena somehow pinjam mana-mana dulu *thinks hard*

3) tak tahu lagi bila nak ambil Orange since next week I'll be so busy nak ulang alik pegi college and office

I hope and pray that the potential adopter will accept Orange even for a little while, sementara nak bagi Orange fully recover.

----------MORE UPDATES 21/08/2010------------
and Dr.Teoh called me again just now,

as for today, the total cost would be: RM1680++. but he tried omitting few charges and it became: RM1230, but he decided only RM1200! (but for today lah. the hospitalization will increase RM25 everyday)

DOCTORRRRRRRRRRR THANKKK YOUUUUU. and now i will need help for the payment hmm

// sha copy pasted the updates here. should have done this from before sebenarnye baru senang orang nak ikut update orange. tak terfikir pulak. hehe

Last edited by rawr2buny; 08-21-2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: updates on orange
Old 08-11-2010, 10:21 AM
PetFinder Guru

hani14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hani14 Send a message via Skype™ to hani14
Default Re: Please someone help this poor injured cat!

salam sha..

Akak merasa bangga dgn sikap sha yg sanggup membawa pulang kucing tersebut dan membawanya ke klinik mendapatkan rawatan. Walaupun mama shah tak suka, tapi sha tetap berusaha untuk membawanya pulang. Apapun Sha, akak harap sha tak salahkan mama, mungkin dia ada alasan tersendiri kenapa dia tak suka sha membawa kucing ni kerumah.

Yg penting sekarang ni, sha bawa di ke Vet dan dapatkan rawatan lanjut. Kucing ni rasanya trauma dan ketakutan.. kalau sha rasakan kos rawatan menjadi masalah, akak akan cuba sedaya upaya membantu mana yg mampu. Bimbang jika terlambat .. jangkitan kuman akan melarat kat kucing tersebut.

Akak cadangkan sha bawa dia ke klinik Dr. Teoh. Kos rawatan diklinik dr. teoh memang berpatutan, lagipun dia seorang doktor yg suka kat haiwan. Tentang harga rawatan masih boleh diperbincangkan lagi.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:03 PM

Thanks akak. Its nothing much sebab sha tak dapat buat ape2 pun untuk kucing ni. Tengok la merahnye lagi darah die. Tadi check intai2, jaw die dah bengkak teruk. Mama dah terbuka hati nk bawak pegi vet so sha mintak supervisor bagi balik awal. Tapi terang2 mama cakap lepas rawat die tak bagi bela/jaga. Katanye Kyon kecik lagi fungus pun tak sihat lagi so tak boleh bawak kucing lain, lagi yang sakit.

Yeah, ni nak pegi Dr. Teoh or kalau tak Klinik Haiwan Mesra Bangi tu lepas solat ni. Either one, ikut mama. Tu yang takut, sha balik tadi baru dpt clear view, the blood seems fresh sbb merah lg and mcm dalam je luka. Then the jaw bengkak sgt kot die xleh gerak mulut dah, I wonder mcm mane die makan kitten kibbles tu. (Good thing kibble tu baby cat punye kecik2, xpekan?)

And Thanks again for this morning, tetibe je serang YM akak. I kinda lost 9/10 my kewarasan already and accidentally ranted endlessly. hehe.

@petfinders seniors and friends: Thanks so much. There are kind souls out there who offered me to chip money for the cost. I highly appreciate it. May Allah/God bless you throughout your life, especially this Ramadhan.

I am seriously hoping to find someone out there who is willing to take care of the cat before my mom uses his veto power over me again. The fact that she wanted to bring the cat to vet is already like a miracle I almost cant believe it. haha ^_^; Dont get me wrong yea, Its not like I dont want to take care of the cat (a sick cat) but since my mom dont really wanna help, with my internship, I am rarely at home, my poor Kyon and Koko demands too much attention from me already, I am scared of the thought that I will caused the cat to suffer more. I dont even have a cage(only one small one for 3months old Kyon), the cat is in a carrier right now since last night. *sigh*

Thanks everyone. Forgive me should there be any mistakes or any offensive lines I wrote here.

Last edited by rawr2buny; 08-11-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Please someone help this poor injured cat!

Akak sedih dgn parents zaman skrg. Sepatutnya instill sifat sayangkan binatang dari kanak kanak lg. Bila mereka membesar menjadi manusia yg penyayang. Biasanya children yg ditanamkan sifat sayangkan binatang dari kecik bila mereka besar,sifat compassionate mereka lbh dari org yg tak didik sayangkan binatang.

Makes us think why some children resort to dump their parents at the road side or nursery home

Rawbunny,jgn sedih sedih dan risau. InsyaAllah nanti ada budak budak forumers yg come forward tlg jaga kucing ni. Akak nak amik pun tak dpt.Tangan dah penuh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr2buny View Post
Thanks akak. Its nothing much sebab sha tak dapat buat ape2 pun untuk kucing ni. Tengok la merahnye lagi darah die. Tadi check intai2, jaw die dah bengkak teruk. Mama dah terbuka hati nk bawak pegi vet so sha mintak supervisor bagi balik awal. Tapi terang2 mama cakap lepas rawat die tak bagi bela/jaga. Katanye Kyon kecik lagi fungus pun tak sihat lagi so tak boleh bawak kucing lain, lagi yang sakit.

Yeah, ni nak pegi Dr. Teoh or kalau tak Klinik Haiwan Mesra Bangi tu lepas solat ni. Either one, ikut mama. Tu yang takut, sha balik tadi baru dpt clear view, the blood seems fresh sbb merah lg and mcm dalam je luka. Then the jaw bengkak sgt kot die xleh gerak mulut dah, I wonder mcm mane die makan kitten kibbles tu. (Good thing kibble tu baby cat punye kecik2, xpekan?)

And Thanks again for this morning, tetibe je serang YM akak. I kinda lost 9/10 my kewarasan already and accidentally ranted endlessly. hehe.

@petfinders seniors and friends: Thanks so much. There are kind souls out there who offered me to chip money for the cost. I highly appreciate it. May Allah/God bless you throughout your life, especially this Ramadhan.

I am seriously hoping to find someone out there who is willing to take care of the cat before my mom uses his veto power over me again. The fact that she wanted to bring the cat to vet is already like a miracle I almost cant believe it. haha ^_^; Dont get me wrong yea, Its not like I dont want to take care of the cat (a sick cat) but since my mom dont really wanna help, with my internship, I am rarely at home, my poor Kyon and Koko demands too much attention from me already, I am scared of the thought that I will caused the cat to suffer more. I dont even have a cage(only one small one for 3months old Kyon), the cat is in a carrier right now since last night. *sigh*

Thanks everyone. Forgive me should there be any mistakes or any offensive lines I wrote here.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:27 PM

Salam, just got back from the vet.

The cat is suprisingly obedient. A good boy, very manja with the vet.

This is what I had summarised from the vet visit:

1) The cat, well lets give him a temporary name, Orange perhaps?

2) Source of Injuries: Probably Orange got hit by a car around 2/3days ago.
- Jaw dah patah 2 and infected. Senget sebelah, gigi dah tak ada, mcm jongkat jongkit dah dienye lower jaw. (need wiring (surgery?). that's the reason why kena ade penjaga for atleast 2 months so that boleh bawak balik ke vet utk buka the wiring)
- Wound is normal. Just need care and clean up. Seminggu maybe boleh sihat.
- Kidney seems funny. A bit big. So vet akan buat ultrasound FOC nak tengok ape jadi.

3) Duration of Recovery: Approximately 2-3 months.

4)Cat's Status: Hospitalized for 3 days for wound treatment, drip since it got too dehydrated etcetc. So that Dr can check ape problem Orange and estimate roughly the total cost.

5) Dr. Teoh's recommendation:
After 1 week, the cat should not need Drips etcetc sgt just nak tunggu dia pulih. The problem is the hospitalization tu will cost quite a fortune of money. (which makes my mom's face go *jaw dropped* macam tu). He asked whether we can bring the cat home, of course the answer is NO by mom. Because according to Dr. should there be no problem, after 1 week leh bawak Orange balik and just bersihkan sikit2 then tunggu jaw baik. Since he's a fighter, a strong one. Still can walk properly although a bit weak because of dehydration. but IF, tak ada anyone jaga, then we'll have to let the cat stay at the vet and god knows how much it will cost.

6) First week treatment: Roughly RM200-300
- Hosp. RM25/day
- Drip RM40*
- Wound RM100*
- Meds RM50*
*The last 3 ni just sampai die stable je. Once sihat tak kira sgt dah. Hospitalization tu je menjadi masalah kalau utk 2-3 bulan.

7) Orange dekat vet: Look how adorable he is, very manja actually

Seriously, I can truly understand why mama is very against this rescue thingy, but wtvr her reason is, this, i cant accept her way of thinking. Im sure if she cooperate both of us can share the cost but no, she already talked about how Kyon is sick right now and that's a burden already and asked me to pay for the vet bills, foods after this which is like WHAT?! (I know mom got very impulsive and talked random hurtful things when she got stressed up but still, it hurts). I hope she wont take drastic moves like taking my baby brother Kyon & Koko away from me. It broke my heart and here im back from the vet with puffy and red eyes plus tear streaked face. Oh Allah, on this Ramadhan I beg you do give me more strength to face all these things and pls heal Orange ASAP.

@Kak June: True. Sedih fikir mama mcm tu. I clearly know why she's like that, but I am in no place to disclose whatever happened tho ^^; Anyway, Thank you soo much akak :) I tried not to be too sad but gosh, it hurts like.. *speechless* Of all houses Orange came to my house and yet I can do nothing for him. Ye la nak lawan mama pun, I am sooo weak against her.

Yep, hopefully there forumers yg boleh adopt this cat. I'll share the bills but dalam masa 2-3 bulan tu kena ada org jaga, that is the most important thing now.

Last edited by rawr2buny; 08-11-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:36 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

That's what you got if you are still under other people's roof. I would not say that this is anyone's fault, it is the fate that this pitiful cat got messed up and landed in a very messy condition. Fighting with your mum ait? yerp I do understand.. Really understand.. Yet, my home is like a sanctuary to stray cats now ( as I told you, there are at least 10+ kittens around the house)

Financially, as you mentioned just now, people are ready to chip in.. I will also..and maybe you wanna check up with Dr Chan Kah Yein. People will also chip in there.... You have made an excellent move by getting the cat to Dr Teoh. Next problem would be who will be willing to take care. Get DR Chan at least flashes your news once in her website and she might be able to redirect you to the right people.

Hope that might help
Old 08-11-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurkasih View Post
Financially, as you mentioned just now, people are ready to chip in.. I will also..and maybe you wanna check up with Dr Chan Kah Yein. People will also chip in there.... You have made an excellent move by getting the cat to Dr Teoh. Next problem would be who will be willing to take care. Get DR Chan at least flashes your news once in her website and she might be able to redirect you to the right people.

Hope that might help
Thanks sis. But err, would you tell me please, who is Dr Chan Kah Yein? I hope within these 3 days I can find someone before I got into more fights with mama. Apekah puasa first yg penuh masam muka mcm ni

Ahh if only you are near me, I'd love to meet your furkids Bestnye ade banyak2 kucing but I know my limit is 2-3 cats only so yeah, tak leh banyak2 to ensure all my fursibs dpt kasih sayang and care sama rata.

Teringat masa kecik2 dulu cita2 kalau dapat duit billion-billion, first thing nak buat is buat satu pet shelter yang kononnya macam hotel and akan ambik semua strays, lepas tu ade all cat toys, good vets, tak akan bunuh kucing2 tu. Kire mcm kerja sukarela la and people can adopt them. haha. Indahnye mimpi, terlampau besar pulak.

Btw, is it really okay.. I feel bad to make people help with money actually sniffs. However, let say memang people akan tolong financially, I will definitely scan/snap pic of the bills, so people can see clearly the details. /_\
Old 08-11-2010, 06:05 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Wah...lupa lupa.. DR Chan Kah yein tue bukan vet..tapi DR in Math kot..kalau tak silap.. peneraju http://www.myanimalcare.org/ . She did help me once and shoved up a way for me to control the population around my area by introducing me to the right people.

So, cubalah try

Kucing yang letak okay okay face of my mum 4 jer.. tapi tambahan 10 lagi dia dah masam jugak.. yang lain tue diorang sendiri yang datang bertapak (^^)
Old 08-11-2010, 06:59 PM
PetFinder Guru

hani14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hani14 Send a message via Skype™ to hani14

Aduhai sha.. pilunya tengok si orange ni. tapi alhamdulilah.. dia mendapat rawatan sewajar dari dr. teoh. sha jgn bimbang pasal kos rawatan tu yer.. akak bersedia membantu sikit untuk kos tu.

tentang your mum, rasanya dia masih mempunyai perasaan sayang kat kucing tu cuma was2 terhadap kucing tu masih ada. takperlah.. kesediaan dia membawa sha ke vet tu dah syukur alhamdulilah.

sha dah pun buat apa yg sepatutnya.. kita tunggulah perkembangan kesihatan orange selanjutnya.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:11 PM

OMG I cant believe what I have just heard. Td tengah berbuka, tiba2 Dr. Teoh called. He told me die dah buat check up on Orange. It turned out that his life is in danger. I wonder how he keep up that strong face of him eventhough he is hurt so badly.

Dr.Teoh informed me that one of Orange's kindey is no longer functioning, no longer a kidney AND it is expanding like a balloon AND his umm bladder tube has been blocked by something. The only thing yg buat die masih okay is that the other kidney is working. The balloon-kidney is like a time bomb, once burst, Orange will lose his life.

He needs a MAJOR surgery/operation which will cost LOTS and LOTS of money according to Dr.Teoh but it is a HIGH RISK surgery where he can die due to the surgery too. He's afraid that, there is a possibility Orange can die during the surgery or even dah buat surgery pun he wont last long but still we dont know how strong Orange is. Then, lepas dah surgery tu haruslah ade org untuk jaga die betulbetulbetulbetulbetul and there is no guarantee he can survive too :(

Sha mintak Dr.Teoh bg masa sekejap untuk tanya seniors2 kat sini and he said he'll call tomorrow. Akak2, senior2, kawan2 sini, tolong tunjukkan Sha jalan yang terbaik berdasarkan pengalaman2 sebelum ni. Ape yg kita boleh buat untuk selamatkan this poor little one. Kesiannye diaa

@kak hani: Itu lah kak hani, terus sha terbantut makan lepas dengar berita tu. Macam mana la ni.

Yes Alhamdulillah mama nak jugak bawak pegi vet tu pun sha da bersyukur sgt. Dia tak sampai hati juga tu rasenye, tp i guess she has her own circumstances.

p/s: As expected td mama bermood baik semula. Angin je kadang2 mengganas huhu.

Last edited by rawr2buny; 08-11-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Animal Lover

farah is on a distinguished road

sha.. same2 kite doa yg terbaik for orange..

kite usaha, slbhnye serah pd Die ye..
Old 08-11-2010, 10:31 PM

Salam, farah is kak farah yg text sha ke?
Thank you for helping yea. Super appreciate semua org nye usaha untuk selamatkan oren ni. :)

Let us see what Dr.Teoh say tomorrow since he told me he'll call tomorrow. Nanti sha update kat sini lagi ape2 perkembangan or pengecutan(harap dijauhkan la) yg berlaku dekat orange tu ye. Since for now Dr.Teoh kena check whether orange sesuai tak condition die untuk undergo surgery tu. Check if there's any other complications in orange's body.

Lets hope he is one cat with a very strong perseverance and GOOD LUCK!!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:35 AM
Animal Lover

Mama Blacky is on a distinguished road
Default Urgent Surgery-Kucing mama baby mati dlm perut.

hai.. sy betul2 tgh risau sgt2.. saya ada bela kucing yg homeless.. sy bagi nama mama.. masa tu tgh pregnant kesian.. kucing mama sy 1/8/10 baru2 ni dh beranak.. comel2 anak ada 3 ekor.. tp semalam mama mengigil2 sakit dan mulut dia ternganga2 seperti kesakitan.. nak menangis dan sebak rasanya..

sy terus bawa mama pergi kelinik haiwan swasta yg terdekat utk tanya kenapa.. doktor ckp ada baby lagi dlm perut dia maybe dh mati dan busuk... doktor minta mama di bedah utk keluarkan baby tu... kalau tak mama akan mati... masalahnya kos rm 350. sy betul2 tak mampu sebanyak tu... sy nak tau kalau2 ada kerajaan punya yg baik utk mama... kos hospital gov berapa ye? tapi di mana sy tak tau... anak2 nya masih kecil.. mata pun tak buka lg kesian sgt2... ada sapa2 boleh bantu..

plz urgent... 017-2569190
Old 08-12-2010, 03:08 PM

Salam all,

Here's a little update again on Orange since Dr. Teoh just called me just now.

So far Dr.Teoh kate, Orange looks fine he. He can eat and drink altho he cant really chew since jaw die dah patah.

Then...

1) Jaw
Die dah check again and again jaw Orange tu. First die cakap patutnye from what he saw, we can let Orange be and the jaw will eventually join back. Tp to his surprise, the jaw actually tak bersambung lgsg, tak de union. Maybe terus tercabut ke ape tu.. so need surgery. Die akan buat xray utk kaji lagi

2) Kidney
This is the MAIN problem. Dr.Teoh pun susah nak cakap whether Orange ni macam mana. Because he seems fine and all cume kidney tu boleh burst bila3. Dia dah keluarkan urine die dr kidney and it contains a bit kotoran2 which means the kidney dah mildly infected. Die cakap, die cume takut if buat operation, there might be a possibility that kidney lagi satu tu tak berapa nak function after the surgery although the reason that keeps Orange alive is the other kidney.

Dr.Teoh akan keep checking on both the jaw and kidney. And it is better if both Sha and adopter utk pergi to the clinic and see what he has to say about Orange, so that he can give more explanations (susah ckp thru phone ni isk isk). Dr pun xdpt nak estimate lagi berapa cost nye. He will need to see if kite betul2 nak bagi Orange surgery and if ade orang yg betul2 leh jaga Orange after surgery, then die akan further check and examine, if Orange nye condition semua OK (especially the working kidney) then only he will proceed with surgery.

Smlm there might be a possible adopter, tak confirm lg because she's a friend of Kak Farah. Nanti bincang lg lah
Old 08-12-2010, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Urgent Surgery-Kucing mama baby mati dlm perut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Blacky View Post
hai.. sy betul2 tgh risau sgt2.. saya ada bela kucing yg homeless.. sy bagi nama mama.. masa tu tgh pregnant kesian.. kucing mama sy 1/8/10 baru2 ni dh beranak.. comel2 anak ada 3 ekor.. tp semalam mama mengigil2 sakit dan mulut dia ternganga2 seperti kesakitan.. nak menangis dan sebak rasanya..

sy terus bawa mama pergi kelinik haiwan swasta yg terdekat utk tanya kenapa.. doktor ckp ada baby lagi dlm perut dia maybe dh mati dan busuk... doktor minta mama di bedah utk keluarkan baby tu... kalau tak mama akan mati... masalahnya kos rm 350. sy betul2 tak mampu sebanyak tu... sy nak tau kalau2 ada kerajaan punya yg baik utk mama... kos hospital gov berapa ye? tapi di mana sy tak tau... anak2 nya masih kecil.. mata pun tak buka lg kesian sgt2... ada sapa2 boleh bantu..

plz urgent... 017-2569190
Alahaiii kesiannye dia, anak2 dia lagi

Cube Mama Blacky try baca kat thread ni http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=558

Sha bace dalam tu ade alamat vet kerajaan. Cube tengok post no.3 macam2 jugak rawatan yang poster tu dah try dkt vet kerajaan Cheras tu. Dia cakap service tip top and doc pun friendly

Sha kalau ada duit mesti nak tolong. Kesiannye mama tu mesti die kesakitan. Tak tau pulak boleh tertinggal 1 anak mati dalam perut. Hmm...
Old 08-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

rawr2buny, don't waste time and money going around. Just hantar the injured cat segera (lagi lama lagi susah sembuh) ke Healing Rooms di Subang Jaya jumpa Dr. Vijay yg banyak pengalaman dan success in cases like this.

The best example is the injured cat named Clariss yg kena langgar kereta hingga tengkorak pecah dan jaw di berkecai just like your cat. Terus Dr. Vijay stabilise Clariss dan buat operation pasang steel wire to hold the jaw together for 2 months.

Kalau lihat posting July, boleh lihat gambar si Clariss baru cabut dawai kat mulut selepas 2 bulan dan muka dia comel loteh, miracle betul.

Kalau tak silap, all in hingga cabut dawai cuma RM500 lebih sahaja. And Dr. Vijay is very, very experienced dan klinik tersebut is very well designed for cat's comfort.

Hantar kucing tu segera sebab besok Dr. Vijay ada kerja tetapi Sabtu he is off dan Sunday tutup. Jangan buang masa. Hantar SMS ke Dr. Chan Kah Yein of AnimalCAre to obtain sponsorship of the medicals. Healing Rooms dan Dr. Vijay adalah panel vet bagi AnimalCAre.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 08-14-2010, 06:10 PM

@FurKids: Thank you for the recommendation! Wahh, that's great tp uhh dilemma skrg ni, lepas google about Healing Rooms and Dr.Chan Kah Yein also mentioned the same vet. But its far from my place :( And since Orange already got his record and check ups dkt Dr.Teoh would it be okay to transfer him? Takut die stress pulak nnt. Nnt sha bincang dgn the potential adopter ASAP ya! :)

And yes, dah email Dr. Chan for sponsorship, and semalam die dah post dkt myanimalcare blog tu. Thanks God, org dah mula email me. :)

-------------------- UPDATE ON ORANGE ----------------------

I sent my Kyon to Dr.Teoh tadi for vaccine and asked about Orange. *sigh*

Lepas tu sha suruh doc try estimate home much will the surgery and stuffs cost, doc boleh bg rough guide as below:

1) Blood Tests RM80
2) Biopsy RM80*
3) Xray RM110
4) Surgery (Kidney) RM600-800 (depends on the difficulty)
5) Surgery (Jaw) RM200-300 (depends on the difficulty)

Then there will be the bills for further medications after the surgeries, hospitalization etc etc T_T

Dr.Teoh lukis mcm tu td untuk terangkan his kidney. The urine trapped inside the kidney so for now kena manually keluarkan. Umm, he said that basically cat needs 50% of kidney to work for the cat to survive.
There are few possibilities on the Kidneys:
1) RK (damaged) LK (50% working) - Macam ni should be okay
2) RK (damaged but ~15% working) LK (45% working) - this is what Dr. takut. BIG PROBLEM sbb bila Dr. remove the RK, tinggal 35% which is insufficient for the cat to live..

*And about the Biopsy... takooooot. Dr. cakap it has been 3 days since the wound on the head dah di bersihkan and dirawat everything but still belum improve sgt lagi. Although he can't say anything before bawak the sample for Biopsy, he suspects that its a cancer yg Sha tak igt apekah name nye but I guess its something along this line: Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC). He said that if its positive, then we've got no choice but to put down Orange, sbb this cancer takleh heal.*cries in one corner*

Please keep doa for him, poor Orange. I'll be going to Dr.Teoh's clinic again tomorrow since I might be meeting up with the adopter/fosterer. Hopefully its going to work out :(
Old 08-19-2010, 03:15 PM

Orange's kidney sugery harini! T________________T

Updates:
1) JAW. Dr kate tadi, jaw Orange tu susah nak dibetul kan. So die cakap for now might as well let it be like that first. It might look scary (a bit) but he's fine sebab Orange boleh chew normally. Jaw die ada fracture yg hilang or something Dr cakap, so its going to be VERY VERY complicated if nak betul kan. All the lower teeth dah tak ada etcetc.

2) WOUND. Biopsy result lambat lagi nk keluar. but the wound seems to be healing sikit. Dr tengok the sample skin on the wound, it doesnt look much like a cancer thing tapi to be safe die buat jgk biopsy.

3) So die proceed dengan kidney surgery sebab it is not good to wait any longer. just a matter of time kalau tunggu2 karang meletup kesian die. Dr tanye is it ok to proceed with the surgery now, sbb tak confirm lagi pasal wound tu, tp kalau tunggu2 takut die terseksa dengan kidney nye. so conclusion the surgery is today ;_;

Its a VERYVERY high risk one so let us pray for his safety
Old 08-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Animal Lover

farahkabun is on a distinguished road

Oh my god !! Orange is very strong cat and he is still striving for his life. Suddenly I feel so sad reading this thread.. Wishing all the best for Orange yea.

Really salute your effort to take him to get medical treatment even though your mum against it. I hope there's more people like you .
Old 08-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Animal Lover

addison is on a distinguished road

tersangat-sangat la hibanya baca kisah Orange ni. dan tersangat-sangat la saya bersyukur ada org yg baik hari mcm rawr2buny. bergenang airmata, mcm mana la Orange lalui semua ni... kita tercucuk jarum pun dah mengaduh sakit...

saya doakan Orange cepat sembuh, moga Allah lindungi dia.