Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 06-01-2010, 11:46 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road
Default Abused Tiger Show @ A'Famosa, Malacca

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ACVn73YL0
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 AM
PetFinder Guru

Default Re: Abused Tiger Show @ A'Famosa, Malacca

A'Famosa under investigation for tiger abuse
Malay Mail May 2010

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE: Tiger abuse at A' Famosa in Malacca has sparked calls for animal rights

PETALING JAYA: The A' Famosa Resort in Malacca could lose its licence to keep captive wildlife on its premises following allegations of its tiger being abused earlier this year.

A full-blown investigation into the incident, triggered by the amateur video posted on YouTube has now been undertaken by the Department of Wildlife and National Parks (Perhilitan).

Perhilitan deputy director-general Misliah Mohamad Basir told The Malay Mail: "Our department was alerted about this in February 2010 during the Chinese New Year celebrations.

"The park had a tiger placed at their entrance for tourists and visitors to have photos taken with the animal." It is learnt that Perhilitan had at that time only seen snapshots of the incidents.

Nevertheless, in March, Perhilitan called in all zoo operators nationwide, including A' Famosa — to brief these establishments about the complaints received from the public and to impose a ban on all animal shows, especially those involving endangered and protected animal species.

During that meeting, Perhilitan also urged all operators to upgrade animal cages. "All 30 operators, except one, attended that meeting," said Misliah.

"A' Famosa Resort, however, claimed they did not get an invitation from us. Since the resort claimed they did not get the notice, we called them in again two weeks later to brief them. During that meeting, we discussed issues, which were specifically raised by the public about A' Famosa."

When asked about guidelines and regulations relevant to management of the zoo, Misliah said: "Taking into account that zoo management is not contained in the current Wildlife Protection Act 1972, Perhilitan only had the authority to grant them a license to keep the animal.

"Although there are regulations governing animal cruelty, park operators are not required to have a veterinarian on call, unlike the new Act, to be tabled next month. "We have amended the Act to address these issues and the new regulations will cover all requirements, including qualifications to handle wildlife.

"In the meantime, we will further investigate these allegations and act according to laws governing the protection of animals," she said. Misliah strongly urged the public to play an important role in this issue. "They can bring similar cases forward to highlight this matter. We have a 24-hour hotline." When asked whether Perhilitan had the authority to close down the park, Misliah said only the local council and State government have the authority to do that.

Malaccan tiger trainer fired

MALACCA: A' Famosa Resort general manager Allan Chee has denied allegations of its captive tiger being abused and further confirmed the assistant trainer, who abused the tiger, as seen on YouTube, had his employment terminated due to unsatisfactory overall performance.

Explaining the incident, he told The Malay Mail: " Tigers are nocturnal creatures and those here are very well fed. As such, they become very lazy and lethargic during mid-morning. So, naturally zoo handlers have to use extra coaxing to move the heavy tiger into position."

In response to allegations the tiger was drugged, Allan said: "There is no evidence the tiger was drugged or abused by its handler." Explaining the animal was a captive-bred tiger and considered very tame and comfortable around humans, he posed: "How can we abuse the animal? It costs around RM30,000 to RM40,000 per tiger. Of course we wouldn't hurt it, let alone drug the animal."

When asked if the resort was willing to let the captive tiger undergo a drug test, Allan responded: "Whoever wants to do so must get permission from us. They can't simply come over to do tests on these animals."

Zoo Negara clarification

PETALING JAYA: It was reported in The Malay Mail on Tuesday that "An enactment regarding the privatisation of Zoo Negara is currently being tabled in the Parliament."

That statement should have read "A bill regarding the Wildlife Conservation Act 2010 is currently being tabled in Parliament."

In a Press statement to The Malay Mail yesterday, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment said it initiated a study with regard to the management of Zoo Negara and options were being recommended to the cabinet for a decision.

The ministry is preparing the report, which will be sent to the cabinet. Zoo Negara has been managed by the Malaysian Zoological Society, a non-governmental organisation which is registered under the Registrar of Societies.

As such, the role of government is through the Department of Wildlife and National Parks, whereby it is responsible for regulating the existing Wildlife Protection Act 1972. The ministry had spearheaded efforts to arrest allegations of mismanagement at Zoo Negara, which was highlighted by The Malay Mail last year.

The ministry also formed a committee headed by Natural Resources and Environment Minister Datuk Douglas Uggah Embas, following a site inspection of the zoo late last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiger_6.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	9411  
Old 06-01-2010, 12:20 PM
PetFinder Guru

Kyzoor is on a distinguished road

salam,
so sad........remind to to Hero.........mane lah pergi "kemanusiaan".

Kyzoor
Old 06-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Quote:
In response to allegations the tiger was drugged, Allan said: "There is no evidence the tiger was drugged or abused by its handler."
The tiger is obviously drugged. Any person with half a brain can see that.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 PM
PetFinder Guru

Suhaimy is on a distinguished road

Not simply drugged, perhaps OD
Old 06-03-2010, 01:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

Suhaimy, Kyzoor, blackie : ppl tend 2 b cruel 2 animals either 4 $ or crazy, trully sickening
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Group: Don’t exploit animals

Star
May 2010

MALACCA: A group of animal lovers plan to gather at a well-known resort in Alor Gajah here on Saturday to create awareness about the abuse of tigers and other wildlife by unscrupulous parties in the country. The group, which created a Facebook page named Stop Animal Abuse A Famosa, had recently put the word out on the Internet urging animal lovers to voice their dissatisfaction over treatment of animals.

Dewgem Yen, one of the four creators of the Facebook page, said they were not targeting the resort over the recent claims of abuse of one of its tigers.
“We want to create greater awareness that wild animals should not be exploited for profit.

“It is not just about the tigers but the treatment of our wild animals in general,” she said, when contacted. The Facebook page had sent out about 1,500 invitations so far with 71 indicating their interest to attend the gathering.

When contacted, A Famosa Resort general manager Allan Chee said they were aware of the gathering.“We welcome them to take a tour of our safari to see for themselves how our animals are kept and treated,” he said, adding that the move was a sincere gesture to show that their animals were not abused as alleged.

He clarified that the safari had stopped using two of its tigers for photography sessions with patrons since April. “The tiger that appeared in the Feb 18 video on YouTube was used only to usher in the Tiger Year during Chinese New Year festivities here.

“We stopped doing it after being advised by the Wildlife Department officers who carried out a spot check here,” he said. He added the resort only became aware of the issue on May 19 when it received ten emails complaining of animal abuse.

Meanwhile, Malacca Society Against the Prevention of Cruelty of Animals (SPCA) president Vincent Low lauded the move by the wildlife authorities to advise the resort to stop its tiger photography sessions. He also urged the resort to ensure that their animal handlers were professionally trained.

The 500ha resort recently became embroiled in controversy when a YouTube video titled Tiger Being Abused For Money surfaced in February depicting what seemed to be a drugged tiger being forced to pose for photographs.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

this is not surprising
i love a'farmosa but the 2 years back when i went for a holiday there...
that's it that my last time im going there...

i really pity the animals there.......
firstly they charge ppl so expensive i think every day thing you find there cost a bomb...
every idiot handling the whole thing is really rude and inexperience..
i have a very bad experience several times in the same location

i love animals
and the moment i enter their zoo safari.... oh my goodness it is totally a let down.... and every thing they display is only for you to see - no touch, no camera or they shout/shove you off....i seen one foreign being shove off when he was merely trying to get near the elephant ... oh yeah fyi elephant are not for you to touch OR take pictures - take pictures you need to PAY BIG BUCKS, every damn thing there is money money money

they try to make every single damn buck out of their animals
i still remembered we are suppose to enter one closed shopping stalls ...you need to walk pass a tiger cub photo shooting to enter to their open space carnival show. It was really jam packed that day and there were two tight up cub. There were another door the other side and they purposely lock that off. As you know crowded places, you are force to pass there and force to take a photo and trying to push you to buy the photos no matter what. It is such a pity for this animals... being pulled, being press.... you cannot do this too little cub ... and you should see the way they handle them.....

i wrote one email complaint to them and guess what NONE OF THEIR IDIOTIC MANAGEMENT REPLIED ME.... that show how they run the whole place...

you should reconsider if you actually want to go there.
they need to buck up if not they lose out and its a shit place to describe as tourist spot!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:08 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

with the name of Tiger, look like sick pet.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:38 PM
PetFinder Guru

hi Vivien, Dog Is My Buddy,
seemed like d poor tiger was sedated wi drug

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Department stops animal shows at resort

NST May 2010

ALOR GAJAH: The Wildlife and National Parks Department has issued a directive to a popular resort here to cease animal shows following allegations of abuse of the animals which were posted on the Internet and video recorded on YouTube.

State director Abdul Rahim Othman said department officials had met with the management of A'Famosa Resort last month to discuss and resolve the matter.

He said the allegations of abuse, especially of the tigers which are categorised as endangered, had given a bad impression of the resort and the practice had to be stopped before it got out of hand.

"The public has a negative perception of the issue as a result of the allegations and comments on YouTube and various websites. "The management understood the gravity of the problem and had complied with the directive," he said yesterday.

Rahim said recent checks by the department showed there were no animal shows or photography sessions involving tigers, adding that if visitors came across such abuse they should immediately alert the department.

The alleged abuse of a tiger during a show at the resort was highlighted by a New Straits Times reader in the Letters section on Monday. Anisa Nishat Mohamed Ismail claimed she had watched a video of a tiger that appeared drugged "or so tired it could not even hold its head upright".

She said it was a horrifying spectacle and showed the staff's total disregard for the majestic animal and was a slap in the face for Malaysia's conservation efforts. A'Famosa, however, denied the reports of abuse of the tiger, or any others animals under its care.

General manager Allan Chee said contrary to the claims, the tiger, recorded on You-Tube, was not drugged, but captive-bred and was very tame and comfortable around humans.

"The tiger is healthy and fine. It was not drugged during the photography session. "Tigers are nocturnal, and those kept here are well fed and are lazy and lethargic during the mid-morning," he said.

To prove that the resort also participates in conservation efforts, it is inviting animal lovers and observers to see the condition and state of the animals at the resort.

"We are inviting animal lovers and conservation groups to participate in our 'Free & Easy Tour of the Animal World Safari'. "See for yourselves the operation of our park, as well as the condition and state of all the animals in the resort," said a posting on A'Famosa's Facebook account.

Last edited by melmel; 06-06-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:17 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

any follow ups to this issue?..what happens?.. I also heard that they mix breed the tigers leaving no pure breed anymore..
Old 08-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Pet Nanny

juannasue is on a distinguished road

oh my I think that is Pepsi's father (or brother).. Kalau tak silap, Pepsi ada lagi 6 brother and sisters di A'Famosa. I'm use to handle tigers but never ever give them drugs..
Old 08-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Animal Lover

farahkabun is on a distinguished road

What happen to this issue eh ?? I'm sure after a few months, the issue will be forgotten, as usual..

Hurm, I don't think the Tiger is healthy and conscious during the photography session. It's so obvious that it has been doped or something.

Been there once and taking pictures with the tigers too but last time it was okay, they feed milk to the tiger to tame them. But then they were chained on the table.

Pity those animals. People easily make money from them. Haih..
Old 08-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Pet Nanny

Pengalaman Sue dulu, every morning bagi tiger makan chicken wings and two jugs of milk, petang baru bagi makan daging. For photo session, everytime visitors nak ambik gambar rimau akan di beri minum susu dalam botol and time tu la photographer suruh visitor berdiri belakang harimau. Kepala rimau hanya animal trainer yang pegang and bila photographer bagi clue, dia akan duduk bawah jadi nampak macam tak ada siapa yang pegang harimau hanya ada visitors sahaja.

Visitors boleh pegang dan gosok belakang badan, tak boleh tepuk bagi terkejut or anak jerit jerit-jerit pun kami tak izinkan dekat ngan harimau. Everyday photo session memang harimau kenyang sebab asyik minum susu aje.

Picture sue and my baby time rehat, visitors masih boleh datang tanya about tigers but sue tak bagi mereka dekat sangat.

Bagi baby main and rehat after photo session, bola asyik hancur so sue guna empty mineral bottle and letak few ranting jadi bila dia main ada bunyian. Baby suka laa

Umur dah 3 tahun, photo session untuk rancangan Survivors , trick di belakang baby sebenarnya ada pelatih yang duduk mencangkung belakang kepala dia. Nampak macam dia aje di atas batu tu. Manja macam mana pun harimau , staff sentiasa kena berjaga-jaga sebab ada orang luar di sekeliling.

Company sue kerja tak pernah bagi drugs pada tigers so amat memalukan bila A famosa tergamak buat begitu hanya untuk dapatkan keuntungan lebih
Old 08-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Animal Lover

farahkabun is on a distinguished road

Hi Sue,

Seronok dengar ada juga orang yang sayangkan haiwan walaupun haiwan liar. Teringin sangat nak bermanja2 dengan baby tiger. Sebab mereka sangat comel !!

Dulu masa Farah pergi A Famosa, setiap kali ada photo session mereka bagi susu pada harimau tu. Tapi entah kenapa sekarang bagi ubat pelali pulak. Kesianlah tiger tu..
Old 08-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Pet Nanny

Memang seronok lebih lagi bila kerja kerana minat, hampir 15 tahun kerja dengan ular, ungka, rimau, gajah , burung. Kalau tengok parut di badan ni haih.. tak terkira tapi suka punya tak kisah la kena geget kena patuk .. tiga tahun lepas ada pinjam Pepsi dari A Famosa, time tu tak pulak dengar pasal ubat pelali ni. Member yang pergi hantar Pepsi balik pun tidor seminggu di sana tak nampak apa pun mereka letak drugs ke apa ker.. tak tahu la kenapa sekarang jadi macam tu pula, macam desperate pulak kan?

Kalau ubat pelali untuk bagi binatang tenang untuk perjalanan jauh memang ada lah lebih lagi gajah. Kena tenangkan kalau nak pindah ke sesuatu tempat.. Tapi kalau untuk photo session sebab nak dapat duit lebih memang tak patut lah.Kesian pada haiwan yang tak berdosa ni..
Old 08-21-2010, 01:02 AM
PetFinder Guru

nur azua is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nur azua

baru je tengok cerita pasal tiger kat tv3 tadi..sedih la bila haiwan yang sepatutnya sangat aktif ni terlantar..sungguh kejam..
Old 08-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Pet Nanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by nur azua View Post
baru je tengok cerita pasal tiger kat tv3 tadi..sedih la bila haiwan yang sepatutnya sangat aktif ni terlantar..sungguh kejam..
Tak tengok tv semalam, kisah mengenai apa ya?
Old 08-21-2010, 09:00 PM
PetFinder Buddy

boy_milna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to boy_milna

Quote:
Originally Posted by juannasue View Post
Pengalaman Sue dulu, every morning bagi tiger makan chicken wings and two jugs of milk, petang baru bagi makan daging. For photo session, everytime visitors nak ambik gambar rimau akan di beri minum susu dalam botol and time tu la photographer suruh visitor berdiri belakang harimau. Kepala rimau hanya animal trainer yang pegang and bila photographer bagi clue, dia akan duduk bawah jadi nampak macam tak ada siapa yang pegang harimau hanya ada visitors sahaja.

Visitors boleh pegang dan gosok belakang badan, tak boleh tepuk bagi terkejut or anak jerit jerit-jerit pun kami tak izinkan dekat ngan harimau. Everyday photo session memang harimau kenyang sebab asyik minum susu aje.

Picture sue and my baby time rehat, visitors masih boleh datang tanya about tigers but sue tak bagi mereka dekat sangat.

Bagi baby main and rehat after photo session, bola asyik hancur so sue guna empty mineral bottle and letak few ranting jadi bila dia main ada bunyian. Baby suka laa

Umur dah 3 tahun, photo session untuk rancangan Survivors , trick di belakang baby sebenarnya ada pelatih yang duduk mencangkung belakang kepala dia. Nampak macam dia aje di atas batu tu. Manja macam mana pun harimau , staff sentiasa kena berjaga-jaga sebab ada orang luar di sekeliling.

Company sue kerja tak pernah bagi drugs pada tigers so amat memalukan bila A famosa tergamak buat begitu hanya untuk dapatkan keuntungan lebih

fuyo beraninya akak..saya takot nak dekat pegang2..
Old 08-22-2010, 01:20 AM
Pet Nanny

Dah sememangnya kerja dengan binatang liar boy oii.. memula memang lah takut, tapi bila dah lama-lama dah tau nak handle tak la takut sangat tapi kena sentiasa hati-hati sentiasa. Dia geget main pun lebam biru jugak la peha akak ni
Old 08-22-2010, 10:45 AM
PetFinder Buddy

boy_milna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to boy_milna

Quote:
Originally Posted by juannasue View Post
Dah sememangnya kerja dengan binatang liar boy oii.. memula memang lah takut, tapi bila dah lama-lama dah tau nak handle tak la takut sangat tapi kena sentiasa hati-hati sentiasa. Dia geget main pun lebam biru jugak la peha akak ni
OMGmain2 pon sampi lebam biru ye..ishk2..kalau boy xberani la..tapi da lama xpergi zoo..sekarang kalau zoo kat mana yang best ye?