Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Old 12-24-2008, 02:40 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 15
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi View Post
How can we help u kak anum?
AS USUAL VIVI...

JUST PRAY FOR STRIPES RECOVERY... AND EVEN THAT, PRAY FOR HIM NOT TO BE A CARRIER...
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-24-2008, 02:49 PM
vivi's Avatar
vivi vivi is offline
PetFinder Wowwow
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 584
Rep Power: 15
vivi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Ooooh. We all will.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-24-2008, 03:12 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 15
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi View Post
Ooooh. We all will.
Thanks sis...
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-25-2008, 03:31 PM
junleewei junleewei is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 15
junleewei is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

how is he oready kak anum??u oready tol dat person who is going2adopt him onot?
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-26-2008, 11:02 AM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 15
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by junleewei View Post
how is he oready kak anum??u oready tol dat person who is going2adopt him onot?
Hello Jun,

Sorry to say that at this moment I HAVE TO BE SELFFISH... The thing is if akak let Stripes to be in the jungle, the chances of him to get infested by more ticks is really high...

Therefore, the decisions has to be put on hold and the guy will be informed... the second result came in 2 days ago.... The percentage of him to recover is high but he will be under observations. His liver, lungs and the rest are in good condition, which means the Tick Fever he's having now is at an early stage....

But still a lot of precautions need to be taken. He is a happy boy, and we both wouldn't miss visiting him everyday.
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 12-26-2008, 03:09 PM
vivi's Avatar
vivi vivi is offline
PetFinder Wowwow
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 584
Rep Power: 15
vivi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Luckily kak anum and everybody dapat tahu Stripes tick fever early.
God bless.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 12-26-2008, 03:18 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 15
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi View Post
Luckily kak anum and everybody dapat tahu Stripes tick fever early.
God bless.
Yes! Thank Goodness we knew it earlier and decided on the blood test... or else
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 12-26-2008, 06:16 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 18
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Hi Mrs Dolittle,

So sorry I only read this today. How is Stripes now? Has his temperature dropped yet?

BTW, what is tick fever? I've never heard of it before. Do you mean the ticks bit him until he developed fever? Or the ticks had fever and passed it to him? My apologies for sounding naive and stupid.

May the Force be with Stripes. *sending positive thoughts to Stripes*
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 12-27-2008, 11:32 AM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 15
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Hi Mrs Dolittle,

So sorry I only read this today. How is Stripes now? Has his temperature dropped yet?

BTW, what is tick fever? I've never heard of it before. Do you mean the ticks bit him until he developed fever? Or the ticks had fever and passed it to him? My apologies for sounding naive and stupid.

May the Force be with Stripes. *sending positive thoughts to Stripes*
Thanks for your good thoughts Blackie... you were always there for us.

Tick Fever is caused by bacteria call "ehrlichiosis". Stripes got it from SPCA i guess. Well thats the risk we have to take sending a dog to a pound. Lucky thing was it is an early stage and he could be cured, but has to be on antibiotics for about 8 weeks. Even though he will still be a carrier after recovery. Which means, any ticks sucking on his blood and crawl to another dog or human, will be infected.

Should this be serious it could affect the liver, neurological function and it could be fatal.

This is common among dogs and should not be panicked. All we have to do is to make sure that all our pets are ticks free, apply the frontline and a tick bath once a month.

He is now being treated in a clinic and under a close observation for recovery progress. So far, it has not infected any part of the inner body part.

He is doing well and such a happy and playful dog.

Thanks again for asking Blackie. Happy new year to you and Baby Hippo.

Send my love to your family.
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 12-27-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 12-27-2008, 02:23 PM
sillylupie's Avatar
sillylupie sillylupie is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 16
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Sorry to hear about Stripes having Tick Fever...
Will be praying that Stripes recover soon! :)
I'd say, Stripes is very lucky to have you! Sticking to him through "tick" and thin ... hehehe
Give him a big hug for me will ya?
__________________
sillylupie
http://sillylupie.blogspot.com

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 12-27-2008, 04:15 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 15
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
Sorry to hear about Stripes having Tick Fever...
Will be praying that Stripes recover soon! :)
I'd say, Stripes is very lucky to have you! Sticking to him through "tick" and thin ... hehehe
Give him a big hug for me will ya?
Awwww... that's so sweet of you...

Sure will do... we'll give him the biggest hug from you, my sweet sweet Lupie

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 12-28-2008, 10:55 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 18
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Glad to hear that this is quite common among dogs, and that there is no need to panic. Shall continue sending positive thoughts to Stripes until he is fully recovered.

And happy new year to you and your hubby, too. I won't be online as often until after 7 Jan, as Baby Hippo is clearing his annual leave so we have to "go dating".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Thanks for your good thoughts Blackie... you were always there for us.

Tick Fever is caused by bacteria call "ehrlichiosis". Stripes got it from SPCA i guess. Well thats the risk we have to take sending a dog to a pound. Lucky thing was it is an early stage and he could be cured, but has to be on antibiotics for about 8 weeks. Even though he will still be a carrier after recovery. Which means, any ticks sucking on his blood and crawl to another dog or human, will be infected.

Should this be serious it could affect the liver, neurological function and it could be fatal.

This is common among dogs and should not be panicked. All we have to do is to make sure that all our pets are ticks free, apply the frontline and a tick bath once a month.

He is now being treated in a clinic and under a close observation for recovery progress. So far, it has not infected any part of the inner body part.

He is doing well and such a happy and playful dog.

Thanks again for asking Blackie. Happy new year to you and Baby Hippo.

Send my love to your family.
Bina, you're playing with words, ahh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
Sorry to hear about Stripes having Tick Fever...
Will be praying that Stripes recover soon! :)
I'd say, Stripes is very lucky to have you! Sticking to him through "tick" and thin ... hehehe
Give him a big hug for me will ya?
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-29-2008, 08:57 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 15
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Glad to hear that this is quite common among dogs, and that there is no need to panic. Shall continue sending positive thoughts to Stripes until he is fully recovered.

And happy new year to you and your hubby, too. I won't be online as often until after 7 Jan, as Baby Hippo is clearing his annual leave so we have to "go dating".



Bina, you're playing with words, ahh??
Thanks again Blackie... second blood test done today and result bytomorrow. We will know if Stripes will recover or doing better after a week of antibiotics...

Meanwhile, Stripes seems healthy, put on a bit of weight and very playful.

There is another person who is willing to sdopt him... Sigh... a tough decision for us...

We will see how and if its the best for him, we will have to let him go...

BINA,

...
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-29-2008, 09:13 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 18
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Ok, keep us posted, and I'm sure you'll do what is best for Stripes, be it to rehome him or keep him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Thanks again Blackie... second blood test done today and result bytomorrow. We will know if Stripes will recover or doing better after a week of antibiotics...

Meanwhile, Stripes seems healthy, put on a bit of weight and very playful.

There is another person who is willing to sdopt him... Sigh... a tough decision for us...

We will see how and if its the best for him, we will have to let him go...

BINA,

...
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-31-2008, 09:09 PM
lisalau's Avatar
lisalau lisalau is offline
PetFinder Buddy
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 15
lisalau is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Dear Mrsdolittle!
I am terribly sorry for this late reply to you. By the time I am reading this, I am very happy to hear the latest update about Stripes! Stripes is so fortunate to have you and your hubby and veterinary team who are very kind. I am happy to hear Stripes is well except for a bit of cold.

Thank goodness for the breakthrough with Stripes! God bless you and your hubby for your kindness and compassion.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 01-01-2009, 09:26 AM
sillylupie's Avatar
sillylupie sillylupie is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 16
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
"Baby Hippo" is clearing his annual leave so we have to "go dating".



Bina, you're playing with words, ahh??
Baby HIPPO??????? Anyway, I hope you are enjoing your holidays now, rekindle all those love energy! Who knows, Blackie will have a little "slave" soon... muahahahaha

Got meh? Got play with words meh?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
BINA,

...
Anum, - great seeing u!!
__________________
sillylupie
http://sillylupie.blogspot.com

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 01-05-2009, 09:03 AM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 15
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalau View Post
Dear Mrsdolittle!
I am terribly sorry for this late reply to you. By the time I am reading this, I am very happy to hear the latest update about Stripes! Stripes is so fortunate to have you and your hubby and veterinary team who are very kind. I am happy to hear Stripes is well except for a bit of cold.

Thank goodness for the breakthrough with Stripes! God bless you and your hubby for your kindness and compassion.
No worries my dear friend, you have been very kind with your kind thoughts.

Stripes is doing well and he is recovering from the cold. His body is responding well to the medication and coughing the flam out.

Thanks again dear. Yes, Stripes is very lucky to have good vets treating him.

Cheerio..
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 01-05-2009, 09:05 AM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 15
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
Anum, - great seeing u!!
It was a pleasure and honor to have to meet up with both of you hubby and wifey...

How are you dear?
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 01-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Ferreted Ferreted is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bandar Utama
Posts: 415
Rep Power: 0
Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

i apologize for being so late to read this thread again. yes, the dogs in spca are not in a very well condition. they eat rice with a few kibbles and ticks are everywhere. i never knew about this tick fever before.

kak anum, if you bring him home, we can never be sure that your dogs will always be tick free. but then again, who will try their best to make sure of that but you (i mean if he were to be in others' hands). so, it really is how much you love him.

he's been very very lucky.

i pray for him again and send him my love.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 01-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Sashy's Avatar
Sashy Sashy is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 136
Rep Power: 14
Sashy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A dog needs a loving home & family asap

Ticks aren't that hard to kill if you bathe your dog regularly with tick n flea medicine. Theres some leave on stuff around but personally I prefer the bath. Just got to repeat regularly and then whenever you see a flea in case theres eggs in the yard. After some time, BYEBYE fleas.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saying Goodbye to your loving dog dog is my buddy Pet Memorial 17 07-24-2010 07:09 PM
She Needs a home Carol Rescuers & Fosterers 2 11-12-2008 10:12 AM
Do you have write your loving Pet Story at web page dog is my buddy General Discussion 0 10-28-2008 01:59 PM
Gabriel has found a loving family and home ashleywong Success Stories 0 08-18-2008 09:30 AM
My rabbit goes home... vivienlpl Rabbits 0 08-02-2008 08:39 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.