Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 02-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Animal Lover

bellakhan is on a distinguished road
Post Neuro Disorder

Hye..

Im planning to adopt a very cute cat. Im gona name him as Precious cuz i believed there is something special bout him. He is two years old. The rescuer said he is diagnosed with Neuro Disorder. He does get seizures once in awhile and hence is on medication.. I got a long experience with a cat but i never face this kind of problem so please help or guide me on how to take care of this cat cuz im really wana adopt him.. He reminds me of my old cat..

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7049471_n.jpg
Old 02-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Animal Lover

vani is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Neuro Disorder

Hi,

There is a holistic vet, Dr. Susannah from Asia Paws. If you google Asia Paws u would be able to get her number. She does accupuncture and is currently doing treatment on 2 of my dogs and 1 of them has some nerve related problem. Maybe you can talk to her and bring your cat in for consultation and she would most probably be able to help as she is the owner of 9 stray cats including 1 with kidney failure and 1 with AIDS..
Old 02-20-2011, 04:05 AM
Animal Lover

bellakhan is on a distinguished road

Hye..

Thanks for the replies & information.. I really appreciated it.. Is it costly to hv such treatment?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Animal Lover

vani is on a distinguished road

Firstly u have to make sure that its a neuro disorder! Take x-rays if necessary to rule out other issues...sometimes accupuncture wont help if its a problem that needs to be addressed by surgery!!

Her 1st time consultation fees is RM100...u hav to fill in some forms and answer some questions! U also get to discuss with her and the 1 hour session includes accupuncture!

Then u can go for the 5 session package which is RM250 which means per session is Rm50 and its normally 45mins or so! Then there are herbs which she might recommend...its not to expensive, maybe around RM30 or so!!

The number of sessions ur cat needs depends on how fast it recovers and the severity of the problem! Hope I have helped u...