Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Success Stories

Success Stories Share your happy and heart-warming "tails" with our community. Let us know about your successful rescue, rehome or adoption efforts!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Animal Lover

Vee20 is on a distinguished road
Smile "NurKittyLover/Eqin" Case Solved!

Greetings to all PF members and moderators.

This is Nitha. Nicknamed “Vee20” on Petfinder.

This (very first) post of mine concerns an incident (which i believe has left many PF members outraged for the past few days) regarding this woman who’s been adopting kittens from PF and putting them up for sale at a site called Mudah.com.

I didn’t realise that there were discussions in the forums, initially accusing ME of:

1) Being THE person who was doing the horrible act. The same person, using a different phone number on PF and Mudah.com.

2) Getting a lot of calls for the kittens. And that I probably thought I could make “quick” bucks, by just SELLING them.

I’ve been actively putting kittens up for adoption on PF for over 2 years, and NEVER, even ONCE, have i tried to sell ANY of my rescued kittens. The real culprit goes by the nickname “Nurkittylover” on PF, and “Eqin” among adopters.

She adopted two of my kittens, “Reign” and “Dinah”, on Sunday (30/05/2010).
Their sibling “Rascal” was NOT adopted. But Rascal’s PICTURE was used, instead, at the Mudah.com site.

Before moving on, i’d like to thank “Wawa1310” and “Fareen” for notifying me of their suspicions about the advertisments on Mudah.com.

And also, many apologies to "Kyzoor" and "FelixTheCat". I could not answer their calls, i believe they were trying to notify me yesterday.

After realising the situation, I immediately contacted Sherrina Krishnan, founder of the IPR (Independant Rescuers Society). Provided her with details of the incident (the culprits phone number, car plate number which i'd recorded) etc.

Sherrina managed to secure a deal with Eqin within a few hours.

Today evening (01/06/2010), at 6.00 pm in Bukit Jalil, her rescue team appeared at the scene and posed as buyers. The lady, Eqin, came moments afterwards in a car, with a man whom i believe was her husband.

After the rescuers got the kittens out safely, and before any futher transactions could be carried out, I got a signal. Walked out of my car and confronted Eqin. And the MALAYSIA KINI press members, whom Sherrina had requested to document the scene, followed soon afterwards

She got EXPOSED for good.

And we expected difficulties, but things were different.
The lady immediately ADMITTED her actions.
And when asked about WHY she chose to cheat adopters this way, she claimed that she needed money for hospital expenses (she was pregnant).

BUT, I believe...
As TEMPTING as it is/was for me to feel sorry for her, that this still doesn't give ANYONE the right to EXPLOIT another person's TRUST. To PROMISE a lifetime of care to a living being, only to abandon them for MONEY.

Karma works in mysterious ways.
And every small bit of HOPE led us to catching this person today. The kittens were probably praying to BE saved, as much as we were praying for them to BE found.

Eqin left soon afterwards, apologising and promising never to do the same again.

Also, speaking of the rescued kittens, Dinah and Reign are back home, and really HAPPY at that. The alleged "Bengal Mix Kittens" on Mudah.com amusing no?
And also, a THIRD kitten. She looks a lot like "Kitty"? I believe she was fostered previously by the PF member "Anzz":

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...0/DSC_0343.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...0/DSC_0358.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...0/DSC_0321.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...0/DSC_0363.jpg

All three kittens are in good hands. They will have NEW adoption profiles (once they've gotten over their ordeal).

I think there's also a lesson for all of us to learn here. Both adopters and fosterers/rescuers.

Our pets depend on US to find the right homes for them. RUSHING or giving them away for FREE tempts predators, like this woman, to make use of them. By rescuing strays, or keeping pets, we indirectly put on ourselves the obligation of securing PROPER future for them. It's in OUR hands. And for the times that we forsake them, we're the ones who have to pay. Emotionally and in many other ways etc.

P.S: GOD BLESS Sherrina and the other IPR members/press for putting themselves through all the trouble and helping out with this situation. Without them, none of this would've been possible. And also, many thanks to PF members, for all the notifications, and for all their support through the past few distressing days.

Thank you ALL!!
Old 06-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Cat Slave

Fareen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "NurKittyLover/Eqin" Case Solved!

Hi Nitha,

This is such wonderful news!!! I'm glad all ended well for the 3 kittens. I slept yesterday wondering of their fate and if the planned covert ops succeeded :)
I happen to know Sherrina and at one time were close friends. I'm glad she was there to help. I guess it's time to touchbase with her LOL!

I really hope u find genuine adopters this time. Congratulations for getting them back!!! Take care :)

Proud mummy of Sophie / Dexter / Yuki / Heidi / Optimus

Feed your cats BARF!
www.catnutrition.org
Old 06-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Nitha,

Congratulations to you for coordinating this scheme to recover the cats, as well as the others who participated!!

I'm so pleased to hear that all 3 kittens are now safe with you. Yes, I've seen your listings on PF for a long time, and I know you take their welfare seriously.

I will also say this: I know that you do screen potential adopters carefully. I talked with you about the possibility of adopting one of your kittens some time ago, and you asked a LOT of good questions. You are not someone who will hand over your foster cats to the first person who calls! Eqin must have done a good job of convincing you that she would be a suitable adopter.

I know that one thing we've all said we must learn from this incident is to screen potential adopters very carefully, and that's true! But people aren't transparent, and as Nurkasih said in an earlier post, if we make it too difficult, the cats won't get adopted at all. I'm just grateful that Eqin and her husband gracefully returned the cats, and I hope she finds another way to raise money.

Nitha, just think how much more quickly you'll be able to find homes for those kittens, now that you know they are "Bengal" and "Maine Coon"!

And one final note: someone in the last thread suggested that I have issues with pedigreed cats. I love all cats. I have issues with dishonesty and false advertising. These 3 cats need no fake pedigress -- they are gorgeous!!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:01 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Nah..finally solved professionally.. and congratulations.. Actually,like Fareen I was also anxious to know the ending after maneki PM me the other day.I was a bit angry when the thread had been closed by the admin due to hurmm.. (no need to elaborate ait as some might not know how pf really works..and some may have no idea what pf can do..)

Looks like it's happy ending then. Cheers! and hope this one really got us to learn..
Old 06-02-2010, 09:09 AM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Nitha, Sherrina and the gang for masterminding such a magnificent plan! I am DEEPLY TOUCHED that you, Sherrina and gang had gone through such trouble just to rescue the little kittens. I am also HAPPY to hear that you had managed to get them back safely and that they are in safe hands now. Thank you! Thank you!

Like you said there is no excuse for getting money by getting free kittens and selling them as well as conning people about their breed to help with hospitalisation money. There are other ways of 'halal' way of obtaining money.

Yes, Karma works in wonderful ways and I believe in that! Not forgetting team work

Once again thanks for the rescue and update.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 06-02-2010, 10:54 AM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road

I'm happy to see prove of how a group of people who DO care CAN make a difference! This just goes to show that, no matter how impossible something seems (in this case, retrieving the kitties and confronting the culprit) if we just stay positive and think of solutions, then good endings may come.

I hope this will change the mind of doubtful people out there. We really can make a difference, if we think & act positively in the face of negative situations. Thank u thank u thank u, for people like Nitha & the gang!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:07 AM
PetFinder Guru

nur azua is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nur azua

Wah! tragic sungguh keadaan kepada si jahat eqin tu..tula..mengandung3 pon nk tipu..pegi ajela klinik kerajaan klu dh tahu xmampu nk byr bill mahal3..wtpe la spi nk tipu3 org..kn malu besar dah..tertumpas sudah satu kes jahat begini..syukur..

Nitha, glad tht all ur cats are home again..welcome xD

rasa berbunga3 hati ku ini bila tahu c jahat dh kalah..hehe

syukur Alhamdulillah...
Old 06-02-2010, 11:31 AM
PetFinder Administrator

Administrator has disabled reputation

Hi Vee20,

Congratulations on discovering the truth on the fraudulent adopter. You and Sherrina have set an excellent example in seeking the truth and not allowing the fraudster to get away with such malicious deeds.

We have already marked NurKittyLover's profile as a fraudulent account on PetFinder and permanently disabled it so no changes can be made by her anymore. This will be listed at our Scam profiles page as well for the benefit of other members:

http://www.petfinder.my/members/nurkittylover/

http://www.petfinder.my/scams.htm

We wish you all the best in finding homes again for the 3 rescued kittens!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:39 AM
PetFinder Guru

Kyzoor is on a distinguished road

Salam Nitha.....,

Congratulation n alhamdullillah semuanya selesai. Semoga allah s.w.t permudahkan rezeki nitha n all the crew yang bersusah payah utk solved this case..amin........terharu sgt ngan kesungguhan PF2 member sini.......rugi pasal Wan baru join PF baru2 nie........kalau taw awal2 dah jadi member.....hehehhe.....anyway tahniah sekali lagi......

Kyzoor
Old 06-02-2010, 11:43 AM
PetFinder Guru

Kyzoor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nur azua View Post
Wah! tragic sungguh keadaan kepada si jahat eqin tu..tula..mengandung3 pon nk tipu..pegi ajela klinik kerajaan klu dh tahu xmampu nk byr bill mahal3..wtpe la spi nk tipu3 org..kn malu besar dah..tertumpas sudah satu kes jahat begini..syukur..

syukur Alhamdulillah...
Salam Nur azua......,

Berbunga2 eks? bagilah bunga tue kat Wan sikit....hehhehe....alhamdullilah n Wan pun lega kerana dapat balik dah 3 bulus tue.....once again tahniah Nitha n to all.....

Kyzoor
Old 06-02-2010, 11:57 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nur azua View Post

syukur Alhamdulillah...
I do not think we need to loathe NurKitty anymore. I am human, you are human, we make mistakes, we regret..and loathing will not help.

we are here people, to congrats and cherish the solved incident..not to practice our despising / loathing technique. The punishment? Leave it to GOD. We human done our parts. TQ
Old 06-02-2010, 12:03 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurkasih View Post
I do not think we need to loathe NurKitty anymore. I am human, you are human, we make mistakes, we regret..and loathing will not help.

we are here people, to congrats and cherish the solved incident..not to practice our despising / loathing technique. The punishment? Leave it to GOD. We human done our parts. TQ
ter'emo sket..tu psl cmtu tulesnye..huhu..sorry..
Old 06-02-2010, 12:08 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzoor View Post
Salam Nur azua......,

Berbunga2 eks? bagilah bunga tue kat Wan sikit....hehhehe....alhamdullilah n Wan pun lega kerana dapat balik dah 3 bulus tue.....once again tahniah Nitha n to all.....

Kyzoor
bg kt awk?? xleh3..sy suke bunge3 ni..hehe..nt dh jd taman,bru leh kasik kt org..
Old 06-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Animal Lover

sue82 is on a distinguished road

salam..nk tmpg tny..if profile yg ni
http://www.petfinder.my/members/hellokitty5/

dr org yg sama ke?? sbb berminat nk beli kitten dr org ni..tp nama die nur kitty le pulak
org yg sama ke?
Old 06-02-2010, 04:07 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue82 View Post

dr org yg sama ke?? sbb berminat nk beli kitten dr org ni..tp nama die nur kitty le pulak
org yg sama ke?
Rasanya bukan.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 06-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Cat Slave

Quote:

org yg sama ke?
Hi,
I rasa ini orang lain. Nur Kitty yang ini pernah nak adopt 3 ekor Persian saya for FREE. Tapi disebabkan dia Ada 9 ekor kucing, saya rasa dia x berapa sesuai. Budak ni bagitau saya, dia x breed kucing dia tapi nampaknya sekarang dia Ada 7ekor kitten utk dijual dengan harga 500-800 each??? tapi Persian I mintak free? mmmmm....pikir2 sendiri :)

Feed your cats BARF!
www.catnutrition.org
Old 06-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareen View Post
Hi,
I rasa ini orang lain. Nur Kitty yang ini pernah nak adopt 3 ekor Persian saya for FREE. Tapi disebabkan dia Ada 9 ekor kucing, saya rasa dia x berapa sesuai. Budak ni bagitau saya, dia x breed kucing dia tapi nampaknya sekarang dia Ada 7ekor kitten utk dijual dengan harga 500-800 each??? tapi Persian I mintak free? mmmmm....pikir2 sendiri :)
lah ye ke k fareen?
baru ingt nk beli dr die
sekor drpd kitten die tu sebijik mcm kucing sy yg baru mati
Old 06-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Cat Slave

Quote:
lah ye ke k fareen?
baru ingt nk beli dr die
sekor drpd kitten die tu sebijik mcm kucing sy yg baru mati
:) Up to u Sue. K Fareen cuma cerita pengalaman. Rasa sedih jugak org amik kesempatan atas kucing. lagi2 yg x jujur. Ada org amik kucing free jual balik. Ada pulak amik kucing free jadi breeding cat pastu jual mahal. tapi pasal Nurkitty yg ini x taulah apa pulak alasannya. Akak x leh tuduh apa2 sbb akk pun x kasi kucing kat dia. cuma yg akk tau dia pernah bgtau akk yg dia x breed kucing....So Sue buatlah pilihan baik2 :)

Feed your cats BARF!
www.catnutrition.org
Old 06-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Animal Lover

Vee20 is on a distinguished road

To Fareen, NurKasih, MidnightMaiden, FelixTheCat, ManekiNeko, NurAzua, Kyzoor and our Administrator:

Thank you! Especially for the well wishes on the kittens behalf.
We'll all collectively make sure that the kittens find better homes from here on, won't we?

@ManekiNeko: Bengals and Mainecoons, can't agree more. They're basically celebrities now just wait till the public gets a hold of their story.

P.S: This will teach culprits to NEVER mess with PetFinder and it's members again. We've got a bunch of FIERCE pet lovers on the watch it only took two days to put a stop to the whole drama imagine that. We're just awesome, aren't we?

THANK YOU once again everyone!

Last edited by Vee20; 06-02-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareen View Post
:) Up to u Sue. K Fareen cuma cerita pengalaman. Rasa sedih jugak org amik kesempatan atas kucing. lagi2 yg x jujur. Ada org amik kucing free jual balik. Ada pulak amik kucing free jadi breeding cat pastu jual mahal. tapi pasal Nurkitty yg ini x taulah apa pulak alasannya. Akak x leh tuduh apa2 sbb akk pun x kasi kucing kat dia. cuma yg akk tau dia pernah bgtau akk yg dia x breed kucing....So Sue buatlah pilihan baik2 :)
huhu..konfius ni k fareen..
skrg ni dh mcm gile bayang smenjak kucing sy, chi mati
xtau camne nk get over it sbb tetibe je die meninggal
dhla bela sekor je, sy pulak xde anak lagi..jd mmg terasa sgt2 kehilangan die
ingt nk cr yg hampir sama , nk bagi nama sama
nk adopt stray cat agaknye merbahaya x utk kandungan sbb sy tgh try dptkn anak skrg ni..konfius :(