Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself to our fun community and meet some new friends here!

Old 11-05-2008, 11:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

Nana is on a distinguished road
Default Hi...I'm new here..

Hi..just to introduce..Nana here...

I have a pair of cats..that is Bulan and Bintang...It's my first time having pets of my own...So i'm all on the go, with finding information in caring for them...

I've been stressed out thinking and making decision regarding spaying/neutering my cats. It scares to me to think of the procedure and what they'll be going through.... Hence, I'm here...to ask for your experiences with you pets....hope to hear things that can reduce my anxiousness.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:20 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hi...I'm new here..

Hi Nana,
Welcome to petfinder, Thank you for found up, How did you find petfinder.my? By the way you can post your loving cats. Welcome again! Oh, and you might want to add your avatar to your post.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 11-06-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:31 AM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

hye nana..
welcome to petfinder!
here's a pink carpet for you ____________________
do enjoy your stay here and don't hesitate to ask any help...

neway nice name for your cats,bulan and bintang...
eventho simple but nice..

neway about spaying/neutering as i know it, eventho it's quite a major surgery for pets but mostly it'll give more good effects on the pets..
such as by neutering your pets lifespan will be prolong and it'll also contribute to a much more healthier pets..
that just sums up the benefits of neutering/spaying...
maybe other forumers can add more on this topic..
neway welcome again!

Last edited by BabyZee; 11-06-2008 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:35 AM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point

Salam dan Selamat Datang Nana..
Pakcu harap u bergembira dan dapat ramai kawan2 seperjuangan kat sini. Jangan malu kalau nak minta pertolongan atau nasihat, dia orang semua terror-terror dan tak lokek berkongsi ceriter atau pengalaman. Kalau boleh pastekan pic kucing u, so we all dapat tengok and tumpang happy. Berkenaan neuter/spay tu, ni ada sikit artikel... might help you to decide. Stay cool k.

Advantages of SPAYING or NEUTERING your pet.

1. Pet Population Control
Thousands of stray pets face euthanasia or are suffering on the streets so, please spay your pets and help prevent this problem.
2. Heath Benefits
* Females
o Decreases the risk of mammary tumors (breast cancer)
o Eliminates the risk of uterine infections (pyometra)
o Reduces the risk of TVT (Transmissible Venereal Tumour), a sexually transmitted cancer.
* Males
o Reduces the chances of TVT
o Eliminates the risk of testicular cancer
o Markedly reduces the risk of prostrate cancer, anal gland cancer
3. Behaviour Benefits
* Reduces stress
* Prevents wandering and roaming in search of females, which can lead to:
o road accidents
o fighting leading to wounds and infections
o spread of diseases such as TVT
* Eliminates marking of territory by urine spraying and reduces odor
* Reduces interdog aggression.

Why spay or neuter your pet?
There are many medical and behavioral benefits from spaying or neutering your pets. These includes:

1. Easier for you.
* Avoid embarrassing moments where dogs like to 'mount' on peoples leg.
* Eliminate the the frantic pacing and crying while in heat.
2. Healthier for your pet.
* Avoid the risks of pregnancy and birth.
* Reduces the risk of prostate problems and testicular tumors later in life.
* Reduces the possibility of mammary tumors.
3. Reduce the overpopulation problem.
* One male can impregnate many females, resulting in unwanted kittens
and puppies.
* You don't have to worry of what to do with the unplanned litters of
puppies and kittens.
4. Eliminates sexual frustration.
* A frustrated male can do bad things like jump fences and bump on the
door in order to mate.
* Spayed and neutered pets are more relax and are loyal to your family.

To neuter or not to neuter?
You may have chosen not to neuter your cat without realizing the long term effect. Starting from 2 cats, you my end up with as many as 20,000 kittens in a matter of 7 years.

Do you have the means to care for them or to find them homes? It is a known fact that there are a lot of stray cats wandering all around town. The majority of them cannot get sufficient food and are exposed to diseases and to the taunting and cruelty of heartless folks; or may end up maimed or dead from accidents.

According to the experts, neutered cats are healthier and less prone cancerous of the reproductive organs. Cats become less likely to wander and will therefore not get lost, hurt, sick and not incur the wrath of the public from their mating activities.

We have referred to the "Jawatankuasa Kemajuan Islam Malaysia" regarding the neutering of pets. Below is the "fatwa" issued by JAKIM (July 2002):

"All pets like cats and dogs are allowed to be neutered or spayed in order to maintain the health and welfare of both the animals and the community."

"Bahawa mengembiri binatang kesayangan seperti kucing atau anjing hukumnya adalah diharuskan dengan sebab-sebab tertentu iaitu bagi menjaga muslahat ummah."

After studying the messages of the aforementioned "mazhab"s and the medical viewpoint of the SPCA animal experts, 'JAKIM' has decided that neutering of cats for reasons of 'maslahat' is acceptable. It is in agreement with 'qaedah' (way) Fiqhiyyah which states "To choose the lesser of two evils".

In view of the good which can be derived, neutering can be carried out for the well-being of your pet cat. Do not be of two minds anymore. Hurry to your vet to make an appointment to neuter your cat.

POST-OPERATIVE CARE

1. Take care while carrying your pet home, trying not to move or touch the operated area.
2. Your pet may take anywhere from 1 – 3 hours before it starts to wake up from the anaesthetic. During this time, it is important to place your pet in a safe, sheltered and quiet area for recovery, where it could not fall down and hurt itself (as your pet may not be able to balance itself yet).
3. Place your pet on some bedding such as cloth or newspapers to keep them warm. Your pet may urinate/defecate while still anaesthetized, so be sure to keep them clean and dry.
4. Offer your pet food and water only when your pet is up and able to walk properly (your pet may drown in the water bowl if it is still sleepy). Sometimes, your pet will only gain its appetite the day after the operation (it takes overnight for your pet to fully recover from the anaesthetic). During this recovery, some pets may vomit. Do not be alarmed, it is common for this occur.
5. Confine your pet for 10-14 days after the day of surgery (if possible in a cage), to limit their activity and movement. This ensures proper healing of the wound.
6. Check on the operated area at least once a day for the next 2 weeks. Make sure the area is always clean and dry, and the wound is not opened. If you notice any problems such as bloody discharge, pus, sudden swelling, foul smell, or opening of the wound, please contact a vet right away!
7. Some pets may have a bandage over the operated area. You may leave it on for 3-4 days, as long as it is clean and dry. If the pet removes the bandage by itself sooner than 3-4 days, it is OK. Your pet may lick the area a little, but do check that they do not lick and bite excessively.
8. Do not bathe your pet for at least 7 days. If your pet is dirty, wipe it with a damp towel. Please keep the incision site dry, as water may go in and infection will occur.
9. You may come back to Klink Kembiri for a free post-operative check up about 2 weeks after the operation (please call us first to make sure we are open). Some pets that need their stitches removed can be done at this time.
10. If any problem arises, please contact a vet as soon as possible!!

Thank you for being a responsible pet owner!!
EARLY AGE NEUTERING - POST OPERATIVE CARE

1. Please wait for at least 1 hour in the clinic after the surgery to ensure that your pet fully recovers from the anaesthetics.
2. Offer some food about 1 hour after surgery, or when they are fully awake.
3. Bring your pet home in a towel/cloth to keep them warm.
4. Place your pet in a safe, quiet and dark place when arrive home.
5. A few hours after the surgery, there may be some vomiting or the animal may urinate/defecate while sleeping. This is OK. Just remember to clean it up.
6. Ensure they are kept clean, warm and dry, and has access to clean drinking water at all times.
7. Confine your pet for 10-14 days after the day of surgery (if possible in a cage), to limit their activity and movement. This ensures proper healing of the wound.
8. Offer food several times a day. If your pet is not eating or has no appetite after the surgery, try to hand feed/coax feed some of its favourite food. If they are still not eating, bring them back to Klinik Kembiri or to a nearest vet IMMEDIATELY!!
9. Check on the incision site several times a day. The wound should be clean and dry. If the wound has opened up, or if you notice any pus or blood coming out from the wound, bring them back to Klinik Kembiri or to a nearest vet AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
10. If there are any uncertainties, please do not hesitate to call us.[/right][/center]

"PREVENT A LITTER, FIX YOUR CRITTER!"
Old 11-06-2008, 09:28 AM
PetFinder Guru

abzalia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to abzalia

salam/hi Nana..
welkam...welkammm...

sila laaaa.... (sambil bentang tikar mengkuang...)

insyaAllah kat sini member2 akan bg tunjuk ajar @ sharing ape2 kat nana ok...

kat sini sume bleh enjoy & besttt..!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Meow's Pets

firdaruddin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to firdaruddin

salam..

selamat datang cik nana ke forum petfinder..semoga cik nana dapat menjumpai apa yang cik nana cari di forum ini.TK.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:37 AM
PetFinder Guru

I found this site a while a go, when I first got Bulan n Bintang. Just came across it as I was searching for things to read up. But then I thought it was only for adopting giving away cats…didn’t know there’s forum here…then, as I kept searching for infos….found the forum…so here I am!

Ya I will update my profile…that is after I finish my exam …I’m a student, I stay on my own in KL... My family is in Sabah…(Another issue that might rise in 2 years time, how do I bring them home????)

Waa…u all memang gempak…xsampai 24 jam Nana sign up..dah welcomed.

BabyZee, Pakcu, thanks….

Hmmm…mmg dah byk read up…byk benefits of neutering kan….the thing is I have 1 male and 1 female, both are kept indoor. Should I do 1, should I do both? Either way, how about postoperative care? Ada risk factor ke procedure tu?

Hari tu they both got vaccinated, so for that 1 day, they were extremely passive and they wouldn’t eat….Vet mmg ada bgtau, they’re going to be like that…but I couldn’t help it, sedih sgt ..I cried while forcing them to eat n drink…cant’ imagine how it’d be like to care for them after neutering. Pastu dgr2 ada org kate, kucing akan jadi jahat lepas kembiri…btl ke? Dah read up, xjumpe pn, byk jumpe positive consequences la...tp sb aunty sendiri yg ckp..tu firsthand experience tu…Hmm….Maybe I need to read up more...dlm forum ni msti ramai yg lbh byk experience kn...nt nana go thru n see..

Abzalia, firdaruddin…thanks…ha’ah..Nana tgk thru forum ni pn…mcm2 ada…. kene find time and sit utk read thru ni…

thanks everyone...
Old 11-06-2008, 10:47 AM
PetFinder Guru

nik_tropicana is on a distinguished road

nana..welcome to petfinder....
ape lagi..post la gmbr anak bulu nana tu...
psl neuter/spay, jap g insyaallah byk otai2 forumer akan bg nasihat...
nana student lagi n klu nak spay/neuter, g klinik kerajaan..dpt murah ckit..
Old 11-06-2008, 10:58 AM
PetFinder Guru

abzalia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to abzalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana View Post
I found this site a while a go, when I first got Bulan n Bintang. Just came across it as I was searching for things to read up. But then I thought it was only for adopting giving away cats…didn’t know there’s forum here…then, as I kept searching for infos….found the forum…so here I am!

Ya I will update my profile…that is after I finish my exam …I’m a student, I stay on my own in KL... My family is in Sabah…(Another issue that might rise in 2 years time, how do I bring them home????)

BabyZee, Pakcu, thanks….

Hmmm…mmg dah byk read up…byk benefits of neutering kan….the thing is I have 1 male and 1 female, both are kept indoor. Should I do 1, should I do both? Either way, how about postoperative care? Ada risk factor ke procedure tu?

Hari tu they both got vaccinated, so for that 1 day, they were extremely passive and they wouldn’t eat….Vet mmg ada bgtau, they’re going to be like that…but I couldn’t help it, sedih sgt ..I cried while forcing them to eat n drink…cant’ imagine how it’d be like to care for them after neutering. Pastu dgr2 ada org kate, kucing akan jadi jahat lepas kembiri…btl ke? Dah read up, xjumpe pn, byk jumpe positive consequences la...tp sb aunty sendiri yg ckp..tu firsthand experience tu…Hmm….Maybe I need to read up more...dlm forum ni msti ramai yg lbh byk experience kn...nt nana go thru n see..

Abzalia, firdaruddin…thanks…ha’ah..Nana tgk thru forum ni pn…mcm2 ada…. kene find time and sit utk read thru ni…

thanks everyone...

memang pun nana..kat sini memang meriah...ramai yang akan bg respond kat semua soklan2 nana....akak ari tuh pun cam x caye jek bila kedatangan kite orang sedar & dialu2kan...

love u olllllsss guyyyysss
Old 11-06-2008, 09:08 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

welcome to the forum nana..!~
Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Welcome Nana.wah!! sekampung kita rupanya.Sabah mana ni?? sia Sabah Kota Kinabalu.ada lg sorang Sabahan,si Nurul aka Felix The Cat.Sikul dimana nih?? Sia tinggal di Tmn Shamelin Perkasa,si Nurul tinggal di Bandar Tasik Selatan.

Quote:

BabyZee, Pakcu, thanks….

thanks everyone...
Old 11-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Meow's Pets

fuhhhhhh....bila orang sabah berjumpa....

kita sigup dulu..hehehe
Old 11-07-2008, 01:11 AM
PetFinder Guru

BellXun is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Hi...I'm new here..

Welcome Nana.

Hope u enjoy forum. many many nice people here. :)
Old 11-07-2008, 02:49 PM
PetFinder Guru

Waaaa.... U all memang happening....I'm happy to be here...

Introducing.....BULAN....This was when HE had pink collar...cause Nana igt Bulan tu Female...rupanya Male...sian die....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00126.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	1692

And this is BINTANG...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00189.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	1693

Nik_tropicana- Nana gi hospital kat cheras tu..tu goverment kan? tp xtanya lagi brp cost nak buat tu...

June-- Sy org KK jgk..hehe...skrg ni sy tinggal di kampung baru...kau study ka kerja? Permanent ka di sini? huhuhu... sy blm hbs exam ba ni... tp mau juga m'update...sb meriah betul la sini ni...

Filinlee, Bellxun...Thanks..happy to be here..

Abzalia...I'd have to be agree..tempat ni memang happening!!

Thanks everyone....
Old 11-07-2008, 03:09 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

handsome boy.. x per.. kucen i yang jantan pon ada yang kena pakai pink kaler.. huhuuhuh ensem sey... eparuh muka itam putih...mysterious gitew....

yang nih ada dye ker rambut.. ada blond cket2.. eheheheh
Old 11-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

wuahahahah!! cute gila bah kucing ko Nana.muka setampik hitam setampik putih tu.

eh,ko taukah,sia punya adik paling kecik nama pun Nana.sini mmg happening Nana.heboh2 saja kamirang ni.

sia sama si Nurul kerja sini.klu sia sudah kahwin org sini.kamirang ni old enough to be your big sister.so kena panggil kamirang ka che skrg.

Quote:
Waaaa.... U all memang happening....I'm happy to be here...

Introducing.....BULAN....This was when HE had pink collar...cause Nana igt Bulan tu Female...rupanya Male...sian die....

Attachment 1692

And this is BINTANG...

Attachment 1693

Nik_tropicana- Nana gi hospital kat cheras tu..tu goverment kan? tp xtanya lagi brp cost nak buat tu...

June-- Sy org KK jgk..hehe...skrg ni sy tinggal di kampung baru...kau study ka kerja? Permanent ka di sini? huhuhu... sy blm hbs exam ba ni... tp mau juga m'update...sb meriah betul la sini ni...

Filinlee, Bellxun...Thanks..happy to be here..

Abzalia...I'd have to be agree..tempat ni memang happening!!

Thanks everyone....
Old 11-07-2008, 09:30 PM
PetFinder Guru

Whopsss..Kak June ya....sorry...xt'fikir langsung plk pasal umur suma2 member di sini ni...hehe...sb semua happy go lucky....Sy 23 thn...masuk 5 thn sudah di KL ni.....maybe in 2 years time, blk KK....

Hehe...Bulan tu garang skt...Bintang tu memang 3 color..klu gmbr badan baru nampak...

Nana masih dlm process learning, dlm petfinder ni....nak update profile pn, masih merangkak....hmmm...cmne fillin buat gambar tu jd besar ek?

Member2 dlm ni, sume dari area KL ke? Nana ada gak baca threads yg lain...ada yg mention psl threads kat Kg. Lama... blh tau apa kg. lama tu?
Old 11-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Meow's Pets

Quote:
Whopsss..Kak June ya....sorry...xt'fikir langsung plk pasal umur suma2 member di sini ni...hehe...sb semua happy go lucky....Sy 23 thn...masuk 5 thn sudah di KL ni.....maybe in 2 years time, blk KK....

Hehe...Bulan tu garang skt...Bintang tu memang 3 color..klu gmbr badan baru nampak...

Nana masih dlm process learning, dlm petfinder ni....nak update profile pn, masih merangkak....hmmm...cmne fillin buat gambar tu jd besar ek?

Member2 dlm ni, sume dari area KL ke? Nana ada gak baca threads yg lain...ada yg mention psl threads kat Kg. Lama... blh tau apa kg. lama tu?
kg. lama tu adalah forum diorang dulu..tempat mereka "berkampung"..takpe lah...biarkan lah perkara yang dah lepas tu lepas..kita enjoy di rumah baru ni..ok?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:46 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road

Hi welcome nana,
I'm from Sabah too and still in Sabah.
Pasal mau bawa balik bulan dan bintang, kau boleh tanya dog is my buddy. Dia baru bagitau saya. Tapi lupa itu address di mana pula.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Mama Kabu & ChiChi

anitayusof00 is on a distinguished road

Salam nana,
Welcome to petfinder....Apa2 yg musykil tu, jangan segan bertanya. Kat sini ramai otai ada....penghulu, ezer, andy, abgraldo. june etc..
Kucen ko yg pakai loceng pink tu ada iras2 Peter Criss dari kump rock kapak KISS era 70 & 80an dulu laa... Cuma dia hitam both sides, kucen ko hitam sebelah jer...
http://images.google.com.my/imgres?i...%3D2%26hl%3Den