Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Old 08-27-2009, 12:24 PM
PetFinder Buddy

monkee94 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to monkee94
Default Abandoned Dog

Last two nights as my brother and I were walking home, we chanced upon an abandoned house. Being curious we decided to check it out. upon closer inspection we noticed that the there was a dog staying inside that house.

When we ask the neighbors about the house, they said that it has been abandoned for 3 years already. There used to be two dogs but one was poisoned by thieves. The remaining dog is being feed by a good Samaritan but sadly the food is being eaten not by the dog but by rats and crows.

There is also a lady that has the key to the house and comes and clean it. According to the neighbors the lady is keeping the dog to take care of the house as they still have personal belongings in there. Hope you guys can advise us on what to do. We know that it is illegal to remove the dog without the consent of the owner but this treatment seems rather unreasonable for the dog.

P.S- We went there again last night to feed him/her but he/she wouldn't touch the food. Probably he/she is wary of being poisoned.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Animal Lover

mimipurr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Abandoned Dog

Hello,

God bless you for even caring for the poor dog! I think you should first report it to SPCA. Then make sure you follow up to see if they take any action.If SPCA ignores you then take the dog away to either rehome or keep as your pet. However you could only do this if the dog is friendly/trusting enough. No dog should live that way and the people who left him/her behind should be fined for animal cruelty!!

rgds,
mimi
Old 09-02-2009, 02:39 PM
PetFinder Buddy

monkee94 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to monkee94
Default Re: Abandoned Dog

I thought of reporting it to SPCA but i'm afraid that they will euthanize the dog. As for taking him/her away might be hard. Still trying to gain his/her trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimipurr View Post
Hello,

God bless you for even caring for the poor dog! I think you should first report it to SPCA. Then make sure you follow up to see if they take any action.If SPCA ignores you then take the dog away to either rehome or keep as your pet. However you could only do this if the dog is friendly/trusting enough. No dog should live that way and the people who left him/her behind should be fined for animal cruelty!!

rgds,
mimi