Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 12-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Animal Lover

thea is on a distinguished road
Unhappy should i giving up??

hmm...its almost 4month i adopted thea from one of my friend. i love her..i pamper her with good food, comfortable cage and so on..unfortunately she never been listen and close to me until now.she is so super duper hyper-active kitten. she simply jump hit the wall and slide down.by the time she play, she hurt me as well. everyday i will get scratches or bleeding because of her bites..i know maybe she stressed because i just kept her indoor all the time but dia betul-betul menguji kesabaran sy.pleasee help me guys..should i send her to her now homes???but i love her so muchhhh
Old 12-19-2011, 04:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

Rayquaza17 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: should i giving up??

Thea, you couldn't just give up like that. You couldn't expect a 4 mth old kitten to just sit there looking at thin air. They are still kids and very young too. Don't tell me that young kids never play around and just sit in the corner of the room? When they reach to the age of spaying, spay them cause they will get calmer. She never listen to you cause she is very excited all the time. You couldn't expect when you take care of animal you will not have any scratches.
Every animal owner have to expect even the tiniest scratches.

I have a lot of scratches+ bite marks from my dog, cat and bunnies. Even hamster that I foster. If she is stress out that she is indoor, you might consider to buy her some toys plus a cat stand and so on to let her play so that she will tire herself out. If you love her, keep on going. You adopted her because you wanted to give her a good home don't you? Changing houses will let the cat even stress out. You wouldn't want that right? Don't give up now.
I am always here to hear your problems out
Old 12-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Animal Lover

icenexus is on a distinguished road

well active means good. anyway since she is a kitten and there is no mother cat u need to teach her in the place of the mother cat i.e. train the kitten. i'm not that good with cats as i don't have to train them(my late dog did it for me) although i scold/hit them sometimes when they do something wrong. this helps my cats to be obedient. i also agree with rayquaza that the kitten is behaving just like a kid at that age. anyway, try to picking up some reading material on how to train a cat or ask your friends who have cats.

some stuff that i do with my cats:
when i play with them i use a toy/stick. they like to chase it >.<
instead of playing with her, try stroking her head/petting her. (my cats like it and becomes more calm)

oh... and try to put a collar around your kitten. 1 of my cats became more homely after that. (my parents say maybe its because of the collar) hmmm...

all the best to you =)

Last edited by icenexus; 12-19-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:01 AM
Animal Lover

thea is on a distinguished road

thanks guys...
soo touchingthank you for all your advices guys. really appreciated it.my tears fall when I read your postsafter that I started realizing what i gonna do is wrong. maybe i'm a bit disappointed with the possibility of Thea behavior, that is why I thought to do so. and now when i look at her face,i feel very stupid!!how could i i cannot imagine my life without her after this if I do so. thank you for advising me. i will never give up!I will continue to keep Thea as long as i can no matter what..
Old 12-22-2011, 01:59 AM
PetFinder Guru

Rayquaza17 is on a distinguished road

That's great if you thought about it again :) You can talk to me anything about cats,dogs..etc. I might be able to help eventhough is a little.