Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 05-27-2010, 07:26 PM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road
Default Irresponsible vets

(Not sure if I'm in the right category, so do move this if this isn't the right place)

I just received a call from a fellow cat lover - She has just started to rescue, foster and rehome strays. Last weekend she found a two month old kitten with a dislocated shoulder. It was meowing nonstop in pain. She immediately brought the kitten to a vet near her home. The vet was just leaving for the day. (This was Saturday afternoon, around 12.50pm) She asked the vet if he could please take a look at the kitten. The vet's reply - They're closed for the day, come back tomorrow, or take the kitten to a 24 animal hospital - without even looking at the kitten in pain!

My friend then told him that she just rescued this stray and it seems to be in pain, and she knows that the animal hosp is expensive, could he just help have a quick look to see the severity of the pain. The vet again repeated that they should just come back tomorrow or just go to the animal hosp if they want immediate medical attention. (All the while ignoring the helpless kitten! Not even a glance in it's direction!)

My friend then went to another nearby vet. This vet was doubtful when she told him that this is a stray kitten she found (probably thinking that she just wants a discount) He then went on questioning her motives for rescuing strays. He then told her that maybe in the US or UK it was worth it to do these sort of thing, since they can claim back the expenses from animal societies, but over here it's not worth it bc it comes from our own pocket money. He then told her to bring this cat back in 3 weeks for vaccination as his clinic does vaccines '"çheap"" at RM60. He then warned her against mixing the kitten with her other household cats and warned that if she doesn't get him vaccinated & her existing cats falls sick, then theres no point in him treating them at that point as they would probably die anyway. (!!!!!) He then charged her an exorbitant sum for the kitten's treatment.

My question here is this: Aren't vets supposed to be animal loving people who should be encouraging & educating us to help & rescue animals? Shouldn't it be second nature for them to see a creature in need and take a few precious seconds to examine these wounded creatures? Have they become so numb to animal's plight & suffering after seeing wounded animals day in and day out??? Where is their compassion??? Are they just in it for the money!!!!

I'm positive that definitely not all vets are like these two. But, take my friend, for example, who has just started rescuing animals... what message does this send to her when EVEN VETS COULDN'T CARE LESS???

If this is the norm in Malaysia, then I'm ashamed to be a part of this type of society.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

oni hatamah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Irresponsible vets

MM

The vet clinic should be made known, I would not want to pay even 1 sen to this unprofessional vet. Why in the first place they became a vet, it is bcoz it is easier to pass the exam than the full medical student and you will still be call doctor. What a shame
Old 05-27-2010, 07:52 PM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni hatamah View Post
mm

the vet clinic should be made known, i would not want to pay even 1 sen to this unprofessional vet. Why in the first place they became a vet, it is bcoz it is easier to pass the exam than the full medical student and you will still be call doctor. What a shame
1000% agree!!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:50 PM
PetFinder Guru

The first one is in Jln Genting Kelang. I've been there before, & I find his medication good & the vet tu usually quite nice la. My friend tu pun quite a regular there, tu yg memang terkejut when I heard abt this incident... (Fine...I'm giving him benefit of the doubt..maybe he really was in a hurry...tapi...ignoring a kitten in pain is inexcusable!)

The 2nd one is located at Jalan Gombak,near to traffic lite. It's together with a petshop. Yg ni memang I've heard negative reviews before, so I'll definitely never send any of my kids there

Haih..camna ni...semua vet yg dekat2 ngan rumah nak kena blacklist nih...hihi...

Nice vets where are u, we need more of u around!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

nur azua is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nur azua

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
The first one is in Jln Genting Kelang. I've been there before, & I find his medication good & the vet tu usually quite nice la. My friend tu pun quite a regular there, tu yg memang terkejut when I heard abt this incident... (Fine...I'm giving him benefit of the doubt..maybe he really was in a hurry...tapi...ignoring a kitten in pain is inexcusable!)

The 2nd one is located at Jalan Gombak,near to traffic lite. It's together with a petshop. Yg ni memang I've heard negative reviews before, so I'll definitely never send any of my kids there

Haih..camna ni...semua vet yg dekat2 ngan rumah nak kena blacklist nih...hihi...

Nice vets where are u, we need more of u around!!!
salam..

first of all,i think some people who r titled with VET is not really pet lover! seen n heard a lot..tht my opinion thru my observation..no offence..

psl vet kt genting klang tu..mmg ade dgr cite vet tu xbgs..n pnah sbbkn kematian gp kwn sy..anyway..i already blacklist the vet..nama clinic tu klinik haiwan genting klang..xpyhla pegi..dhla clinic dr luar pon tgk xlalu..huhuh
*midnightmaiden,klinik tu ke??*

psl soalan vet yg bgs n vet tu sndri animal lover tu,ade je..

sorg yg sy taw bgs is dkt damansara..many people suggested her clinic..
Old 05-27-2010, 11:08 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nur azua View Post
salam..

psl vet kt genting klang tu..mmg ade dgr cite vet tu xbgs..n pnah sbbkn kematian gp kwn sy..anyway..i already blacklist the vet..nama clinic tu klinik haiwan genting klang..xpyhla pegi..dhla clinic dr luar pon tgk xlalu..huhuh
*midnightmaiden,klinik tu ke??*
Wawa, nama sebenar klinik dirahsiakan bagi mengelakkan fitnah Almaklumlah, bukan saya yg firsthand kena ngan the vet, so biarlah org punya badan yg reveal sendiri (tapi..rasanya kat jln genting kelang tu mmg ada vet tu satu je kan )

But I do have to say, pernah ada experience ngan dia, and he seems to know what he's doing when it comes to cats. In fact, dia pernah operate potong kaki this stray cat yg dah terkulai & rasanya he didn't charge too expensive. So, adalah jugak kebaikan vet ni. wallahuallam maybe he was having a bad day.

Tapi yg 2nd vet tu mmg I tak berkenan sejak dulu lagi. My friend's cat jatuh from her condo and patah dua2 kaki belakang...chronic at that time.. & the vet cakap kalau nak treat the cat,surgery etc, my friend kena bring him over herself to his clinic in Nilai! (mak oii jauhnya)

My friend ended up bawak her cat tu the Animal Hosp. There she was charged >RM4k for surgery etc tapi tak baik2 jugak kaki. Bila bil dah melambung sgt, she took her cat back to this vet in jln Gombak... and the vet cakap - ingatkan hari tu my friend not serious about having her cat operated...if he knew she was serious, he could've arranged transportation to bring the cat to Nilai.

Takkan la kaki kucen tu terkulai2 my friend tak serious about treating him!!! I suspect this doc ingat org tak mampu nak bayar kot.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:41 PM
PetFinder Guru

nur azua is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nur azua

Quote:
Wawa, nama sebenar klinik dirahsiakan bagi mengelakkan fitnah Almaklumlah, bukan saya yg firsthand kena ngan the vet, so biarlah org punya badan yg reveal sendiri (tapi..rasanya kat jln genting kelang tu mmg ada vet tu satu je kan )

But I do have to say, pernah ada experience ngan dia, and he seems to know what he's doing when it comes to cats. In fact, dia pernah operate potong kaki this stray cat yg dah terkulai & rasanya he didn't charge too expensive. So, adalah jugak kebaikan vet ni. wallahuallam maybe he was having a bad day.

Tapi yg 2nd vet tu mmg I tak berkenan sejak dulu lagi. My friend's cat jatuh from her condo and patah dua2 kaki belakang...chronic at that time.. & the vet cakap kalau nak treat the cat,surgery etc, my friend kena bring him over herself to his clinic in Nilai! (mak oii jauhnya)

My friend ended up bawak her cat tu the Animal Hosp. There she was charged >RM4k for surgery etc tapi tak baik2 jugak kaki. Bila bil dah melambung sgt, she took her cat back to this vet in jln Gombak... and the vet cakap - ingatkan hari tu my friend not serious about having her cat operated...if he knew she was serious, he could've arranged transportation to bring the cat to Nilai.

Takkan la kaki kucen tu terkulai2 my friend tak serious about treating him!!! I suspect this doc ingat org tak mampu nak bayar kot.
oh rahsiakn ke?? huhu..maaflah..dh tereveal plak..
hikhik..doc igt gaji dia sorg jeke yg besar..aduyai..ade jgk manusia cmtu..xbaik pny vet!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:48 AM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Geram la bila baca pasal vet sorang ni.. Ada ke boleh cakap amcam tu kat costumer..amboiii..sedap je ye nak bagi macam2 alasan ye...vet tu macam malas nak tengok kes2 besar.....org macam ni kalau ramai dah kena...patut kena lucutkan nama dia dan tarik balik lesen vey kalau dah PEMALAS dan DOUBLE STANDARD...kalau kucing lawa2 je kot dia layan..kucing2 kampung atau strays he won't care less...tak suka la vet macam ni...
Old 05-29-2010, 01:10 PM
PetFinder Guru

Betul3! I had the same impression as well, macam dia ada double standard Takpelah..banyak lagi vet lain yg boleh kita pergi. Kita tak rugi pun, dia yg rugi