Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve
Default Re: Smart heart ok tak?

Jimmy,

I want one....Amanda got good reviews. I'm feeding my kitties Orijen & EVO. Wait for me in KL k? I want Pinnacle cat litter and Feline Caviar.
I will be renting out near Midvalley soon.
I didn't know this is available in Malaysia.

Thank you Amanda and Jimmy Coony for sharing this info.

Hope to see you all soon.

Best regards to you both and all PF family,
Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
I just went to Home Pet Care in Sri Petaling today, and yes -- they have big bags of the Feline Caviar, and on promotion, too! They have 6.8 kg bags for RM118.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelleve View Post
I will be renting out near Midvalley soon.

Hope to see you all soon.
Hi, Eve! Does this mean you're shifting to KL? By all means, let me know when you're here. We should at least meet for coffee.

I'm not a veterinarian, but like so many other cat owners (Vee20 wrote a lovely long post in another thread), I've been reading about various cat foods. I've avoided foods with maize/corn for a long time, and I've lately decided that other grains and soy are just non-nutritive filler for cats, too. Lately, I'm reading and hearing much more discussion about foods with high grain content being connected to feline kidney failure.

I've read with great interest the arguments for a raw diet, but the bottom line for me is that I have to travel quite a bit. I have wonderful friends who come in to tend my cats when I'm away, but asking them to prepare raw food is more than I can do. The best compromise I can think of is top-quality biscuit and canned food.

My cat-sitting friends feed their cat Orijen. I have bought Addiction and Natural Balance in the past, and I think they are all 3 great foods. I've been buying the Feline Caviar lately because it seems to be of equally good quality at nearly half the price. I'll probably splurge and buy them a bag of Addiction from time to time -- they like the change, and it's good to mix things up a bit. I'm happy that none of these foods contain corn, soy or grains, artificial preservatives or colour, animal by-products, etc. And, as Marissa pointed out (maybe the most important point) -- the cats LOVE the stuff!
Old 09-17-2011, 01:11 AM
PetFinder Guru

Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve

Hi Amanda!
Yes, let us meet up . I will be around Midvalley soon. My office and home is nearby.
I hope Petfinder got a get-together party or coffe party every month.
My kitties , eversince my mother is into holistic approach to our dogs at home, are grain -free. My mom is my mentor.
If healthy living is good to human why not our pets enjoy it too.
It will be less problems and minus bills coming from vets. hehehe. Save a lot of $$$.
There are a lot of holistic pet food coming out now in Malaysia, example Nature's Variety. My kitties tried it too. It is good, too especially for kittens just started to eat. But like any other holistic products , only few pet shops selling for kitties.
Glad to know Jimmy is carrying Feline Caviar.

Grain free pet food has no problems and make their coat really shine. It has a velvety and sheen into it. It must be the food they're eating.
Aside from Ashanta, Miwako and Nefertiti were really different when they ate Ashanta's grain free diet. They are more energetic and less poo even my fostered strays looked beautiful and healthy.
If they are happy and less moody then we feel contented that we are doing a good job.
Food is one thing but it is the most important for their growth & development. If pet owners wanted a cute and cuddly cats always start from the food and then supplements.

Hoe you have a great day.
Send my hugs & kisses to your furkids!

Best Regards,
Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Eve! Does this mean you're shifting to KL? By all means, let me know when you're here. We should at least meet for coffee.

I'm not a veterinarian, but like so many other cat owners (Vee20 wrote a lovely long post in another thread), I've been reading about various cat foods. I've avoided foods with maize/corn for a long time, and I've lately decided that other grains and soy are just non-nutritive filler for cats, too. Lately, I'm reading and hearing much more discussion about foods with high grain content being connected to feline kidney failure.

I've read with great interest the arguments for a raw diet, but the bottom line for me is that I have to travel quite a bit. I have wonderful friends who come in to tend my cats when I'm away, but asking them to prepare raw food is more than I can do. The best compromise I can think of is top-quality biscuit and canned food.

My cat-sitting friends feed their cat Orijen. I have bought Addiction and Natural Balance in the past, and I think they are all 3 great foods. I've been buying the Feline Caviar lately because it seems to be of equally good quality at nearly half the price. I'll probably splurge and buy them a bag of Addiction from time to time -- they like the change, and it's good to mix things up a bit. I'm happy that none of these foods contain corn, soy or grains, artificial preservatives or colour, animal by-products, etc. And, as Marissa pointed out (maybe the most important point) -- the cats LOVE the stuff!
Old 09-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Animal Lover

ssangyongs is on a distinguished road

hey guys,

I came across new brand from the UK. Muezza. There's big halal logo in front. I think it catered specifically to Muslim who doubt the content in their cat food (handling that is).

Found it in Mesra Pet Shop in Bangi. But i told ya the packaging is not convincing. I'm a marketing person, i would suggest them to improve on the packaging because it's 90% of the product. Haven't tried it on my cat yet as i want her to get used to Royal Canin baby cat first. Once she's older i would like to try if the ingredients are good.

On another note, if any of your cats are on Science Plan diet, i have an opened but sealed pack of 2kg SP Kitten Tuna for sale. Initially bought it but she doesnt like it thats why i changed to RC. I only used about 150 grams so there're 1.85kg left. Bought it RM 57 at petsmore wangsa walk. I'm letting it go at discounted RM 45 free delivery around Klang Valley. Better if you guys stay around Nilai, Sepang, Bangi or Seremban as i'm from here.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:26 PM
PetFinder Guru

thini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post

Feline Caviar is a natural organic holistic food for cat at super premium price. We all know if you pay more you get better quality food, but with Feline Caviar you can upgrade from RC, SP or other high price super premium food to Feline Caviar without pay more.
Hi there Jimmy, I am interested in Feline Caviar, problem is in Penang, I dont think we have this brand.. So I was wondering if you mind doing some postage thingy if I buy from you.. I am willing to pay the extra charge. Tq...
Old 09-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Hi Thini,

There are 2 size pack, 1.5kg or 6.3kg

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 09-24-2011, 08:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

thini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Hi Thini,

There are 2 size pack, 1.5kg or 6.3kg
Hi there Coony, I'd like to try the 1.5kg pack first. Could you PM me the total price and your account number? I'd appreciate it very much. Tqvm
Old 09-25-2011, 03:20 AM
PetFinder Guru

Muezza cat food ingredients:

Halal Poultry Meal (min 39%)
Wheat
Barley
Oats
Sunflower Oil
Sugar Beet
Vegetarian Digest
Fishmeal
Fish Oil
Minerals (vegetarian)
Vitamins (vegetarian

I'm worried only about the ingredients ex. Wheat,Barley, Oats etc. it should be grain-free cat food as cat's cannot digest grains as dogs do. Cats are carnivorous (meat eaters) while Dogs and Human are Omnivorous ( meat and plant eaters ).
If we only worried about the welfare of the people, we should also worry our pets too because they are the ones who will consume whatever we give in the end. Their health is at stake so do we.
We're the ones who will suffer when our pets are suffering because they are part of our family.

Thanks for sharing this cat food brand.

[QUOTE=ssangyongs;97870]hey guys,

I came across new brand from the UK. Muezza. There's big halal logo in front. I think it catered specifically to Muslim who doubt the content in their cat food (handling that is).

Last edited by Marcelleve; 09-25-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Animal Lover

Bard186 is on a distinguished road

Feline caviar in kuantan! smallest pack (not sure brapa gram) RM13, 1.5kg RM34, 6.3kg RM140...

ooo yeah!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Animal Lover

ssangyongs is on a distinguished road

Does the general rule of thumb works? the pricier cat's food, the better it is..

Feline Caviar comes too good for the price, so does Sportsman's Pride.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Animal Lover

mumymomo is on a distinguished road

ingat nk try feline caviar..ader ke kt kuching?msti pyh nk dpt..
Old 11-29-2011, 10:24 PM
PetFinder Buddy

angah1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard186 View Post
Feline caviar in kuantan! smallest pack (not sure brapa gram) RM13, 1.5kg RM34, 6.3kg RM140...

ooo yeah!
kuantan kat mane?kedai dr jauhari ke?kedai die jual mknan sume mahal gile..pasir fussie cat sy beli bru rm 15 die boleh jual rm 28..mmg meniage na pkai ferrari btolla..
Old 12-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by angah1234 View Post
kuantan kat mane?kedai dr jauhari ke?kedai die jual mknan sume mahal gile..pasir fussie cat sy beli bru rm 15 die boleh jual rm 28..mmg meniage na pkai ferrari btolla..
harga tu tak jauh beza pun dengan harga kat KL..
kalo campur cost transportation mmg padan dah saya rase...
Fussie cat saya tak tau... saya pakai woody litter..
Old 12-18-2011, 05:06 AM
PetFinder Guru

hanissyazwan is on a distinguished road

sport man pride.... rm150 untuk 18kg. tak murah lg ke? kat packaging dia pun tulis premium... tp sebelum ni sy beri kucing sy makan taste of the wild..

rasanya.,, hmmmm... taste of the wild tu premium sebenar. mmg jauh beza... tp xpe.. asalkan premium... tp nampaknya kucing sy lebih suka taste of the wild dari sportman pride ni...
Old 12-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Animal Lover

RM150 utk 18kg tu mrah sgt dah..
tapi taste of the wild memang haruslah lebih bagus dari sportman pride..
tengok harga pun jauh beza.. sportman pride ni utk owner yg nak budget..
tepuk dada tanye poket!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Animal Lover

liubimayacattery is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Smart heart ok tak?

Feline Caviar ade available at some breeder who uses them such as us.

You can go here.
http://www.facebook.com/liubimayacattery

They ship online but you have to pay the shipping fee. Or else if you are near by you can arrange for a pick up at their meeting point.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:04 PM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Marcelleve;97890]Muezza cat food ingredients:

Halal Poultry Meal (min 39%)
Wheat
Barley
Oats
Sunflower Oil
Sugar Beet
Vegetarian Digest
Fishmeal
Fish Oil
Minerals (vegetarian)
Vitamins (vegetarian

I'm worried only about the ingredients ex. Wheat,Barley, Oats etc. it should be grain-free cat food as cat's cannot digest grains as dogs do. Cats are carnivorous (meat eaters) while Dogs and Human are Omnivorous ( meat and plant eaters ).
If we only worried about the welfare of the people, we should also worry our pets too because they are the ones who will consume whatever we give in the end. Their health is at stake so do we.
We're the ones who will suffer when our pets are suffering because they are part of our family.

Thanks for sharing this cat food brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssangyongs View Post
hey guys,

U are absolutely right! Kalau nak buat tu biar la jgn alang2...purpose utama adalah untuk bagi kucing makan...bukan untuk human consumption jauh lagi la untuk muslim consumption..kalau suci untuk Muslim handle tapi mutu makanan tak sebagus mana defeat the purpose la...bukan nak kondem tapi for me macam funny...'halal' cat food??..kucing makan apa saja..yg sembelih atau tak, yang haram atau tidak ...Walaupun I prefer makanan kucing I tak de mengandungi benda2 yang haram untuk senang I handle, tapi I lebih prefer lagi kalau ditulis 'this product contains no pork or pork by product' or 'kosher' sebab muslim masih lagi boleh handle/pegang daging ayam & daging lembu yang tak sembelih oleh org Muslim ...just my two cents

Last edited by kuntum; 10-01-2012 at 11:28 PM.