Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 06-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Animal Lover

Mellissa is on a distinguished road
Default French Bulldog Breeder

Hi all,

I've been looking for a good, reputable French Bulldog breeder (in KL/PJ preferably, but will consider out of state) for awhile now but can't seem to get any recommendations.

I want someone who's registered with the MKA and knows the breed standards really well because from what I see, a lot of backyard breeders mix colours, and Frenchies with a certain colour combination can carry a deaf/blind gene in them.

If anyone has any contacts or can point me in the right direction, I'd be really grateful! :D
Old 06-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: French Bulldog Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellissa View Post
I want someone who's registered with the MKA and knows the breed standards really well because from what I see, a lot of backyard breeders mix colours, and Frenchies with a certain colour combination can carry a deaf/blind gene in them.
Hi, Mellissa -- I wish more people did their homework as you have before looking to purchase a purebred dog!

I especially wish the backyard breeders would do some reading and research about genetics, but I know that's asking a lot, especially when their focus seems to be entirely on money. Who cares if the pup grows up to be blind, deaf, or with hip dysplasia if you've already deposited the payment in your account??

Anyway, best of luck in your search! :-)
Old 06-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Mellissa -- I wish more people did their homework as you have before looking to purchase a purebred dog!

I especially wish the backyard breeders would do some reading and research about genetics, but I know that's asking a lot, especially when their focus seems to be entirely on money. Who cares if the pup grows up to be blind, deaf, or with hip dysplasia if you've already deposited the payment in your account??

Anyway, best of luck in your search! :-)
I figured that if I'm going to spend a few thousand on a puppy, it should be a top quality puppy and nothing less!

My friend suggested I give the MKA a ring and they did give me a list of breeders, but I thought I'd ask for recommendations first instead.

Fingers crossed!
Old 06-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Animal Lover

lucidity is on a distinguished road

Hey! Good luck on your search :D I too, commend you for doing your research before buying an "oh so cute" puppy from some random petstore. Hmph.

Anyhow, what was the number that you called?? I'm looking for a Papillon breeder as well, but I haven't come across any in the whole of Malaysia! I'm sure there has to be at least a FEW somewhere..... so I thought I should give MKA a call. They should really publish their breeder list on their website.. Less mahfan!
Old 06-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidity View Post
Anyhow, what was the number that you called?? I'm looking for a Papillon breeder as well, but I haven't come across any in the whole of Malaysia! I'm sure there has to be at least a FEW somewhere..... so I thought I should give MKA a call. They should really publish their breeder list on their website.. Less mahfan!
I found this phone number on their website (this is the one I called too): +603 77292027, 77297822

They should allow breeders to advertise puppies on their website! Makes life a lot easier, haha!