Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 09-23-2010, 12:16 PM
was a cat before

azmyrax is on a distinguished road
Default Where to get RC Recovery RS?

Hi, does anyone know where I can get Royal Canin Recovery RS? Is it for US market only? Or is there any similar food that is suitable to force-feed a jaundice cat?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where to get RC Recovery RS?

I think Hill's A/D is similar but by a different company. Royal Canin's Veterinary range is obtained from Waltham when it acquired the company.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 09-23-2010, 12:55 PM
was a cat before

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
I think Hill's A/D is similar but by a different company. Royal Canin's Veterinary range is obtained from Waltham when it acquired the company.
Can I get it from any petshops?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmyrax View Post
Can I get it from any petshops?
No, dear, veterinary diets can only be sold at vet clinics because these are prescription diets that can cause harm to the pets if wrongly given. You can get Hill's Prescription Diet A/D at most vet clinics. Which part of PJ are you? Healing Pets (Dr. Steven Yoon) is at Damansara Jaya. Dr. Hasnul Ismail of Heshmael's Clinic is at Sunway Damansara. Costs around RM7.50 per tin.

You can mash it with clean fingers in a tiny bowl or cup and use a 1 ml syringe to suck it up and feed it from the side of the mouth (do not feed from the front as this direction can easily get the food into the lungs instead and cause serious problems). Add a tiny bit of water (not too much) for easier sucking, but I manage without adding any water (unless the cat is dehydrated).

Use the smallest (1 ml) syringe because this allows you to control the volume pushed into the mouth without gagging or choking. Avoid the temptation to use a bigger syringe.

All the best.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 09-23-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Animal Lover

syidajaafar is on a distinguished road

Sori tuan tanah,off topic kejap.

Dulu Syida punya kucing pun kena jaundice, and atas nasihat seorg kawan, Syida bagi dia minum susu kambing, sikit2 je setiap kali, tak payah banyak2 sangat, klu byk nnt cirit pulak tp klu sikit ok je tak cirit pun. dalam 3-4 hari he got better already. Kucing Syida tu tak payah nak paksa2 dia minum sebab dia SANGAT2 suka minum susu kambing tu, sampai mintak2 nak lagi.

Maybe boleh try. I tried and it worked wonders.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

If you want to try giving Goat Milk, Azmyrax, rather than getting the hard-to-find and hard-to-keep fresh goat milk, or those found in some pharmacies, and health shops with added vitamins (Karihome, etc) and even fructose (sugar) you can get a tin of pure Organic Goat Milk from:

EcoGreen Organic Shop & Life Cafe
125 & 127, J. Aminuddin Baki, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000 KL
Tel: 03-7725 8388 Fax: 03-7729 3417

The product claims to be:

"Based on milk from goats that graze freely and are not treated preventively with antibiotics, highly processed through freeze drying from pure goat’s milk to powder form. Contain no preservative, no artificial colouring or flavouring, no pollutants and synthetic chemical used."

I keep a can for my needy small orphaned kittens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	organic-products-145e1-211x300.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	10150   Click image for larger version

Name:	life-cafe-location-map1.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	10151  
Old 09-24-2010, 08:42 AM
was a cat before

Quote:
Originally Posted by syidajaafar View Post
Sori tuan tanah,off topic kejap.

Dulu Syida punya kucing pun kena jaundice, and atas nasihat seorg kawan, Syida bagi dia minum susu kambing, sikit2 je setiap kali, tak payah banyak2 sangat, klu byk nnt cirit pulak tp klu sikit ok je tak cirit pun. dalam 3-4 hari he got better already. Kucing Syida tu tak payah nak paksa2 dia minum sebab dia SANGAT2 suka minum susu kambing tu, sampai mintak2 nak lagi.

Maybe boleh try. I tried and it worked wonders.
i hope so, my darling is getting weaker i hope he can be strong for me. thank you so much for the suggestion! . I was worried sick he's not eating at all, just drinking plenty of water only!

Quote:
If you want to try giving Goat Milk, Azmyrax, rather than getting the hard-to-find and hard-to-keep fresh goat milk, or those found in some pharmacies, and health shops with added vitamins (Karihome, etc) and even fructose (sugar) you can get a tin of pure Organic Goat Milk from:

EcoGreen Organic Shop & Life Cafe
125 & 127, J. Aminuddin Baki, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000 KL
Tel: 03-7725 8388 Fax: 03-7729 3417

The product claims to be:

"Based on milk from goats that graze freely and are not treated preventively with antibiotics, highly processed through freeze drying from pure goat’s milk to powder form. Contain no preservative, no artificial colouring or flavouring, no pollutants and synthetic chemical used."

I keep a can for my needy small orphaned kittens.
thanks! iam going there today^^! Do they open after 5pm? I really hope I can save Apeng on time. By the way, I went to look for Healing Rooms yesterday. I thought it was at Subang Parade coz I took your words literally "dekat subang parade"

today im going back to seremban and take Apeng there tomorrow. My mum said the yellow colour has fade but he is still not eating. Yesterday he ate beef pieces by himself (not forced). But he is not eating today and 2-3 days before yesterday. He only drinks water je. My mum said he can walk tapi bergoyang-goyang now
Old 09-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
i hope so, my darling is getting weaker i hope he can be strong for me. thank you so much for the suggestion! . I was worried sick he's not eating at all, just drinking plenty of water only!

thanks! iam going there today^^! Do they open after 5pm? I really hope I can save Apeng on time. By the way, I went to look for Healing Rooms yesterday. I thought it was at Subang Parade coz I took your words literally "dekat subang parade"

today im going back to seremban and take Apeng there tomorrow. My mum said the yellow colour has fade but he is still not eating. Yesterday he ate beef pieces by himself (not forced). But he is not eating today and 2-3 days before yesterday. He only drinks water je. My mum said he can walk tapi bergoyang-goyang now
Ada buat appointment? Saya dengar orang kata Dr. Vijay biasa "off" on Saturdays. Sunday tutup. Jumaat biasanya beliau ada.

Thin, jaundiced, jalan goyang - weak hind legs? Saya sungguh takut Apeng ada FELV, FIP (dry type) or FIV and the goat milk does will not help in such cases. Hati saya rasa sungguh tak sedap, friend.

You can always call EcoGreen to find out about their open/close hours.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:16 PM
was a cat before

Quote:
Ada buat appointment? Saya dengar orang kata Dr. Vijay biasa "off" on Saturdays. Sunday tutup. Jumaat biasanya beliau ada.

Thin, jaundiced, jalan goyang - weak hind legs? Saya sungguh takut Apeng ada FELV, FIP (dry type) or FIV and the goat milk does will not help in such cases. Hati saya rasa sungguh tak sedap, friend.

You can always call EcoGreen to find out about their open/close hours.
omg
ive never had cat yang sakit camtu. i feel nauseated thinking about the worse thing that can happen
Old 09-24-2010, 03:41 PM
was a cat before

Furkids, Apeng's eye also fully dilated. his left eye (the black eye) has got yellow tint in it. like reflection. why ah? is it because of jaundice?
Old 09-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
omg
ive never had cat yang sakit camtu. i feel nauseated thinking about the worse thing that can happen
Azmyrax, pets do fall sick and are able to contract infections and diseases.

Many people adopt pets and never think of this. And that is why so many people sadly dump their animals kat pasar, warong, tengah jalan when the pet gets sick (no, friend, I am not implying that you do so, I am simply relating my sad encounters) and they are not willing to go through the rough and tough part of caring for their pets who have given them so much joy and pleasure when they had been healthy.

Some dump their pets when they get pregnant or are no longer cute or when they find cuter animals.

Because pet owners never think about the sickness part, they neglect to take measures to protect the health of their pets well or reduce the risk of exposure for their pets as well.

Sama la macam si Egeh tu. Her former owner failed care for her well (including failure to vaccinate her) and then dumped her in a shelter.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Furkids, Apeng's eye also fully dilated. his left eye (the black eye) has got yellow tint in it. like reflection. why ah? is it because of jaundice?
Kan saya dah kata in my PM to you that your first priority is to get him to a competent vet pronto, girl!

Let the vet do the physical examination and let him do the necessary bloodworks. On your part, get ready your wallet! Healing Rooms has all the facilities to do a lot of investigation, unlike many simple clinics which have to send the specimens to another clinic, wasting precious time.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:36 AM
was a cat before

Quote:
Kan saya dah kata in my PM to you that your first priority is to get him to a competent vet pronto, girl!

Let the vet do the physical examination and let him do the necessary bloodworks. On your part, get ready your wallet! Healing Rooms has all the facilities to do a lot of investigation, unlike many simple clinics which have to send the specimens to another clinic, wasting precious time.
I went to Healing Rooms yesterday and met Dr Vijay. I made an appointment with him at 3 today (Saturday). I also bought 2cans of Hills a/d food.

Update on my cat: As soon as I arrived at my hometown I fed Apeng. Apeng was weak by then, he can only lie down and stare into emptiness . I fed him 9ml+ a/d food and 3ml water. But when I was feeding him, he looked very annoyed and stood up and walked away. 3 steps later he was too tired and sat back down. He still showing sign of jaundice, my mum gave wrong description lah,pardon my orang kampung mum . His eyes, nose, ears and paws still very yellow. I cant wait to go to Healing Rooms today. Hopefully can still make it

I didnt cry in front of him, but i talked to him with a happy voice as usual telling him how handsome he looks even though he demam
Old 09-25-2010, 08:58 PM
was a cat before

Dear all,
Apeng has passed on at 2.40pm today on the way to Healing Rooms for a 3 o'clock appointment.

Thank you all for your prayers and support