Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 03-24-2009, 03:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

namakuAriff is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to namakuAriff
Default Re: Cat on LRT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
June, you got it right! The last time I needed to get to the vet clinic, the 1st two drivers refused, the 3rd one (who was probably Ariff ) had switched on his meter and was ready to go. When he saw the cat carrier, he switched the meter back off and said it was RM50 (for 10-minute drive). I forget now -- it was either driver #5 or #6 who took us. Good thing the cat wasn't in critical condition, because I was about to have a stroke by the time we reached the clinic! Good thing there are a lot of cabs in Brickfields, at least...
huahuahahua... watt??50rm for 10mins?haiyohhhhhh...dead woooo...
Old 03-24-2009, 04:14 PM
PetFinder Guru

meira is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to meira

itu la dulikkan kt sape2 yg tgk lain mcm.if alergic tu happen when derang pegang kucing ok la..sbb ade my fren ni die alergic ngan kucing..ade kucing dekat2 pun die dh bersin2..lepas tu mata merah.padahal die x nampak pon the cat.bile cr2 tgk..ha mmg ade kucing somewhere.

hopefully nnt semua oke.ur cat ok and other people pun ok.what to do kan..u have no choice.

malaysian kan penyayang.nnt tah2 u femes dlm train.semua dtg nk tgk ur cat hehehe
Old 03-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Cat on LRT?

Oh!!! yeah.the carrier you used tu stuff Blackie Bond inside like sampah. Looks like back packer.

Kudos Charlene

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
maneki, i have a suggestion. use a carrier that looks like a bag and the cab driver will think it's your hand luggage. wait, i have to rush out to pick up my hubby's dry cleaning (i just remembered ). when i come back, i'll take a picture of the bag and post it here so u know what i mean.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:39 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Oh!!! yeah.the carrier you used tu stuff Blackie Bond inside like sampah. Looks like back packer.

Kudos Charlene
huahauhua..sian blackie bond tu kene toss cam sampah,hehehe..
Old 03-24-2009, 04:42 PM
PetFinder Guru

uih lamenye blackie amik dry cleaning,hehe nvm i help u blackie..

walawehhh..neko see this

1. http://www.petcarriers.com/pet-carri...neapproved.cfm

2. http://www.petcarriers.com/pet-carri...petcarrier.cfm

3. http://www.petcarriers.com/pet-trave...etstroller.cfm

manyak syiokkk woooooooooo i like the 3rd one, baru terasa cam papa btol kekekeke

p/s : how to put big big picture yer?i always ltak pic kecik cinonit jer hehehe
Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

maneki, below are photos of my cat carrier bag. err, please ignore june's statement about my stuffing my Blackie into it like sampah.

1) this is the back. there are 3 ways to carry this bag. one, like a backpack, two, like a carrefour/tesco shopping bag, and three, there is a long, sling strap that u can clip on for slinging on your shoulders like a handbag. i find the backpack style useful when taking blackie for jungle-trekking....hehe, not that i have done that yet. :-)

2) the side view. the first picture shows the flap down, hiding the cat from view. the second picture shows the flap being flipped up, for ventilation. that's how i took blackie with me to the gym in our condo....

3) the front. in the first picture, the flap on top is down, hiding the cat from view again. in the 2nd picture, the flap is rolled up, providing ventilation.

you can open the bag from both sides, creating a tunnel for your cat to play with it during the day. put a soft, thick towel inside and a toy, and your cat will enjoy the "tunnel". you can also open from the front. see the u-shape thingy beneath the opened black netting? it can be opened up so the cat has various entries.

but of course, when u travel with your cat, u want to make sure all the zips are securely zipped to prevent accidental escape. hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000202_1_1_1.JPG
Views:	1002
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	4038   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000203_1_1.JPG
Views:	1008
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	4039   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000207_1_1.JPG
Views:	987
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	4040   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000204_1_1.JPG
Views:	972
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	4041   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000208_1_1.JPG
Views:	966
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	4042  

Old 03-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Petfinder Moderator

ariff, pet stroller tuh tak sesuai untuk kucing. i dah tanya kat pet safari ikano. diorang kate pet stroller lebih sesuai untuk anjing kecik.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:58 PM
PetFinder Guru

ouwh ye ke?huuuu...baru nak menanam minat hehehe bela puppy lak la pasnih hehehe...
Old 03-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

i agree with june. most probably it is out of tajuk here but just want to chip in...

1) the way the stroller is constructed and the material used, it doesn't seem sturdy or "tahan lasak" enough for a cat or cats, a few scratches/cakar and there goes the stroller.

2)another point, the place where you put the cat- it is situated way too low- a cat will not feel safe and secure if both you and the cat meet with someone or something that intimidates the cat.

3) the cabin/cab where you place the cat, it is not meant to be detachable from the wheels and stand of the stroller which means your journey must be such that once you put the cat into it at your house, you shouldn't need to move the cat in or out until you reach your destination. you can't detach the cabin/cab and put that into your car while you fold the rest of the stroller into your car's boot.

4) further the size of the cabin / cab is only good for either 1 large cat or 2 small cat or 1 large cat (depending on how large) and 1 small cat. if you have multi cat like some of us, you'd have to consider buying multiple stroller

well, i'm actually looking for strollers that is suitable ..if someone knows where to buy one in KL, pls give me a holler here.

sorry, neko for hijacking your thread.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Petfinder Moderator

ooooi, ashley, it's blackie la, not june. she's not black....not yet, anyway.

your points were more or less what the staff at pet safari told me, ashley. thanks for the details....i tend to be lazy in details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
i agree with june. most probably it is out of tajuk here but just want to chip in...

1) the way the stroller is constructed and the material used, it doesn't seem sturdy or "tahan lasak" enough for a cat or cats, a few scratches/cakar and there goes the stroller.

2)another point, the place where you put the cat- it is situated way too low- a cat will not feel safe and secure if both you and the cat meet with someone or something that intimidates the cat.

3) the cabin/cab where you place the cat, it is not meant to be detachable from the wheels and stand of the stroller which means your journey must be such that once you put the cat into it at your house, you shouldn't need to move the cat in or out until you reach your destination. you can't detach the cabin/cab and put that into your car while you fold the rest of the stroller into your car's boot.

4) further the size of the cabin / cab is only good for either 1 large cat or 2 small cat or 1 large cat (depending on how large) and 1 small cat. if you have multi cat like some of us, you'd have to consider buying multiple stroller

well, i'm actually looking for strollers that is suitable ..if someone knows where to buy one in KL, pls give me a holler here.

sorry, neko for hijacking your thread.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Cat on LRT?

heheheheh!! I also wondering, how come my name suddenly "naik"

So Amanda,now u have to buy "gym" to stuff your cat inside for vet visit

Quote:
ooooi, ashley, it's blackie la, not june. she's not black....not yet, anyway.

your points were more or less what the staff at pet safari told me, ashley. thanks for the details....i tend to be lazy in details.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:19 PM
mummycat

zahraannur is on a distinguished road

Saya selalu bawa kucing kucing saya naik teksi. Ramai yang sudi membawa dan tak kurang juga yang kurang senang. Ramai taxi driver suka tumpang tengok kucing kucing yang saya bawa dan pernah juga sekali ada sorang yang dengan kejamnya suruh letak carrier saya kat bawah walaupun dia tahu tempat tu sempit dengan alasan kucing saya berbau padahal sebelum ni saya dah puas tanya orang and orang yang bawa kucing saya kata tak ada bau langsung! Sekarang ni saya cuma akan naik teksi yang biasa bawa saya dan kucing saya.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 PM
PetFinder Guru

nik_tropicana is on a distinguished road

saya pun ade pengalaman bwak kucen naik taxi..terjadi masa saya kene g outstation n EJ offer diri nak jaga...banyak taxi yg lalu tapi dieorang suma xmo amik..dlm hujan plak tu..last2 ade brader taxi yg ingin tumpangkan saya...EJ bagitau yg guard kat apartment dier alert ngan binatang n pet x bleh dibawak masuk melainkan kene seludup..so saya yg ngan kejang pale otak sbb kene air hujan pun tanpa berfikir panjng trus letak 2 ekor kucen saya (Acha n Rosey),2 carrier, cat litter, wet food dlm bonet taxi tu...perjalanan dari umah saya ke umah EJ dlm 2 minit jer (tu klu nek taxi, klu jalan kaki dlm 15 minit n klu org badan sihat cam saya jalan kaki sambil bwak kucen 2 ekor mau cecah 45 minit)..dan disebabkan brader taxi tu da tolong saya setelkn problm, saya bayar la lebih ckit sbb dier la satu-satunyer yg menerima saya seadanya..hehehehhe...

moral dari cerita nie..
1 - sayangi kucen anda, jangan biarkan anak bulus anda terperap dlm bonet taxi..
2 - jangan biarkn kepala anda kene air hujan..nnt kejang pale trus wat sesuatu tanpa berfikir panjang..saya time tu da bajet nak bwak cadar..konon2 nak cover kucen dari kantoi ngan pak guard tapi terlupa..hehehhe
3 - pagi tadi time nak g keje saya ade tanyer budak LRT (budak yg jumpa arwah BELL yg tersepit tu)..dier kata kucen or anjing dilarang bawak kecuali...pakaikn kucen ngan pakaian baby then dukung erat2..pastu klu guard LRT tu pandang, ckap kuat2 "ala baby papa nie..." - mamat neh buat lawak plak tapi x jadi dier gelak sbb saya wat muka serius...
4 - mamat tu cakap lagi, klu setakat sugar glider or binatang yg kecik2 boleh la..tapi kne sorok2..
5 - klu susah sangat, amik kunci keta family then bawak la anak bulus ke mana sahaja kita nak pergi...
Old 03-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Charlene, your "sampah" bag is brilliant! This is a clear example of my failure to "think outside of the box". Obviously, being associated with Agent 007, you would be schooled in the fine art of concealment. (So, what exactly did Blackie do at your gym??) Anyway, I will look for a similar bag over the next few days.

Ashley, no worries for carrier discussion! It's all about how to get our cats from one place to another with least headache, yah?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

One last thought... It's really a pity that we have to resort to James Bond-style stealth and cunning to get a cat from one place to another. I would dearly love to respond to Lynielime's recent request for people to foster cats from the SPCA, but the issue of transportation is stopping me in my tracks.

In the interest of the environment, we should all be looking increasingly to public transit. Realistically, why not allow cats-in-carriers on-board? They make noise? So do children. They make smells? So do sweaty people and ikan bilis. They cause allergy? So do perfumes, in many cases. Some people don't like them? I don't like those people, but I still have to share the LRT with them -- deal with it!

Hmm. Maybe I should stop grumbling on Petfinder and go talk to the people who are actually in charge at the various public transit agencies & lobby for a clear, consistent policy to allow small pets aboard.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Good luck to you on your LRT trip with your cat. It's will really be good if LRT can allow ppl to board their train with their cat (offcoz in a carrier), this will really ease the headache for those without own transport. After this the rest is owner responsibility.

Quote:
One last thought... It's really a pity that we have to resort to James Bond-style stealth and cunning to get a cat from one place to another. I would dearly love to respond to Lynielime's recent request for people to foster cats from the SPCA, but the issue of transportation is stopping me in my tracks.

In the interest of the environment, we should all be looking increasingly to public transit. Realistically, why not allow cats-in-carriers on-board? They make noise? So do children. They make smells? So do sweaty people and ikan bilis. They cause allergy? So do perfumes, in many cases. Some people don't like them? I don't like those people, but I still have to share the LRT with them -- deal with it!

Hmm. Maybe I should stop grumbling on Petfinder and go talk to the people who are actually in charge at the various public transit agencies & lobby for a clear, consistent policy to allow small pets aboard.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 03-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Charlene, I had sold a lot of this carrier bag although I feel it is a bit stuffy & warm for our pet in our weather but it shud be OK once you are in a air cond place.

don't forget the original Sean Coonery is with us so we do supply secret agent equipment too.

Quote:
maneki, below are photos of my cat carrier bag. err, please ignore june's statement about my stuffing my Blackie into it like sampah.

1) this is the back. there are 3 ways to carry this bag. one, like a backpack, two, like a carrefour/tesco shopping bag, and three, there is a long, sling strap that u can clip on for slinging on your shoulders like a handbag. i find the backpack style useful when taking blackie for jungle-trekking....hehe, not that i have done that yet. :-)

2) the side view. the first picture shows the flap down, hiding the cat from view. the second picture shows the flap being flipped up, for ventilation. that's how i took blackie with me to the gym in our condo....

3) the front. in the first picture, the flap on top is down, hiding the cat from view again. in the 2nd picture, the flap is rolled up, providing ventilation.

you can open the bag from both sides, creating a tunnel for your cat to play with it during the day. put a soft, thick towel inside and a toy, and your cat will enjoy the "tunnel". you can also open from the front. see the u-shape thingy beneath the opened black netting? it can be opened up so the cat has various entries.

but of course, when u travel with your cat, u want to make sure all the zips are securely zipped to prevent accidental escape. hope this helps.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 03-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Call me Yuana or Yan ;)

euanna is on a distinguished road

Well.. I take my kittens around on motorbike ..not the best mean of transportation but it's all I have. Currently I'm using this carrier.. good ventilation but I don't bring my kittens to a lot of places, except to the vet.

A model help me show how easy to get into the carrier / bag

A curious onlooker sniffing around..

The previous model, peering inside..

The carrier is more like a bag, so I added some cardbox covered in pvc mat inside as reinforced base. Easier to carry and the bag doesn't fold in, squeezing the kittens. Although it's almost impossible to carry Sherbet in that now..he's heavier. I'm guessing I have to look for a sturdier, bag/carrier for Sherbet soon..
On a side note, I don't think I can bring my kittens anywhere in a cab.. both are screaming banshee.. even bringing them downstairs from 2nd floor in carrier is noisy enough
Old 03-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Petfinder Moderator

aww, u guys are still persisting in calling it sampah bag.

hehe, actually, blackie bond didn't do anything. he just sat inside his carrier bag & watched me.....i'll open one flap so he can sit & face outside. i use the gym either in the morning or early afternoon when it's empty as everyone is at work, so there's no one to complain about having a cat in the gym. sometimes i let him watch me at the jacuzzi, too, but course, i don't open the flap when i'm at the jacuzzi. wouldn't want him to drown in the water.

it's my way of compensating for not including him in my social life. i feel guilty that i never take him out when we go out, that he doesn't get a chance to see that there is life outside our 4 walls.

Quote:
Charlene, your "sampah" bag is brilliant! This is a clear example of my failure to "think outside of the box". Obviously, being associated with Agent 007, you would be schooled in the fine art of concealment. (So, what exactly did Blackie do at your gym??) Anyway, I will look for a similar bag over the next few days.

Ashley, no worries for carrier discussion! It's all about how to get our cats from one place to another with least headache, yah?

yeah, i agree that it can be stuffy, but as he's only ever in an air-cond place, it should be ok. i've never taken him jungle-trekking before, even though i bought it with that in mind. he's just too heavy for me to carry on my back while jungle-trekking! my 2 shoulders ache from just carrying him to the gym!!

hahaha, what other secret agent equipment do you have? ahh, next time i must check your shop more thoroughly than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Charlene, I had sold a lot of this carrier bag although I feel it is a bit stuffy & warm for our pet in our weather but it shud be OK once you are in a air cond place.

don't forget the original Sean Coonery is with us so we do supply secret agent equipment too.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Call me Yuana or Yan ;)

euanna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
aww, u guys are still persisting in calling it sampah bag.

hehe, actually, blackie bond didn't do anything. he just sat inside his carrier bag & watched me.....i'll open one flap so he can sit & face outside. i use the gym either in the morning or early afternoon when it's empty as everyone is at work, so there's no one to complain about having a cat in the gym. sometimes i let him watch me at the jacuzzi, too, but course, i don't open the flap when i'm at the jacuzzi. wouldn't want him to drown in the water.

it's my way of compensating for not including him in my social life. i feel guilty that i never take him out when we go out, that he doesn't get a chance to see that there is life outside our 4 walls.

yeah, i agree that it can be stuffy, but as he's only ever in an air-cond place, it should be ok. i've never taken him jungle-trekking before, even though i bought it with that in mind. he's just too heavy for me to carry on my back while jungle-trekking! my 2 shoulders ache from just carrying him to the gym!!
Wahh... your Blackie is so well behaved I'm envious.. my 2 kittens are monkeys, screaming banshee. At home they climb almost anything, extra curious and nosy. Bring them outside, they cower in fear and screamed loudly. I tried taking them to the nearby park once but both were trembling I went home after 10minutes...

I would love to have my kittens see life outside 4 walls..but alas, the time has not yet come...