Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 01-15-2009, 06:13 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default "Why dog only"? Dog owners in Nilai must now get neighbour’s permission,

SEREMBAN: Dog owners in Nilai must now get written permission from their neighbours to keep the animals in their homes.

This is the first time such a ruling has been introduced in Negri Sembilan following recent amendments to the Dog Licensing Bylaws 2008. The municipal council issues annual dog licences at RM20 each.Council president Datuk Abd Halim Abd Latif said the ruling covers dogs which were three months old and above.“For those who want to rear more than two dogs, their premises must be at least 1,000 sq metres.“You are allowed to keep more than four dogs if the area is larger than 1,000 sq metres,” he said.

The affected areas are Nilai, Rasah, Ampangan, Mantin, Lenggeng, Pantai, Rantau, Labu and Senawang.

Abd Halim said the owners were duty-bound to ensure that their pets were not a nuisance to their neighbours such as the animals defecating in public places. “The pets cannot be allowed to roam freely outside their compound,” he said, adding that officers would take away unlicensed pets.Those caught without a licence could be fined up to RM1,000 or jailed not more than six months, or both.

The Seremban Municipal Council issues dog licences for RM10 each but has not asked owners to get their neighbours’ permission. Applicants are required to attach a vaccination card for their pets.The state Veterinary Services Department issues licences for RM5 for those living in other areas.Resident Melissa Wong asked why was there a need to get her neighbour’s permission to keep a dog.

“My neighbour’s cats defecate in my compound almost every day. Why doesn’t the council make it a requirement for cat owners to get their neighbour’s consent?” she asked.

P. Manimaran, who lives in Rasah Kemayan, said he may have to give up his dog because he was not on talking terms with his neighbour.

Those with queries can call the Nilai Municipal Council at 06-798 9099/9077.

Article from THE STAR

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:15 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Why dog only"? Dog owners in Nilai must now get neighbour’s permission,

Wow. What a nuisance.
Maybe it's to discourage people to rear dogs. Luckily i don live in that area.
Maybe somebody who lives in that area can write protest letter?
Good luck for those who live in that area.

Peace man!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Animal lover

mew mew is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Why dog only"? Dog owners in Nilai must now get neighbour’s permission,

Ehmm..excuse me DIMB, I posted the same topic in the doggie forum. Is it in the wrong section, if wrong section, please move it to the correct section.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:58 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Mew,
I no notice that you posted too. By the way Thanks for gave that news. You can see how the person dislike dog make the stupid rule. If this rule to the cat, it will differ story.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:10 AM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Mew,
I no notice that you posted too. By the way Thanks for gave that news. You can see how the person dislike dog make the stupid rule. If this rule to the cat, it will differ story.
If this rule to be applied for Dogs, it should be applied for all animals as well.

Dogs help to secure the neighborhood and in few cases like theft and fire...

What is the big deal having dogs and having to get consent from neighbors as long as the owner takes good care of both welfare and respect one another.

What about the "sick and ill activities", don't we actually care about it?

Give it a thought...

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 01-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Animal lover

mew mew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mew,
Ya lor, DIMB. Why they pick on dogs....why dogs always the victim? Last week, a girl was bitten by a stray dog and the news came out in the newspaper (The Star). They want to catch the dog. Don't know what happen to the dog.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:35 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew mew View Post
Ya lor, DIMB. Why they pick on dogs....why dogs always the victim? Last week, a girl was bitten by a stray dog and the news came out in the newspaper (The Star). They want to catch the dog. Don't know what happen to the dog.
MEW MEW,

THIS IS CONSIDER AS A SPECIAL CASE IN "THIS PART OF THE WORLD"...

I AM BEING SARCASTIC... DO YOU THINK ANYONE WILL ANSWER TO A QUESTION, "WHO HAD INVADED WHOSE NATURAL HABITAT IN THIS WORLD?"

Believe you me, it will turn into a war instead of getting a wise answer...

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 01-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

some people are just plain backwards fuktards on the govt body. its amazing isnt it, the level of common sense that prides themselves as a representative of commoners.

really backwards.. and you can see the amount of brain power they have.. microscopic. shame on them and their 7 descendants down and up.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Sorry, Clement, I'm going off-topic for just 1 second here to laugh at what Chelly just swore.....

Chelly, you're cute when you're angry.....wah, cursing 14 generations in one breath ah????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreted View Post
some people are just plain backwards fuktards on the govt body. its amazing isnt it, the level of common sense that prides themselves as a representative of commoners.

really backwards.. and you can see the amount of brain power they have.. microscopic. shame on them and their 7 descendants down and up

Ok, coming back to topic...........

I do agree that the authorities are harsher when it comes to dogs. But they are not the first state in M'sia to impose that rule of getting neighbour's written permission. Selangor is the first.

My in-laws live in Selayang, and they are required by the municipal council to get their neighbours' written permission for keeping their 4 dogs.

But fortunately for them, theirs is a corner house without neighbours at the left, back, or front. And as for the neighbour on the right.....that is my hubby's house (we're not staying there, so they have free run of it)...!!!

Otherwise, they'll have to get 4 written permissions!!!! As it is, they only need 1 written permission now.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:35 PM
PetFinder Moderator

The rule only for dog owner, cannot find for cat owner rule!

Old 01-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default "Why dog only"? Dog owners in Nilai must now get neighbour’s permission,

Even though I don't keep dog,I think this rule is simply stupid and ridiculous. why penalise the dog when they should penalise the bad owner??

They should fine the bad owner for not caring the dog ie letting the roam around fighting with other dogs,let the dog poo/pee everywhere. I will be angry too if my neighbour's dog poo/pee in my front porch but why angry with the dog?? Make the owner take the responsiblity for that.

The council are taking easy way out by impose this rules i.e get permission from our neighbour to keep our dogs
Old 01-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Petfinder Moderator

I agree they should penalise the irresponsible owners, not the dogs. Looks to me like the authorities are targetting dogs. After all, irresponsible cat owners also let their cats poo/pee in others' compound, and yet, no such rules have been set up for cat ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Even though I don't keep dog,I think this rule is simply stupid and ridiculous. why penalise the dog when they should penalise the bad owner??

They should fine the bad owner for not caring the dog ie letting the roam around fighting with other dogs,let the dog poo/pee everywhere. I will be angry too if my neighbour's dog poo/pee in my front porch but why angry with the dog?? Make the owner take the responsiblity for that.

The council are taking easy way out by impose this rules i.e get permission from our neighbour to keep our dogs
Old 01-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Sorry, Clement, I'm going off-topic for just 1 second here to laugh at what Chelly just swore.....

Chelly, you're cute when you're angry.....wah, cursing 14 generations in one breath ah????
heheh blackie.. i call it efficiency.

Anyways.. read what Clement posted.. bout havin to wear muzzle outside compound..

aaa.. remembered another one of those.. ar.. mindless regulations. humm..

speechless.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Petfinder Moderator

muahahahaha!!!!!! Efficiency in cursing???? Oh man, oh man, Chelly. *wiping tears of laughter*

Yup, mindless regulations....but do you notice, no one is obeying them!

Quote:
heheh blackie.. i call it efficiency.

Anyways.. read what Clement posted.. bout havin to wear muzzle outside compound..

aaa.. remembered another one of those.. ar.. mindless regulations. humm..

speechless.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Animal Lover

pipylim is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: "Why dog only"? Dog owners in Nilai must now get neighbour’s permission,

How to Protest?
What SPCA said?
we must do something
Old 01-20-2009, 10:09 AM
PetFinder Moderator

How to Protest?-We need get signature sign up for protest.
What SPCA said?-never hear sound of them
we must do something-All pet lover don't vote BN seremban next time.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:

really backwards.. and you can see the amount of brain power they have.. microscopic. shame on them and their 7 descendants down and up.
Quote:
we must do something-All pet lover don't vote BN seremban next time.
Don't get mad, dear, get even (like DIMB!) ... nanti sondri sakit jantung oni ... and those guys just like tuang air kat daun keladi wan ...

Seremban town council? They the same trigger happy goons that stormed into someone's house shooting away at the poor unarmed defenseless dogs, isn't it?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 01-20-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Animal Lover

pipylim is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: "Why dog only"? Dog owners in Nilai must now get neighbour’s permission,

They replied my complain as below:
and the SPCA didn't reply me anything..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir / Madam,
This order is refer to the regulations.

Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Fri 1/16/2009 7:58 PM
To: mpnns@mpn.gov.my
Cc: spca@streamyx.com
Subject: Dog owners in Nilai must now get neighbour's permission

Good Day,

WHY Dog owners in Nilai must now get neighbour’s permission?
What about the CAT owner?
This is very unfair to the DOG OWNER

Thank You
Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Animal Lover

altus1314 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to altus1314

If want to protest remember to call me!!i will fight the justice to the end!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:07 PM
PetFinder Guru

hourus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hourus Send a message via Yahoo to hourus
Post Re: "Why dog only"? Dog owners in Nilai must now get neighbour’s permission,

dogs bite n somtimes they cause injury and very very rarely death, i am not siding any side but that is fact, cats doesnt cause as much injuries to human as dogs does, so i should say to punish the owners n relocate the poor dogs but never put them to sleep

zzzzzz.....woof woof
FurKid in the Car