Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 07-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Animal Lover

hana is on a distinguished road
Default Mata style merah...berair...ade solution tak???

Sy br beli 1 kitten ni...tp mata dia ni asyik berair je...mata merah(pink)...pastu agak bengkak2 skit. nampak x selesa la...tanya owner dia ckp mata mmg style tu...so, mmg x leh wt pape ke?bwk g vet ke...ubat ape2 ke?smpai tua ke mata dia mcm tu? tlg la sesape yg pandai...huhuhuhu
Old 07-26-2009, 12:31 AM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mata style merah...berair...ade solution tak???

berapa umur kitten tu ?
dah vaccine ke belom ?
kalau dah 3 bulan boleh vaccine terus kalau dia tak demam

mata tu kene cuci dgn kapas basah setiap hari
pagi dan petang
lepas cuci letak Terramycin kat dalam mata dia
biarkan ointment tu larut, jgn lap
kat pharmacy ada jual ubat tu harga dalam below RM5
kalau tak pun dkt vet ada tapi mahal sikit dia jual RM10
cuba buat 2-3 hari kalau tak baik jugak bwk gi vet ler..
Old 07-26-2009, 03:48 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamyala View Post
berapa umur kitten tu ?
dah vaccine ke belom ?

pagi dan petang
umo 2 bln br...x cucuk ape2 lg la. huhuhu
Old 07-26-2009, 09:46 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamyala View Post
berapa umur kitten tu ?
dah vaccine ke belom ?

pagi dan petang
http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2596

Ada threat lain yang membincangkan hal nieh..tueh ada link atas tueh.. Selalunya mata tueh sbb conjunctivitis...untuk kucing biasa senang di ubati dengan terramycyin yang boleh didapati dari farmasi biasa pun.. Terramycin eye ointment kat farmasi yang jual ubat orang dalam RM4.60.. Kalau untuk kucing flat nose.. Persian usually...benda nieh jadi sbb dia memang mcam tueh...tear eye gland tak sempurna..air mata bertakung..dan jadik..

Macam adamyala kata...kalau lepas 3 ari tak dak beza..bawa vet...

And 2 bulan..dinasihatkan jangan vaccine lagi..kang demam lak.. Bagi besar sket dalam 4 bulan ke...

Macamana nak apply..baca thread yang i bagi link kat atas tueh..
Old 07-26-2009, 09:49 AM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
Sy br beli 1 kitten ni...tp mata dia ni asyik berair je...mata merah(pink)...pastu agak bengkak2 skit. nampak x selesa la...tanya owner dia ckp mata mmg style tu...so, mmg x leh wt pape ke?bwk g vet ke...ubat ape2 ke?smpai tua ke mata dia mcm tu? tlg la sesape yg pandai...huhuhuhu
Kalau sampai tua... selamat membelek mata lah..hehehehe I pun da jugak macam tueh... Pagi sekali cuci, petang sekali, malam sekali 3 kali sehari... dalam 15 minit satu sesion...kekeke

Insyallah yang mata bengkak tue akan surut.. yang air mata turun tueh mungkin macam tueh..tapi yang bengkak tue tak normal... yang bengkak tue akan turun dengan terramycin.. SO basicly terramycin kena ada selalu, u kena rajin cuci and kalau nak senang cuci..boleh guna air kosong biasa atau beli pencuci khas untuk mata...ada dimana2 pet shop...

Letak gambar dia bleh..
Old 07-26-2009, 08:39 PM
PetFinder Buddy

pandorabox78 is an unknown quantity at this point

to the people who are trying to be vets and advising hana on getting eye meds from the pharmacy... i'd advise you NOT TO....

it would be better for hana to seek professional advice before deciding on putting things into the eye of her cat..a vet would be a better judge of the eye condition and advise accordingly...

my 2 cents,
jon
Old 07-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Mata style merah...berair...ade solution tak???

Doc,I want to add something here also.If I'm not mistaken,new cat in the new enviroment are not advisable to vaccine at least for 2 weeks right?? This is because their body already weak due to stress in the new environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorabox78 View Post
to the people who are trying to be vets and advising hana on getting eye meds from the pharmacy... i'd advise you NOT TO....

it would be better for hana to seek professional advice before deciding on putting things into the eye of her cat..a vet would be a better judge of the eye condition and advise accordingly...

my 2 cents,
jon
Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 PM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorabox78 View Post

my 2 cents,
jon
Thanks Doc,
I am not trying to be vet, but I am advising Hana based on my experience with my own kittens. I did take my kittens with eye problems to my vet. And that was what he prescribed and I did continue with the treatment at home until they are fully cured. And I am sharing this with Hana. I will try to refrain from giving advice in future.

So, everybody who have problems with their cats/kittens...no matter how minor..please go straight to the vet for advice and treatments. No need to post your problems here. No one is supposed to advice except qualified vets. That is according to Dr Jonathan. And YES !!! he is a vet.

Last edited by adamyala; 07-26-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:52 PM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Doc,I want to add something here also.If I'm not mistaken,new cat in the new enviroment are not advisable to vaccine at least for 2 weeks right?? This is because their body already weak due to stress in the new environment.
Agreed with Adamyala..am not trying to be vet... I myself consult 2 doctors regarding my furbaby Boy last month... one is Dr Sara from Life Veterinary Clinic and another is another doc ( can't remember ) from Peng Aun Vet Clinic.. and I took the same exact med..from the doc to the pharmacist and they gave me the exact packaging of the med..

Am not trying to play vet.. But this is the base for sharing ait.. If not because of petfinder.. my baby Sayang will be still losing fur + have dry fur if not because of these hands on pet teachers...

And yeah, trying to save up a trip to vet if it seems like a common prob.. and dats why I asked for pictures..and yeah..did advise them to go to vet if things are not cleared...

p/s been a freak before...one tiny miny problem...go to vet.. where finally i realized one of the vet keep on giving the same thing for every problem.. antibiotic pills/ deworm/and more antibiotic..and because of petfinder members also I changed my vet whom finally cleared up my problem with just one appointment.. Helping here and there...salah meh?

and maybe the moderator can work something out..let say ban all replies for medical attention.. and also only those qualified with papers can advise..can meh?
Old 07-26-2009, 11:03 PM
PetFinder Buddy

pandorabox78 is an unknown quantity at this point

dear june,

you're right. we do advise clients not to vaccinate a new kitten immediately because of the obvious reason that the health status of the animal is not known to the new owner...vaccines are stresses to the body and would rather prefer that the animal settles in the new environment first.

to the rest,
i'm sorry if i sounded harsh. its good that the petfinders here are a caring bunch and would like to help out a fellow petfinder too... it's all good.... unfortunately... vets get too many animals...especially with eyes that are severely damaged and warrant enucleation (surgical removal of the eye) especially kittens because the owner decided to listen to friends, the petshop, the breeder, the pharmacist.

some may say that they are trying eye meds for just 3 days and then seek the vet's advise if the eye doesn't get better...... but you cannot begin to imagine what can happen in 3 days to an inflammed eye......

there a various eye diseases that may need different methods of treatment...sure...terramycin at rm4.60 a tube is a quick fix for a simple conjunctivitis but do not always assume that it's always JUST A CONJUNCTIVITIS when you see a red eye...... you could be dealing with an ulcer, severe inflammations in the eye that can be more complicated which can develop within a day

to the people who had seeked advise from the vet about their pets eyes....kudos.... you've done right.... you wouldn't want to have a cat whose vision was lost due to ignorance and complacency.....

my 2 cents
Old 07-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurkasih View Post
Kalau sampai tua... selamat membelek mata lah..hehehehe I pun da jugak macam tueh... Pagi sekali cuci, petang sekali, malam sekali 3 kali sehari... dalam 15 minit satu sesion...kekeke

Insyallah yang mata bengkak tue akan surut.. yang air mata turun tueh mungkin macam tueh..tapi yang bengkak tue tak normal... yang bengkak tue akan turun dengan terramycin.. SO basicly terramycin kena ada selalu, u kena rajin cuci and kalau nak senang cuci..boleh guna air kosong biasa atau beli pencuci khas untuk mata...ada dimana2 pet shop...

Letak gambar dia bleh..
Ni pic dia...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	123.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	6782   Click image for larger version

Name:	12345.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	6783   Click image for larger version

Name:	asxasx.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	6784   Click image for larger version

Name:	qww.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	6785   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12346.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	6786  

Old 07-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Ni pic dia...
Quote:
ni latest pic dia..makin merah la plak..bwk g pet shop sbb vet tutup. dia bg ubat titik.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dh mkn teruk.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	6787  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:23 PM
PetFinder Guru

linda_gamble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to linda_gamble

comelnya dier hana..
siannyer mata dier cam ada merah2...
try bawak g vet lain....sian mata dier tue..nak melihat pon tak selesa...
Old 07-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Dr. Jonathan cakap betul sebab Terramycin adalah ubat prescription, penyalahgunaan akan menyebabkan bakteria tersebut menjadi resistant kepada Terramycin dan makin payah untuk dihapuskan.

Kitorang yg tahu guna dan amat cermat dengan penggunaan ubat antibiotik tak per, tapi utk ramai forumers yg tak tahu tu yg buat bahaya.

Bukan semua penyakit mata disebabkan oleh bakteria yg dapat dibunuh dengan antibiotic Terramycin dan tindakan perubatan cepat adalah amat mustahak bagi mengelakkan mata kucing daripada menjadi buta secara kekal.

Bawa lah kucing jumpa doktor haiwan yang bertauliah dan berpengalaman dengan segara (bukan petshop, nanti mereka kasi ubat bahaya yg selalu jumpa kat kedai mereka dan yg mengandungi steroid tu dan mempunyai amaran utk "use when you have exhausted all other means of treatment" tu), kay?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 07-28-2009, 11:37 PM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Ni pic dia...
Comel ekk..

Nway...as the other forumers say..

Bawak g vet...

Itu jerlah for now..
Old 08-03-2009, 02:23 PM
PetFinder Guru

booboo is on a distinguished road

yup. better bwk g doc. tkt melarat kang.....cian dier