Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Lost & Found

Lost & Found Additional exposure for your Lost / Found pets, besides posting at our main PetFinder.my site. Please read our Lost & Found Guidelines first at http://PF.my/l26

Old 09-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Animal Lover

camczodzyawien is on a distinguished road
Default Is it possible my cat will come back to the same place where she ran away?

I was bringing my cat to the veterinary. When I brought her out of the car, the workers of the nearby shop was closing the shutter and the noise scared her. She struggled out of my arms and disappeared across the nearby bushes. I had searching through the area included the ditch that lead to a tunnel. I doubt that she had gone through that tunnel but I'm not sure because it is very long and wet.

I searched for her everyday at the same place and the nearby area but I still couldn't find her. Is it possible that she will come back to the same place? Or she will just run farther and farther? I'm so lost and I don't know what to do. I miss her so much. I hope somebody could help me.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:07 PM
PetFinder Guru

Rayquaza17 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it possible my cat will come back to the same place where she ran away?

Well... it could be possible and it could not. She might try to find her way back to a familiar place like your house. Less chances she might go back to the same place. If you are still very unsure, you can ask around and post notices nearby that place.

Next time, get a cat carrier. It cost but it will ensure safety for your cat. I hope you manage to re-unite..
Old 09-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Animal Lover

Default Re: Is it possible my cat will come back to the same place where she ran away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza17 View Post
Well... it could be possible and it could not. She might try to find her way back to a familiar place like your house. Less chances she might go back to the same place. If you are still very unsure, you can ask around and post notices nearby that place.

Next time, get a cat carrier. It cost but it will ensure safety for your cat. I hope you manage to re-unite..
Thank you for your advice
Old 09-22-2012, 04:26 PM
PetFinder Guru

Rayquaza17 is on a distinguished road

Welcome. Best of luck :)
Old 12-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Animal Lover

carries is on a distinguished road

Yes it is possible she will return to that area.

You can get more info from this website on how to recover your lost cat

http://catsinthebag.yuku.com/directory

(By the way, my cat also on the way to the vet to be neutered, broke out of the pet carrier. She actually managed to split the plastic on the bottom latch and exploded out of the carrier. They were cutting the grass and the sound spooked her.
After a month of seaching my condo compound without any results, i finally think i have located her less than 1km away but in a very hard to reach place and the cat has turned feral and doesn't recognise me anymore. It has now been almost 2mths since she ran off in fear.)

I am now visiting websites, trying to gather information on how to trap the cat to retrieve her.

Please do not give up looking for your cat.
Good Luck!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Animal Lover

Thank you.

I had finally found her near the place she ran away. She was in a ditch tunnel and didn't want to get out. I had to get my dad to crawl into the dirty tunnel and pull her out. She was safe but sadly we found out that she was suffering from cancer and cannot be cured. The doctor suggested me to put her to sleep because her wound is getting worse and there were growths all over her. I am not sure since she is still eating and meowing as usual. It is like killing her if I put her to sleep now. Either way, I still feel bad about it.

Maybe you could try to lure you cat with food or her favourite stuffs. Honestly, I had spent most of my time around the ditch and try everything I could to find my lost cat that my parents and the people nearby thought that I was crazy, but it doesn't matter because I know what I was doing. I hope you could retrieve your cat soon. Don't give up and good luck :)
Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Animal Lover

carries is on a distinguished road

Thank you.

I managed to trap the cat i think is mine, but unfortunately she doesn't seem to recognise me at all.

We cannot get a good look at her yet (as she is hiding in the "cardboardbox cave" we provided for her in the house) and we cannot handle her as she will hiss and spit at us, when we get too close.

This cat is definately and indoor only cat who has been displaced.
And i am praying that this cat is mine.

If she isn't, then where is my cat?
I have searched thoroughly all over for 2 months and there is no trace of any other cat matching mine except this one ........
Old 12-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Animal Lover

It's sad to hear about that. Are you sure she's not your cat? If she's yours, I think she just need some times to be close to you again. If your car is still out there, maybe you should go back to where she ran away.

Try to search thoroughly around that area and called for her name if she responds. Place some food at every nearby corner, so that if she gets hungry maybe she'll smell them. She's an indoor cat after all, so I think it's not easy for her to hunt outside.

That's what I did when I searched for my cat. Hope it works.