Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Cat TV and Photos

Cat TV and Photos Post photos of your cats or embed YouTube videos. Nice place to show off your kittens or cat buddies

Old 10-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default June's Anak Bulus

This is my PR Lounge privilage member i.e strays that I fed.he!!he!! mother cat and her kittens.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Topeng.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Topeng2.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	1310  
Old 10-13-2008, 05:55 AM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road
Default Re: June's Anak Bulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
This is my PR Lounge privilage member i.e strays that I fed.he!!he!! mother cat and her kittens.

boleh pegang2 ke durang ni june? mcm jinak je....
aku pun ada jugak kasi mkn strays....sampai 15 ekor kat backyard aku..tapi durang liar sgt...
kengkadang tu teringin gak nak pegang...comel comel tau...tapi durang kasi aku hiss hiss jer...mcm mana ko buat kasi durang jinak? nak jugak belajar
Old 10-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Animal Lover

yg ini jinak sikit.durang siap masuk rumah ronda2 dlm rmh klu aku buka pintu.siap lepak dlm bilik aku lg.he!!he!!he!! yg ibu kucing tu lg jinak.blh pegang dan usap2 dia.yg anak2 kitten tu tak pernah hiss kat kita org.cuma mula2 dulu klu nampak suma lari menyorok.

mak aku bg petua sapu mentega/marjerin kat tapak kaki dan tangan kucing utk jinakkan durang tp aku tak pernah cuba & tak nampak logiknya.heh!!heh!!heh!! aku takdelah apa2 petua nak jinakkan durang cuma aku perasan yg durang ni lebih jinak klu aku bg mkn ikan.lepas aku bg mkn ikan baru aku blh pegang.dulu tak blh pegang langsung.durang lari.skrg ni aku selalu usap2 kepala,telinga dan garu2 perut durang.ada seeekor yg takde dlm gambar punyalah best.setiap kali nampak aku atau hubby aku siap main cak cak dlm kotak tu.suka benor dia klu digaru2 perutnya

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamyala View Post
boleh pegang2 ke durang ni june? mcm jinak je....
aku pun ada jugak kasi mkn strays....sampai 15 ekor kat backyard aku..tapi durang liar sgt...
kengkadang tu teringin gak nak pegang...comel comel tau...tapi durang kasi aku hiss hiss jer...mcm mana ko buat kasi durang jinak? nak jugak belajar
Old 10-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Hi june

looks like your PR lounge for stray cats is inside your house

how do you handle / resolve

1) territorial issues with your own cats - do they mind the newcomers?

2) risk of flea/mites/ticks infestation?

would like to learn from you - right now my resources are limited therefore even if i want to rescue more, i can't afford it if my own furkids fall sick as a result or they get fleas/mites/ticks - my sis are always reminding me.

right now, i can only provide them with food, but so far no more mothers and babies - only adult cats.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Animal Lover

Ashley,my PR member is actually not inside my house but within my compound.U see my apartment is very special. Every unit have what I call as patio.he!!he!! the size is around 10 feet x 7 feet and we secure the area with grill in fact every unit also secure their unit with grill. My own cats are all inside my apartment and my PR cats is inside the patio area where i put my shoe rack,old newspaper,box and towel for them to sleep.

My cats will just watch them from inside everytime I feed the strays.I spray my unit everyday with fleas infection spray and bath my cats twice a month with Machiko Shampoo (very good to get rid of the ticks and fleas).But some of the tame strays berani2 masuk my unit and jalan2,sniff while my cats hide under the bed and kitchen cabinet.takut.wakakakakakak!!

Next month the mother cat in the pic and her kitty (the one like wearing a mask) will due to be neuter.I'll bring them to klinik kembiri.the next batch for neutering will be in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi june

looks like your PR lounge for stray cats is inside your house

how do you handle / resolve

1) territorial issues with your own cats - do they mind the newcomers?

2) risk of flea/mites/ticks infestation?

would like to learn from you - right now my resources are limited therefore even if i want to rescue more, i can't afford it if my own furkids fall sick as a result or they get fleas/mites/ticks - my sis are always reminding me.

right now, i can only provide them with food, but so far no more mothers and babies - only adult cats.

Last edited by June; 10-13-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Banned

OIC,

speaking of your cats being scared - do they show any behaviour arising from stress/nervousness of having so many other cats around their territory? now all my cats are exhibiting such behaviour when they see me feed simba and his friend so now i have to feed simba and his friend on the sly

1) so my own cats won't know (but they know already)
2) so my neighbours won't know and make any excuses to hurt simba and his friends.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Banned

oh, i once asked my vet whether it is okay to spray frontline on my furniture floor door and wall corner and she said frontline is meant for use on cats, i can use it on my furniture but it won't be much use

can i ask you what sort of flea solution you use for your house? i'd like to get one too - to put near the windows and doors areas
Old 10-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Puppet Master~

chemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

i think for the sake of the house cleaning from fleas... salt water will do (it's cheapest after all) if inside cats room with carpet, can use fronline dose abit on the carpet. aiya.. frontline botol kecik tak bleh sembur satu rumah.. high cost.. hihi... but i think salt water (for floor cleaning) or detergent will do... after all salt protection around house is good to prevent not only small insects... even can protect you from snakes... or ghost (huhuhu this one i have no idea, just put it as to exaggerate the use of salt...hihihi)
Old 10-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned

hi chemonk

i don't mind using salt water but gotta make it diluted i don't want my cats to keep licking the floor

but i noticed in taoist rites, salt are used for "house cleansing" ritual..so you got something there

but i only need to apply it at the window frame and door frame.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Animal Lover

hey,the muslims also use salt as part of the cleansing.well sort of.dunno how to explain.

I forgot the name of the spray.I bought it from the petshop.so far my cats all are free from fleas/ticks.

the good think about my cats they never hiss at the strays.they just sniff2 and cabut lari.hiding under the bed/cabinet etc. my cats are all sakai.even footstep outside the house make them hide behind the door.hide their body but kepala outside intai2.

Quote:
hi chemonk

i don't mind using salt water but gotta make it diluted i don't want my cats to keep licking the floor

but i noticed in taoist rites, salt are used for "house cleansing" ritual..so you got something there

but i only need to apply it at the window frame and door frame.

Last edited by June; 10-13-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Animal Lover

Ashley, I'm using Hartz 4 in 1 Home Fogger.Price is RM32.Bought it from Petshop near my office. the size is about mineral water bottle with blue cap and the bottle is ocean blue.

Stated on the bottle cover "Kills Fleas,Ticks, Mosquito, Flea Eggs and Larvae.
Control reinfestaion for 7 months. Effective Long Term Control.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Wah, your PR lounge members are so jinak ler....they're so lucky. My Blackie is like your full citizenship cats.....very suaku. He'll run and hide when he hears footsteps, even if the footstep is not anywhere near our home.

He doesn't really like to go out, either. But we let him out at least once a day, in the morning, to watch the birds. We'll sit with him and when he's had enough, he'll get up and go back in. In the evenings, sometimes, he doesn't want to go out, like right now. We opened and tried to get him to go out, but he prefers to lepak in the kitchen, refusing to go out.

A more sakai cat would be hard to find....
Old 10-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Animal Lover

You know, I really don't have any tips on how to tame them.What i did was to open the door and let them venture the house,sniff my cats.Peterpan will be always follow the strays from behind,just being busy body or trying to protect the house from strangers I dunno. but the rest are very sakai dan cabut lari.they hide under the kitchen cabinet,but you can see their eyes intai2 the strays.he!!he!!

slowly the get to know each other,and no more sakai look or cabut lari,instead my cats just follow them from behind and sniff2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Wah, your PR lounge members are so jinak ler....they're so lucky. My Blackie is like your full citizenship cats.....very suaku. He'll run and hide when he hears footsteps, even if the footstep is not anywhere near our home.

He doesn't really like to go out, either. But we let him out at least once a day, in the morning, to watch the birds. We'll sit with him and when he's had enough, he'll get up and go back in. In the evenings, sometimes, he doesn't want to go out, like right now. We opened and tried to get him to go out, but he prefers to lepak in the kitchen, refusing to go out.

A more sakai cat would be hard to find....

Last edited by June; 10-14-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Banned

[/QUOTE]

A more sakai cat would be hard to find....[/QUOTE]

i don't know about "suaku" but i wish my cats were more like your blackie. they tried so hard to find any means to escape. last night, one was accidentally locked in the kitchen when we locked down the house for the night and he triggered the alarm. we didn't know and we were scared stiff thinking there was a break-in. he was terrifed out of his mind poor thing. this morning, anna attempted another break-out the moment i let her into my bedroom and i wasn't even wide awake yet! i don't mind if my cats exhibited a bit more "suaku" behaviour!
Old 10-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Ashley, I think your cats are outdoor cats. You rescued them after they've got used to life as an outdoor cat.

My Blackie, on the other hand, was rescued when he was just 3 or 4 days old. He has never been outside, until this year. He has seen humans and birds, but has never seen another cat in his entire life.

Well, he has seen a very young kitten, less than a month old, which I once rescued from a dumpster. But he probably thought that was a mouse (he has never seen a real mouse either) and tried to kill it whenever we turned our back.

Quote:
i don't know about "suaku" but i wish my cats were more like your blackie. they tried so hard to find any means to escape. last night, one was accidentally locked in the kitchen when we locked down the house for the night and he triggered the alarm. we didn't know and we were scared stiff thinking there was a break-in. he was terrifed out of his mind poor thing. this morning, anna attempted another break-out the moment i let her into my bedroom and i wasn't even wide awake yet! i don't mind if my cats exhibited a bit more "suaku" behaviour!
Old 10-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Oh yeah, I also had to teach him to meow, too. He was so quiet we called him the silent cat....but now, he's very vocal. Sometimes we don't even know what he's talking about....he'll just come into my room, looked at me, and yak away in his own language.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:02 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

wah blackie... he loves talking to u lar... my kids are not suaku... but very the sakai... u know why... pantang open the door only they all would rush out.. then i will start to have a panic attack.. juz because of them.. slightly gonna have a heart attack as well... aiyoo... bey tahan la.....
Old 10-15-2008, 08:17 AM
PetFinder Guru

Celis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post

wah2...ramai gak budak2 yg u feed...semoga murah rezeki so leh bawa I ngan As_Serialam naik kuda padi
Old 10-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Hahaha, filin, blackie is not talking to me as in having a conversation la...he is demanding for something, and it's my job to figure out what it is that he's demanding for....

I'll have to check his room to see if he has pooed or peed and wants me to clean his litter, or he wants his food bowl replenished, or whatever. You get the drift....

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
wah blackie... he loves talking to u lar... my kids are not suaku... but very the sakai... u know why... pantang open the door only they all would rush out.. then i will start to have a panic attack.. juz because of them.. slightly gonna have a heart attack as well... aiyoo... bey tahan la.....
Old 10-15-2008, 11:53 AM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Hahaha, filin, blackie is not talking to me as in having a conversation la...he is demanding for something, and it's my job to figure out what it is that he's demanding for....

I'll have to check his room to see if he has pooed or peed and wants me to clean his litter, or he wants his food bowl replenished, or whatever. You get the drift....
ehehe..oooo..like dat ar.... wa lau weh...ur cat keng la... ehehe... can demand like that... ehhe... luckily my cats not like dat.. they only deman food n go for walks...(meaning let them loose outside which i wont let them.. have to wear leash first then can... )