Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 10-30-2008, 11:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IAMS A Recipe For Cruelty

I am not and will not be buying IAMS ... :)

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 10-31-2008, 04:40 AM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
I am not and will not be buying IAMS ... :)
Me too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by firdaruddin View Post
surely memang tak beli iams...walaupun nampak banyak dijual..entah la..memang tak berminat..hehe
Before keluar article nih, Pakcu dok bagi IAMS gak, tp lately, the quality dah not so good, najis bau terlampau kuat and selalu cirit, so stop la. Kuar lak article nih, so stop terus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firdaruddin View Post
bukan suka2, tapi sometimes,this is the requirement as a moderator in several big forum..u have to guide other forumner back to the main topic....kalau cakap baik2 pun dah taknak ikut, masa tu la terpaksa garang sedikit..tq
Pakcu ada post article nih kat kg sebelah tp moderator dah delete, just after one day. Kenapa moderator sebelah tu delete ek..

sorry, off topic...this is the last post regarding this...anything else, please continue the discussion in the appropiate thread.
Ok, saja jer nak test skill multi quote nih.. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Skills and competency set for cikgu disiplin very, very, very different from that required of a forum moderator, kind Sir! Especially an adult forum and a humane cause inclined one at that! Very, very different skillset and talent, and very, very different business environment, my good Sir!
Above all, you have to be a good diplomat ... cikgu disiplin no need, just go piak! piak! piak! tak setuju lantak lah ko ... tak payah ada piagam pelanggan, there are no pelanggans for disiplin cikgu! Heheheheheeeeee!!!!
Yup, moderator kampong sebelah not a good diplomat, IAMS article ni pakcu posted pun dia org delete after one day, without any explanation either to the forum or PM Pakcu.. hmm.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:29 AM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgraldo View Post
Before keluar article nih, Pakcu dok bagi IAMS gak, tp lately, the quality dah not so good, najis bau terlampau kuat and selalu cirit, so stop la. Kuar lak article nih, so stop terus.

Yup, moderator kampong sebelah not a good diplomat, IAMS article ni pakcu posted pun dia org delete after one day, without any explanation either to the forum or PM Pakcu.. hmm.
zee perasan pakcu ada post pasal iams dekat kampung sebelah tapi tak tahu lak kena delet dah..ish ish..
ada msg si datuk mod tu pasal ni?atleast he owes you an explanations..
mana bleh delete ikut suka hati, salah guna kuasa dah tu!

yup, zee last beli iam(actually bf salah beli) early this year and zee pun perasan kualiti macam tak sebagus petfood lain..
takda perubahan dalam babies zee, bila kitaorg tukar RC time to memang nampak perubahan dari byk segi...
memang kualiti iams dah menurun kot banding dgn brand lain...
Old 10-31-2008, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Forum moderator skills and competency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreted View Post
orang putih? humm? orang putih? kita tidak bicara orang putih hitam kuning jingga abu-abu mr. dimb.
hey chelly, haven't seen you in a long time!
neway why talking about colors here, u left out pink la...
Old 10-31-2008, 09:08 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forum moderator skills and competency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreted View Post
orang putih? humm? orang putih? kita tidak bicara orang putih hitam kuning jingga abu-abu mr. dimb.

what is "hal hal orang putih"?

Anyway, IAMS sucks!! and that includes EUKANUBA. Dog owners, don't forget that Eukanuba dog food falls under the IAMS umbrella..
Old 10-31-2008, 09:23 AM

meaning from now on, no more Iams, RC or Eukaba...
well atleast avoid from using the above brands..
any other brands that i've missed?
Old 10-31-2008, 10:43 AM
Animal Lover

rowentan is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: IAMS A Recipe For Cruelty

Dear All pet lovers,
I've noticed that there has been a war of words between a few forumers in this thread. My intention of posting this topic is just to create awareness about what is done by IAMS and it's child company Eukanuba.

In a later reply to another forumer, I've also mentioned that RC was recalled in the tainted pet food scandal and recommend natural feeding.

However, I regretted that it became a war of word between few forumers on what is good and what is it not good food for their pets. To clear this matter, whatever other feed to their pet is neither mine nor your business.. As long as you feed what you think is best for your pet and your pocket.. then that is good enough...

Loving you pet it the greatest gift to everyone in this forum? Don't you agree with me? As long as you don't do something that might land yourself in this hall of shame, then you're a good owner.. Bravo...
Old 10-31-2008, 10:52 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Rowentan,
Forum always have war, it call civil war. every person have their own opinion, I agree with you. Thanks for coming back save the war.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Animal Lover

Wink Re: IAMS A Recipe For Cruelty

Hi dog is my buddy,
I know that forum alwas have war of words, thank you for the gentle reminder. But i would say that this war has gone a little out of hand and has turn into an un-cilvilised war instead.. I noticed that there has been exchange insults, not so pleasant and politically incorrect remarks between forumers. It's no longer an exchange of opinions. So, I hope that forumers can be nice to each other and be buddies again. No more flaming war ok? Peace....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Rowentan,
Forum always have war, it call civil war. every person have their own opinion, I agree with you. Thanks for coming back save the war.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Forum moderator skills and competency

aiyoh!! Chelly,don't vote melah.I'm suck with high tech.can't even do multiply quote. I think Babyzee can be a good moderator.She's very diplomatic and gentle lady.he!!he!!he!!

By the way,RC also inlcuded in this cruelty towards animal for their food?? Now i must remind my mum to change her cat's food.My mum's cat love RC.Probably I'll ask my mum to switch to Blackwood.But then I couldn't find Blackwood in Kota Kinabalu. Maybe the best food is still nasi with ikan rebus ler.like the old days

i lately very buzzy with work babyzee.. they all drown me to death.. DROWN ME TO DEATH vey vey busy... anyway.. hope to find a very good moderator.. with a sense of moderate moderation thats always around. hehehe i vote for JUNE![/QUOTE]
Old 10-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Dear members, once again, please stop the unnecessary heated disputes here.

I believe DIMB was misunderstood in his earlier postings. He is one of the most helpful and friendly forumners here, and I am very sure he is not a racist.

So, let's get back on with the proper topic of IAMS, thanks.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Animal Lover and Rescuer

foxtress81 is on a distinguished road

Yes Rowentan..

I agree that people have been uncivilized towards each other and the war of words is getting out of hand.

Its a shame.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:12 AM

Default An Iams Gallery of Misery

Quote:

Christmas
The last three letters of his lab identification are “mas,” thus his name. But his life is far from a celebration. PETA’s investigator discovered that his ears had been allowed to reach a level of such extreme filth that they required medication. She noticed the problem only by giving Christmas hands-on attention which he had never previously received. His feet have developed sores from years of living on cement and slatted metal.

Fifi
Fifi has been used in Iams studies for at least six years. She hides in the back of her cage constantly.

Maddog
MadDog is frustrated by his life in a 3-foot-by-3-foot cage. He often pushes his food bowl onto the floor to get attention but it hasn’t done any good. He has been caged for Iams metabolic studies for six years. His voice was taken from him surgically during PETA’s investigation.

Maisy
Maisy loves attention but rarely gets it. It’s even harder now that she’s been debarked and has no voice. Maisy has been caged since September 18, 1997.

Maxine
Maxine hides in the back of her steel cage and in the gutter of her cement kennel. Maxine has trouble eating when she is locked in the metabolic cage. She was surgically debarked along with 18 other Iams dogs during PETA’s investigation. Iams did nothing to stop Maxine or the others from losing their voices.

Mickey
Mickey has spent almost her entire life in Iams metabolic studies. She becomes extremely depressed when taken from her cement kennel to be put into the steel metabolic cage.

No Name
This Iams dog has no name—only a laboratory identification number. She lives in a dark building with no access to the outdoors or natural light, along with approximately 100 other dogs. Because she has no resting board and is not removed from the cage during cleaning time, she often is forced to sit or lie on wet concrete. She is lonely, sweet, and depressed.

Sally
Sally is extremely timid. She was born on April 10, 1996, and has spent the last six years trying to sleep and walk on cold wide-slatted floors. Many dogs injure themselves when their legs become stuck in between the slats.
Taken from IamsCruelty.com

So need much more evidence to boycott Iams and any poducts similiar to their cruelty? Just check out the IamsCruelty.com
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2008, 03:07 AM
Meow's Pets

firdaruddin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to firdaruddin
Default Re: An Iams Gallery of Misery

punya la teruk layanan terhadap diorang.....nak kena sling shot baru puas hati nie...huhu
Old 11-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Let's sign a petition to boycott IAMS. And spread the word around. Poor, poor animals.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Animal Lover

Thumbs up Re: IAMS A Recipe For Cruelty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Let's sign a petition to boycott IAMS. And spread the word around. Poor, poor animals.
I think a petition to this kind of company does no good. The only good thing that we can do is spread the word around. Spend some money and time printing those article and pictures from http://www.iamscruelty.com and show it to people you know and your favourite local pet store. A few caring pet store stopped selling IAMS products when they learnt about the abuse done by IAMS. They have even went to the extent of taking out Eukanuba and RC too!

Also i noted that a few supermarkets such as JUSO and Tesco are still stocking in IAMS and Eukanuba pet food, does any have contact to these store so that we can inform them of the abuse done by these company? If they are caring then they too might stop taking in these products.

Make an impact and start saving those poor animals.

Last edited by rowentan; 11-03-2008 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-03-2008, 11:16 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
Taken from IamsCruelty.com

So need much more evidence to boycott Iams and any poducts similiar to their cruelty? Just check out the IamsCruelty.com
Babyzee, these photos are heartbreaking but thank you for putting a face to iams cruelty. words aren't enough. people need to SEE the suffering.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

i have made a conscious decision to stop buying IAMS and RC a long time ago (back in the early days when i was trying out different brands for my then kittens).

i stopped when i discovered that IAMS and RC conduct testing on animals and then went on to read about the cruelty perpetrated by IAMS. it was shocking and sobering. sobering to know that how much ignorant we are as consumers, most of the time trusting implicitly the advertisements we see from advertisers.

sobering also because although we can't do much "directly" to help the animal (like rescue them, etc), we as consumers have a silent yet powerful and huge "voice" by the way we use our consumer dollars - we can make our decision and opinion known by the way we spend our dollar or in this case, our ringgit. and by making a conscious decision to avoid spending RM/$$$ on companies like IAMS, we are actually telling them where it (matters) that they will be punished for their continous practice of perpetrating suffering unto animals via their product testing on animals.

whether it is through invidivually volunteer boycott or a group petition/boycott, each small gesture of boycott will make a difference for the poor animals in their research lab.

i tend to try out different pet supplies retailers and at each place, they'd definitely recommend me IAMS and RC and other like brands (as we get to talk and discuss about cats, food,etc). their recommendation is due to "popularity" of the brand and "high acceptance" of the brand by the general public. I always make it a point to inform them that I'm not buying IAMS (and like brands) due to their track record of cruelty to animals and i find most of the pet supplies retailers are unaware of such an issue, with the exception of one or two but mostly they dont' discuss it unless their customers bring it up.

so if each animal lover / pet owner can identify with the aim of this thread and is to be socially responsible through their consumer purchasing power, i.e. wiling to "vote" with their $$$/RM, we can definitely slowly but surely create awareness not only amongst end-consumers (pet owners, etc) but also among retailers , but what is most important is amongst end-consumers (cos it is their $$$ that companies like IAMS are fighting for) and if there's large enough awareness and this translate into concrete action (like boycott, petition, demands that may translate into better legislation for protection of animals), then at the end of the day, our very small and miniscule effort of making a conscious decision to avoid buying these companies' products have really make a huge difference for all animals (especially those involved in laboratory testing) all over the world

now, isn't that something worthwhile to be able to sleep soundly on?

Old 11-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

hi lynie

babyzee is good and resourceful but here i'd also like to record a word of thanks also to you for also highlighting on cruelty to animals in another thread (sorry i can't recall the name and i can't find it now - the forum has grown so much)

if you recall, perhaps you won't sharing the link to that thread as it is on a related issue - i'm sure the moderators won't mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
Babyzee, these photos are heartbreaking but thank you for putting a face to iams cruelty. words aren't enough. people need to SEE the suffering.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:31 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default IamsCruelty.com

Ini mungkin cerita lama.. tapi bila I tengok video tueh.. sedih gila..cam nak nangis... I tengok tak da pun thread pasal nieh~kalau dah ada tolong merge ekk Mod.. Website tue PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)http://www.peta.org/about/ ) yang host..Check out http://www.iamscruelty.com/

Animals Still Suffer at Iams

Iams: A Recipe for Cruelty
For nearly 10 months in 2002 and early 2003, a PETA investigator worked undercover at Sinclair Research Center, a laboratory hired by Iams, and discovered a dark and sordid secret beneath the wholesome image of the dog- and cat-food manufacturer. Dogs had gone crazy because they were confined to barren steel cages and cement cells, dogs were left piled on a filthy paint-chipped floor after chunks of muscle had been hacked from their thighs, dogs were surgically debarked, and horribly sick dogs and cats were neglected and left in cages to suffer without any veterinary care.

Footage shows that Iams representatives toured the facility and witnessed dogs who were circling in their cells and sweltering in the summer heat. Iams knew the truth yet did nothing to protect the animals.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture investigated PETA's complaint and agreed that the laboratory had failed to provide veterinary care and pain relief to suffering animals, failed to provide animals with adequate space, and failed to train employees—along with nearly 40 other violations of the federal Animal Welfare Act. Sinclair Research Center paid a penalty of $33,000 for its violations.

After intense pressure from PETA and its supporters, Iams agreed to make the following significant changes in its testing program:
Iams bowed to pressure and severed its ties with Sinclair Research Center.
Iams ended all invasive and terminal experiments on dogs and cats.
Iams agreed to begin conducting humane in-home tests for palatability studies.
According to Iams, about 70 percent of the animals now in its tests reside at home with their families. In these studies, people volunteer their companion animals to participate in food and nutrition experiments from the comfort of their own homes. The human guardians can easily be trained to feed the animals and properly collect fecal and urine samples for laboratory analysis to determine the quality of the animal's food. "In-home" studies have been shown to work and have strong scientific support, as shown by the successful PetSci program, which was developed by Dr. Charles Abramson and Dr. Timothy Bowser of Oklahoma State University.

Even so, Iams still keeps up to 700 dogs and cats in its Dayton, Ohio, laboratory for non-invasive nutritional studies. They claim that this laboratory provides a decent environment for the animals, but they refuse to allow a PETA representative to see inside. Iams claims that some studies are too complex for in-home programs, but PETA urges Iams to collaborate with veterinary clinics for studies such as these. Veterinary clinics regularly see patients who suffer from ailments that a particular dog or cat food might help alleviate.

Iams has also refused to end invasive experiments on species other than dogs and cats. For one study, Iams gave Purdue University nearly $200,000 to conduct a two-year study in which experimenters taped the tails of mice to the tops of cages to keep their hind legs suspended in the air. This was done to cause muscular atrophy—the wasting away of muscle tissue. When PETA protested, the experiment was cut short.

Iams has also fought the release of information from a public university that had conducted a study funded by the company in which a painful disease was induced in dogs. What was Iams hiding?

Iams has made progress, but as an industry leader, it must send an even clearer message: No animal deserves the fate of those who remain in their laboratories. Safe, healthy cat and dog food does not require harming cats and dogs.

PETA continues to press Iams to ban conducting and funding invasive or terminal experiments on all species and to adopt 100 percent humane, non-invasive, and cage-free "in-home" testing, as many of Iams' compassionate competitors have done.

Until Iams agrees, we urge consumers to purchase dog and cat food from companies that do not test on animals. In the meantime, read about some other ways you can help the millions of animals every year who are abused and inadequately cared for?all in the name of research.