Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Old 06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default DBKL Came to My Apartment

I'm in big trouble. Today at 7pm DBKL came to my apartment to issue first warning abt my cats. They received complaint (refused to reveal the complainant) that I breed cats. After long discussion plus tour in my apartment and persuading from me & my husband, they decided to give me 2 weeks to settle the cats outside and downstairs. My house cats is safe.They will not touch on that. Now the problem is,out of 11 stray cats that I fed regularly only 5 used to human. the other 6 are feral. I can come closed to them but I cannot touch them.

What am I going to do?? I do not want any cats go to their centre in Setapak. We all know their fate. They go in and never come out Why human are so cruel??
Old 06-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DBKL Came to My Apartment

DAMN your neighbors! What is their problem?!

June, this might be a great time to test the TNR program that Furkids advocates, if you can only come up with a safe place to release the whole feral community. Or do you think the neighbors and DBKL might allow them to stay where they are if they're all neutered??

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I'm in big trouble. Today at 7pm DBKL came to my apartment to issue first warning abt my cats. They received complaint (refused to reveal the complainant) that I breed cats. After long discussion plus tour in my apartment and persuading from me & my husband, they decided to give me 2 weeks to settle the cats outside and downstairs. My house cats is safe.They will not touch on that. Now the problem is,out of 11 stray cats that I fed regularly only 5 used to human. the other 6 are feral. I can come closed to them but I cannot touch them.

What am I going to do?? I do not want any cats go to their centre in Setapak. We all know their fate. They go in and never come out Why human are so cruel??
Old 06-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

oh june.

okay, let's think positive and constructive. the "colourful and creative adjective" aka invectives (is that the correct word?) can come later, if at all.

okay, you're doing rescue work, not propagating strays. that's clear but our beloved msian govt do not have rules that recognise and acknowledge the role of independent animal rescuers.

idea
1) do you think you can approach spca to help you with this problem? not to dump the cats on them, no cos they won't accept that but to ask them to give you some sort of "legitimacy" by recognising your role as voluntary animal rescuer and fosterer thus helping you to gain "presence" in the eyes of the authority (to them you are either it or do not exist, for us the rules are black and white, for them it's always gray). this way, you've the backing of spca cos what you do is genuine humanitarian compassionate work with animals and their welfare. if spca is willing to do that, you'd be on their role as volunteer fosterer/rescuers..etc,..whatever rules and guidances they have on volunteer rescuers/fosterers (or whether they need to draw up some i'll leave it to them to address).

this is a win-win situation and if this is workable from spca's point of view, this would mean a great stride in animal welfare - harnessing and focusing the energy, effort of independent animal rescuers that can increase exponentially, that will also release the personnel pressure (the lack of personnel pressure) for field/ground work from spca so they have better time frame to draw up adequate focused and effective guidances for its network of volunteers/fosterers. this is what overseas' spca organisation do (sorry can't quote which one on hand, had read about it some time ago can't remember which one).

Idea 2)
the alternative is to approach the list of fosterers on this forum and ask them to help foster the cats

are these cats neutered? yes, right, then it's a matter of getting them. since spca has experience in capture and rescue, perhaps they can help you , if not in giving personnel to help you, in letting you have some of the implements (like human trap for catching cat) - something that's large which can accomodate several cats and easy to use and work - instead of just mere small invidivual carriers?

sorry i can't give more suggestions, i'm still shocked - haven't had time to think this over.

hope genuine fosterers and rescuers can pool resources to help you.

sorry i can't take in any more - at the moment, my house is full - have recently rescued a mother cat with her four kittens and my other two rescued cats (mother and her kitten).
Old 06-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Animal Lover

Amanda, all those cats were once pet.Abandoned by their owner when they got pregnant and also the owner move out. They have no place to go.This is the only place they know. The feral cats is from some of the ex-pet cat.When I first moved in here 2005, I feed them and play with them. I didn't do anything because they have owner. But soon I saw one by one come to my place for food.Heavily pregnant. So that was time I started my mission. Start to give their kittens for adoption and was looking around for cat forum to get more info and potential adopter. I started with kitten.com.

Ashley,the enforcement officers are from Klinik Kembiri Setapak but different division. I explained everything abt rescuer,fosterer neutering etc.Their answer?? We are just doing our job. If we don't take action,we are in trouble. I was thinking to complaint abt dogs the resident keep in their unit.But what is the point?? It doesn't solve any problem. More animal will suffer.

I will have to start taking their pics to post here. I'm totally lost right now. Don't know where to start. Maybe tmrw I can think straight. Too many things happen in 1 nite.

Malaysia should start draft new law for animal.Animal have every right to live in this world too. I know some countries in Europe imposed heavy penalty for those who kacau the strays.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:21 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Quote:

Too bad to heard that. it might your apartment people complain and report.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post

oh june.

okay, let's think positive and constructive. the "colourful and creative adjective" aka invectives (is that the correct word?) can come later, if at all.

okay, you're doing rescue work, not propagating strays. that's clear but our beloved msian govt do not have rules that recognise and acknowledge the role of independent animal rescuers.

idea
1) do you think you can approach spca to help you with this problem? not to dump the cats on them, no cos they won't accept that but to ask them to give you some sort of "legitimacy" by recognising your role as voluntary animal rescuer and fosterer thus helping you to gain "presence" in the eyes of the authority (to them you are either it or do not exist, for us the rules are black and white, for them it's always gray). this way, you've the backing of spca cos what you do is genuine humanitarian compassionate work with animals and their welfare. if spca is willing to do that, you'd be on their role as volunteer fosterer/rescuers..etc,..whatever rules and guidances they have on volunteer rescuers/fosterers (or whether they need to draw up some i'll leave it to them to address).

this is a win-win situation and if this is workable from spca's point of view, this would mean a great stride in animal welfare - harnessing and focusing the energy, effort of independent animal rescuers that can increase exponentially, that will also release the personnel pressure (the lack of personnel pressure) for field/ground work from spca so they have better time frame to draw up adequate focused and effective guidances for its network of volunteers/fosterers. this is what overseas' spca organisation do (sorry can't quote which one on hand, had read about it some time ago can't remember which one).

Idea 2)
the alternative is to approach the list of fosterers on this forum and ask them to help foster the cats

are these cats neutered? yes, right, then it's a matter of getting them. since spca has experience in capture and rescue, perhaps they can help you , if not in giving personnel to help you, in letting you have some of the implements (like human trap for catching cat) - something that's large which can accomodate several cats and easy to use and work - instead of just mere small invidivual carriers?

sorry i can't give more suggestions, i'm still shocked - haven't had time to think this over.

hope genuine fosterers and rescuers can pool resources to help you.

sorry i can't take in any more - at the moment, my house is full - have recently rescued a mother cat with her four kittens and my other two rescued cats (mother and her kitten).
Hi Ashley

your suggestion re spca, i've tried before, a few years back, at the suggestion of a vet who has since gone overseas. i approached one of the committee members who conveyed the request to the president. the reply was we can't use a residential area to keep rescued animals. we asked for a letter to inform the authorities that the animals are not for sale but are rescued and also they are very healthy. we did not even ask for recognition of any sort. the vet that i mentioned was the one who saw to our animals and he can vouch that we took extremely good care of them. anyway, it was no go from spca. why we asked for a letter was because we built a huge shelter for them and we made sure that whatever cleaning we did, we scooped or it goes into the sewer, never into the big drain outside our house. we do not wish to have complaints so we try to minimize inconveniences to the neighbourhood.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Hi June,

I understand how u feel 'cos I also got a visit from MPKJ. We were not at home then so they drop the summons in our letterbox. We suspect it was our neighbour 'cos i've dogs as well. We had to move some of our cats and dogs out.

Anyway, whatever it is, please do not send them to 'their centre in Setapak'. yeah, it's a one way journey. how i wish i can help u, but my no. has escalated to (oops, better not mention here). recently, i've taken in 3 families and many individuals. one is pregnant. i'm also fostering 2 kittens for Ashley, so my place is overflowing. puppies, too. i'm also having many urinary cases because of food, so it's a case of 'the spirit is willing, but the 'space and energy' is weak'. i'm putting up their pics for adoption soon.

One suggestion for u. Why don't u open a pet shop? Then those cats become ur boarding cats. That was one of the reasons we opened a pet shop. Just get a shop lot and start with boarding services first. those feral cats, do they have 'anak'? we always use the 'anak' to trap the mother.

another suggestion for u. why don't u approach Sabrina of FFF? she may be able to help. try it. for sure, it won't be 'they go in and never come out'. try her.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:43 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

june,
how about we try to trap your feral cats the same way you suggested to me last time to trap daisy mama cat, mr fluffers, cocochino, and socks? i'm not sure if you remember how you helped me.. the thread's in this forum somewhere.. i'll look for it. we can try to trap them, then all foster one each and contribute the time and commitment to "de-feralize" each cat on a case to case basis..

=) lynette
Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 AM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Oh My God I really pity you June. Your neighbours are realy ##@@@$$%. Bak orang melayu kata.... tak boleh tengok orang senang Benci ar!!!! Mmmm best solution for you try to catch some of the cats and than pindah kat to BTS. At least at my place no one complains at all. Then the cats will have new homes as there are many of us at my block who feeds the stray cats there. If you see, my stray cats there semua semua gemuk belaka because they are very well fed by the residents. At this moment its the best solution that I can think of.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 06-04-2009, 09:34 AM
PetFinder Guru

nik_tropicana is on a distinguished road

aduuuiii..
berat gak kes neh kak june..
sampai PBT da datang bagi warning...apsal lak dier kata akak breed kucen..akak tunjukkn ckit bekas parut kembiri kat dieorg...kerek btol..rsanya mungkin ade jiran akak yg x puas hati ngan kak june..tu yg dier report..
Old 06-04-2009, 09:47 AM
PetFinder Guru

fia86 is on a distinguished road

sian yer kak june.. sabar je la kak june. jiran kak june anti kucing ke??? sampai report kat dbkl plak tu...
Old 06-04-2009, 09:52 AM
PetFinder Buddy

azris is on a distinguished road

Salam sis,

Sorry to hear about your plight, my heart goes out to the stray cats you are feeding too. your neighbours are cruel i would say. Any suspect in mind? maybe you should put them up for adoption or just what like felix suggested earlier in her post, send them to bts.....keep us updated...

May the cats spell a curse on your neigbours.....
Old 06-04-2009, 10:27 AM
PetFinder Guru

noor22710 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to noor22710

Kenapala ada manusia yg dengki tu ek???stray cats tu poo poo kat dlm rumah diaorg ke??? kejam sungguh...apa salah kucen2 tu...diaorg pun ada hak juga di muka bumi ini...cewah...emo plak...

marah betul dgn org yg takde perasaan belas kasihan kat tucen2 nih...
Old 06-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Animal Lover

Thank you guys for your encouraging words.I really appreciate it. Some friends and forumer call & PM me offer temporary solution. I think I agree on that temporary solution.

There were 3 DBKL guys,one is their superior (he looks and act superior with his sombong look).The other is the macai.Their macai were ok and quite considerate. They explained to us in details on the procedure etc. I took his HP number. My husband will go and see him after we receive their offical letter. Hopefully we can come up with win win situation.

Friends, I know the culprits who made the complaint. My next door neigbhour. They moved in after Chinese New Year. Our nightmare started after they moved in. Last nite,when DBKL came,he was outside pass by our unit to throw rubbish. He pretending not listening anything but I know he was happy
Old 06-04-2009, 11:45 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Elaine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you guys for your encouraging words.I really appreciate it. Some friends and forumer call & PM me offer temporary solution. I think I agree on that temporary solution.

There were 3 DBKL guys,one is their superior (he looks and act superior with his sombong look).The other is the macai.Their macai were ok and quite considerate. They explained to us in details on the procedure etc. I took his HP number. My husband will go and see him after we receive their offical letter. Hopefully we can come up with win win situation.

Friends, I know the culprits who made the complaint. My next door neigbhour. They moved in after Chinese New Year. Our nightmare started after they moved in. Last nite,when DBKL came,he was outside pass by our unit to throw rubbish. He pretending not listening anything but I know he was happy
Hi June,
Very sad to hear about this . Hope you will find a best solution to help those cats. June, sorry I can't help those cats as I am also very worry everyday that I might be having the same fate like yours now. Curse the culprits who made the complaint. Like you said why they are so cruel and inhuman ????? Animals also like human, isn't it? Curse them.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:57 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Quote:

Need to have a good relationship with neigbhour, do you think why they do complain to you first? you not think isn't too noise until they do report? or something wrong your relationship to public?

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Animal Lover

I don't have problem with my other neighbour. Only this particular neighbour. He and his wife think that they are the Superior Human Being when they are most low class people I ever met. I'm not that stupid to make noise and all. I'm a considerate person. I don't think I have irks my neighbours like most of them did. The let their dog poo/pee every where. Bark till wee hours. Yet, I didn't say anything. The dog owner even hate each other because they think the other neighbour dog a nuisance when them as pet owner are the stupid one

For your info, I have good relationship with some of my neigbour. I take care of their apartment during festive season when they have to balik kampung. But as usual some neighbours are sombong and you can't reason with them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Need to have a good relationship with neigbhour, do you think why they do complain to you first? you not think isn't too noise until they do report? or something wrong your relationship to public?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:27 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

june!!
cage or carrier with string attached to door!! remember? it worked for me!!! we can catch your ferals that way. what do you think? want to try?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:31 PM
-

simple is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Even if you & neighbor friendly, not necessary they won't complaint.
My ex-neighbor is an example. You can call it hypocrite, but some ppl thought they were being polite. They won't tell u that they disagree with yr actions (in my case, i "was adopted" by a heavily pregnant stray cat, and she got 3 kits after). The cats were in my apt full time and if outside, only stayed within the "cage" i.e. grill surrounding the front door, but the fact is - in our place, u can't hv pets in the apt. I found out later from another neighbor that they baited my cats and sent them somewhere. Only the mother cat found her way back the next day.
I (politely) asked the auntie abt it, and she coolly said - the cats make this place dirty! I asked her - dirty, where ? (.. the rest is history --- but i know where she lives now ... ).
So, you see, you don't hv to make enemies enough for ppl to hate cats. The cats' presence itself turn some ppl off.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

hi can we construct something larger to get more cats?

do you remember pakcu posted a thread on cat trap? he was trying to get some stray cats near his place..i don't remember the title of that thread

but if we can get something like that - it'd make the job easier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
june!!
cage or carrier with string attached to door!! remember? it worked for me!!! we can catch your ferals that way. what do you think? want to try?