Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 11-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Im so upset today!

Just now, kwn Pakcu call. She ask me, kalau kucing tu menggelupur, lepas tu berbuih mulut dia n lepas tu mati sebab apa? Pakcu pun tak tau sangat, tapi rasanya kalau so sudden mcm tu probably kena racun. What makes me so upset, kenapala ada org kejam sampai mcm tu sekali, Pakcu kesian kat tuan dia, budak kecik lagi, menangis tak henti2. And one more thing upset me, if we being more responsible to our cats, not allowing our cats roaming outside without our supervision, the above will not be happening. What makes me more upset, some of them kata sayang kucing, but they allow cats roaming outside without thinking of cats safety, traffic safety, disease safety, fighting safety... hmm, entahla..
Old 11-12-2008, 05:32 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Im so upset today!

Pakcu,
Oh man! it real bad for the cat.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Hi Pakcu

i'm sorry to hear about the poor cat's demise. yes, it is cruel of the perpetrator to cause the cat's death and suffering (assuming the cat makan racun dek orang lain bubuh). or it could be due to consuming grasses that had been sprayed with pesticide either by the owner or the council services people.

and i do agree with your viewpoint and feelings on how many many tragedies, accidents, illnesses, could have been avoided if the owners take the trouble to keep their cats indoor and also at the same time, ensure that their indoor environment is safe for the cats.

the needless suffering and death like this could have been avoided.

sad. not only because the cat die but because the owner pun ignorant

but you see, sometimes incidents like this either causes us to lose hope in ever inculcating awareness in pet owners about responsible pet ownership or make us more resolute in helping to inculcate awareness on responsible pet ownership and what it entails.

salam pakcu.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi Pakcu

i'm sorry to hear about the poor cat's demise. yes, it is cruel of the perpetrator to cause the cat's death and suffering (assuming the cat makan racun dek orang lain bubuh). or it could be due to consuming grasses that had been sprayed with pesticide either by the owner or the council services people.

and i do agree with your viewpoint and feelings on how many many tragedies, accidents, illnesses, could have been avoided if the owners take the trouble to keep their cats indoor and also at the same time, ensure that their indoor environment is safe for the cats.

the needless suffering and death like this could have been avoided.

sad. not only because the cat die but because the owner pun ignorant

but you see, sometimes incidents like this either causes us to lose hope in ever inculcating awareness in pet owners about responsible pet ownership or make us more resolute in helping to inculcate awareness on responsible pet ownership and what it entails.

salam pakcu.

Yup Ashley.. Actually im more upset towards the owner. Some of them are only interested when cats are in their prime, young n playful, but tends to ignore them when cats getting older, dirtier, naughtier. They dont realise that having cats is a commitment for life... hmm still upset.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Th onwer are solely to be blame!! skrg ni ramai yg kata sayang kucing tp kucing pun tgk tak terurus.dahlah kucing dok beranak mcm factory,berkutu,mkn bercatu,biarkan kucing roaming around smp mati kena racun/langgar/gigit anjing.why bother to keep pets when they can bother to be fully responsible with the cat's welfare.That is no cat lover to me but cat fancy.tgk org ada kucing,durang pun teringin tp tak tau tanggunjawab.agak2 esok klu ada anak,anak pun dibiarkan mcm tu.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Banned

June, Pakcu

upset, i'm also upset to read this, and june, i agree with you.

pakcu, for now, sabar aje leh..

we cool down and we regroup our resources, to focus our effort where it will truly make a difference.

well, hopefully with true animal lovers like both of you, working to get the message across to friends, relatives, we can all make a difference - the difference that matters is the difference for the cat concerned.

i have confidence in june and pakcu..
Old 11-12-2008, 06:29 PM
PetFinder Guru

nik_tropicana is on a distinguished road

kat ofis saya nie memang saya slalu online petfinder..n kadang2 member2 yang lain pun tgk skali...tapi yg paling sakit hati bila ade suara2 sumbang (beza umo 5-6 taun jer) tapi pemikiran cam &#@%*!..ade ke patut die kata "nik, ko 'mainkn' kucen ko ngan kucen lain..dapat anak ko bagi kat aku or jual, kita bleh wat bisness"..pastu saya cakap la yang kucen saya kecik lagi, bru 2 bulan 1/2 umo dier..n saya bela sekadar hobi blom ready nak biakkn..then dier balas blik yang saya nie fikiran cam budak2..xde fikir ntuk keuntungan..pastu siap bleh ungkit psl BELL hilang dlu..sentul nie ade port baiki motorsikal n majoritinya mat rempit yang datang..n dier cakap time BELL hilang dlu BELL g melacur kat situ..dier siap cakap kucen rempit n kucen kurap datang rebut2 nak 'belasah' BELL..eiiii..geram btol..time tu da sampai tahap angin 1 badan..da amik external hard disk nak baling tapi usb cabel tak cabut plak dari cpu..kira nasib baik la muka dier x pecah..skrg nie pun dier ade ckp lagi tapi dier ckp blkg2..

sori pakcu..tergeram suda..pelik dengan perangai mangkuk2 yang ade kat ofis nie..
Old 11-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Nik,org2 yg cakap tu mentalnya sakit.klu durang blh mengeluarkan kata2 yg show how shallow their mind mmg sakit mental.kucing tidak ada istilah dirogol atau melacur.kucing bukan manusia,durang dah sama tarafkan pemikiran durang mcm binatang.maybe worst than animal. klu lain kali durang cakap mcm tu,ko tanya balik: korang suka tak klu mak,adik,kakak,makcik (ahli keluarga perempuan durang) dibuat mcm tu?? klu tak suka,jgn buat kat org lain.karma hidup,what goes around comes around

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_tropicana View Post
kat ofis saya nie memang saya slalu online petfinder..n kadang2 member2 yang lain pun tgk skali...tapi yg paling sakit hati bila ade suara2 sumbang (beza umo 5-6 taun jer) tapi pemikiran cam &#@%*!..ade ke patut die kata "nik, ko 'mainkn' kucen ko ngan kucen lain..dapat anak ko bagi kat aku or jual, kita bleh wat bisness"..pastu saya cakap la yang kucen saya kecik lagi, bru 2 bulan 1/2 umo dier..n saya bela sekadar hobi blom ready nak biakkn..then dier balas blik yang saya nie fikiran cam budak2..xde fikir ntuk keuntungan..pastu siap bleh ungkit psl BELL hilang dlu..sentul nie ade port baiki motorsikal n majoritinya mat rempit yang datang..n dier cakap time BELL hilang dlu BELL g melacur kat situ..dier siap cakap kucen rempit n kucen kurap datang rebut2 nak 'belasah' BELL..eiiii..geram btol..time tu da sampai tahap angin 1 badan..da amik external hard disk nak baling tapi usb cabel tak cabut plak dari cpu..kira nasib baik la muka dier x pecah..skrg nie pun dier ade ckp lagi tapi dier ckp blkg2..

sori pakcu..tergeram suda..pelik dengan perangai mangkuk2 yang ade kat ofis nie..
Old 11-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_tropicana View Post
Apa-apa pun, jangan la ada physical contact. Mcm June ckp, mentaliti ni kita bole tengok dr apa yg keluar dr mulut dia. Yg Pakcu nampak, mentaliti kucing kurap or kucing rempit tu lagi tinggi n mulia, dr mentaliti kwn2 ofis nik tu. Sebabnya, mentaliti kucing tu memang dah mcm tu, mentaliti org lak, kalau dah pikir mcm kucing, maka jatuhla mentaliti dia tu lg retarded dr kucing. Org mcm ni jgn lyn Nik, lg dilayan lg dia org menjadi, biar jer la dia org dgn kebodohan dan kedunguan mental masing-msing.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:30 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

nik.. jangan layan sangat diorang tuh.. sakit otak betol...!~ huh....
Old 11-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

wow if the cat is in that condition
either kena poison lo...................kesian kucing itu..

but it is very hard to confine a cat........
they alway want freedom....not like dogs......

so at times it is not cruel to let your cat roam around...they will come back if they know how to come back
Old 11-12-2008, 09:21 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Sometime is hard talk to uneducated person. Talk more going fighting. Bring them to jail. Only the way is raport to
PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS
Examples of cruelty to animals -
failure to supply sufficient food and water to confined animals;
failure to send injured, sick or wounded animals for treatment by a veterinary doctor in a government or private clinic;
cruelly beat an animal;
splash hot oil or water onto a cat that is searching for food;
bury or burn alive young chicks to cut costs during a glut in supply;
using cruel methods to slaughter or kill an animal for human consumption;
cock fighting or baiting.
An act of cruelty to animals is an offence under -
section 44(1), Animals Ordinance 1953.
Interpretation of “animal” means any living creature other than a human being and includes any beast, bird, fish, reptile or insect, whether wild or tame.
Officer empowered to act -
any veterinary authority appointed under section 3(3) of the Animals Ordinance 1953.
Action will be taken within the period of 48 hours upon receiving complaint (not inclusive of public holidays or weekends).
How to report or give information on incident of cruelty to animals -
send your complaint on incident of cruelty to animals to the Director of Enforcement in the Headquarters or the Chief of Enforcement Branch/Unit in the State/Federal Territory level by the following means-
present yourself at the respective office;
telephone;
e-mail; or
written letter

Department Of Veterinary Services,
Wisma Tani, Podium Block
Lot 4G1, Precinct 4
62630 Putrajaya
Tel : (603) 8870 2000
Fax : (603) 8888 6021

Pengarah-pengarah Jabatan
Alamat e-Mail Nama Pegawai Catitan
nordin@jph.gov.my Dato' Dr. Mohd Nordin bin Mohd Nor Ketua Pegarah
hawari@jph.gov.my Dato' Dr. Hawari bin Hussin Timbalan KP I
matta@jph.gov.my Dr. Matta Abd Rahman Timbalan KP II
azizm@jph.gov.my Dr. Abdul Aziz Mangkat Pgh. Epidemiologi
musjalil@jph.gov.my Dato' Dr. Mustaffa Jalil Pgh. Perancangan dan Pembangunan
suhaimi@jph.gov.my Dr. Ahmad Suhaimi Omar Pgh. Sumber Tenaga Manusia
azizj@jphvri.po.my Dr. Aziz Jamaluddin Pgh. Penyelidikan
vincent@jph.gov.my Dr. Vincent Ng In Hooi Pgh. Pemb. Industri
kamal@jph.gov.my Dr. M. Kamarulzaman M. Shariff Pgh. Kesihatan Awam Veterinar
radzuan@jph.gov.my En. Radzuan Pgh. Penguatkuasa
yong@jph.gov.my Pn. Yong Hawa bt Yim Pgh. Pentadbiran

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Hi Vivien,

It's not true that cats want their freedom and wish to roam around and that it is cruel to confine them.

Confining a cat, to me, means locking the cat up in a cage. Now, THAT is cruel. But if your cat has freedom to go anywhere in your home, sleep anywhere it likes, basically, has the same kind of freedom that you have in your own home, but does not go outdoors, that is freedom. It is not cruel to keep them indoors.

My Blackie is very happy indoors. It is hard to take him out for walks. The most he'll do is sit outside the gate for a while and then come back in.

And it's a lot safer. Who knows what type of crazy people our cats will meet if they roam around on their own, or get bitten by dogs or knocked down by cars. Not to mention the posion that pakcu's friend's cat got imbibed.

So, IMHO, it's definitely the cat owner's fault for letting the poor cat kena racun. Poor cat.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Banned

Hi Vivien,
Im sorry i had to agree with Charlene. Letting your cats roaming outside just like opening a world of uncertainties of what will happen to the cats. One thing for certain, it is beyond our control. Dont tell me you wont regret a bit, if your cats met with an accident with the passing traffic / get bitten by a dog / got infected with dreaded disease and later pass on to your homebound pets? I strongly believe responsible cat owners would'nt want to risk their beloved cats to the world of uncertainties outside. Keeping your cats indoor actualy prolong your cats lifespan and shows that you care.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgraldo View Post
Hi Vivien,
Im sorry i had to agree with Charlene. Letting your cats roaming outside just like opening a world of uncertainties of what will happen to the cats. One thing for certain, it is beyond our control. Dont tell me you wont regret a bit, if your cats met with an accident with the passing traffic / get bitten by a dog / got infected with dreaded disease and later pass on to your homebound pets? I strongly believe responsible cat owners would'nt want to risk their beloved cats to the world of uncertainties outside. Keeping your cats indoor actualy prolong your cats lifespan and shows that you care.
That's right. We would not want our babies or young kids to crawl outside of our home onto the streets on their own, right? Our cats have the mentality of young children, so it is our responsibility to protect them.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Banned

Hi all

i initially thought like vivian, that a cat was meant to be free and it's "cruel" not to let them enjoy their need to roam - however i changed my mind when i witnessed how nicky almost become road-kill - right in front of my eyes - and how i too was almost road kill too - all because i wanted to let nicky out for a walk. he followed me along the grass border until he saw something across the street and he crossed halfway and stopped. A 4WD that slowed down to avoid me (in the middle of the road trying to get nicky to cross the road to safety) almost swerved into nicky (cos he is so almost black that it was difficult to see in the dusky evening)and at the last minute in swerving to avoid nicky almost swerved into me again - and that 4WD was not going fast, at the most 25-20km/hr. needless to say, i almost died of fright, we crossed to safety and that driver cursed a blue streak.

at that moment - i realised that my thinking was wrong -misplaced and misguided good intention.

after that, if i have to choose between letting them run around and having them safe and sound - i'll choose safe and sound anytime and i did . pakcu and blackie and DMIB are correct in what they said. ensuring that your cat is safe at home and ensuring that your home is a safe environment for your cat, with all the required "stimuli", be it DIY or store-bought - is about being responsible owner - besides ensuring proper medical veterinary care for the cat as DMIB put it. proper nutrition through proper food will complete the foundation for a good healthy and safe life for your cat - the journey of a lasting and happy relationship with your cat.

a cat is equivalent to a little kid - like about 5 years old who will never grow up - therefore it is indeed a life-long commitment to care for a cat - it's like caring for a 5-year child that can run faster than you, jump higher and climb higher (will probably do it just to tease also) than you.

there the onus is on the cat owner to provide all that is required and necessary for the well-being of the cat .

i know it sounds like we're critizing you but we're offering a different opinion from another perspective. think about it. it's not hard.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:02 AM
PetFinder Guru

BellXun is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Im so upset today!

Hmmm for this topic I have mixed oppinion myself. Half of me think confiment is bad for the cat, half of me think its no cruel in the long run. I think both is ok. depending on your enviroment and the cat's intuition itself. There are many many stray cats around my neighbourhood, they seem to be doing fine, I see them day after day, year after year, I think to myself If i actually keep one at home, they would probelly be not happy about it. and by their health i know someones feeding them (maybe they eat my Guana's dog food when i am away, hehe). And since so long we never had a pet death in this neighbourhood, ever. I guess i live a neighbourhood full of dogs n cats owners. so drivers here are more careful than other places maybe.

But anyway, I think we should think for the cat. If he/she is a fighter and explorer type, then I dont think confining is good for it. If he/she is a manja type, accident prone type, then confiment is best. But having said that, once a cat confined too long will not survive outdoors; and outdoor stray cat will not be happily confined. It depends on the owner, what kind of cat we are raising/ that we want to raise?

Well I hope my opinion didnt offend anyone (I guess I did, maybe), but its just my opinion. Recap: I think both is good stray and domesticated, one live life with more challange, one lives longer.

Cheers

(Dont hate me~)
Old 11-13-2008, 12:49 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road

HI all just want to share something,
i'm very regretted to say that I actually ran over dogs and even cats b4. So actually i'm quite agree with Charlene, Pakcu and even Ashley. So sorry for them. Twice i have ran over dogs and once a cat. For real i'm not driving very fast because i'm in a housing area. But sometimes it's hard to control our vehicles when something suddenly dash out. Really. I have waste hundreds and hundreds Rm to save those animals i accidently ran over. The owner will only blame u and say i am the one who should be responsible for their pet's bill. I don't mind paying but don't they have to be responsible too? Please forgive me GOD. but luckily 2 of them r save but unluckly one died because he roams in a highway. I'm feel so bad bout it. So no matter it's a dog or a cat, please only let them out with you around if can. U can prevent them from being dognap or catnap, and even can prevent unnecessery accidents. Don't make mistakes like my sister and me. Her pet Whiskey died because being ran over by a car too (only able to be with my family for 3 months), and Bobby being dognapped because he's too cute ( only able to be with my family less than a week). Sad isn't it.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellXun View Post
Hmmm for this topic I have mixed oppinion myself. Half of me think confiment is bad for the cat, half of me think its no cruel in the long run. I think both is ok. depending on your enviroment and the cat's intuition itself. There are many many stray cats around my neighbourhood, they seem to be doing fine, I see them day after day, year after year, I think to myself If i actually keep one at home, they would probelly be not happy about it. and by their health i know someones feeding them (maybe they eat my Guana's dog food when i am away, hehe). And since so long we never had a pet death in this neighbourhood, ever. I guess i live a neighbourhood full of dogs n cats owners. so drivers here are more careful than other places maybe.

But anyway, I think we should think for the cat. If he/she is a fighter and explorer type, then I dont think confining is good for it. If he/she is a manja type, accident prone type, then confiment is best. But having said that, once a cat confined too long will not survive outdoors; and outdoor stray cat will not be happily confined. It depends on the owner, what kind of cat we are raising/ that we want to raise?

Well I hope my opinion didnt offend anyone (I guess I did, maybe), but its just my opinion. Recap: I think both is good stray and domesticated, one live life with more challange, one lives longer.

Cheers
(Dont hate me~)
Pakcu don’t hate you Bell Xun.. no worry. In reference to what you say, that is why we have terms like stray cats and domestic cats. If you are raising stray cats, means that u feed them outside of your home, let them roaming as they like and comfortably thinking that they are safe and sound outside. Strays will always be strays and they’re happily living like strays. But, cat’s nature, they are prone to traffic accident (cats are not like dogs, dogs know how to cross road, cats don’t have that sense and they panicked too easily), territorial fighting, mating fighting and lastly become a nuisance to us and killed by someone who cannot stand or by traffic accident or by dogs who got so territorial. So, that is stray. But, when u adopt a stray into your home, it become domestic cat. Domestic means that they are part of your family, living under the same roof, sharing space and sleep beside your pillow, perhaps using the same washroom for nature business, companion when u r lonely etc. So, by having a domestic cat which is part of your family, automatically u re committed to the wellbeing of your family members, be it in safety issues/ healthcare/character. Will you allow your domestic cat/family members which probably sharing bedroom or bathroom or living room, to come back in with dirty feet, had cuts all over her body, bring fleas/lice, bring contagious disease to human, n to the extend dying inside of your home?
So, this is what Pakcu so upset. Be responsible if we are raising domestic cats. Act like you are raising one of your family members because they are already part of yours when some space in your home is shared among all including your pet. What’s the use of having domestic cats if we raise them like strays? If that is the thought, then please-please don’t raise domestic cats, let them be strays and live like strays and die like strays. Pakcu cannot begin to imagine, our domestic cats, not being allowed into our home because she brought cuts, dirty, disease, lice etc.. and living, treated and let them dying like one, yet we’re telling the whole world we have cats and raising one? So sad…
Old 11-13-2008, 10:34 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

responsible pet guardians, keep their cats indoors and uncaged. a cat is like a child; would you allow a child to wander the streets alone and unsupervised?

my cats are all indoor and they are thriving. they never try to go outside. for socialization they have me and my boyfriend, and each other.