Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 05-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Animal Lover

eric84 is on a distinguished road
Default My Jack Russell still dunno how to poo at the right place...

Hi friends,

I have a very big problem. I've bought my Jaqjaq 6 months back and he's almost 7 months old now. He is indeed a very intelligent dog. He learnt most of my tricks and he seldom barks nowadays.

But i still have a big issue with his poo and pee. I've tried all possible ways. Getting potty pads, trays, open cage, outdoor. just think of all possible ways, i already tried all. Most of the times, he would pee and poo just outside of his poo tray or next to it. Poo is still acceptable but the pee will flow to his area and he eventually will step on it. I've even give him a bad smack but he just dun seem to listen. There are like 1 out of 10 times that he'll do it right but then, he'll do it on the floor again after.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Animal Lover

ginafindadog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Jack Russell still dunno how to poo at the right place...

Sounds like if you tried all that in 6months, he might be very confused. You want to be clear and consistant about what and where you want him to go. If he still isn't getting it, there is lots of training aids to help "attract" your dog to go where you want. That might be worth looking into if he is still giving you troubles, but I would give him up to a month of VERY consistant training. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:42 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Jack Russell very intelligent dog! I think Every dog also intelligent too. The poo and pee training need start when it young or puppy moment. You need study again why and how to do. get some book or DVD, it is about dog behaviors.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Animal Lover

it has been more than 6 months now and i still have problems with this.. can anyone help???
Old 12-20-2010, 08:02 AM
PetFinder Guru

Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve
Red face Re: My Jack Russell still dunno how to poo at the right place...

Hi,
Maybe I can help..same like our Spitz, by the way, is he neutered?

May i know what cleaner did you use surround ur floor area and can u give me a pic of his poo area so I can see the problem in full view and is it the same spot where he poo/pee, did u try the potty training ex:Johnson's Puppy Trainer, spray it in his potty pad? or his potty is not in busy area, this is important also during his training n' did you also try 'clicker' instead you shout/raise ur voice or when really your head exploded/sick n' gettin' tired of cleaning up his mess, it will save u time as well ...poor puppy n u as well Eric84... it can be very frustrating but believe me even you whip him, he will still pee n' step on his pee.

Sorry for my questions, I did not get the full description 'coz a puppy is diff. so the approach is diff.
We faced problem when my mom started to adopt/pick-up stray dogs/puppies and most of them are not potty trained..it's chaos, especially 2 months male pup while I'm the one ending up to clean the horrible poo/pee. She always told me, I must not spread it and do not use a rag or mop. The scent of male pup/dog will still be there but we can't smell it. It is like a territory thing.
My mom always just put newspaper or tissue on top of the pee and put it in his pan. She did not throw it. Sometimes, she squeezed inside their pan or scrape some poo. It worked in pee/poo. But I rather use sponge, it's quicker. Please don't rub while you are cleaning, you will spread the scent only - just let it absorb and squeezed it in his pan.

The area where he make mistakes, (pls. don't use clear vinegar)pour white pure vinegar on it after you clean with water then let the vinegar to dry - acid will kill the bacteria naturally.
Use sponge to absorb the pee and do'nt spread it during cleaning.

It is their nature to scent marking. If he pee on his paw, please clean it ASAP and wash it with vinegar, if it is too acidic dilute it with water. He might step in all your floors so the scent will be all over you home and he will pee everywhere. We can't smell it anymore but they can, please don't put bleach like Chlorox, it has a strong amonia that dogs have in their pee. He probably thinks that another dog that pee on his territory so he will pee on top of it,again, on the same spot where you clean so never use bleach to a dog after he pees.

If the cats scratch to mark their territory so is the dog but they rather pee on it because it smells. ^_^ sharing an old joke... hehehe

Good day to you.

Best Regards,
Eve

Last edited by Marcelleve; 12-20-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Animal Lover

thanks eve!! i'll to see if it works!!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:24 AM
PetFinder Guru

Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve

Hi Eric,
You are welcome.

Just let me know the latest update.

If your problem still persist, kindly consult for more professional approach :http://www.caninescience.net/services

Best Regards,
Eve
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84 View Post
thanks eve!! i'll to see if it works!!

Last edited by Marcelleve; 12-21-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:17 AM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't recommend that services though, Eve, and I will only recommend a trainer if I have personally worked with them and they must be a certified trainer. You can check this article out if it helps or not. http://www.dogsworld.net/download/PottyTrainingTips.pdf
For certified trainers you can contact either Cheng See or Rubini for help.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:30 AM
PetFinder Guru

Hi Acsyen,
Thank you for the info.

Canine science are pro trainers and they are good to train dogs basic level until advance level.
Although terriers are intelligent but they tend to be stubborn when their instinct kicks in. Terriers are naturally hunting foxes n rabbit they always mark their territory esp. their hunting area with pee to be able to track back after hunting that's why they are in sporting dogs category, right?
Anyone who owns this breed must be a strong willed person because they can be a handful for a small dog and can take over your home especially if this breed has mood that he knows what you want him to do but he is not willing to do it.

I had been to one of their seminars to accompany a friend, is there any thing that I am not aware of with this academy?
What is the contact details/info. of Cheng See or Rubini? It would be a help in the future.

The potty train PDF is very informative anyway.

Please do share your knowledge.

Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsyen View Post
I wouldn't recommend that services though, Eve, and I will only recommend a trainer if I have personally worked with them and they must be a certified trainer. You can check this article out if it helps or not. http://www.dogsworld.net/download/PottyTrainingTips.pdf
For certified trainers you can contact either Cheng See or Rubini for help.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:38 PM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

Cheng See - 012-2584315
Rubini - 012-2207457

These are the 2 certified trainers I know that are in KL/PJ. I believe I have said enough in other threads to warn others of bogus trainers and uncertified trainers. Fortunately for me I somehow got to know to many trainers around and most of them are just plain lousy. Seminars and talks are just talks... Too hard and long to explain how I evaluate a good trainer, end of the day the choice is still up to the individual on who to choose to seek help in training their dogs.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:01 PM
PetFinder Guru

adrianng87 is on a distinguished road

To avoid such unnecessary cheats from bogus cases, the best way to train your dog is to train it by your own. After all, that's your own dog, there's more affection building in the process of trainings.

Get lots of advice from people who own dogs, people who have experience for long time dealing with dogs, especially people who are passionate with dogs, they might give you some inspirations and guidelines to train them.

You can save some cash too.