Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 05-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Animal Lover

rayching is on a distinguished road
Default Beware of this suspicious and awful person in adopting pets!!

becareful when u adopt pets...
this the story she email to me ....

Thanks for your mail regarding my puppy .... she is still available for anyone willing to supply it with enough care and love, where they are really spoiled with her need ..... she is 11 weeks old and has a very good temperament with kids and other pets, very playful love to play with toys and kids, they are guaranteed health tested AKC ..... she is aware of all its shots and will come along side of her papers and vet records. a very intelligent and very social puppy ...... her name is Candy and I am actually giving her because she was my daughter (Jenner) but with a heavy heart I lost Jenner and she was everything I have, I work with a global, comprehensive health care paid care company discovering new drugs in Singapore ....., new technologies and new ways to manage health.Jenner died in an accident last 2 weeks on her way home from her piano lessons and I am very bad memories when I played this puppy around me See, for she was always with her because I'm always busy laboratory.i really need to give her to someone who can really care and love her just the way Jenner used. Candy is very lonely since Jenner deceased so the best I decided as my colleague advised me was to take her to a loving home. I really rely on you if you are there for this puppy .. I am based in Singapore , please ... May I also ask a few

questions?
Where are you located?
Are you a breeder?
Do you have children?
Can you also promise that you will take good care of her?

How soon are you ready to her house? And so it should provide, then back at me
thanks
god bless you

Thanks for the mail my dear
i am very happy that i have found someone who will take very good care of my puppy for me .i am located in Singapore so please tell me if you can come for pick up but is you can not make it over we can use a pet delivery agency to delivered the puppy to your home address that will cost you RM400 ok so if that is ok by you please just get back to me with your full delivery information's

YOUR FULL NAMES?
YOUR HOME ADDRESS?
YOUR CONTACT NUMBER?
YOUR POSTAL CODE?

With all this information's i go and drop the puppy at the delivery agency first thing tomorrow in the morning ok
Thanks waiting for your reply

thanks for the mail my dear i just want to let you know that first thing tomorrow in the morning i will go and drop her at the delivery agency ok please do take very good care of her for me send me pictures of her so i will know how she is doing in your home ok

after i thinking...then i search at the google web...she is pet scammer...
this link so many have been cheated...

http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/...ad.php?t=29301

lucky i have search from the web...
Old 05-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Beware of this suspicious and awful person in adopting pets!!

rayching,

Thank you for sharing this. Did you get to know this person through our petfinder.my main section? If so, could you tell us this person's user name, or provide a link to the ad that you saw and respond to?
Old 05-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Animal Lover

User name : eve sharon
email : evesharon41@yahoo.com
contact number : TEL: 571-527-1018 (office Line)
TEL: +23770775042( direct Line)
TEL:00123770775042(Manger)
TEL:+440703184911(Company line)
EMAIL :petshippingagency@hotmail.com)

Anyone know where this country?

they still email to me ...
i ask them give the pet delivery address but they dont...
ask me bank in to western union...
this the email they send ...

thanks for the mail my dear
i am very happy that you will take very good care of the puppy for me ok
i promise you that i will be coming time to time ok
so please as soon as the delivery agency contacted you
just go and make the payment
so they can delivered the puppy to your home address ok
Old 05-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Animal Lover

i also report this to the mudah.com also ...they aredi delete her thread...
i still saw many at there ...
becareful before you buying the puppy or any pets...
Old 05-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Rayching, the +237 country code is Cameroon.

There was an article in The Star recently about people who fell for this very same scam and banked thousands of ringgits into a Cameroon account before they realised they were being cheated. I'm glad you recognised this as a scam before you lost any of your money!

For what it's worth, my advice would be to buy no pet without seeing it. Pets have unique characters and personalities. When you order one from overseas without seeing it first, you run two risks: 1) being cheated by criminals like these, and 2) ending up with a pet that you don't really like.

There are 744 dogs up for adoption right here on Petfinder. Some are pedigreed, and others are not, but they all need good homes, and there is much to be said for mixed-breed dogs. Among other things, they tend to enjoy better health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayching View Post

Anyone know where this country?

Old 05-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Rayching,

Thanks for the information. There are certainly scammers that are trying to take advantage of our members, and we're trying our best to weed our such fraudsters, but it's not an easy task as they'll disguise as all sorts of people and profiles.

The key element they play on is people's greed. If the deal is too good to be true, then it's likely too good to be true, and you must take extra precaution. Also, never buy any pets that are from another country, or remit payments for any pet that you have not personally seen and interacted with.

Such scams exist not just for pet adoptions, but for virtually all imaginable community websites/services, Nigerian email scams or even phone calls that tell you you've won some lottery, all sharing the same modus operandi.

I believe the profile/pet in question has already been suspended earlier. If you come across any such pets in the future, please click on the Report Abuse link below the description section at the pet profile, so we can investigate into it and take immediate action.

Please cease all communications with the scammer, and if they continue to harass you, tell them you'll be reporting them to relevant authorities.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Human :-)

prinz38i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to prinz38i

Hi Friends,

I found another one advs in Mudah.my.. see links below :-

Today : http://www.mudah.my/American+Curl-6047724.htm
Yesterday : http://www.mudah.my/Maine+Coon-6043051.htm

same person, same pets pics, but different breed??... beware!..
Old 05-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Animal Lover

because my location at JB...then i suspend y they use plane to delivery...not so far i they send to jb...
so i go to check everything 1st...after check it saw too many complain...
Old 07-31-2010, 05:27 PM
PetFinder Guru

izwanbest is on a distinguished road

i was so surprise how people easily get scam by this lousy scammer.. take a look is it very obvious that this african trying to scam your money, they are everywhere even on FB... myspace.. beware guys
Old 07-31-2010, 08:09 PM
nyan nyan :3

rawr2buny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rawr2buny

Whoa, after I read thru your post, the content were the exact same 8D;
Actually I got this kind of message mailed to me few weeks ago when I am desperately looking for a kitten. Most of this kind of scammers can be found at OLX site. And recently I found one in mudah.my too.

The only difference was, in my case, the seller told me the cats were her daughter's but unfortunately, her daughter died in an accident when she came back from piano school recently. (this is the line that makes me all suspicious, i mean you dont usually go out and tell strangers all these kind of things eh?)

I tried asking 3 sellers, and all 3 of them mailed me emails just like what you've posted above but with different stories. huhu~ scaryyyy

I hope no one fell for their tricks /_\ But I do pity the sellers if their story were actually true tho ^^;

-edit-
ohh found the mail 8D;

Quote:
GOOD DAY DEAR FRIEND AND THANKS FOR THE MAIL AND FOR THE KIND INTEREST THAT YOU HAVE FOR THESE KITTENS.
THESE KITTENS HAVE THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS AS BELOW:
BREED................RAGDOLL KITTENS
AGE...................11 WEEKS OLD
SEX...................MALE AND FEMALE
HEALTH...........THEY ARE IN GOOD HEALTH CONDITION
THESE KITTENS LOVES TO PLAY WITH KIDS AND OTHER HOME PETS AND THEY ARE SO LOVELY.
THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE BEST COMPANION THAT YOU WILL EVER LOVE TO HAVE AND THEY ARE VACCINATED, VET CHECKED AND THEY ARE HOME TRAINED WITH ALL THEIR VET PAPERS READY.
DEAR FRIEND ALL I NEED RIGHT NOW IS A GOOD AND CARING HOME THAT CAN TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF THESE KITTENS SHOW THEM SOME LOVE AND CARE.

THE MAIN REASON WHY I AM GIVING OUT THESE KITTENS IS BECAUSE THE ONLY PERSON THAT WAS TAKING CARE OF THEM DIED TWO WEEKS AGO AND IS MY DAUGHTER.
SHE DIED IN A MOTOR ACCIDENT ON HER WAY BACK FROM A PIANO SCHOOL SO SINCE THAT TIME THERE HAVE BEEN NO BODY TO TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF THESE KITTENS.

SO I JUST RELOCATED TO THAILAND FOR A RESEARCH PROGRAM THERE SO I HAVE BEEN SO OCCUPIED AT MY RESEARCH PROGRAM THAT HAVE MADE ME TO HAVE LITTLE OR NO TIME TO LOOK AFTER THESE KITTENS.

SO PLEASE ALL I WANT FROM YOU THAT TO PROMISE ME THAT YOU WILL TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF THESE KITTENS AND ALSO REMEMBER TO SEND ME PICTURES OF THESE KITTENS AS SOON AS YOU HAVE THEM.

SO SINCE DISTANCE HAVE MADE US APART I HAVE JUST MADE SOME INQUIRIES AT THE PETS DELIVERY AGENCY FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE KITTENS AND THEY SAID TO DELIVER THE KITTEN WILL COST YOU 400MYR WITH FEEDING INCLUSIVE.

SO ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO GET BACK TO ME WITH ALL YOUR FULL ADDRESS SO THAT I CAN TAKE THE KITTENS TO THE AGENCY FOR DELIVERY REGISTRATION.
AS SOON AS THE KITTENS ARE REGISTERED THE AGENCY WILL GET IN CONTACT WITH YOU AND THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW THE ARRIVAL TIME OF THE KITTENS AT YOUR HOME AND THEY WILL ALSO LET YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE THE PAYMENT FOR THE TRANSPORTATION COST OF THESE KITTENS.

YOUR ADDRESS SHOULD BE AS BELOW:
YOUR FULL NAMES
YOUR HOME ADDRESS
YOUR CITY
YOUR POST CODE
YOUR MOBILE CONTACT NUMBER
YOUR NEAREST AIRPORT

AS SOON AS I HAVE ALL YOUR FULL ADDRESS I WILL PUT THE KITTENS IN THEIR CRATE AND I WILL TAKE THEM TO THE DELIVERY AGENCY FOR DELIVERY REGISTRATION.
I SHALL BE GLAD TO READ BACK FROM YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
THANKS
Old 08-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Animal Lover

yatielai is on a distinguished road

Hai All,

I also have been receiving e-mail form the scammer... Their story are the same lorrr..

Here is the e-mail....

GOOD DAY DEAR FRIEND AND THANKS FOR THE MAIL AND FOR THE KIND INTEREST THAT YOU HAVE FOR THESE KITTENS.
THESE KITTENS HAVE THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS AS BELOW:
BREED................BRITISH SHIRT HAIR KITTENS
AGE...................10 WEEKS OLD
SEX...................MALE AND FEMALE
HEALTH...........THEY ARE IN GOOD HEALTH CONDITION
THESE KITTENS LOVES TO PLAY WITH KIDS AND OTHER HOME PETS AND THEY ARE SO LOVELY.
THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE BEST COMPANION THAT YOU WILL EVER LOVE TO HAVE AND THEY ARE VACCINATED, VET CHECKED AND THEY ARE HOME TRAINED WITH ALL THEIR VET PAPERS READY.
DEAR FRIEND ALL I NEED RIGHT NOW IS A GOOD AND CARING HOME THAT CAN TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF THESE KITTENS SHOW THEM SOME LOVE AND CARE.

THE MAIN REASON WHY I AM GIVING OUT THESE KITTENS IS BECAUSE THE ONLY PERSON THAT WAS TAKING CARE OF THEM DIED TWO WEEKS AGO AND IS MY DAUGHTER.
SHE DIED IN A MOTOR ACCIDENT ON HER WAY BACK FROM A PIANO SCHOOL SO SINCE THAT TIME THERE HAVE BEEN NO BODY TO TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF THESE KITTENS.

SO I JUST RELOCATED TO THAILAND FOR A RESEARCH PROGRAM THERE SO I HAVE BEEN SO OCCUPIED AT MY RESEARCH PROGRAM THAT HAVE MADE ME TO HAVE LITTLE OR NO TIME TO LOOK AFTER THESE KITTENS.

SO PLEASE ALL I WANT FROM YOU THAT TO PROMISE ME THAT YOU WILL TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF THESE KITTENS AND ALSO REMEMBER TO SEND ME PICTURES OF THESE KITTENS AS SOON AS YOU HAVE THEM.

SO SINCE DISTANCE HAVE MADE US APART I HAVE JUST MADE SOME INQUIRIES AT THE PETS DELIVERY AGENCY FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE KITTENS AND THEY SAID TO DELIVER THE KITTEN WILL COST YOU 400MYR WITH FEEDING INCLUSIVE.

SO ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO GET BACK TO ME WITH ALL YOUR FULL ADDRESS SO THAT I CAN TAKE THE KITTENS TO THE AGENCY FOR DELIVERY REGISTRATION.
AS SOON AS THE KITTENS ARE REGISTERED THE AGENCY WILL GET IN CONTACT WITH YOU AND THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW THE ARRIVAL TIME OF THE KITTENS AT YOUR HOME AND THEY WILL ALSO LET YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE THE PAYMENT FOR THE TRANSPORTATION COST OF THESE KITTENS.

YOUR ADDRESS SHOULD BE AS BELOW:
YOUR FULL NAMES
YOUR HOME ADDRESS
YOUR CITY
YOUR POST CODE
YOUR MOBILE CONTACT NUMBER
YOUR NEAREST AIRPORT

AS SOON AS I HAVE ALL YOUR FULL ADDRESS I WILL PUT THE KITTENS IN THEIR CRATE AND I WILL TAKE THEM TO THE DELIVERY AGENCY FOR DELIVERY REGISTRATION.
I SHALL BE GLAD TO READ BACK FROM YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
THANKS
Nicoline

and below is the other one but came from different person.....

Hi,
Thanks for your mail regarding my kitten and sorry for the late reply....she is still available to anyone prepared to provide her with enough care and love,where she will be well spoil with all her needs.....she is 8 weeks old and have very good temperament with kids and other pets,very playful love to play around with toys and kids,she is health guaranteed and DNA tested,CFA registered.....she is up to date on all her shots and will be coming along side her health papers and vet records. a very intelligent and highly social cat......she is called Kelly and her nick name is Puxi given by ,my daughter and i am actually giving her out because she belonged to my daughter(Jenner) but with a heavy heart i lost Jenner and she was all i got ,i am located now in Thailand.i will like you to come and pick the cat asap but if the distance is far then i suggest we arrange for a home delivery which the cat will be delivered directly to your home door.Jenner died in an accident last month on her way back from her piano classes before i got my new job in Thailand and i have very bad memories when i see this kitten around me,because she was always together with her since i am always busy with work am a teacher.i really need to give her to someone who can really care and love her just the way Jenner used to she has been very lonely since Jenner passed away so the best thing i decided on as my colleague advised to me was to send her to a loving home .i really count on you if you can be there for this cat.Please may i also ask you a few questions?
Are you a breeder?
Do you have kids?
Can you also promise that you will take good care of her?
How soon are you ready to have her home?
and if needs to be deliver, then get back to me with your:
Full Names.......................................
City.............................................. ....
Postal Code......................................
Home Address.................................
contact number.................................
NB:The fee for the delivery is MYR 350 which you will have to pay directly to the delivery agency.
At least with this information's,i will get to know better where she will be going to........i just hope you will love her.....I will also like you to promise me that you will always send her pictures to me monthly so that i can see how she is doing in your home......i will be waiting for your mail asap.
Thanks.

SO BEWARE FOR ALL THIS SCAM.......