Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Something Is Cooking In This Forum

Charlene,mine stated exactly the one I highlighted.It seems that I become not popular suddenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
the rep power represents the points you can add to a member's good reputation, or deduct from a member's reputation.

It seems that it's a combination of the number of posts you have made, and the quality of posts that you made (an algorithim thingy) that determines how much rep power you have.

so, the more quality posts you make, the more points you earn in your account. the more shitty or negative comments you make, the less points you get, or maybe even have points deducted from your account. this is what i understand, but i may be wrong.

so, in your case, you have the power to add or deduct 2 points from someone's reputation.

to see someone's reputation, mouse over the green bar. a member starts from being on a distinguished road.....for example, "veanne is on a distinguished road". this is good.

if a user has a not so good reputation, when you mouse over the green bar, it says "xyz is an unknown quantity at this point".
the highest, i think (based on what i see in other forums, youtube accounts, and other file-sharing networks) is "xyz is a jewel on the rough". this is the highest i saw in a member's youtube account, with a rep power of 343.

hope this clarifies.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:22 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something Is Cooking In This Forum

Happy Birthday PETFINDER!! hehe.. Both Andy and I announced it at the vampire club, lol!

OH, I was messing with the reputation a couple days back... i changed the levels to make it easier... ie, if you got a certain points, you're bumped up a level easier.. so, i guess a few ppl got bumped up or down when the reputation became easier...

I am still messing with it... I set it back for now.. but strange things will continue to happen as I play with the levels... you can set what points means what levels...... hehe..

Please use the reputation properly... Don't simply give negatives to people you don't like.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Something Is Cooking In This Forum

Notty notty Ezer Charlene,let's spank Superman's bum bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
Happy Birthday PETFINDER!! hehe.. Both Andy and I announced it at the vampire club, lol!

OH, I was messing with the reputation a couple days back... i changed the levels to make it easier... ie, if you got a certain points, you're bumped up a level easier.. so, i guess a few ppl got bumped up or down when the reputation became easier...

I am still messing with it... I set it back for now.. but strange things will continue to happen as I play with the levels... you can set what points means what levels...... hehe..

Please use the reputation properly... Don't simply give negatives to people you don't like.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:38 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Lol, June.. you're always looking at my bum!! I guess perhaps because it's made of steele?

Hehe..

The default reputation right now, is a bit hard to reach even 2 bars.. i may change it again later.. once i see how it goes.. Too easy may not be good but too hard may not be good either..
Old 04-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Make the power points higher, ezer! Yours is only 10...!!!! The highest user rep power I saw in youtube (or is it metacafe??? I am confused, hehe) is 343!!!!!

But I think it is human nature to let emotions rule if this kind of rep power is in people's hands --- so maybe the posts and the corresponding comments must match - meaning, it should be previewed by you or andy before it takes effect. if the post is not a personal attack or bullying in nature, and someone chose to use their rep power to deduct the person's points, then that disapproval comment would not take effect.

for example, in clement's dimb petfinder award thread, in my reply to june's post, http://forums.petfinder.my/showpost....&postcount=125 someone disapproved of that, and gave the reason as "childish". If that is childish, then what do you call other posts that are more childish than that? idiotic??

so, in my humble opinion, i think all such actions should be subject to yours or andy's preview first. but all positive comments should not need to be pre-screened, I think, to save you guys the extra trouble.

Quote:
Lol, June.. you're always looking at my bum!! I guess perhaps because it's made of steele?

Hehe..

The default reputation right now, is a bit hard to reach even 2 bars.. i may change it again later.. once i see how it goes.. Too easy may not be good but too hard may not be good either..
Old 04-19-2009, 11:59 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Double-O, you brought up a good point.. sometimes, some people may simply vote negative because they dont' like a person. But in time to come, ppl will notice and they'll not be able to get away with it..

Also, Andy and I are always checking thru stuff.. so, if someone abuses PetFinder too much, action will be taken...

Last edited by Ezer; 04-20-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:07 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Ezer,
Do you read every vote with the comments? If the comments is true? how come may simply vote negative? and also the person simple vote, how do you control it?

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:10 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Ezer,
Do you read every vote with the comments? If the comments is true? how come may simply vote negative? and also the person simple vote, how do you control it?
DIMB, Andy and I are both very busy ppl with a full time job.. hehe.. so, no we don't read every post or comments.. but we do look from time to time... we can reverse a comment if need be...
Old 04-20-2009, 12:16 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

yea, i almost forget, hahahh, the reputation is look like review or comments for the thread. I will help you look too.
Quote:
DIMB, Andy and I are both very busy ppl with a full time job.. hehe.. so, no we don't read every post or comments.. but we do look from time to time... we can reverse a comment if need be...

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:52 PM
PetFinder Guru

veanne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to veanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
the rep power represents the points you can add to a member's good reputation, or deduct from a member's reputation.

It seems that it's a combination of the number of posts you have made, and the quality of posts that you made (an algorithim thingy) that determines how much rep power you have.

so, the more quality posts you make, the more points you earn in your account. the more shitty or negative comments you make, the less points you get, or maybe even have points deducted from your account. this is what i understand, but i may be wrong.

so, in your case, you have the power to add or deduct 2 points from someone's reputation.

to see someone's reputation, mouse over the green bar. a member starts from being on a distinguished road.....for example, "veanne is on a distinguished road". this is good.

if a user has a not so good reputation, when you mouse over the green bar, it says "xyz is an unknown quantity at this point".

the highest, i think (based on what i see in other forums, youtube accounts, and other file-sharing networks) is "xyz is a jewel on the rough". this is the highest i saw in a member's youtube account, with a rep power of 343.

hope this clarifies.
i see.. 100% understand... hehe.. thanks for explaining