Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 05-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Animal Lover

joannexteoh is on a distinguished road
Angry Flea bites all over my feet :(

I dont have these problems before this, I have 2 adult cats for over a year. Just a week ago, the female cat gave birth to 3 kittens and I have been combing the fleas from the kittens and I guess that's how I got all the bites.

I put ointment and it only helps to stop the itch on the flea bites. Does anyone has this experience before? I don't wanna leave scars on my feet pls help me :(
Old 05-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Animal Lover

joannexteoh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flea bites all over my feet :(

Does anyone has experience on this?? Please help me
Old 07-03-2013, 12:45 PM
PetFinder Guru

Meffy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flea bites all over my feet :(

Hi

Very sorry for this late reply. I hope your situation is better now. Don't worry about the bites too much. If you don't scratch them, they will heal without scars. There will be a dark mark but it will go away after a few months.

I've experienced the same problem in 2011 when I first took my cat home. She was a stray kitten and full..I mean...REALLY FULL of FLEAS! I didn't know how to care for a kitten at that time as I thought I only need to feed it. So I gave it a bath and plucked out as many fleas as I can only find flea bites all over myself.

I took my kitten to a vet and the vet put Frontline on her. It didn't stop there as my whole house has been infested! It was a nightmare. I have over 60 bites all over my legs, arms and body. Every morning I'll wake up with more.

If you haven't done this, quickly get the cats to the vet for flea control meds. This should be repeated for at least 3 months or until the flea life cycle is completed ended. Then you have to do a thorough cleaning of your house. Vacuum your floors (even tiles), carpets, furniture, curtain and just about everywhere that your cats have been. If your cats have been in your room, wash all your sheets, floors mats...even clothes. Mop your floors daily with clorox or dettol. Use insect spray everyday along the corners and dark places.

I know it sounds really over the top but you MUST do this to get rid of all fleas. The medication on your cats will kill all fleas and eggs on them within 24hrs. What we're worried is the fleas that have jumped off the cats onto your furniture or carpets. That's where you're getting the bites.

Good luck. Let me know if you need further help.