Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 12-24-2011, 05:14 PM
PetFinder Buddy

ezat is on a distinguished road
Smile nak kawin kan so apa hasil nya?

hai all...

i want to ask all otai2 about mating result
i have one flat face and long hair Persian. so if i kawinkan both of it what will be their kitten?
if my long hair persian kawin ngan american curl ada percentage tak to get american kitten

pls advice....
need ur opinion base on ur experience
thanks
Old 12-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: nak kawin kan so apa hasil nya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezat View Post
hai all...

i want to ask all otai2 about mating result
i have one flat face and long hair Persian. so if i kawinkan both of it what will be their kitten?
if my long hair persian kawin ngan american curl ada percentage tak to get american kitten

pls advice....
need ur opinion base on ur experience
thanks
Ezat,

The result of all these matings will be either DLH or DSH (domestic long hair or domestic short hair) kittens, depending upon their coat length. If you mix two breeds, regardless of percentages, you will get -- yes, mixed breed kittens.

For the health of your cats, please do read this before you consider breeding them. http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2515
Old 12-25-2011, 02:04 AM
PetFinder Buddy

oh...that one, i already read the link u give to me...a lot of information n thanks.
my cats still young its mean when my male cat age of 6month i need to asingkan dengan female cat la yer? em...its mean better i adopt another adult female cat then it will be more easy because when the male on fire the female always ready kan kan
Old 12-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Petfinder Moderator

I'm sorry, Ezat, I think I gave the wrong impression by sharing the link to that article. I'm not encouraging you to breed cats.

The most responsible thing would be to neuter your male cat when he reaches 6 months. It's best for the health of the cat, and also to save you trying to re-home kittens all the time. As you can see from Petfinder and simply by looking around, there are too many cats, not enough good homes for them. The shelters are euthanising homeless cats, including pedigrees who are dumped there, every day.

Here's some info on the benefits of neutering:
http://www.petfinder.my/library/17_B..._Of_Neutering/

Quote:
oh...that one, i already read the link u give to me...a lot of information n thanks.
my cats still young its mean when my male cat age of 6month i need to asingkan dengan female cat la yer? em...its mean better i adopt another adult female cat then it will be more easy because when the male on fire the female always ready kan kan
Old 12-25-2011, 12:04 PM
PetFinder Buddy

maneki for me neutering is a cruel way to control the population of the cat because u do not know the cat are welling to neuter or not. for me better i let them live in a nature style... but any way u have ur point for ur fact.thanks yer for ur opinion
Old 12-25-2011, 12:21 PM
PetFinder Buddy

i just read this info from wekipedia about the disadvantages neuter our cat or dog

Disadvantages

As with any surgical procedure, immediate complications of neutering include the usual anesthetic and surgical complications, such as bleeding and infection. These risks are relatively low in routine spaying and neutering; however, they may be increased for some animals due to other pre-existing health factors. In one study the risk of anesthetic-related death (not limited to neutering procedures) was estimated at 0.05% for healthy dogs and 0.11% for healthy cats. The risk for sick dogs and cats were 1.33% and 1.40% respectively.[6]

Spaying and neutering dogs and cats increases the risk of obesity.[7] In cats, a decrease in sex hormone levels seems to be associated with an increase in food intake.[8] In dogs, the effects of neutering as a risk factor for obesity vary between breeds.[9]

Neutered dogs of both sexes are at a twofold excess risk to develop osteosarcoma as compared to intact dogs.[10][11][12]
Studies of cardiac tumors in dogs showed that there was a 5 times greater risk of hemangiosarcoma, one of the three most common cancers in dogs, in spayed females than intact females and a 2.4 times greater risk of hemangiosarcoma in neutered dogs as compared to intact males.[13][14]
Spaying and neutering is associated with an increase in urinary tract cancers in dogs.[15]

Neutered dogs of both sexes have a 27% to 38% increased risk of adverse reactions to vaccinations. The incidence of adverse reactions for neutered and intact dogs combined is 0.32%.[16]

Neutered dogs have also been known to develop hormone-responsive alopecia (hair loss).[17]
A 2004 study found that spayed and neutered dogs had a higher incidence of CCL rupture, a form of ACL injury.[18]

Specific to males

About 2% of neutered male dogs eventually develop prostate cancer, compared to less than 0.6% of intact males.[19][20] The evidence is most conclusive for Bouviers.[21]
In a study of 29 intact male dogs and 47 castrated males aged 11–14, the neutered males were significantly more likely to progress from one geriatric cognitive impairment condition (out of the four conditions – disorientation in the house or outdoors, changes in social interactions with human family members, loss of house training, and changes in the sleep-wake cycle) to two or more conditions. Testosterone in intact males is thought to slow the progression of cognitive impairment, at least in dogs that already have mild impairment.[22]
As compared to intact males, male neutered cats are at an increased risk for certain problems associated with feline lower urinary tract disease, including the presence of stones or a plug in the urethra and urethral blockage.[23]
Neutering also has been associated with an increased likelihood of urethral
sphincter incontinence in males.[24]

Specific to females

Spayed female dogs can develop urinary incontinence.[25][26][27] Studies report incidence rates of 4.9% to 20%.[2]
Spayed female dogs are at an increased risk of hypothyroidism.[28]
Old 12-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Quote:
maneki for me neutering is a cruel way to control the population of the cat because u do not know the cat are welling to neuter or not. for me better i let them live in a nature style... but any way u have ur point for ur fact.thanks yer for ur opinion
Ezat, I would just ask you to consider how quickly cats reproduce.

Please consider how many cats you can either care for or find good homes for.

It's one thing to say you're letting nature take it's course, but nature is not kind to cats who end up living on the streets. :-(
Old 12-26-2011, 02:54 PM
PetFinder Buddy

you have point there but i tak sampai hati laaar....
myb i will consider it in future..
thanks bro..