Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Animal Organizations & Societies > SPCA

SPCA All discussions and information related to the non-profit SPCA organization. SPCA is the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:16 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
You think it is only me? Or you choose to see only me?Anum sondri yang jawab sedemikian dulu when I asked whether you have neutered your cats, remember? Anum yg jawab ada beberapa ekor yg sudah dan ada yg belum. So sekarang semua sudah, bagus la. So that explains why nothing is done and will be done then. I am afraid that is your statement, not a fact. And I never did talk about nor am addressing the animals for adoption ... only the healthy strays that are killed/destroyed simply because they fail to get adopted (no human house address), stay focused, Num.Don't give excuses for your failures, Num ... don't be an ostrich or sweep things under the carpet!
Dear Bro,

You are getting out of hands... chill bro... kenapa you up set sangat? I tak faham la...

I am not a FAILURE... BECAUSE I AM STILL TRYING. I SHALL NEVER STOP...

THATS THE REASON I COULDN'T BE BOTHERED WITH THE NONSENCE SAID ABOUT SPCA AMPANG.

AM THERE TO HELP THE ANIMALS AND PEOPLE WHO ARE IN NEED AND WILLING TO ADOPT THE ANIMALS...

I AM PROUD OF BEING A MUSLIM WHO IS NOT AFRAID OF DOG NOR CATS AND RESCUING THEM AND TAKING THEM IN AS PART OF MY FAMILY... NOT ONLY THAT... I AM THERE FOR THE ANIMALS AND NOT FOR THE HUMAN AND BRO... THATS THE DIFFERENCE...

ITS EITHER DO OR DON'T... I CHOOSE TO DO MORE THAN SAYING... THATS WHY I AM THERE AT SPCA AMPANG AND OPENING THIS THREAD TO GET MORE PEOPLE TO COME AND ADOPT.... NOTHING MORE BRO... AS I MENTIONED BEFORE.... MY MAIN MISSION IS TO HELP THE ANIMALS OUT OF THE SHELTER / PRISON / HELL HOLE.... OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT...

Peace dude... get up from your chair and get a glass of water to drink... it will help to calm you down...

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:19 PM
PetFinder Guru

nivek is on a distinguished road

Out of curiosity, how many pets do you have at home, FK and where were they obtained?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:21 PM
PetFinder Guru

nivek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
I AM PROUD OF BEING A MUSLIM WHO IS NOT AFRAID OF DOG NOR CATS AND RESCUING THEM AND TAKING THEM IN AS PART OF MY FAMILY...
I seriously want to date you already..hahahaha
Old 04-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
Oh ya, FK you might find this article interesting as well :

Objecting councils neuter stray dog program

Patsy Moy

Monday, April 06, 2009

A program to neuter stray dogs instead of humanely killing them has been put on hold due to strong pressure from some community leaders.
For years, Hong Kong Dog Rescue and the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals have been advocating a trap-neuter-return, or TNR, program through which stray dogs are trapped, desexed and then released as a means to prevent them breeding while at the same time avoiding euthanasia.

The issue was reignited last month when a puppy was put down after being saved from drowning by the Fire Services Department. The SPCA said the puppy was in poor health.

SPCA executive director Sandy Macalister admitted it was a sad case but he warned Hong Kong will continue to see more stray animals in a similar plight if the government does not introduce effective measures to "break the cycle" by controlling the stray dog population. Macalister said TNR is one option.

Currently, the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department puts down all stray animals not collected by animal welfare groups for rehoming within four to seven days. Last year the department put down 10,350 dogs and 4,150 cats. Only 720 dogs and 180 cats found new homes.

The TNR proposal has been put up for consultation since July 2006 but so far only nine of the 18 district councils have accepted the option, seven are opposed to it and two have not been able to reach a consensus either way.

Animal groups are keen to start a trial program in some districts that support the program, but the department told The Standard this can only be done if there is consensus in the community.

SPCA deputy director (welfare) Fiona Woodhouse said: "We are exhausted after lobbying [the district councillors] and discussing with the department for months and months.

"People don't want to kill the stray dogs but they don't want to see them in their neighborhood either."

Islands, Wong Tai Sin, Southern District, Tsuen Wan, Kowloon City, Kwai Tsing and Tai Po are the seven councils objecting to the program.

Tai Po district council vice chairman Man Chen-fai claimed it was in the interests of stray dogs.

"The dogs become tame after they are desexed and consequently end up being attacked by other animals. A better solution is to find them another place after being neutered rather then put them back in the neighborhood."

However, animal lovers who send stray dogs to be neutered and released could face an animal abandonment charge, which carries a maximum penalty of six months' jail and HK$10,000 fine. "So we cannot ask our volunteers to neuter the stray dogs, which is illegal," Hong Kong Dog Rescue founder Sally Andersen said.

Three times a week, Andersen visits the government kennel to collect as many dogs as possible for rehousing to prevent them from being put down.

"We have adopted a no-kill policy. We try to find room for them, though we now have 160 dogs in our center looking for new homes," she said.
Dogs memang jauh lebih susah, Nivek ... that is why I kata memang sungguh kesian. The cats dah cukup kesian, tapi the dogs ... memang tak tercakap, Nivek! But the cats got much possibility.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 04-21-2009, 04:28 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
I seriously want to date you already..hahahaha
Alamak.... kene tanya MrDolittle la macam ni...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how many pets do you have at home, FK and where were they obtained?
No pets, Nivek ... all are rescues (but immensely loved nonetheless) from longkang and street (most were dumped crying kittens from small) but given a home at my house ... all cats, don't ask how many ... bursting but held in place with limit reached stretchable good old Malaysian rubber
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 04-21-2009, 04:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Don't shift things to the government because as HK SPCA announced, they did all of what they did WITHOUT much help from their government ... and succeeded.
Well, adik FK sayang...

HK bukan Muslim country kan... oppsss... sensitive issue... will not mention it again.

Sorry Andy, sorry Ezer... please do not close this thread... the animals need help...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

daphne1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to daphne1985

Quote:
Dogs memang jauh lebih susah, Nivek ... that is why I kata memang sungguh kesian. The cats dah cukup kesian, tapi the dogs ... memang tak tercakap, Nivek! But the cats got much possibility.
Now u noe..Now u noe how much difficult for the SPCA to help those dogs...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:34 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
No pets, Nivek ... all are rescues (but immensely loved nonetheless) from longkang and street (most were dumped crying kittens from small) but given a home at my house ... all cats, don't ask how many ... bursting but held in place with limit reached stretchable good old Malaysian rubber
FK you know where and how i got my "furry babies" kan...

See we are all ONE... SAME MISSION... LETS JUST HELP THE POOR CREATURE...

Boleh kan dik...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Peace dude... get up from your chair and get a glass of water to drink... it will help to calm you down...
Whatever your perception, Num, I am perfectly fine, thank you and perfectly focused on the real issues.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:37 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne1985 View Post
Now u noe..Now u noe how much difficult for the SPCA to help those dogs...
Yes Daphne,

Thats why kakak open up this thread...

Adoi... penatnya my otak...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:38 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Whatever your perception, Num, I am perfectly fine, thank you and perfectly focused on the real issues.
So, will you help the kitties? For free... no charge or donation asked...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
FK you know where and how i got my "furry babies" kan... See we are all ONE... SAME MISSION... LETS JUST HELP THE POOR CREATURE... Boleh kan dik...
Boleh, Kak Anum sayang ... but I still need you to put on your Catwoman suit and go bash those animal-cruel neighbours so their brains plop into place properly (we have done it, we also need you in the Catwoman suit to do it the way only you can ... starting with Taman Shamelin Permata ... that it is ok and compassionate to allow managed (we scoop poo every day, rain or shine ... promise one!) neutered strays (cats) to live among us ... don't have to scoop up every one to dump or kill (only to be replaced with reproducing ones and back to square one!)
Old 04-21-2009, 04:43 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Yes Daphne,

Thats why kakak open up this thread...

Adoi... penatnya my otak...
ya, I will try my best to find them a sweet home..I find myself like half consultant to SPCA ad, coz nowadays bz taking photo with Eddy at SPCA and send for my friends (Animal Lover) that are looking for pets..They ask me lot questions, well, I try my best to help them as much as I noe about that animals if really dunno will then call SPCA again lo.. Thanks Ms Puspah for kind assisting..
Old 04-21-2009, 04:46 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

Tiffany, how is ur little puppy doing ?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:46 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Boleh, Kak Anum sayang ... but I still need you to put on your Catwoman suit and go bash those animal-cruel neighbours so their brains plop into place properly (we have done it, we also need you in the Catwoman suit to do it the way only you can ... starting with Taman Shamelin Permata ... that it is ok and compassionate to allow managed (we scoop poo every day, rain or shine ... promise one!) neutered strays (cats) to live among us ... don't have to scoop up every one to dump or kill (only to be replaced with reproducing ones and back to square one!)
By God's willing we will definitely go there ya dik...

Kalau akak pakai cat woman suit, nanti akak pulak kena tagkap and SPAYED...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:49 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
Tiffany, how is ur little puppy doing ?
u said me?? Tiffany? I'm Daphne, ya my puppy are fine now, very happy, his skin pimple gone ad....So happy

But Now a bit notty only lo..need more training, else will be as spoil as Marley lo..
Old 04-21-2009, 04:50 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne1985 View Post
ya, I will try my best to find them a sweet home..I find myself like half consultant to SPCA ad, coz nowadays bz taking photo with Eddy at SPCA and send for my friends (Animal Lover) that are looking for pets..They ask me lot questions, well, I try my best to help them as much as I noe about that animals if really dunno will then call SPCA again lo.. Thanks Ms Puspah for kind assisting..
nEXT TIME LOOK FOR ME OR CAN CALL ME FIRST...

I will help you and show you which one must go home first... ask for Shahrul.

Can ya girl...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:52 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
remind me of one phrase.chick buffer.u see,if 2 guys feel akward to hug each other,in between them there will be 1 girl act a as a buffer between the guy
It's called sandwich, june! And it's every guy's fantasy...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:52 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
By God's willing we will definitely go there ya dik...

Kalau akak pakai cat woman suit, nanti akak pulak kena tagkap and SPAYED...
nola...abang furkids like to see u in the cat women dress..so sexy..especially in night...

Joking Joking.....sorry kak anum, dont angry ya...

kak Anum, if you need any help for volunteer please let me noe.....I will make myself available